ardent

looking back sucks (joining tortuga)

Legolas

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Muscled legs would lead the blue eyed man to the forest, he was drawn to them. This forest was filled with great redwoods. He smiled, he loved this kind of scenery. That was when it hit him, the scent, pack. He was trespassing. He wondered what kind of pack this was, was it loyal and trusting like his old pack. HIs old pack was the best one could ask for, especially if you're heir to the throne. But that was all gone now, he needed a new pack. He couldn't exactly stalk in and yell, "Hello I am Legolas Greenleaf, heir to a long forgotten land, give me your throne." No he would have to start off at the bottom, like any other would do. He was a nobody here, he was not prince of a great realm. He was him, an ordinary Joe. For some odd reason, he liked it. Not having a huge responsibility, weighing down on you.
Head would tip back as he filled his lungs with woodland air, and howled. The sound ringing out through the forest. Someone would definitely have heard. He sat, waiting, to see who would come. He would leave if he didn't want to stay, didn't believe in their laws. But he would stay if he thought it was a worthy pack.

"Speech"

Deteste

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 04:57 PM

Hot breath billowed from the man's black jowls. His hard gait tireless and smooth among that familiar ground; propelling him towards the end of patrol. Tortuga had little traffic. Perhaps no traffic. And it was no surprise to him given the methods of which he had obtained the pack. Yet the man was patient and his patrols were no less disheartened. A cry in the distance would reward the man's wait and his gait would turn in the stranger's direction.

An immaculate pelt of white would break the vertical pattern of redwood trunks that otherwise retained the territory in a perpetual state of black and grey. His trot would break a couple strides from the stranger though his reflective gaze would breech any distance between them. The stranger was young but this did not reflect his worth and the man's crown would fall in a manor of greeting, jaws parting in speech once his head was risen again. Deteste. Master of Tortuga. What do you seek? He would speak. The straightforward inquiry billowing about his jowls in the form of white smoke.

Legolas

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 05:31 PM
He saw the ebony man as he was walking towards him. He had a dark ebony pelt, with bright blue eyes. A little darker than his own. The man stopped a few paces away. Deteste. Master of Tortuga. What do you seek? Legolas stood, facing the man he spoke. I seek entrance to your pack Master Deteste. Well if I agree with your values he would look to the man again, waiting for an answer. How would he react? The cold dug into him. He couldn't wait for the spring to come. And the green to reclaim the land, the white to retreat. The lustre and life to return to the forests. To replace the cold that had a firm grip on the lands.

Deteste

gems
size
build
player
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM

Respect. Capability. Contribution. the man would begin; it was a mantra he had created for this very purpose. His cold gaze holding the stranger with a careful expression of interest a he measured what reaction his words might incite. These are the three values that Tortugan wolves are expected to live by. Tortuga is a pack for individuals who want to be valued. The individual should be able bodied and thoughtful should contribute to Tortugan life in all aspects according their capabilities and skills. You are welcome to stay; with your strength I do not doubt you will climb the ranks easily. Should you find Tortuga is not the pack life you seek, you are also free to leave at anytime. The man would pause, allowing his billowing breath to clear the air before adding a final thought.

There is one impression I do wish all members to have. There is a cat who lives among the redwoods who is to be left alone. You will, in time, find where our scent fades in the forest and her realm is to be untouched. Should you disturb the cat; your punishment will be under her discretion if you are caught. I will not be able to help you. To lighten the seriousness of his last statement the man would shift his stance and then smile at the stranger. Rump would fall gently upon the snow as the man sat comfortably down upon it. What is your name, young man? He would inquire thoughtfully.

Legolas

gems
size
build
player
01-03-2014, 01:05 AM

The man would speak again, and Legolas would listen. Keen to hear their values. Respect. Capability. Contribution. He agreed, very much so. The man continued, These are the three values that Tortugan wolves are expected to live by. Tortuga is a pack for individuals who want to be valued. The individual should be able bodied and thoughtful should contribute to Tortugan life in all aspects according their capabilities and skills. You are welcome to stay; with your strength I do not doubt you will climb the ranks easily. Should you find Tortuga is not the pack life you seek, you are also free to leave at anytime. He would nod, and then the man added, almost as a side thought, There is one impression I do wish all members to have. There is a cat who lives among the redwoods who is to be left alone. You will, in time, find where our scent fades in the forest and her realm is to be untouched. Should you disturb the cat; your punishment will be under her discretion if you are caught. I will not be able to help you. so there was clearly a cat, a dangerous one, in the forest. He didn't mind giving her her space. And he did want to climb the ranks, he wasn't going to sit around. He wasn't that sort of person. There was a purpose to packs, survival and order. And he would fulfil that purpose. They are fine values if I ever heard any Master Deteste, I agree with them. And I shall do my best to climb the ranks a smile would appear, his eyes danced.

The man smiled and sat down, Legolas followed, sitting down, facing him. What is your name, young man? He hadn't even introduced himself, which was rude. Ah, I apologize for not introducing myself, you speak to Legolas Greenleaf, prince of Mirkwood, a dead realm. I think I shall stay with your pack master Deteste, I am willing to start off with whatever rank you should give me. Eyes would seek the ebony man's reaction. He would probably be accepted, as the man had seemed quite willing to talk about his pack before.

Speech

Deteste

gems
size
build
player
01-04-2014, 06:54 PM

So long as you mind the cat... the man would begin, pausing to bring the point of his muzzle towards his chest where Zafira had marked him; five clean grooves which were her talons; a wound still fresh and still healing. He would glance upon the wound so much as his vision allowed before returning his gaze to Legolas and chuckling. Legolas. he would speak again, jowls moving slowly as he felt the name with lip and voice. I would be glad to have you as part of my Auxiliary. What might your specific skill set be? He would inquire, pondering where the young man would fit in best in Tortugan life. Deteste would not be surprised if he were promoting the young man within the next season for he seemed capable and willing to succeed.

Legolas

gems
size
build
player
01-05-2014, 04:25 PM

As the man glanced down, Legolas followed his gaze. His eyes met five gashes, he was clearly remembering something. He wondered if had been the cat. So, yeah, he really needed to avoid the cat. His name was heard through the man's gruff tones. I would be glad to have you as part of my Auxiliary. What might your specific skill set be? he smiled, he had a wide range of skills, He sounded really boastful, but if he was honest, he was a good fighter, a good hunter, and a thinker. "Well Master Deteste, I do not mean to come across as boastful, but I am a warrior, a thinker, and a hunter. And I am happy to be a part of your Auxillary." A smile crossed his face, he did like the sound of this pack. And he was glad that Master Deteste had accepted him.

"Speech"

Deteste

gems
size
build
player
01-10-2014, 10:27 PM

Ah. the man exhales, contemplating the man's skills, You will find that well-rounded characters climb the ranks quite easily. What is it that brought you to the redwoods I wonder? the inquiry was casual but his curiosity was legitimate. It appeared to the man that Legolas was a wolf of worth. He was a great contribution to Tortuga and he felt the need to explore the youth's history; and more than that to make a friend of him. Deteste was not anti-social, he managed interpersonal interactions rather well but his level of formalism in such situations often caused him to be distant. Yet among Legolas he was not so guarded.

Legolas

gems
size
build
player
01-18-2014, 06:12 PM

Legolas thought about it. he had simply arrived here. He had had no intentions of joining a pack when he arrived in Alacritia, but this place had drawn him in. It was so similar to the forests of his homeland. It did make the man long for the trees of Mirkwood a little. But what was the past was the past. "Well, when I was younger I lived in the realm of Mirkwood, heir to the throne of my father. Our kingdom was brought down by a pack twice our size, I survived. We lived in great forests, I made a vow to protect them. They are my natural habitat I suppose you could say. I was drawn here by the forest basically." He could have gone into so much more detail, but he didn't want to bore Deteste to death. After all, his story was a long one. And he hoped to keep expanding on that story for some time yet.

"Speech"