ardent

Calling of the North

Theo

gems
size
build
player
12-10-2013, 07:56 PM

[ Theo Blaise / Loner / Frozen Field ] Night fell across the eternal landscape, giving the endless ranges of mountains an ethereal feeling. Stars glistened like silver eyes in the night sky, and the moon hung limply, its crescent claw elegantly curved and illuminated. The moon appeared to be casting a faint, milky glow along the gray stones of the mountain ranges, making the scenery appear to have a surreal, gorgeous light cast upon it. Heavy snow dappled the peaks of even the lowest mountains, and a cold, howling wind scorched the rocky outcrops. In spite of the cold weather, the streams and rivers still caused a calm, gurgling sound to emanate through the mountainous valleys, giving the North lands a serene, tranquil tone.

Claws clicked against the icy terrain as a wolf padded through the field of endless glaciers, snow buffeting his fur as he padded onward. Opening his jaws, a thick, frozen breath protruded from the massive set of glistening, blood-stained fangs. Though Theo despised the cold until his final breath, the ice always seemed to call out to him, and his bones ached for the frozen landscape of the North. He had been born in the harsh season of winter; perhaps this is why he loved to gaze upon the field of glistening, beautiful ice. To him, the glaciers did not spell danger. They only meant new discoveries and gorgeous, natural artwork. Theo would always prefer the land of the glaciers over the forests any day, even if he did not like the cold so much.

Snow began to obscure his vision overtime, and each pawstep became a bit more difficult. Still, he continued to trudge on, feeling the icy wind tug at his snow-white fur. Though he shrank away from the cold, it was evident that he was born for the North. Perhaps he had even been born in the North, but he would never divulge that. Besides, a wolf's mind did not judge its birth place; only their heart sought out the setting in ravenous desire for the gorgeous, glistening scenery.

Speech,

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
12-10-2013, 10:18 PM

Though she had attempted to join Glaciem, to find the security of a pack, her heart suddenly grew faint at the idea. Something about their king, handsome as he was, warned her not to join them. At least for now. The young female had remained in the north, though she was born in a warmer area. Still the snow and ice seemed to call out to her... it was beautiful. Beautiful and yet treacherous at times. The femme was still scared of being on her own, but it seemed like not many wolves passed this way so she felt safe.

But perhaps her judgement for wanting to hunt right now wasn't the greatest idea. The snow had quickly gotten heavier, blurring her vision with the white flurries that fell. She had been wandering for a while now, with little walk, and she knew that she had to head back to her den soon. Her body was decorated with snow, and it was getting harder to be out here on her own.

Arietta had almost reached her den when she bumped into something furry. She backed up, blinking her eyes so some of the snowflakes fell away from them. She had bumped into another wolf, white, but not a pack wolf. He was a loner... just like her. The female lowered her ears back, stepping back with her tail lowered. "I'm sorry... I didn't see you there. Are you alright out here?"

Speech, Thought

Theo

gems
size
build
player
12-10-2013, 11:12 PM

The cold had stolen into his marrow, seeping through his bones. Still, the polar wolf carried on, his jaws gaping as he scented for anything out in this bitterly frigid wasteland. To him, though, it was not a wasteland. In fact, through his golden orbs, he could believe this to be a wonderful, magnificent place to be, in spite of the freezing weather, which tended to plummet swiftly out here in the Frozen Fields. The wolf meandered through the field of ice, alone and silent. Though he had been born as a loner, part of him wanted to run with a pack. Perhaps he could join Glaciem, but he had never looked into the life of the packs. He just knew that some had cruel tendencies, and he honestly only longed for a pack with order and ranks in mind. Still, he wandered through the landscape as a loner, wondering if it was loneliness or solitude that pierced his soul.

Theo had made an escapade out here, trying to make the best out of his ability to go wherever he wanted, so long as the threat of pack territory did not loom over his head. Nowadays, it appeared as if all of the land was claimed by the warring or allying packs. Perhaps it would be safest to join one of the packs, and Glaciem just seemed like the best fit for Theo. Still, he would not adapt to pack life, so he remained as a rogue of the landscape.

The snow-white, polar wolf felt something solid and furry bump up against him. He glanced over, his golden eyes blazing through the thick haze of snow. Though he had tensed, he seemed to calm down a bit at the thought of this wolf not looking too aggressive. "S'alright. And yeah, I'm fine. I enjoy it out here, actually," he replied gruffly, his voice devoid of any emotion. It was not like he felt threatened out here. In fact, he quite enjoyed it out here, in spite of the frigid wind clawing viciously at his pale, white fur.

Speech,

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
12-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Arietta's soft blue gaze fell upon that of blazing gold. The wolf before her seemed like he could be the very essence of these frozen lands. Honestly, if she had not bumped into the male she would have surely missed him in the falling snow. Unlike herself, the male seemed to have a confidence about himself in the frozen wasteland that was all around them.

The she wolf was relieved by his answer, but also surprised by the lack of emotion in his voice. She blink her eyes a couple times, feeling nervousness tie up her tongue for a few moments. Then, finding her words, Arietta spoke. "If you don't mind my asking, what might your name be? I... I'm Arietta." It was a simple question, but the year and a half she wolf was still learning the ins and outs of socializing with other wolves.

{{Ooc:: I am so sorry for the wait and sucky reply. I've had some trouble building up muse the past couple days. D;}}

Speech, Thought

Theo

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2013, 11:47 AM

As the polar wolf padded forward, his pawpads left imprints in the delicate snow, revealing his path to the other wolf. Theo's golden eyes blazed with clarity, and he looked the female canine over with an intense gaze that seemed to be the very essence of the polar landscape. His white fur was billowed and clawed by the icy, frigid winds, though he did not seem to move one muscle as he gazed at this brown-hued wolf. His golden eyes looked into her sapphire ones for a matter of moments, then he pulled his gaze away, looking at the endless rows of towering mountains. Everything about the polar landscape seemed to grip his heart with frosty claws. Despite the cold air, he loved every single subject about this frozen wasteland, even though some could not see any beauty within an ice-capped world. However, his heart did not ache for the eternal rows of trees in the forest; he wanted a land of mountains and barren piles of snow. What else could he ask for now?

Theo's breath came out in frozen clouds of air, revealing just how cold it was in this endless wasteland-or paradise, in his mind. Though the cold penetrated the skin underneath his fur, he still acted like he belonged in this frozen world; his head was poised gracefully, and his ears were perked up in defiance of the cold air gripping every limb of his body. Still, he remained where he was, acting as if he was a glistening ice sculpture caught in this land of snow and ice. "Ah, Arietta. That is a nice name," he stated simply, pausing before he revealed his name to this she-wolf. "My name would be Theo."

(( OOC: I'm also sorry about the wait. ;w; I've been having finals week, and I just got on Christmas break. ))

Speech,