Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-21-2013, 12:45 AM

Training was necessary, especially now that war stared them in the face. Argent held no personal misgivings towards the Valhallans just yet, but she would fight for her King, as she would fight for him until she could no longer breathe. Her only issue was making sure that the Valhallans did not swarm him at the battle; a challenge won was a challenge won, after all. It would not be fair to swarm the victor simply because the defender had been too weak to win, would it? All of this was too much for a pregnant woman to worry over; she would soon become too far along to fight, but for now at least it was near impossible for an untrained eye to determine her state.
Argent was nervous somewhat, in need of assurance that those who would come to the battle field would be ready for it, herself included. Someone came to mind, a certain someone whom she remembered as one of the only men in Glaciem. She let out a howl, calling Taurig to her, even though it was rather late at night. Their first meeting had been during bout of insomnia, and their second as to be in much the same conditions. Argent hoped she hadn?t disturbed him, but part of her was beyond caring. The enemy could be lurking now, after all. Any second would be the start of a war, and she wanted the warriors of Glaciem to live on their toes.

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-21-2013, 01:14 AM

He was uneasy now. So very uneasy. His father would be heading to the battlefield very soon and the prodigy would accompany the pale ghost, if only to guard the safety of his father and king. He had to make sure that if Isardis came out the winner of the battle and claimed the woman as his prize, that no Valhallans would try to attack him out of vengeance. He knew Argent shared his sentiments, but of the two, she was probably the more experienced. Although, the titan had his massive size and brute strength to his advantage, but he didn't mind admitting that he needed a bit more training. He was only two years of age after all, hardly experienced enough. Though that didn't mean he was an amateur by any means. Everyone could use improvement and the young man was no exception.

It was another night, another round of patrolling the borders. It had become a comfortable routine for Taurig, giving him something to do even if it wasn't really much to do with that anyway. It was a night much similar to the first that he had met Argent, and he wasn't surprised when he heard her call summoning him from the heart of Glaciem. Abandoning his patrol, the gargantuan adjusted his course so that he was moving towards her call, his icy gaze dancing through the darkness, seeking out her moonwashed pelt, locking with those familiar ruby eyes. Argent. You summoned me? He already had a vague idea of why she'd called for him, but it didn't hurt to confirm what he was already thinking. He allowed his gaze to wander her silver figure, lingering over the curves of her hips, noting how beautiful her pelt gleamed beneath the moonlight. A frown creased his brow at the thoughts, casting them aside as he gave the overseer his complete attention.

Talk like this

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-21-2013, 01:23 PM

He was swift to answer her, not denying the Overseer his presence. Argent would offer him a tired smile in greeting, wondering if he would be too terribly irritated with her for summoning him this late at night. He didn?t seem to be, which was a good thing. She needed somebody to reassure her, to work out the anxiety that flooded her system. Argent did not delay when she spoke up, did not hide the unease that crept into her posture nor the way she sounded exasperated when she spoke. ?War is coming, and I am worried,? she spoke freely. She did not doubt Isardis?s capabilities, but there was only one of him. He was but one man, and he ruled a currently small pack.
?I?ve done what I can for those less experienced in battle, and I hope you do not take great offense to this, but I want to know how skilled the fighters we do have are,? she said, making her intentions clear. How could she protect a pack if she did not know the strength of her weapons? She knew her own skills to be competent, but she had to know of the others.

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-21-2013, 01:51 PM

It seemed that the two shared a fondness for late night endeavors. The idea brought a ghost of a smile across inky jowls, but it quickly faded into oblivion as he refocused his attention on the overseer before him. There was an air of unease about her and he was pretty sure he knew why, though he made no comment to bring her worries to air. And he didn't have to; she was doing it all on her own. She wasted no time in expressing the troubles that plagued her mind, allowing the intensity of her feelings to shine through, War is coming, and I am worried. And with good reason. Though he didn't doubt that his father wasn't capable enough of handling his own on the battlefield, even the most skilled of warriors fell because of a miscalculation or simply because they weren't meant to be victorious that day. And there was nothing to say that something like that couldn't happen to Isardis.

I?ve done what I can for those less experienced in battle, and I hope you do not take great offense to this, but I want to know how skilled the fighters we do have are. Taurig was not stupid by any means, so he was able to catch on to Argent's true intentions easily enough. She wanted to see how skilled he was. There was no problem with that. He had been wanting to set up a spar with her, possibly get some training from her. And tonight seemed like the perfect opportunity. No offense is taken, you do good in assessing the warriors at your disposal. Simply tell me where we start and I will comply. The organ in his chest began to thump just a little bit faster at the prospect of sparring with the silvery woman. He would get to see her in action whilst testing himself. It was brilliant.

Talk like this

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
09-03-2013, 07:10 PM

A smile would start to tease upon her lips. Argent appreciated loyal members, and Taurig most certainly fell into such a description. He was the sort she wouldn?t mind finding friendship in, and his affirmation of her offer only pleased her further. She certainly hoped her own children with Isardis would be half as respectful. ?First of all, show me your defenses,? she requested, not quite falling into her own just yet, but watching him. Defenses were the base of battle, the foundation of a house. Without them, one was vulnerable. Argent knew many of a great variety, but she wished to see which ones Taurig knew of. Perhaps she could point out an area or two that he was leaving vulnerable.

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
09-12-2013, 12:25 AM

First of all, show me your defenses. A nod would be given to the silver woman as the titan would comply without hesitation. Limbs would all bend slightly, toes evenly spreading out against the earth, talons digging into the soil for better traction. Plume would flag out behind him like a rudder, even with his spine for added balance. Ears would tuck back against his head, icy gems narrowing to slits, frame tensing, shoulders rolling forward to scrunch around his neck for protection, chin tucking back against his chest, jaws slightly agape. All the while his attention would remain on the silver vixen before him, hoping that his defenses were adequate and to her liking. And even if they weren't, he knew she would correct him and show him where he was lacking.

Talk like this