no crime of passion is worth the crime of fashion

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
10-15-2013, 11:50 PM

'This is Vi, one of my many members.'

His words echoed in her mind as she paced slowly in the middle grounds between the boarder where Taurig and she had met their newest member and her fallen tree where she and Zara were now living. She had left soon after Taurig's arrival, giving him a wide eyed stare as she walked before him to leave that she hoped gave him the message that she wanted to speak with him. Yes she had been debating asking Taurig for a rank but this was completely out of the blue and had struck her quite suddenly. Though the temptress had done a good job of keeping that sly smile in place when he had dropped the bomb for the sake of sparing their possible new member the sight of Vi letting her emotions take over. And two big emotions had clashed together, one had been anger, wanting to drag Taurig off by his ear and yell at him. The other just as strong being happiness and the desire to cover him in excited kisses. So she had left to let them speak and to sort through her own emotions. Well... She had gotten her wish to be a part of the pack, she could be thankful at least that she and Taurig was on a similar page. But now they had to talk details... So she would slow her pacing and turn to wait to see if Taurig had gotten the hint. Unlike the first time they had met she eventually folded her haunches beneath her and sat, head lowered slightly in a submissive pose. She respected him enough to show him as much.

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
10-16-2013, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 06:54 PM by Taurig.)

Vi was good. Really good. She had been able to mask her surprise from their newest member, but hadn't missed the chance to let him know that she wanted to talk about his sudden acceptance of her into the pack. It had been quite some time coming. Despite not appearing to be much of a team player, the russet woman had been doing quite a lot with helping him greet rogues at their border. She didn't have to do anything though; she was something of a guest in Tortuga since the King was allowing her to remain in the area. She wasn't causing any trouble, something which he was thankful for, but he was even more grateful that she willing to lend a helping paw.

So once he had gotten their newest member settled, he had set out in search of the russet woman, finding her rather quickly since she hadn't strayed far from the border. He would find her seated, demeanor rather submissive but respectful all the same. Taurig would approach the woman, leaving about a foot of distance between them as he seated himself before her, clearing his throat to catch her attention. What's on your mind Vi? He usually didn't talk to others using nicknames, but he felt that he was past the point of formalities with her.

Talk like this

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
10-17-2013, 04:30 AM

Vi had always had a love hate relationship with others, knowing that she needed them but at the same time preferring to watch her own back. She hated taking the good with the bad when it came to pack life but as with everything else in life it turned out that Vi was quite good at pretending to be a team player while managing to not be. The duties she had placed upon herself recently such as greeting rouges and patrolling boards were simple, easy and didn't require her to interact with anyone other then Taurig. Well she could interact with Newt theoretically but she knew that Zara and her were on the rocks and she didn't know where that placed her in the behemoths mind. She could tell a white lie and say she had nothing to do with Zara but in the end she would always be blood and Vi would happily lay down her life for family. So what was the point in lying to get a momentary gain when it was just as likely to come back and bite her in the ass later? It was why she didn't like wolves outside of her family, she was good at manipulating and making people feel comfortable around her but to be completely honest with someone she barely knew was beyond her skills still. So in a pack like old Tortuga where lying and manipulation got you everywhere she had fit in perfectly but in Taurig'a new Tortuga she avoided her pack mates so she didn't put herself in that situation. She wasn't used to trusting others and having others trust her, to have a complete stranger look up to her simply because she was part of this pack was almost terrifying.

She waited patiently, though after a short while her muscles began to flex and relax out of habit, toes clenching and scraping at the dirt. The red wench had never been patient but though she was beginning to fidget her gaze simply stayed fixated on the ground with slack features other then the softest of smiles. Her head snapped up, quickly enough that bones cracked in protest, as someone cleared their throat and wide eyes fixated on Taurig as he approached. Rolling her neck she chuckled as he came to seat himself before her and address her so casually. So differently then the first time they had met. She took note of the fact he was calling her Vi and a sly smile slithered across her features, should she call him Taur? Naw not yet... She's let him warm up to her further before she began to jest with him. "Well I couldn't help but noticed you calling me 'one of your many pack members' back there and was kinda wondering what you were up too..." She said, not bothering to beat around the bush, if nothing else she was good at getting to the truth out quite quickly and not wasting time. Some like that trait about her and others hated it but she found that it left them less time to ask more mundane questions possibly about herself or her life.

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
10-19-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 02:16 PM by Taurig.)

Well I couldn't help but noticed you calling me 'one of your many pack members' back there and was kinda wondering what you were up too... In typical Vi fashion, the russet woman would get straight to the point of their little chit-chat. As expected, she was curious as to why had referred to her as one of his pack members when he hadn't officially accepted her into the pack. A smirk touched the corner's of his dark lips, amusement shinning in his ice blue eyes. She thought he was up to something. If wanting her to be part of the pack was being up to something, then she was spot on.

What do you consider being up to something? Because I don't think I am. I've just been thinking. You technically weren't part of the pack, but I was allowing your to live here because it was your home, but you've been helping me out. I didn't ask you to and you had no obligation to do so, but you have anyways and I really appreciate that. So I wanted to allow you to become part of Tortuga as my way of showing my appreciating for all your help. Unless you don't want to be in the pack? One eyebrow would raise questioningly, the smirk still playing along the edges of his jaws.

Talk like this

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
10-20-2013, 05:03 AM

At least he wasn't a compete stick in the mud like she had originally thought he had been. He even smiled as she spoke, the smallest of smirks touching his lips and amusement evident in his gaze which only made her grin widen. He was a good guy, at least in this context while his words slid from hhis mouth and slowly stroked at her ego. If nothing else he knew how to make a girl blush. A bit of the slyness slipped away from her features to a more earnest smile. She had been helping out so she wouldn't get booted for being a lazy bitch who just hunted their game and did nothing else. Well other then causing a bit of mischief here and there but that probably didn't help her case in the long run anyways... But a least Taur had noticed the good things she had been doing and really that was all she was trying to accomplish.

So he was offering to let her join? Her head would crank hard to the left as she turned her gaze to the sky thoughtfully. "To be honest greeting new members and patrolling the boarders is what I used to do, kind of hard to kick the habit... Plus it looks like you could use the help," she said with a soft chuckle and a wink, still trying to play it cool. She wasn't and she was incinuating this his beta was useless, not once had Vi seen her greet a new member or patrol the boarders. Not that she would come right out and say that so bluntly. "And to be completely honest I've always hated change but recently... I dunno I kind of like this new pack your creating, and now I have two sisters here and your aligned with the 3 packs where my other siblings are... Oh yes I have a huge immediate family..." She paused, still smiling at him easily, enjoying his company for once. He was big but he wasn't so giant that it made her feel uneasy like Newt did.

"Okay yeah you caught me, I kinda want to be a part of the pack again..." She said with an exastrabated sigh as if she was doing him some great favor by agreeing to this, though from her smile it was easy to tell she was joking. But then she sighed and returned to a serious expression, head tipped and eyes calm. "What duties would you like to give to me? I will do whatever you please, though if I might make a request I would very much like to continue patrolling the boarders and meeting the new members... If you gave me a high enough rank I wouldn't have to keep dragging you to the boarders to meet them either," even thiugh she threw in an easy wink at the end her words were completely serious. She wanted her rank of beta back but she wanted Taurig to reach that decision on his own and if she had to work day in an day out for it she would. She didn't feel quite as strongly towards Taurig yet as she had towards Nnoitra or Morphine but he seemed like a competent leader and someone she felt like she could follow. She wasn't a leader, the woman may be stubborn and opinionated but she was a born follower. Her thirst for power would never bring her past the position of beta...