ardent

Testing boundaries

Hera

gems
size
build
player
10-21-2014, 09:43 AM

It was so boring in the den. Ever since Hera opened her silver eyes she had been exploring every inch of the average sized den, often getting in trouble for getting into Momma's herbs. She bugged her sister and mom constantly to play with her, playing games like making Aura a deer she's stalking or pretending Momma was a big beast she had to fight and protect Aura from. It was fun for a while, but she was running out of new plots to play out within the earthen walls of their den. She frequently disobeyed Momma's rules and poked her head out of the den, peering out into the wide open world around them for a moment before she got caught. But today she was hopeful! She woke up, her eyes immediately wide open and awake. She hopped up, shaking out her pale coat and bouncing around the den. She whined when she realized Momma was already gone, her ears falling back in disappointment. She wanted to ask to go outside! She hopped over to the entrance, carefully peaking out to see if Momma was around.

Not seeing her, her tail wagged excitedly and she bounced back over to where Aura was laying, poking her sister's side with her forepaw. "Ar! Ar! C'mon, lets go out," she whispered excitedly, wiggling with energy. "Momma's not here, she won' know!"

""

Aura

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2014, 06:01 PM

It was so comfortable in the den and there was excitement beneath every rock and between every crevice. From the marvelous little crawling bugs that Mamma calls "ants" to the little green leaves that seemed to grow from the ceiling. She was curled beneath herself, comfortably, sleeping. Forelimbs twitched gently as dreams of her sister pouncing on her played on her mind. Though, soon, pokes on her side would awaken her. Herrraa. . . Words were a soft grunt and eyes remained shut as the syllables fell off her lips.

Her sister seemed much braver than herself and seemed to grow bored so easily. Aura much preferred the safety of Mamma's den. There was much excitement to be found in here, right? And then Hera would have another brilliant idea - to journey outside of their home. Oh, she always seemed to have these great plans and they always ended up getting in some kind of trouble because of them. Like the time when she went along with Hera's plan to play doctor with Mamma's herbs. Aura shifted onto her side and silver eyes would look to meet her sister's excited gaze. I dunno. . . I don't have a good feeling about this.

Limbs would push the tiny pup into a stand and she would softly walk to the den's door. Eyes would sparkle in awe as she looked at the beauty of the world that stretched out before her. The air was crisp and cool and the leaves that fluttered to the ground were like rainbows of colors. Colors she did not even know of yet. Ok, well. . . maybe if it's a quick look. Mamma wouldn't be mad, right?

my actions |
my words |
my thoughts

Phoebe

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Athena I
10-27-2014, 08:57 PM

Words here.

""

Phoebe had only left for a moment while the pups were still sleeping to find them some lunch. She knew if she asked Helios or Natalya or maybe even one of their now half-grown children would have been happy to get it for her, but it gave her a chance to get out of the den for a bit without going too far. She returned with two rabbits hanging from her jaws, one for her and one to split between her daughters. They were just getting old enough to eat real food and already she was afraid they were growing up to fast. It seemed like just yesterday that they were just tiny, helpless, blind little things and now they were running around the den constantly. Well, Hera was anyway.

Phoebe got back to the den just in time to hear her girls conspiring about going outside on their own, Aura of course being the voice of reason. Phoebe chuckled and sat their dinner off to the side before padding closer, peeking into the den with a smile. "No, Momma won't be mad," she answered with a soft chuckle. "Come on, you two, you can come look around. Don't run off though, okay?" She stepped back so the two of them could get out and then settled herself onto her stomach next to the den with the rabbits she had caught, starting to pull the meat off of one of them for the girls for them to eat after they explored for a bit.