Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:Lightning and thunder crashed above, and Argent found herself resting in a den that was not her own. Well, not that she had her own den anyways, considering that she shared one with Eris. Still, she felt somewhat uncomfortable. What if she was in somebody else?s den? That would be one incredibly awkward encounter, especially considering how the Overseer would have to retain her dominance and yet still be kind about the fact she was invading someone?s hope. And yet, this place didn?t smell used. It had been empty and desolate, and lacking in much bedding. Nonetheless, that didn?t prove without a doubt that it was unused, and sheepishly she would wait to see if she was right or wrong..

Irin

gems
size
build
player
08-15-2013, 08:30 PM

Thunder scared Irin more than she was willing to admit. It had nothing to do with her wild imagination. It was just a pure (and entirely ridiculous) fear that had her fleeing into hiding once the first distant rumble of thunder appeared on the horizon. Her family had laughed at her a bit for that, but it had been a good natured laugh, and since leaving, she had never had to deal with a thunderstorm around other wolves. But this was the first storm that she had faced as a Glaciem member and Irin had been caught far away from her den. She was on the lookout now, seeking a place to hide from the forking lightning that arched across the sky and the noise that made her want to bury her ears beneath her paws and pretend that this wasn't happening.

When she found a den, Irin made a beeline towards it, diving into the space with her little heart thudding wildly in her chest. It was only when she skidded to a stop that her shaking subsided slightly and she realized that she wasn't alone. There was another that had claimed this small den as their own. Oops. Irin cringed back against the wall, pinning her ears flat against her skull as she lowered herself into a more submissive position. "I-I'm sorry," She forced her maw to work, though she let out a started yip when the next crash of thunder echoed in the air, before forcing herself to continue "I didn't realize this den was occupied." Ducking her head slightly, Irin squished back against the wall, hoping desperately that the female wouldn't send her on her way.

She didn't want to go back into the storm. It was terrifying, in a way that the stories Irin wove for herself were not. She knew they were fake, in her own way, but this? This was so much worse because it was scary without Irin imagining anything. She didn't need to picture anything to be scared.

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:It was not long before she found herself in the midst of more company, an ivory-pelted girl who was young, although Argent supposed not much younger than herself. She was only two, although quickly approaching her third year of life. Time flew, she supposed, although she wished it didn?t. She didn?t want to grow old; she wanted to linger in this paradise that was Glaciem, to escape into the bliss that was Isardis?s empire. She seemed nervous, afraid of the same thing that Argent was. ?No, dear, it?s alright. I was just thinking about how nice company would be,? she spoke gently, hoping to seem approachable.

She would shift, allowing the girl room to come into the full shelter of the den. ?Argent Zaldun, Overseer of Glaciem,? she introduced. She would hope the girl would introduce herself, hoping to know more of the members of this steadily growing empire. If she knew them, after all, she could help them with whatever issues they might have.

Irin

gems
size
build
player
08-31-2013, 10:30 PM

you're never safe till you see the dawn,

Irin relaxed only slightly at the kindness in the other's tone. It was hard for her to relax when the rolling thunder made her jolt every few seconds, cringing a little bit further into herself. "Well... I-I mean I can find another den. I'm sure there's another one in the area!" She spoke hastily, hoping that the other wouldn't be angry. She looked familiar, though Irin was a little distracted at the moment, and couldn't put a paw on it.

Instead, she was busy trying not to panic. The thunder kept making her jolt violently, and the female pinned her ears against her skull for a long moment before the other wolfess introduced herself. Argent. The female that Isardis put so much trust in. "I'm Irin. Just a member of the Brood." No one important, not by a long shot. She was happy here, but Irin didn't delude herself. Isardis might have missed her if she left, but that was only because he didn't let anyone leave. Which didn't make much sense, but it made sense to Irin, at least. "It's nice to meet you Argent," Irin forced herself to speak, jumping only a little at the rumbled of thunder that echoed above them.

Oh, why was thunder so scary? It didn't even have anything to do with her overactive imagination, which was a first. Thunder just terrified her. It wasn't even the lightening that she feared, which would have at least made some sense. No, instead it was the thunder that caused no harm that Irin feared.