ardent

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOT INTO

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 07:40 PM

The mountain itself was quite magnificent, and it smelled faintly of an old feline presence, which disappointed the beast because she had missed it. The loud rushing of a large waterfall attracted her attention, reminding her of her thirst from climbing up the mountain face. Slinking forwards, she floated silently over the bare rock floor towards the stream that fed the torrent of falling water. Dipping her short muzzle into the freezing aqua, the monster lapped it up with a wide raspy tongue. Long tail flicked behind her as she filled her stomach with a satisfying amount of the refreshing liquid. Standing, the demon slunk to the edge of the cliff and sat down with her massive front paws gripping the edge and her long, dark tipped tail hanging over the ledge as well. It was nice up here, there were no annoying wolves to drive her more insane than she already was.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
12-28-2013, 08:16 PM

The landscape was not to remain devoid of wolves for long. A silky-furred black pelt graced the wintery terrain, popping up out of the foliage as if appearing by magic. Loki, though by nature craving of attention, often sought solitude when the pathetic mewling of lesser wolves began to grate on his nerves, and what better place to find solitude than atop a mountain? And he was not immune to the charm of the place, a stark beauty combined of wintery rock cliffs and rushing waterfall.

He too had built a thirst climbing the mountain, and made his graceful way toward the icy water. Before he had touched tongue to water, a stray wind carried an unusual scent his way, drawing his gaze. A momentary blank astonishment filled his acid green eyes at the sight of the big cat. He'd never seen a cougar before, though he quickly recognized her from stories he'd heard while in his former pack.

He was quick to regain his control, however, and with narrow eyes deliberately returned to his drink. He had no fear of the magnificent beast, only caution. And magnificent she was, powerful and sleek in a way he'd never before encountered in another creature. He made no effort to silence his movements, allowing the big cat to deduce his presence if she had not already.

"Speech"

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 09:04 PM

A dark form was caught in her peripheral vision, and slowly would the broad cranium pivot upon it's powerful neck, primrose coloured optics fixing upon the strange man. A wolf. Of fucking course. When someone tries to escape something, it chases them all the way into their hideaway. A low growl of annoyance escaped her powerful jaws as she stood and approached the dark lupine. A stray thought tugged at her conscience, curving her lips up into a dark smile. She would love to have that pelt blanketing her nest. Seating herself on the bank opposite the acid eyed canine, she glared at the mutt. "Why is it when someone seeks peace from the incessant whining of you pathetic mongrels, you chase them all the way to their happy place?" She demanded lazily, her thickly accented Russian tones a growl of agitation. Long tail flicked beside her as she waited for the dark canid to answer the question that was no doubt above his intelligence level. A dark lip lifted in disdain as she watched the skinny creature, unimpressed by his sudden appearance while she was trying to get away from the damned lupines that infested this god forsaken lands.

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
12-28-2013, 09:30 PM

When the big cat stalked closer, Loki deigned to lift his muzzle from the icy water to watch her. He was no fool - he knew he stood no chance in a fight if the female took offense to something he said or did. Those claws could gut him in seconds and there was little he could do to defend himself. Much better to be... polite.

He twitched internally when she spoke aloud in a strange accent, grouping him together with all the other pathetic canines in this place. He covered his reaction as best he could, keeping his facial expression bland. Instead he bowed deeply, saying with smooth sincerity, "How else could I gaze upon your awesome magnificence without interruption by the masses? I give you my most humble apologies for subjecting your graciousness with my lowly presence."

Let it not be said that Loki Silvertongue could not grovel with grace.

"Speech"

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 09:44 PM

The wolf seemed to take offence, but the dog was quite the little actor. A deep bow was offered as penance to the powerful beast as his voice grated in her rounded audits. Her grin broadened as she listened to the dignified grovelling, and she nearly purred with dark mirth. "What is your name, Tot, kto ne prinadlezhit." She growled, less harsh than before. A wolf who understood her superiority, or at least acted like they did, always looked better in her pale golden eyes. She did not move a muscle to close the distance between the lupine and herself, because despite her ability to tolerate the ones who recognized their inferiority, she still wanted to be as far from them as possible. Examining her massive paws one at a time, she discovered yet another split claw, which she had to remove. Putting it between her teeth, the monster clamped down on the sliver that had separated and tore it from the healthy talon. Her ghostly yellow polls remained fixed on the dark mutt as she waited for his reply.

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
12-28-2013, 10:04 PM

The cat seemed to be mildly amused. At least, she didn't use those wicked-looking claws on him, which was a plus in Loki's book. She asked his name, followed by a string of foreign words he couldn't quite follow, let alone understand. It was in all probability an insult of some form, but unlike his oafish brother Loki was more than capable of swallowing his pride.

"I am called Loki, oh most majestic of felines." She hadn't offered her own name; Loki wouldn't risk antagonizing her by inquiring after it before she was ready to give it.

The cougar had made no move to close the gap between them after that initial approach, so Loki followed suit and kept his distance. Particularly considering the rather lethal size of the claws she was nibbling on as she watched him. It was actually rather thrilling to be so near the dangerous creature, to be speaking to her. An interest that the dull beasts of his own species rarely provoked in him just by deigning to speak with him.

"Speech"

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 10:24 PM

He introduced himself as Loki. Ahh the God of Mischief sat before her, how had she not seen it? A chirp of amusement escaped her grinning lips, her voice now falling from her lips as a deep purr. "Ah Loki, my favourite of all the Gods." She purred, flicking her long tail. A deep chuckle escaped those dark lips of hers, laughing at her own situation. Standing, the tawny monster leapt across the stream, landing a few feet from the mortal with a divine namesake. However, she decided to humour the lupine. Thick cords of muscle rippled along her powerful frame as she slunk towards the dark mutt, grinning darkly. "So, what does the powerful god of mischief wish to achieve by gracing me with his presence?" She purred, moving to coil her body around his own seated form as she approached, long tail wrapping around his neck, dark tip flicking his chin. A low growl rumbled her chest, reverberating through her ribs, which pressed against his back.

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
12-28-2013, 10:55 PM

Her reaction to his name amused and pleased him. His tail flicked against his paws. Ah, the cat saw the power in his name when hardly any of his kind did. Not surprising considering how dull the creatures were. Still, that he would have to look to an entirely different species to find a creature that could see his true worth was a terrible thing.

The mountan lion's leap over the stream was unexpected. He tensed, half expecting the cat to unsheath her claws and attack him. But what she did next made him almost choke in shock. Sleek body curled around his, tail wrapping around his throat. A deep purr vibrating against his back.

Despite his earlier confidence, Loki barely restrained himself from leaping to his feet and bolting in his surprise. He wasn't entirely sure that he kept himself from shivering at the foreign touch of the huge cat, but he'd certainly tried. He had to clear his throat a couple times to manage to speak, but when he did it was without so much as a quaver.

"I wish to achieve no more than the warmth of your presence. Just as the flower seeks the sun without thought, so have I found your lovely aura to sustain me."

No, Loki wasn't afraid. He was just cautious. Very, very cautious of the unpredictable, deadly creature curled around him in a very, very disconcerting way.

"Speech"

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 11:18 PM

His unease made her enjoy this ever the more, her purr deepening. His reply brought a chuckle past her dark lips, a sigh of contentment escaping after it. "It is strange to see a god seeking out a demon, yet I still enjoy it." She purred, keeping herself coiled against the sleek frame of her new plaything. His fear was hot against her tawny pelt, his galloping pulse thumping against her long tail. She held her face next to his, chuckling as she whispered into his pointed ear. "What's wrong Loki, are you not immortal? What has you so frightened?" She growled quietly into his ear, her hot breath ruffling the fur within. She was having so much fun now, with this god turned mortal.

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
12-28-2013, 11:48 PM

How insane, exactly, was this cat? Loki found himself wondering as she spoke. She didn't really think he was a god? Though he found it flattering to the extreme, it was also a little disconcerting. Still, it was better to be friendly to the crazy person in the hopes that they'd hold off on dismembering you.

The cat's hot breath filled his ear with soft words, offering not endearment, but insult that caused Loki's silky fur to bristle despite the close quarters of sharp claws. Had he been his brother, he'd have lashed out, danger be damned. Luckily, he was not his brother, or any lesser beast. He was Loki, and Loki would not be provoked so easily. But neither could he allow the taunting words to pass completely unremarked. He, slowly, deliberately, and calmly narrowed his emerald eyes and arched his neck enough to look the cat in the eye.

"I do not fear you," he rumbled smoothly, non-threateningly but with a hint of reproach, as though he were hurt by her assumption that he could be fearful. "I simply find myself dazzled with the brilliance of your presence. It is not fear I feel when I gaze upon you, but awe."

"Speech"

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
12-29-2013, 11:20 AM

His insulted emotions mingled his bristling ebony pelt with her own tawny fur, a beautiful contrast, really. He met her eyes directly as he spoke, speaking of her brilliant form. Throwing her head back, the beast laughed as she uncoiled herself from the dark lupine. He was no god, because if he was a god he would not seek her presence nor enjoy it. "One should feel awe when looking upon me." She rumbled, padding off where the sound of an animal scuffling in the brush attracted her. The squeal of a coyote brought the lash to her long tail as she found her prey. Running from the monster the tiny blonde canine was still doomed. A single leap brought her upon it, where she messily, slowly murdered it. It's nearly sentient cries for mercy brought dark laughter to her lips as she sliced it easily from throat to anus, letting it slowly bleed out. The light faded from it's brown eyes, and the beast purred as she took in the blood covering her immense paws. Turning around, she kicked dirt over the eliminated pest and padded back to her new plaything, pale golden optics fixed upon his own acidic orbs, awaiting a reaction. "Pardon my rudeness, but pests must be eliminated as soon as possible." She purred, a dark grin on her lips, revealing her massive fangs as she waited.

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
12-29-2013, 05:21 PM

It was hard to keep his passive mask in place through the rush of relief he felt when the feline uncoiled her body from around him. Thrill-seeker and prankster he may be, but to be that close to the most potentially lethal creature he'd encountered was truly unsettling.

He watched as the cougar stalked away, pouncing suddenly on a coyote who had been nosing too closely. He didn't allow himself to look away, even when she very gruesomely eviscerated the much smaller canine and let it bleed out still crying out for help. The sight bothered him much less than it should - the beast was after all of a species quite similar to his own, but Loki had never cared for his own species let alone a lesser, so why would the admittedly-gory slaughter bother him?

Still, the threat was obvious, and his imagination kicked into overdrive, seeing those wickedly curved talons cutting into his flesh, spilling his blood and organs on the rocky dirt.

Despite that, he hardly missed a beat when she spoke to him. "Oh, I absolutely agree. Your time is much too precious to be taken up by pests, I am sure," he said huskily, dragging his gaze from her bloodied paws to her own yellow eyes. "The depth of your elegance, your grace in motion, they are truly, truly a sight to behold."

"Speech"

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
12-29-2013, 11:09 PM

She was impressed by his less than terrified demeanor, not many wolves failed to flee when she mercilessly murdered a canid. He still seemed to admire her prowess, agreeing with her statement of eliminating pests. His following compliment was nothing if not stroking the ego of the tawny monster, and she grinned as she came ever closer to him. "Despite you being one of the filthy creatures that plague this land, your company is not as... disagreeable." She replied smoothly, searching for the proper word to define her opinions. Thickly accented Russian lyrics were a growl as usual, her face barely inches from the long snout of the dark lupine. Long tail swept away pebbles as she seated herself smoothly upon the terra, licking the sanguine wine from her immense paws. Massive fangs pulled bits of fur and flesh from between her talons as she cleaned, her ghostly yellow orbs never leaving the stranger. "I think I shall allow you the grace of using my name. I am Zafira." She purred, having paused from her meticulous preening to examine the male further, burning gaze flicking up and down his body in scrutiny. Resuming the removal of gore from her forepaws, she waited for his next words. Was he simply running his mouth to save his hide? Or was he truly enamoured with the demon's majesty? She pondered this while she cleaned, her mind slowly pondering this and that.

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
01-14-2014, 11:35 AM

Loki's bright green eyes focused on the gold gaze so close to his own, to avoid watching the cat cleaning gore from those wicked claws. Not that he was squeamish about her having killed a worthless coyote, no. More of a general dislike of mess and untidiness. He didn't move away for fear of offending the killer, but he couldn't help but really, really hope that she didn't splatter any of that blood on him. Not that he couldn't get messy if it came down to it, he just preferred not to.

"It is good to hear you say that," he said in reply to her comment on his less-than-disagreeable company. "To be found as such by a creature like yourself is... a great honor."

He was not quite sure what to make of her next words, though. Allowing him the use of her name, was that truly meant to be an honor, or simply a mockery? As irritating as it was to be allowed to do anything - all privileges were his by right! - he made no move to show anything of the sort. He may be above all those uncivilized beasts of his own species, but this cat was so far out of his league that it was laughable.

"Truly that is the greatest of honors," he said smoothly, inclining his head to the magnificent cat. "Zafira." He had hesitated at first to use her name, unsure if the cat had set him up for her to be offended by it's use, but having said it he drew out the syllables, savoring the name like a connoisseur savoring wine.

"Speech"

Zafira

gems
size
build
player
01-27-2014, 10:52 PM

His unsure speech was delightful, and the twisted fiend enjoyed every bit of it. When he said her name, it was like he enjoyed it as much as she did, hearing her name being uttered like it was a prize to be won by the best. She chuckled darkly, looking the mutt over. Despite how he acted, so calm and debonair, she was getting bored. His endless flattery had begun to lack the same lustre as it had beforehand, much to the tawny beast's slight dismay. Yawning, she decided they had not yet become drab, so she would continue to remain in his presence. "I am feeling the need to seek out food, would you care to join me in a hunt?" She would inquire, swiftly changing the direction of her gaze to examine her talons as she flicked them out before her face and scrutinized their condition. They appeared suitable for hunting, though they would not be as useful as her gleaming fangs in finishing the job. Returning her icy primrose stare to the features of the lupine before her, she awaited a reply from him. Slowly, the monster would raise herself to her feet, swishing her long tail behind her in agitated response to his lengthy time taken to answer her simple question.