ardent

New pack?

Morgana

gems
size
build
player
10-04-2013, 11:52 AM
QUOTE (Creedance @ Oct 4 2013, 09:30 AM)
I like the idea of bands, maybe with a controlled amount of members.

On the note of rouges-

We seem to have this notion that all of our rouges are in good health. Generally rouges don't do good on their own. I think we should have some kind of event that pushes our wolves into packs, but also, we should have maybe one or two slots per person for a constant rouge?

I think bands would be an interesting idea to explore. With just one wolf leading them, though not a whole ranking system. Maybe a limit of 5-6 wolves per band, so that, we can have constant challenges etc for band members? (Though at that point with so many challenges, you'd probably have to train more judges, so they wouldn't get over-whelmed) OR implement a dice rolls system for band challenges. IE if you roll two dice, with a computer generator, and get 6+ the challenger wins, and if the 6- the original alpha wins. (Something like that).

I also think that if we considered bands, we should have a post count rule. To prevent people from making a wolf just to have a band, but rather develop the band. Perhaps each wolf joining the band gives X number of gems to the band's leader? (A reasonable number, of course). To kind of keep the competition going?

Idek, that maybe making it way to complicated, but if we just bring in another pack to think that'll fix the problems it's only going to cause more.

I don't like the idea of forcing all rouges into packs. Uhm, personally, I'd be irked. IE- Creedance, c'mon, who in their right minds thinks he'd do well in a pack? Perhaps if he was leading it (and leading them all to hell) but, yeah, I'm all for making rouges more limited, but I would say negative to eliminating them. (in case anyone was thinking about that.)

Pack Challenges-

As to what Muse touched on, the two biggest packs here are never challenged for, perhaps we should encourage the challenges for ALL the packs, not just the small ones? Mouser also pointed out that it's because of the stability, which I also agree with, though personally, I think it would really shake some things up if they were challenged for. *shrugs* Glaciem went from the snow wolves, to a near brothel with one pimp. (No offense Isar <3)

But we also face this drama fit every time someone challenges for a pack so if we just bring in another, we're just going have that issue on yet another pack. So I think that maybe one thing that makes some hesitant to challenge, I mean, who wants to challenge only to get a hissy fit thrown if they win?? (Idk how you would even solve that, other than telling peoples to STFU)

Summary-

I'm finding myself more on the negative end of just holding audits and votes for another pack. I think it'd be more fair if a member actually worked up to the 400-500 post requirement and their wolf developed. (YAY CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT)
We have a lot of people just make characters for slots, rather than developing their current ones, which causes activity issues. I think another pack, given like that would hurt Alacritis rather than benefit.

I agree with the challenging drama, if It was every two weeks I can see why the one leading it currently would cause it. But it happens, it's suppose to, it's how things change and develop to have your throne ripped out from under you. I mean hell, it's gonna happen sooner or later.

But being new as I am (not even been here for a week) when ever the topic 'I'm gonna challenge for this pack' a butt of drama starts up that isn't need or wanted; it's off putting. I want to still challenge for a pack with Morgana but with the drama feast it is making me hesitate to be completely honest. It's not worth the drama or stress.

Honestly I think this is a big deal of bringing Icc into Occ when it should not happen what so ever.

Karmen

gems
size
build
player
10-04-2013, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 12:12 PM by Karmen.)
I'm not really sure if this is an issue of rogues or what but ~

I do not think we need another pack. It seems super pointless and will be redundant if that is how you solve the issue of rouges.

If the issue is too many rogues, you ban them. Simple as that.
OR
Expand the claiming power of tier I and II wolves. Just because a character does not "fit" in any of the packs is not an excuse to make another pack to cater to their needs. Expand tier I's and II's power to a few territories, not just the battlelands. Besides, that should be incentive to create icc drama. Characters should be limber, flexible to plot changes because that's just life - you can't control what job hires you or whether or not you'll be accepted into the college of your dreams HELL your parents might ship you off to a same-sex boarding school. It would suck, but that's just life.

It's bad enough that I don't see pack activity like it should be. Where are the organized hunts? Or medic training? I feel like ALL packs should do more PO posts and really focus on icc tasks and whatnot, because - personally - it feels super scattered. The war between Valhalla and Glaciem is literally the only think I can think of that involves the whole pack as a unit and really gets everybody involved. I think we neglect the pack territories we already have established, and creating a new pack is just not that answer.

Oh, and I think bands are too complicated. Rogues can travel together, but you really don't need a title on it.

Arayne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
10-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Having another pack sounds like a good idea to me, but I also sort of the like the idea of having Rogues join a pack or face a penalty at some point should there ever be too many. It shouldn't be something as dire as UR CHAR STARVES TO DEATH because that would suck. I don't know many Rpers who are okay with their character just randomly dying. Likewise, people could have their characters just join a pack during the winter and then leave in the Spring to circumvent it.

Soleil

gems
size
build
player
10-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Just adding a note with whats been suggested -
I really don't like the idea of bands. This isn't a horse rpg and that is what it makes me think of.

Isardis

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
10-18-2013, 04:03 AM
This is old, but I just wanted to say I strongly agree with Pug and all her cleverness. ._.

I say do what she say. Lolol.

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
10-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Please no...

Just, no...

Gideon

gems
size
build
player
10-18-2013, 09:27 AM
dee this discussion was made forever ago--no need for that

secondly, tier i and ii can claim /ANYWHERE/ not just the battlefield and borderlands.