ardent

Taking on a New Land

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Along the dunes a form could be seen moving. The movement was slow and steady, each hot step was taken with care. The from was Isabella who's foxy coat almost blended in with the sands here and there. The she wolf was thankful her coat was mostly light, most of the heat reflected off of her and she was not yet panting. She was in this land for one reason, to push herself. The islands did not offer her much of a challenge and after she reached the island. A den was easy to find and there were plenty of slow, fat preythigns to eat.

So, after wandering Isabella found her way to this hot and empty land the likes of which she had never seen. "The cliffs, the forests, the rivers, the cold empty north. I have seen all of them, but I have never seen a land such as you. If I have adapted to survive them I can do the same here. I must, I am strong, I will be strong, if I fall and die than it is only because I am weak and undeserving." She said softly to herself as she walked to keep her moral up.

The heat was slowly but surly taking its tole on her, both from above and below. She was used to the hot sands of a beach on a hot day but this was stronger, hotter, and here there was no relief of the Ocean. It was a relief she longed to feel, not only to cool her feet but sooth her mind. There was no Ocean here though, there wasn't even water. Even so, that did not mean there was not life. Isabella soon learned that as a side winder emerged from the sand, no doubt curious as to what was walking atop it.

Even though she had never seen a sidewinder before she knew how dangerous snakes could be and took a few slow and easy steps back. With her icy blue eyes on the creature she watched it dig back under the sand and move away. "If they can live here, I can as well." She thought moving on, walking just to walk. All of her stubbornness came back to bite her though as she found herself exposed during high noon. The heat was too much for her, she was forced to put her pride aside.

Looking for something, anything to shade her she moved to a dune and tired to stand against its side. Standing soon gave way to siting and siting to laying as the sun moved across the sky and shade started to emerge. The proud she wolf still held her head up as she lay down with her ears high atop her head. No matter how dominant she looked, he needed water at some point, or food, and had no idea of how to get it. "If I am here, maybe there are others. I must put myself at the mercy of strangers and hope I do not regret my decision." Her thoughts were calm and full of logic. Lifting her head to the sky she let out an emotionless and chilling howl in hopes to get some attention.

Dawn

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2013, 04:39 PM

The tall golden woman was enjoying these western lands, they were quite unique to anything she had seen. Here she had come to the place called the Barren Dunes, where there was nothing but a desert for miles. It was nothing for her, for she knew the way out if she were unable to handle the dying heat of the day. A quavering howl, full of distress, met her tall auds. Picking up her broad paws, the dancer bounded over the hot sand dunes in the direction the call had come from. She caught sight of a fox like creature, and slowly approached. Against the sand, she was invisible for all but her thick silver bangle and grass green eyes. Her mezzo soprano voice slid from between her ebony lips as she came up behind the creature, which she soon deduced to be a wolf, a she wolf. "Is something wrong?" She asked the stranger, moving to the smaller dame's face and lowering her less than delicate cranium to the reclining fae's level. Grass green eyes, the pupils ringed with gold, stared into ice toned optics curiously. An abnormally long banner swung a few times in a friendly manner, brushing against the sand below, much to the willowy golden femme's dismay. She awaited a reply calmly, in case the smaller wolf would take her appearance before her wrongly and become aggressive.

Speech, Thought, Others,

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Isabella turned her head as she caught the scent of another she-wolf coming toward her her. So there were others in this endless sand, or at lest this one was here at the moment which was all she needed. At first she did not see the other woman, all she saw was a silver banal and lovely green eyes. Though the eyes were not just green there was gold to them as well. Slowly, her own eyes adjusted to the form of a wolf the color of sand.

Right away Isabella sized the stranger up taking in her size, scent, gate and body language. Though she would not show it, Isabella was tense and ready to fight if need be, even in this awful heat. Though it was clear enough she would not have to, the other woman lowed her head down to her own level, something a threat would not do and she gave a few wags of her long tail. So the stranger would not see her as weak Isabella stood, even if she was small this was better than laying down and looking smaller.

Though she had no wish to insult the stranger, Isabella kept her ears up high, though her tail was even with her body. She knew her own words often came of as harsh and she did not want to seem that way to a wolf who wanted to help. Then again she had no intention of being open, she had done that too much in her past and it did not end well. She dipped her head in answer to the question. "Yes, I do not know where I am or how to survive in this land. I though I could learn and strengthen myself here but it seems I am wrong. How does one live in this land? I have seen snakes so there must be a way. Is there food or water somewhere?" Her words were emotionless but her eyes deceived how thankful she was to find someone who wanted to help.

Dawn

gems
size
build
player
12-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Music Plays Everywhere I Go...

But I dance to the beat of my own drum baby

The stranger stood, sizing up the giantess and watching her warily with icy blue optics. Raising her cranium, she stood at her full height and smiled down upon the dame. She seemed like she wanted to be dominant, like she wanted to be tougher than the dancer. It failed to intimidate the larger woman, but she showed no reaction in those dual toned pools. A string of words fell from the dame's maw, a few questions coming to the willowy dame's audits. "It takes quite a bit of knowledge to survive out here, and since you seem to be having difficulties here it would be safer if you left this place. Food and water can be found anywhere else, but here it is much too hard. Come, let's leave." She told the stranger calmly, mezzo soprano vocals calm as she gestured for the stranger to follow her out of the desert lands. "I'm Dawn by the way." She added, looking over her shoulder as she floated over the sands in the shadows created by the growing twilight.

"Speech"

Will you dance with me tonight?DAWN

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
12-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Isabella nodded as the female spoke of knowledge to survive in the strange land but paused as she suggested leaving. The stranger gave no challenge to her and did not call her weak in any way for not knowing the land but Isabella felt it. Her pride made her want to stay but her mind knew she would die out here. "Indeed it would be safer, but I doubt it would make me any stronger than I am now. I wish to train here, grow stronger in this sand without Ocean. Perhaps you could teach me of the ways to find what is needed to live. Or at least tell me how you know the way out of this strange place."

Her words were confident and those that would demand attention but they were not pushy, she simply sought the knowledge to better herself. As curious about the land as she was, she had no intention of pushing her luck and moved next to the larger female, watching the shadows lengthen. "At least if I know the way out, I can come back again and leave before this happens." Her thoughts told her so she would not feel completely reluctant to leave. Her ears turned as the female introduced herself. "Greetings Dawn, I am Isabella." She decided not to give her surname as Dawn did not and she always saw it fit to greet others in the way they greeted her. "It is nice to have meet you here, someone willing to help rather than cause more trouble." She said in a subtle thanks. Though not willing to say thank you, she did want to show appreciation.

Dawn

gems
size
build
player
12-02-2013, 09:09 PM

The dame's voice filled her tall golden audits, and the giantess turned her less than delicate cranium to gaze down at the stranger. Her reply came smoothly, calmly, in mezzo soprano vocals that flowed from between formidable pearl razors and ebony lips. "If you want to train, first figure out where the hell you are. Always seems like the smart move, but maybe that's just me." She said sarcastically, smiling and chuckling. She meant no offense, at all, she was simply being herself. "I could teach you, if you want." She mused, shrugging. Ebony claws left fissures in the sand as it shifted underfoot, the prints trailing behind her steadily being blown away by the breeze that was growing in the dropping temperatures. "Well, once we get out of here, I can give you the ways in and out." She murmured, almost to herself. A thick silver bangle upon her front wrist occasionally struck the bones in her knuckles, but she didn't feel that anymore, she had been wearing the garment too long.

An introduction met her auds as well, and the dancer dipped her cranium respectfully in reply. "It's a pleasure to meet you Isabella." She murmured, looking over her shoulder at the she wolf who closely resembled a fox. Then once more came the femme's vocals, and she did not reply, since she did not know how to respond to such words. She continued padding along, and in the distance she could see the plains of the Western lands, which was a welcome sight. She was starting to get bored of this place, it was so barren and lacking in everything but sand.

and this is how you hold a conversation

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Isabella didn't flinch at the words but did feel offended and angry at first until Dawn laughed. Though the sarcasm was lost on her, the smile and chuckle was not. "If I were truly strong, I could enter an unknown land and do well. I could find I all need without figuring out where I was." Her calm voice hid her hurt pride and her belief that she was growing weak, though a question bothered her and she didn't mind asking. "Just where am I, what is this place? I have never seen such a thing." She said as she pawed a bit at the sand before walking on.

The offer to teach was one she would not pass up, though it felt wrong to take it without giving anything in return. "Thank you, I would like to learn and could perhaps teach you something in return. I am a skilled tracker and could perhaps help you in some way if you need help." The offer was a humble one, so much so she dipped her head as she spoke. Swishing her tail behind her once idly as she walked she felt eager to get her paws off of this heat and on to something cool. She hoped the exit of this land wasn't too far off, and she wondered how she had manged to go in that far in the first place.

Dawn

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2013, 07:37 PM

The dame's vocals came to her tall auds, words that spoke of low self esteem and even hatred for herself buried deep in the fox like she wolf's heart. "Not even the Gods and Goddess' are that strong, Isabella." She murmured, smiling over her shoulder at the petite she wolf. A question came soon after, and the dancer was obliged to answer. "These are the Barren Dunes of Alacritis. Not many stay here long, since it's so, well, barren." She said with a chuckle, her mezzo soprano voice calm and light in the ever darkening land. Soon after she spoke came a reply to her offer, the maiden was trying to make the benefits of teaching her mutual. A grin played at the woman's less than delicate features as she let her voice once more fall from her ebony lips. "I would love that, I'll have to let you know when I can put that to good use." She responded, her grin still gracing her beautiful face. Soon the relief of grass on her hot pads came, and she sighed. Padding a few more feet, she plopped down on the grass, laying her head on her paws. "Before I show you the way to survive in these lands, I believe we should rest for a bit and maybe find something to eat." She murmured, sighing contentedly. She preferred grass over sand and water, it was so much nicer and softer on her paws. The willowy damsel's stomach let out a loud growl, and a giggle bubbled up from the she wolf's chest and through her lips. "Scratch that, we should definitely find some food." She yipped, lifting her tiara to gaze about in search of something to eat that wouldn't put up a fight. The carcass of a doe, who must have been unable to regain strength lost within the desert, lay a few metres away. Gesturing to the dead beast with her head, the larger woman posed an inquiry for the stranger. "Shall we?"

Speech,

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
12-04-2013, 05:40 PM
As Dawn spoke Isabella gave her all her attention. A small faint smile came to her, it was not every day a wolf saw her real emotions and it was even rarer that one cared so much. "I suppose not, perhaps I rushed into this." Her head almost tilted at the name. "A fitting name, I have never seen a land so empty. Yet there is still life here, amazing." Dawn smiled so much it was clear enough the female was not only a kind wolf but a happy one, and thankfully a wolf to take time out of her day and help others. Hoping there was more in this land of Alacritis like her Isabella's tail wagged once then stopped. Dipping her head happily as the woman accepted her offer she thought over what she could teach her. Deciding on a few key tracking skills she went over how to teach them as she felt the grass under her paws.

Giving a soft sigh of relief she paused, watching Dawn lay down and rest. Sitting back on her haunches another small grin came to her. "I have never been this happy to see or feel grass." Her voice was a little softer this time, though still not trusting she was getting to like Dawn and saw her as a possible friend. Her ears were up as she sat, moving to catch any sounds should a foe come upon them while they were resting. It was unlikely in a place like this but she did not want to let down her guard. Catching the larger female's words an timely growl of her stomach she nodded.

Looking where Dawn did she nodded. "Yes, we shall give this creature a way to live beyond death by living within us. I am just glad that was not me." She said standing and moving over to the doe at a moderate pace. She paused at the carcass and lowered her head, thanking the beast for its life.That done she tore into the front leg, her pearl white fangs stained red. Though Dawn did not make the kill she still found it so Isabella left the best parts, the hindquarters, open for her.

Dawn

gems
size
build
player
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM

The dame admitted to a mild error in judgement, but the golden dancer didn't draw any more attention to it. A comment on the title given to the desert lands was uttered, and the giantess dipped her head in mute agreement. In her peripheral vision she saw a tiny wag of the smaller she wolf's tail, and the relief on her face as she stepped onto the cool grass. The fox like fae sat down upon the soft green, her voice reaching dark gold audits. She seemed to be on guard, like someone would leap upon and attack her at any second. Didn't she know that not all wolves were like that? Except males, they could not be trusted, not until you were positive about them being kind hearted. Isabella agreed with her previous statement, and the pair moved over to the carcass and began devouring it. The ice eyed woman left the haunches for her, and Dawn gladly enjoyed them, sating the growling in her stomach.

Eventually all that was left was gristle and broken, scratched up bones. The damsel was content, and padded a few paces away to rest. She sighed, looking up at the ever brightening stars. "That was a nice meal, don't you think?" She murmured, her dual toned optics glittering with the reflected light of the pinpricks in the blanket of the darkening sky above her head.

Speech, Thought, Others,

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
12-06-2013, 03:07 PM
The meal was a filling one, and Isabella was more than happy to feast on deer. It was not every day she had the rich meal, it was hard for her to take down a large animal by herself. She ate enough to keep her fit and full for a few days. Once there was nothing left she quickly got to cleaning her fur. Her legs and chest were a bit bloody and were taken are of by licking. Her maw was another matter, that was taken care of with the aid of the grass. Clean, happy and no longer smelling of blood she looked to Dawn and nodded.

"Yes, it is not every day I get to eat something that large. A nice change and so welcome on this day. Perhaps the Gods and Goddess are smiling upon us." A small smile was with her as she noticed Dawn's eyes. Looking up she saw the stars were emerging. From behind her she felt a wind cold enough to chill bone. Confused she tilted her head before realizing how, in her own mind, foolish she looked and stood normally again. "That cold. Does it come from a place that was so hot in the heat of the sun?"

Dawn

gems
size
build
player
12-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Music Plays Everywhere I Go...

But I dance to the beat of my own drum baby

The resting dame heard the voice of her companion comment on her earlier statement, purely an agreement to what she had said, touching slightly on religion held within the heart of the fox like she wolf. The golden dancer responded, acknowledging the woman's comment with a small nod and a smile. Her gaze was riveted upon the stars, their pale, shining beauty. An inquiry met her tall light brown audits, and the giantess mulled over a logical response. "I guess so, now that night is cooling down the dirt, the heat is moving deeper into the sand." She replied, unaware of the lack of sense made in her words. She always had a manner of speaking about things like that which sometimes other's did not understand completely. It was simply because her brain worked a little differently, she wasn't mentally disabled, she simply had a different view of the world. Her muscles were beginning to cease their aching, her strength returning after consuming the lovely meal. Standing once more, she cast a last look at the beautiful stars, and approached her companion. "Shall we get to our lesson?" She asked, not meaning offence in her wording, simply stating the time to follow as what it would be, her teaching the smaller woman the ways to survive and live in the desert. She waited calmly, patiently, for a reply.

"Speech"

Will you dance with me tonight?DAWN

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
12-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Isabella let her tail wag a little as Dawn gave her a smile and a nod. The golden giantess was kind and seemed to have a good heart. She found herself hoping the woman was showing Isabella her real self and not a lie as many others had shown her. She let those emotion filled thoughts go to the back of her mind as her question was answers. Nodding thoughtfully she spoke. "I see, that does make seance. What a place it is, not as amazing as the Ocean of course but a place that has my respect none-the-less."

Standing as Dawn did she nodded to the question. "Yes, I am ready to learn all you have to teach me. Then perhaps I can venture back into the dunes another day, so long as I know about them and respect them I may be able to find some food." It was perhaps too much of an answer for her. Friendship and trust were not things she wanted to give away again, but perhaps she could still let herself feel comradery with another. Or at the very least a mutual respect.