Heights Unknown

Aeron

gems
size
Medium
build
player
11-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:Once the storm had passed, he would continue his aimless journey. Northern lands were where he was most comfortable, and where he knew that Silana was nearest. Never would he travel too far too quickly, for he always wanted his sister to be able to find him by scent, and he her. The storm he had run into alongside Ardhel had thrown his navigation off a bit, but he would not say that he was completely lost only because he had no destination in mind. When he walked, he could walk for hours, days, without caring where he ended up. A wanderer without a care nor cause, only the occasional worry that his sister was lost and wondering whether he should turn back and find her.

The boy would stop when he reached the falls, falls that he had seen before, were normally nothing to spectacle, but today? The waterfall was frozen solid. The lake that it supported below was as well. Breaking through the foliage to see it, he would gaze at it somewhat nonchalant, before stepping closer and onto the ice. When there was no sign of cracking present, he would take another step, and then another, until he was standing carefully just beneath the frozen falls. His breath came out in cold puffs, his eyes wide at the sight. Snow and ice had always been the closest to captivating him, and this brought with it a memory of a girl from his past - Seraphine, was she still alive? She was family, wasn't she? Where had she gone...

With a sigh he would turn back around, he had enough of this wonder to drink in with his eyes. Yet a single misstep would leave him frozen in place - the tiniest of cracking noise beneath his front paws. He would have to be cautious if he didn't want to get stuck under the ice.

Avery

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I guess that I forgot I had a choice

I let you push me post the breaking point

After leaving the odd crowd, Avery had wandered far and wide. During her time in Alacritis she had grown a lot. Although she was still incredibly small, she had a bit of muscle on her bones. Not having been taught to hunt, Avery had to make do with any berries or plants she could find, resutling in her skinniness. With winter rolling in she had to collect as many berries and herbs as she could. Foraging was just what Avery was doing now. In her jaws she had a twig with deep red berries dangling off the stalks. They weren't very healthy looking, but they were the best the fea could find. The little wolf was enticed by the strong smell of cow parsley. It was quite a common herb, but it has many look-a-likes that are deadly. Avery had learned over the weeks of foraging the difference between the two. After following for a little while, Avery found a large patch of the stuff. Luckily, it was the real thing. Avery started nipping at the shoots, collecting the old plants at their base. She had to do this to make room for new shoots to grow. Pleased at her now bountiful collection of food, Avery trotted on in the dense folliage until she found a clearing. A frozen river ran from the centre outwards. At the top of the tallest mountain the little pup had seen, was a waterfall. Now, Avery had seen waterfalls before, but not one like this. This one was frozen solid! The pup stared wide eyed at the wonder and was so mesmerized that she failed to spot the other form standing on the river before her. Only noticing him when he moved backwards, she stiffled a gasp. Instead, she took a step forwards, out of the underbrush and layed down her herbs. Hello?

I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything"Avery"