ardent

wake me up

Kangi

gems
size
build
player
08-14-2013, 09:48 PM

ooc// crappy post, will do better next!!

Dainty paws pressed gently along the rough stone surface, large golden eyes wide and curious as she studied the masonry work beneath her feet. At this point in her life the yearling had experienced most of these lands, having traveled to most of the islands and seen almost all the sights but some things still amazed her. Such as this wall, it reminded her of the last time she had seen her old friend Talon and the barn he had showed her. Had the two leggeds made this as well? Was there nothing that they couldn't do? Well other then survive obviously seeing as they had left all these landmarks and then disappeared and it seemed that there was no where off this land mass other then the islands along the coast. But she had also seen the ship, maybe they had had more and simply sailed off in them. So many possibilities... But for now there was a large mass of stones held together by sticky locking mud and it was intriguing to her. Though it sent her thoughts spiralling back to Talon and from there large ears collapsed against her skull and gaze turned towards the ground as she paused in her walk. She had gone back to his home that he had shown them not too long ago, needing to get her fix of him only to find that he had not been then. She had spoken to no one, had waited at the boarder for a day after howling before continuing on. Talon wouldn't have kept her waiting that long if he had been in ear shot.

The young girl hadn't grown considerably but she had developed quite a bit. Her legs made up most of her small height, body slender and stream lined due to the fact she had to hunt for herself and normally hunted small game. Fur had sleeked out considerably, markings very visible now that she no longer had her puppy coat. She now understood why her mother had given her the name Kangi, she was black like a crow with wing like markings. She still knew a few words of her old language but now English had filled in quite nicely, the most she remembered were the stories her mother used to tell her of the different animals. She remembered her language through them as well as her heritage. It was nice to have a bit of her history left despite loosing it at a young age. But she still wanted someone to share it with, wanted to mix her culture with someone else's as she had done with Prospero. Talon had been her first choice but where he was she didn't know and it almost worried her...

Speech!

Talon I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
08-14-2013, 10:23 PM

Glaciem. This was his new pack -- he had been welcomed here, but had thus far kept entirely to himself. Except for Euphrosyne. His caretaker, his newest friend. How badly he missed his mother and sisters, and Kangi too. But he couldn't have stayed in Seracia, in his empty den, all by himself. It had been too depressing. Here, at least, there was hope. Hope for a better life for himself, without the burden of constantly wondering where his family had gone. He couldn't help but feel guilty, as though he had done something wrong, but at least so far from home, his attention was arrested from such thoughts and he was able to be content, at least for now.

In the last season he had grown a few inches, and Euphrosyne had made sure he'd had plenty to eat. He'd filled out rather nicely, but yet he was still scrawny, still rather small for a yearling -- and here he would stay. Yet he was content with his size, happy to be small and somewhat nimble ... even on just three paws. It matched his timid personality quite well.

Today the small boy was out wandering. He wanted badly to find some small meal to bring back to Euph, for all she had done for him. Perhaps a rabbit or other small rodent? Eager and optimistic, he padded from Glaciem's borders, tail wagging behind him as he sniffed at the wind.

A short walk brought him a scent that was familiar. Not a rabbit, but ... he frowned, nose wrinkling as he sniffed at the air. It couldn't be! Quickly his pace increased, his excitement getting the best of him as he rushed forward; nearly slipping more than once, he nearly sprinted to where the scent came from. How far away he had to travel, he didn't know -- but the sight of Kangi was overwhelming and he began to bark, letting out short calls in rapid succession. Had she missed him? Their last meeting had gone so well, he could only hope she would be just as excited to see him. "Kangi!" He nearly howled, hopping across the plains to her. He hardly noticed the stone structure nearby, despite how strange it was, but only cast it a side-glance. His attention was captured by Kangi and how pretty she looked, even prettier than last time.

Kangi

gems
size
build
player
08-14-2013, 11:37 PM

ooc;; sorry for a bit of pping, tell me if you want to change it!!

She didn't know how long she stood, tail flicking thoughtfully at her heels as she pondered the last few months she had spent traveling. But it seemed like all of a sudden she was snapped from her thoughts, a flurry of barks and yips drawing large golden eyes towards the source of the excitement. Had someone found something exciting? One paw instinctively reached over the other to hop down and go investigate when it dawned on her what exactly was happening. Or at least she half realized... A male was rushing at her at an awkward pace, tail wagging and a huge grin upon his face. She squinted and then all of a sudden it fully hit her who it was. Talon? He was bigger now, but still not huge, her height at least but at least he didn't look as thin anymore. Her grin was growing by the millisecond as he approached and she found herself frozen in place for what felt like forever. At first she felt immobilized but then it seemed that she could no longer contain her excitement. Whole body began to vibrate and shake, the tremble starting at her toes until her whole bod was wiggling with excitement. It was him howling out her name and chasing away the doubts that he might perhaps be a figment of her imagination that finally allowed her to move.

The lithe girl launched herself off the structure, seeming to run in a U shape as her hind legs and body continued to wiggle and not quite work properly. Huge ears were forward and attentive as she rushed at him. "OH MY GOD TALON!!! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I WENT LOOKING FOR YOU, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!" In her excitement she struggled to keep the tone of her voice and cadence normal. Instead she found herself almost shouting and all her words seeming like they strung together. But why did she care, yeah she looked for him, yeah she had missed him but he was here now! Somehow they had found each other again after what felt like forever and he was here! She came to a skidding halt in front of him, still practically vibrating with excitement. She pressed her head between his front legs against his chest before lifting it up and coving first his neck ad then face in exuberant licks. "I missed you soooooo much!!!" she finally said in a more controlled manner, grinning like an idiot and still pressing herself against him and licking him whenever and where ever she could.

Speech!

Talon I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
08-15-2013, 05:54 PM

He approached with little to no hesitance, beaming at Kangi as he watched her leap gracefully from the stone structure to rush toward him. His heart swelled, beating rapidly in his small chest, a mixture of both nervousness and excitement flooding his very being. Why he felt anxious suddenly, he was not entirely sure -- he always wondered if, when they were apart, she might grow sick of him and not want to see him again. He knew he could be shy, and didn't think he was the coolest wolf in the world -- but she still seemed to want to be around him, he noted quickly. Her face was void of anything but pure happiness and joy at seeing him again.

His own ears were perked, his jaws parting in a somewhat silly smile as he found it difficult to contain his own happiness upon seeing her. "I bet I missed you more!" He exclaimed, suddenly feeling very bad for having left without trying to tell her where he was going.
"I'm so sorry I left," he murmured softly, feeling heat rush to his face as she pressed her head into his chest and began to lather him in kisses. He was only beginning to get used to such affection from Euphrosyne, his caretaker -- he wondered if he was too old for such a thing, and remembered Kangi had been living on her on for along time -- but he felt so different when Kangi licked his face all over. It wasn't motherly, but... something else. He giggled softly, wondering if he would get used to such affection. As much as he enjoyed it, it might him feel bashful and unsure, but he stood before her and accepted it happily. All he could manage to do in return was press his nose into her cheek, before pulling back abruptly.

"I really missed you too. I'm so sorry I left... I don't know where my mom and sisters went, I think they left to live without me and ... I was so sad staying at home. I came with my friend up here. She's looking after me!" The prospect of his two best friends meeting was very exciting, and his tail began to wag dramatically behind him, his body moving with it, swaying back and forth.

Kangi

gems
size
build
player
08-17-2013, 11:48 PM

She felt her heart could burst with happiness, that feeling seeping from her very pores as she did all she could to not launch herself at him and flatten them both to the ground. Yeah she was happy to see him but she defiantly didn't want to hurt him, she would never forgive herself if she did. Thankfully she managed to skid to a halt in front of him and they collided in a way that left both of them on their paws and still balanced. He was just as excited as she was, his tail waving behind him and she took note of the equally large grin plastered across his face. So he had missed her too?!?! Something about that realization made her excitement grow if that was even possible. When she had gone to Seracia only to find him gone she had been worried, concerned that he had been hurt and then also scared that he might be either ignoring her or had left with the purpose or ignoring her. But no, neither seemed to be true from the way that he greeted her.

He had missed her more? She highly doubted that but she didn't argue, suddenly finding a lump building in the back of her throat as she pushed herself into his chest lovingly. His apology was what pushed her over the edge, that lump growing until it was hard for her to breath, the burning in the back of her eyes until finally one tear after another slipped out. She didn't understand these feelings, couldn't comprehend these feelings or pinpoint if she was sad or happy. "I don't care, I'm just so glad you found me again..." she murmured back, continuing to nestle into his chest and licking his neck and cheeks every chance she got. When he pulled back she already missed being close to him but she lifted one paw at a time and wiped the tears from her eyes and cheeks. She was still smiling but she was so happy she felt like everything was overflowing, like crying was the only way she could release some of that emotion.

She didn't stop smiling the entire time he spoke, blinking back tears and tail waving exuberantly behind her. She was shaking her head even as he spoke, trying to brush off his words. "I'm sorry your mom and sisters are gone, did you king know anything about it? And who's your friend?" Her voice was hesitant almost, a feeling she couldn't describe but she would later pinpoint as jealousy began to rise within her. He had gone off with someone else and left without saying goodbye? But she didn't speak these insecurities, not yet. Although upon further inspection she realized that he was carrying a different scent. Not like her, she knew what a rouge smelt like, but like another pack. "Did you join a new pack?" She tried to sound cheerful about the question but there were some insecurities there. What if his new alpha wouldn't let her see him anymore?

Speech!

Talon I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
08-19-2013, 12:38 PM

Even if he had tried to hide his overwhelming joy, it would be near impossible; he grinned from ear to ear at seeing her again. Still her affection made his face feel warm and his skin tingle, but in a good way, even if it made him feel slightly unsure. He really had missed her terribly, and had felt bad leaving Seracia if only because of her... but he couldn't stay there any longer. The lingering scent of his mother and sisters had been too sad for the sensitive boy to handle, and he knew he was much better off here. He was planning on asking Euphrosyne to help him find Kangi soon, anyway; but this was even better!

"W-why are you crying?" he asked, upon seeing tears begin to well in her eyes and spill down her cheeks. She was supposed to be happy, not sad, right? Maybe she was upset he hadn't tried harder to find her? His voice wavered a bit as he suddenly grew more unsure of what to do. But instinct took over, and he leaned in to lap at her cheeks, not wanting to see her cry. It made his own heart ache -- he hadn't even know he could have pain so deep in his chest, especially when he wasn't being physically harmed at all. This hurt in a very different and peculiar way, and he wanted to make her feel better so badly. But she smiled in spite of it, and he returned the expression with a warm smile of his own, even though it had faded slightly as he started to see her cry.

"I don't know... my mom had mentioned going to live with a friend. I didn't want to go, but I didn't know she would leave me.." he nearly whimpered at the thought, but didn't want to seem weak. No, not when Kangi was so sad already. "I was so scared and sad. I met a lady named Euphrosyne who helped me look for my family, and I've been living with her since.." Her tone seemed strange, but he ignored it, truly not wanting her to get more upset. "She was part of this pack up north. They are called Glaciem. I haven't met anyone but the Alpha, and of course my friend." Behind him, his tail wagged a bit more slowly than before. Would she maybe want to live with him here? He wanted to ask, but felt too bashful to say anything -- she had lived on her on for a long time, it seemed, and he wasn't sure if she like him enough to spend so much time with him, even if it did seem like she was excited to see him. "Maybe... maybe you could stay for awhile?" He inquired softly, shakily, as he watched her with his soft silver gaze.

Kangi

gems
size
build
player
08-25-2013, 10:27 PM

She half sobbed and half laughed when he asked her why she was crying, shaking her head and trying to figure out what exactly was going on. Normally tears came when there was fear or sorrow she found, but she had never cried when she was happy or excited before, this was completely new and foreign to the girl. "I... I don't know! I'm just so happy!' Another half sob came out and then suddenly he leaned forward, tongue darting out to clean the tears from her face. She stiffened, oddly startled by the movement but slowly the tension fled her body and a soft smile spread across her features. If she could have she would have been blushing right there. It was an oddly tender gesture, Prospero had done it before for her when he had found her crying at night over her mother but it hadn't stirred up feelings like this within her. Suddenly she felt like her heart was racing, her skin was on fire and she couldn't quite breath. And then he pulled back and continued speaking, she was slightly more in control now, the stinging in the backs of her eyes dying down although the heat in her face was still present.

She reached out and slid her nose along his muzzle, licking his cheek before pulling away as he spoke about his mother. He didn't need her in his life, not if she could just pack up and leave him like that. She wasn't worth his sorrow. Not that she would ever say that to him out loud... "Maybe she'll come back some day. At least you made a friend to help you out," she said gently, less hostility in her words this time. Yes she wasn't impressed with this new friend of his but the female had taken care of him in his time of need and she was thankful for that if nothing else. Euphrosyne? Strange name, Kangi's jaw and tongue worked to silently mouth the name but couldn't seem to make it move properly to pronounce it like Talon did. Maybe she would shorten it when they met if they did ever actually meet. But for now she wouldn't attempt to repeat it and end up butchering the name.

Glaciem hey? Pack life had never really appealed much to the young girl, something in the back of her mind made her slightly wary of them. Though she had never experienced a pack until she had bounded through Talon's home in Seracia. Was his new home as relaxed? And then his question hit her, soft and shaky but powerful none the less. She blinked a few times, momentarily stunned before she lowered her haunches to the ground and cast her gaze to the sky thoughtfully. Did she want to be part of the pack? Of any pack for that matter? "I want to stay with you Talon but I don't know about a pack..." she said hesitantly, chewing the inside of her cheek thoughtfully as she stared at the sky. What did she want? She wanted Talon, she didn't want to be apart from him anymore but could she commit to a pack? "Tell me about this pack. Is it as nice as you described Seracia? What is its king like?" She asked, looking back at him curiously. Ever since he had said that a king ruled Seracia she just assumed that every pack had a king.

"Has the great wide world never called to you? The life of a rouge? Its not as bad as most probably think, I could hunt for both of us if you wanted to try it out?" Questions questions, so many questions it seemed. But she was honestly curious. Was he interested in joining her in her adventures? She could hunt well enough to feed the two of them but she wasn't completely dismissing his request to join him. She just wanted to be with him...

Speech!

Talon I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
08-27-2013, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 01:53 PM by Talon I.)

So many emotions flooded the yearling's body. Quite literally, too; he felt his limbs quivering ever so slightly and his heart pounding inside his chest as he pulled himself close to Kangi as she began to cry. He wasn't quite sure whether he was happy or sad or a strange mixture of the two, but he was too concerned with making sure Kangi stopped crying to worry about his own emotions. "I'm happy, too," he nearly whimpered, continuing to lap somewhat frantically at her cheeks, as though the tears would never stop unless he helped rid her cheeks of them. She seemed to freeze, almost like she was going to back away, but instead leaned into him. Perhaps she liked the affection? He knew he did, though it felt strange too, and made him shiver and laugh nervously.

She returned the affectionate gesture, leaning over to lick his cheek in return. He smiled, finding it hard to keep what felt like a silly grin from taking over his features. "Maybe some day," he said, his voice small and unsure. He doubted that they would return, and he wasn't sure he would be overjoyed if they did, now that he had resigned to them abandoning him for good. 'At least you made a friend to help you out,' she said, and he nodded agreement. "Yeah," he said eagerly, tail waving behind him. He didn't catch that she might be unsure of Euphrosyne; he was too caught up in being excited to see her to really notice these subtle cues. "You need to meet her. You'll like her," he assured her quickly, leaning to place another kiss on her cheek. But this time he felt even more bashful about it, and pulled away, ducking his head down to stare quietly at his forepaws for a moment.

However, she did not seem excited about the idea of staying in a pack. He wasn't sure if he'd meant permanently, or just for a visit. "Oh..." he said softly, resignedly. A quiet sigh left his lips and his eyes welled with tears of confusion. Maybe she was a little upset that he'd just left without finding her? He really hoped not. "I don't know much about it. The leader... King.. is a little tough, but he seems okay. Treats Euphrosyne well." He didn't want to mention that he hadn't felt particularly liked by him. "I know he will like you." How could he not? She was so pretty!

Then she asked him something that truly confounded him. He had never considered being a rogue .. not at all. "I never thought of that," he said softly, feeling like he was suddenly torn between Kangi and Euphrosyne; even if she hadn't meant to pose the question in such a way. A soft whine escaped his throat, despite his efforts to stifle the noise. "I don't know... I like being in a pack. I don't feel so afraid when I'm surrounded by others. I spent weeks alone, and it made me too sad..." He sighed, not sure what she was getting at. He didn't want to leave Kangi alone, but he'd already committed to living with Euphrosyne, and he did like her... she'd helped him greatly over the last season, from hunting to simply getting over the loss of his parents.

Kangi

gems
size
build
player
10-16-2013, 06:45 AM

ooc;; sorry for bailing in this thread, hope you don't mind me restarting it since our new thread is taking fricken forever D:

She giggled softly as he continued to lap at her eyes, ridding her features of any hint of sorrow. She was glad to hear that he was happy as well, it made her tears slow and a happy smile return to her face as she began to get her emotions under control. Even though talking about his family was disheartening some small part of her was glad she didn't have to share him, she could handle his new friend if she had to... She would because she wanted Talon to be happy and even though she was jealous she would reign that emotion in. It was what was best for him after all. Her tail waved slightly, brushing at the ground as he told her that she would have to come meet her sometime. "I'd like that..." She said softly, leaning toward to nuzzle happily into his neck, takin a moment to inhale his scent. It had been so long since they had seen each other it felt like her heart was breaking and bursting at the same time. She just wanted to stay there forever but she knew it wouldn't happen, not with his friend waiting for him in his new pack...

A single word dropped from his lips and his eyes began to glisten with unsure tears and immediately she wanted nothing more then to take back what she had said. "No no no! I mean..." She really didn't know what she meant and all she could do was fold her large ears to her skull and whine hoping he might understand her turmoil. If she could she would never be without him, she would never leave him but the thought of a pack was frightening. She had grown a bit more accustomed to Seracia because it was Talons home and he had spoken highly of the king there but this was a new pack, new to him even... His words didn't make her feel any better, a king who was tough? He treated his friend well but what about Talon? The king would like her? She shifted a bit uncomfortably and looked at her paws. She had to ask him. "How does he treat you?" Her words were soft and a bit uncertain, she didn't care how this king treated the rest of the pack of Talon's friend. If he didn't treat Talom well then how could Kangi possibly like him?

He'd never thought of being a rouge? She had to admit it wasn't the best life, since Prosperoms disappearance she had been quite lonely but for her pack life had never really been something she had considered an option. He whined an immediately her ears folded back again, she didn't want to cause him distress! "It's okay if you don't want to! I'll always come visit when I can!" Her tone was hurried, trying to reassure him before he made any sudden decisions that might make him regret everything later and end up making him dislike her. She never wanted to put him in that spot. As he spoke again she understood and a knowing smile crossed her lips as her head tipped. "I would never what you to feel alone... Stay with your pack. I understand," she said as she leaned forward to once again nuzzle his ruff tenderly before placing a gentle lick on his cheek. She had never been in a pack, had never really had a family or really more then one person in her life at a time so she didn't quite understand the need to be around a group but if that was what he needed then she wasn't going to press him. "Where is your new pack? If I'm going to visit I'll have to know where to find you!" It was time to change the subject, she knew that now...

Speech!

Talon I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-16-2013, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 08:41 AM by Talon I.)

He was simply beside himself with joy. Talon truly did not feel like anything special; he only had a few vague memories of being cared for by his mother, and his father was all but gone from his memory, however hard he tried to not forget him. Euphrosyne had been kind to him, but even she seemed to have affection for another -- for Isardis, in particular. It wasn't jealousy that welled up inside him, but he did feel inadequate. And so the fact that Kangi had sought him out again had fueled a bit of confidence in the awkward, lanky boy, and made his eyes brim with happy tears despite the fact that he had just licked away Kangi's own tears.

Her scent was intoxicating and he realized then that he wanted more of it. He was confused, but knew he wanted more of her... her company, her gentle kisses and nuzzles. It made him embarrassed as he suddenly realized the kind of feeling he was experiencing was something he had never really felt before. Quietly, for a long moment, he buried his nose into her neck and inhaled the sweet aroma as though it were air itself, and he needed it to live; his tail shifted to tuck between his legs, not out of shame, but praying she didn't notice how happy he really was. It was new to him and he felt heat rush to his cheeks and found his body quivering slightly, nervous and confused.

"He treats me okay," he said softly, shifting to try to find her gaze. He wasn't the nicest man in the world -- certainly not as kind as the King of Seracia that he remembered seeing and speaking a few times -- but he was okay. If he told Kangi the truth, that he was a bit mean and seemed to think he was a freak, he was certain she wouldn't want to stay. But winter was coming in a few months, and it wouldn't be safe for them to live alone! Or so he thought. "I don't see him much, to be honest. He's very nice to the girls..." And Kangi would be no exception, he figured. He hadn't quite caught on to the fact that Isardis treated women more like possessions; it all seemed fine to him, and everyone seemed quite content to lavish in his attention.

'I would never want you to feel alone... stay with your pack.' "But.." Ugh, why was this so hard? A whine left his own lips, and he embraced her again, wanting more. "It is to the west of here. I can show you, but you probably shouldn't come with me into the pack territory..." The last thing he wanted to deal with was Isardis today. "I understand if you don't want to stay, but will you spend tonight with me at least?" It was a desperate plea at best, and his eyes were wide with uncertainty as he waited for her reaction.

Kangi

gems
size
build
player
10-20-2013, 06:45 AM

She didn't know Talon didn't feel special, if he had said such a thing out loud there would have been a good chance she would have hit him on the head. To her he was nothing but special, he was everything to her and if someone else didn't see that then she really couldn't understand it's the girl had never really understood that him having three legs was a disability, that it made him a cripple. To this day no one had yet sat her down and told her that her way of thinking was wrong, little did she know she would find all of this out from Isardis. All she knew in life that two of the most important people to her had only three legs and if it was a disability then damn that just made them all the more amazing. She noticed the wetness in his eyes but tears didn't spill over the brims the way her's had. She could only hope that they were happy tears like hers had been and that there was no sorrow eating at his heart. She had had enough sadness in her life and it was evident Talon had too, she didn't want her presence made him sad, she only wanted him to be happy...

He embraced her back, mirroring her motions by burrying his face in her thick ruff and also inhaling. She enjoyed the feel of his breath on her skin, the warmth of him against her. She didn't want to let him go, didn't want him to ever let to of her but as with all their meeting she knew it would come to an end all to quickly, all too soon. They would enjoy each others company until one or the other had to leave and then they would part ways. Kangi only ever walked until she was hidden from view and then normally stopped to watch his retreating form. She didn't want to ever have to do that again, but his words about this alpha made her uneasy and as he pulled back to find her gaze she let her yellow eyes lock into his as if searching for the truth. He wasn't as exuberant or happy about this king as he had been with the one back in Seracia. Was he unhappy?

He was very nice to the girls? Kangi was still young and inexperienced enough not to quite understand what that meant, even less so then Talon probably did. At least he had seen it in action, seen his friend catch the kings eye and such but for a girl who's only experience with men was with her adoptive father and Talon this was all completely above her head. She didn't question it though, simply smiling softly at the comment. Maybe it meant that this king would be nice enough to simply let her visit Talon whenever she wanted? One could hope... Her words seemed to had a less then desired effect on Talon, a single word dropping from his lips before it was cut off with a whine. Had she said something to upset him? She opened her mouth to apologize but before she could say anything he leaned forward to once more embrace her and all thoughts fled from her mind. She arched her neck around his and squeezed as well, more then happy for the contact.

West? But he didn't want her to go into the pack lands, she could understand as much and nodded into his neck to show her understanding. "As long as I know where to find you I'll be happy enough..." She said, swallowing past the sudden lump in her throat and squeezing him tighter before releasing him from her embrace feather begrudgingly. His next question almost came as a shock and left the young girl blinking at him for a moment. It took her a moment to regain her bearings before hopping to her feet as if she had been shocked back to life. Tail began wagging low and fast at her heels as her body began to wiggle again. "Of course!! If you don't want me in the pack lands then my home is pretty close and your welcome to sleep over! I can catch us bunnies!!!" Now her mind was racing as she thought of hunting for Talon and eatig together and having someone to curl up with and sleep beside tonight. He really wanted to stay the night with her?

Speech!

Talon I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-21-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013, 09:48 AM by Talon I.)

They had been discussing whether or not Kangi would join him here, but she seemed slightly put off by the idea. Wanted to know if he'd ever considered living as a rogue. He'd been alone for a few weeks, though hidden in his family's den in Seracia, and he had hated it. Though he knew it would be different with Kangi, as she wouldn't leave him, but it still brought uncertainty and confusion to mind. So he was grateful when they both avoided the elephant in the room, content to lather one another with affection like nothing he had ever experienced. A smile was plastered on his features, an expression that seemed as though it might very well never fade.

He really didn't want to talk about Isardis. It was painful for him to think about being treated like he was a lowly thing, a freak -- and he wanted her to stay so badly that he would try to push it all aside. So he let out a soft exhalation of air, instead of further pushing the topic, and basked in her warmth. She was so cute ... he felt his heart pounding wildly in his chest as she pressed into him, and he silently prayed she might not feel it and think he was strange for getting so excited and nervous at the same time.

She became quickly excited by his question, and his expression grew wider. She wanted to spend tonight with him? Hopefully nobody would notice he was not in the pack lands, but he found it hard to believe anyone other than Euphrosyne might notice him missing at all. "I don't know if you are allowed in without meeting Isardis," he admitted somewhat sheepishly. "But we can hang out around here?" He suggested, eyes wide and hopefully as they watched her own pretty gaze. "Anyway, I don't want anyone else meeting you yet ... I want you all to myself today. You're too cute to share." He was just joking, and he giggled softly, feeling the heat rush to his face again. Hopefully he hadn't been too forward..

Kangi

gems
size
build
player
11-06-2013, 01:51 AM

She had missed him so much... Whenever they parted ways it always felt like there was a hole left in her chest, some part of her that Talon took with him whenever he left. She knew it was mostly her fault, she was being the difficult one here. It was stupid of her to ask him to give up his life in the pack to live alone as a rouge and she couldn't even give a good excuse as to why she didn't want to go live with him in a pack. It was just some feeling in her gut that told her that she shouldn't. But if it was good enough for Talon then why wasn't it good enough for her? She didn't understand it, didn't understand herself... But more then anything she didn't understand this. Everything she was feeling right now, everything she always felt when she was around Talon. Why couldn't she just toss that gut feeling that warned her away from the pack aside when the feelings she had for Talon were so much stronger? Maybe it was just something she would never understand...

She didn't notice her racing heart, she could barely hear anything over the sound of her own heart beat in her ears. A mixture of excitement and nervousness washed over her at the thought of spending the night with him. What if they spent more time together and he decided that she was weird or not worth his time? It wasn't the first time those insecurities had risen to the surface but today they remained just below, shoved down by the excitement that pushed a sudden dose of adrenaline through her veins. She was once more practically vibrating with excitement, and maybe thats why she didn't take much not to him telling her that she shouldn't be in the packlands. "Yeah! I'll catch us some bunnies to eat!" She was excited now, wanting to show him that she could take care of herself and him if needed. Though she wasn't knowingly pushing the idea of him becoming a rouge with her somewhere in her subconscious she still was.

She was about to say something more when his next words came out and she paused for a moment in her wiggling and simply stared. He didn't want to share her? A slow, sheepish smile slid across her features and she cast a bashful gaze to the ground... "I don't want to share you either..." She said softly, her words barely audible as she shuffled her forepaws, a now huge smile spreading over her features though she tried to hide it now. A giggle bubbled up her throat before she bit her lip to cut it off. Why was she suddenly so shy? She didn't know but she shook herself and tried to control the emotions of joy suddenly running through her. She hopped joyfully to his side and bumped her shoulder to his lightly. "Come on, my little home away from home is only a little ways away...." She said, eager to show him her home. She had made it under a large tree that was half fallen on the other side of the wall. There was a break in the wall not far from where they were that they could cross without having to hop and then a short walk from there was her tree and den that lay underneath it's tangle of roots. She gave a motion of her head for him to follow before starting off, staying close but slightly ahead to lead the way.

ooc;; feel free to have them end up at the tree in your post <3

Speech!

Talon I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
11-06-2013, 06:57 PM

Last time they had met, he had been so excited and overwhelmed. And now he felt strangely nervous; still his heart was pounding wildly in his chest, and he felt the heat rushing constantly to his face. It was silly to think that he felt shy and bashful around her, since he'd never really felt like that before, but he couldn't help the way he felt. Talon was simply so happy she was here again, even if she wasn't going to stay for long. For now he would push those solemn thoughts from his mind and live solely in the present, something he had been trying to do lately to stay sane. Forget the past and not look forward to the future too much, in case things didn't go his way.

Kangi announced she would catch them bunnies. "I'll help you," he exclaimed with a smile. What fun! They could hunt and eat dinner together and spend all night talking and cuddling. The thought made him blush again, and his tail continued wagging wildly behind him. She would invite him to follow her and with very little hesitation he would follow her. She trailed along the wall until they came to a break in it, and they crossed through it to her den, a hole beneath the roots of a massive tree. "This is awesome," he noted with a wide grin, leaning over to lap her face happily.