alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 12:07 PM
OOC: if you?re not okay with this pp just let me know and I will edit? <3
Quote:Part of her felt uncomfortable here, but it was only due to her unfamiliarity with the lands. Argent had grown vulnerable in her days of emaciation, and she did not trust these lands yet. She trusted Isardis, loved him, and yet she could not help but feel uncertain here. Exploring helped; knowing the outs and ins of the lands made her feel more confident, and so every day she would take a walk. It helped her eroded muscles, bringing them back to life as she exercised and ate properly. Nonetheless, she was still far from the perfect shape. She was on the road to recovery, a fact that relieved her considering the high position her master had been generous to grant her, but not quite fast enough.
Today she found herself looking upon another woman, wondering how she ought to approach. She came with caution, attempting to be as friendly as possible. ?I?d make a generic ass comment about the weather, but we both know it?s a bullshit ice breaker,? she spoke amicably, a good introduction to Argent Zaldun if there ever was one. ?Argent Zaldun, Overseer of Glaciem,? she said in a friendly tone, wondering if this woman would appreciate the way the Overseer spoke and behaved. Tough shit if she didn?t like it.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 12:16 PM

The small fea had grown comfortable in the forest, taking in stride the tall pines that surrounded her new home, and the dense protection that if offered from the elements, the home of Glaciem was pleasant. Standing, in the small clearing, thinking about the herbs that lay before her, she slightly startled when a voice spoke behind her. Turning her small framed head, a smile visbible on her maw, she would let out a warm chuckle.

"It is nice to meet you, Argent Zaldum, I am Eris, a healer of Glaciem, mayhaps the only one I'm not exactly sure if I am still alone in my craft here." Her words would be warm, welcoming to the other woman, as she took in her silvery appearance. She was a beauty, though a little low on weight for Eris's taste, but with good meals that she'd get in the pack-lands, she'd fill out again nicely.

"Come, sit with me if you like. I'd enjoy taking the time to get to know you, Argent." Shortening the other fea's name, she would turn away from her herbs welcoming the break of conversation, wondering who this new wolf was and what story she would bring.

speech here

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:The woman seemed gentle enough, a proper bitch if there ever was one, a woman who was worth Argent?s time. It was relaxing, to not have come across a stuck up woman, or one convinced that she was dominant and supreme. She hoped that they could strike up an acquaintanceship at the very least; being so new into the pack, she didn?t know anyone. Getting to know Eris would be a good first step into integrating herself, and an even greater step into fulfilling her role as Overseer. ?It would seem that we are both the first and onlys,? she said, a fact which they could bond over.
She did indeed come and sit, feeling somewhat awkward and uncertain. Argent was used to quick anger, to a biting tongue, to either saying much in an angry tone or speaking not at all in a reverent way. ?Have you been here long?? she would inquire, wondering exactly how long Isardis had held the reigns of Glaciem. She didn?t think it had been long, thus her earlier comment, but she could have been deceived. ?I have only arrived a few days ago, as you can see,? she noted, for obviously she would not seem so disheveled if she had lived for long in a pack run by Isardis. The man looked after his women, and he wouldn?t have let her fall to such a state if she?d stayed underneath his consistent care.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 12:41 PM

'It would seem we are both the first and onlys'.

The other dame's words rang true, cracking a warm smile again on her jaws. "Ah," her soft tones would caress the air, "but a burden it can be, and an honor, to be the only ones." Golden orbs twinkled in soft amusement, as she spoke. Though she knew, should there ever be injury or a lot of whelping, she would welcome the second set of paws, she also liked the oddity of being the only healer in the growing pack.

She thought for a moment, contemplating the dames other question, before answering it. "I joined Glaciem, under Eos's rule, and when our king took over, I pledged myself to his, so I guess you could say I've been here since the beginning of his reign." She mused aloud, and nodded in agreement at the fea's other words, "Welcome to Glaciem, my friend." She would welcome her, with a kind smile, and a gentle wag of her her tail, before she opened her jaws to broach a new question, "Did you know, Isardis before joining?" Her tone was lightly curious, though she was warming up to Argent fast. She seemed the capable wolf, the kind that Eris preferred when it came to gracing her company.

speech here

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:Everyone had a role in a pack, even the prisoners, and when one was the only one to suit that role they became ever the more important. Argent was already starting to value Eris, and perhaps she would put in a good word for her with Isardis about her, although maybe he already knew all of these things himself. ?I am sure there will be help coming for both of us,? she chuckled. If there was one thing to be known about the Glaciem Alpha, it was that he would quickly expand his pack. She would help him, of course, as a good servant ought to.
Eris?s story received her full attention; she was a carry over, and yet she was not upset. She seemed the sort of girl to roll with the punches, an easy going lass that the silver knight could respect. ?Thank you,? she said cordially in response to her greeting, and then the question came. Her next inquiry did not catch Argent off guard so much; it was an honest question to ask a woman such as herself, who had come in scraggly and malnourished and yet had been given such an important rank. ?I met Isardis a while ago. I was outnumbered by an enemy, and he found me. I guess he saw something in me, because the next thing I knew we were slaying them together,? she spoke, a nostalgic tone in her voice and the slightest of smiles upon her lips.
?I served him as a knight for a while, and then we were separated. I never thought I would see him again but?? she said, and perhaps the smile on her face gave away the true depth of her affection for the albino man who had once saved her life. Argent was an open book when she wanted to be, after all, and in this situation there was no harm in being so open.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 01:06 PM

Healing was an art, that Eris adored, after being the cast out for so long in her life, instead of retaliating with weak anger, she came back at those who had done her wrong with incredible gentleness, an unspeakable strength. Even when she had lain, beside her still-born pups, abandoned by their father who thought she would be "better off", yes even then, she had found strength in her tears, and in the soul that would never allow her to act maliciously against another. She would welcome the paws of another healer, and found truth in Argents words, nodding her head in aggreement, she would speak, "Yes, I see that the kingdom is rapidly expanding, and though the help I will welcome, I must admit, I'll miss the novelty of being the only one." Her speech would end with a gentle wink, in the other lasses direction.

Her ear would flick, taking in her response to her greeting, "You're welcome.", she would murmur before growing quiet again to listen to her story. Her heart went out to the other wolf, and she felt a sense of pride in Isardis, for helping her, though she did not miss the glow in her eyes, as she spoke of him. Do she love him? Perhaps more than she should? She wondered to herself, fearing for the other dames heart.

"I'm glad Isardis helped you, and that you found him again. You seem like a capable warrior, Argent, I can see what Isardis saw in you. He has interesting ways, but he is a capable king, and a king who takes care of his people, you could do far worse." She meant her words, and though they ended in a chuckle, as she spoke of Isardis's interesting ways, she truly meant what she said about her king, he had her approval, which wasn't always the most easy thing to come by.

Speech,

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:Ah, being the only one. Argent had never thought of being such a thing for long, and she had never truly wanted it. Being the only one was such a burden, and although for now she would happily be the only Overseer, she would welcome the day when more help came. ?Ah, but you?ll always have the novelty of being the first,? she told the other woman, a statement that may or may not be comforting. She would pause then, letting out a thick, sickly sounding cough from her lungs. Her health was far from the greatest at the moment, and she feared that she was starting to fall ill.
Eris spoke of Isardis, words that Argent already knew about him. ?He is certainly a man worth following,? she said simply. Some might disagree, what with the way he treated women like objects, but he took care of them, looked after them, protected him. From the outside it might seem terrible, but from within? It was a safe place, where anyone should be privileged to find themselves. ?I used to be a capable warrior. In my search for my King, I believe that I neglected myself a bit too much,? she said sadly, for once upon a time she had been a glorious-framed woman.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 01:30 PM

"Novelty or not, I have a job to do." She said warmly, a frown crossing her muzzle when the dame coughed. She glanced around, seeing little to treat the cough, and let out a sigh. "I am going to assume you haven't had time to sort out a den for yourself?" She inquired gently, taking in the fea's ragged appearance. Yes, she would have to get her better. Standing, the little woman, looked around the pair hoping that she had missed an herb, but the only ones there weren't good for what she needed.

They would have to go back to her den, unless Argent had her own, then Eris would treat her in whichever, the other dame preferred. "Trust me, with a little care, you'll be as capable as you once were, perhaps more. You just need a little down time." She offered with a warm smile.

Speech...

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:Immediately the healer seemed to take notice of Argent?s cough, springing into the appropriate action. She took note of this, supposing she might learn something. She was a knight through and through, but knowing how to heal never hurt anyone, especially not when it would save Eris?s precious time if ever there were a true emergency. Nonetheless, her assumption was true. Argent had yet to choose a den for herself, although she had found several suitable places to rest. She simply hadn?t felt comfortable enough in them. ?I haven?t had time,? she said, which was also the truth. She?d been devoted to putting on weight and muscle and trying to settle into her duties, meanwhile running her health thin.
Eris?s suggestion made her chuckle. ?I am not a woman who can take much downtime,? she said. She hated lying around doing nothing, even if only for a day or two. She wanted to be out and doing things, using her muscles and strength to her benefit and feeling the tangles of sunlight upon her fur.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Her suspicions were quickly confirmed, and she nodded as she listened. "You're welcome to stay in mine until you can find one, and until you're better." The offer was warm, her den was spacious, she didn't that much room though she had chosen it, because of her duty. She wanted a space for injured or sick wolves to rest.

"I know it's hard for a warrior to rest, but you're going to need to do some resting, otherwise, you're likely to fall extremely ill. A few days of rest and some good meals and you'll be back on your feet in no time. I'm sure Isardis would rather you be in tip-top shape, then running yourself into the ground." Her tone would leave little room for argument, even though it was still warm, as she looked at the other she-wolf. Years of experience, had taught the healer one thing, and that was that warriors of any kind hated to be cooped up resting, but she had also learned that if they didn't the illness often got worse. Looking at the younger she-wolf, she felt her heart go out, she really did have a rough go of loner life, but then most did.

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:The offer was generous, and perhaps for now Argent would accept. She wanted to get to know Eris, and she wanted to form bonds within the pack. Sure, respect was earned by being able to assert oneself, but Argent didn?t just want to be respected because she could push her weight around. She wanted it to be known that she cared, that she would look out for the betterment of the pack, and that she wanted to bring the pack together. A united pack, after all, was far stronger than one that was so spread apart. ?I would appreciate that, if it is no trouble to you,? she told the woman, hoping her presence wouldn?t make Eris uncomfortable.
She nodded at the healer?s suggestion. She knew that she ought to take a break, to take it easy whilst she recovered, but it was difficult to do when she needed to fulfill her duties. ?Is this whole den thing just a ploy to get me to behave?? she teased, not seriously thinking of Eris as such a manipulative person. Well, even if she was, it would only have been for Argent?s own health, and she wouldn?t have been mad for that. ?I will try to tone it down, but I want to make my presence known in Glaciem. I want to be useful,? she lamented.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Eris watched as the other fea considered her offer, her tail flicking idly as she waited, already excited at the prospect of company for a little while. When the other woman spoke, she nodded slowly, a warm smile growing on her jaws. "It is absolutely no trouble, and it's what I'm here for, my friend." It was true, she was here to heal wolves, but she was also here to make friends, and make a family. Maybe to have a second chance at the latter?

At Argent's teasing words, she allowed the other fea a conspiratorial wink, before turning away, indicating for Argent to walk with her. She would set her pace slow, waiting on the female to follow, before she would speak. "Does it need to be a ploy?" The words would be teasing, but warm. "Perhaps we can meet some of our pack-mates together? " She would suggest lightly, as she walked. It would be good for her to meet the other pack members, and for each of them to know that she was a healer- or curer, curse it, she'd never remember the different name for her rank here.

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:Friend. She?d never had one of those before, and to hear the words fall from this woman?s lips was a strange thing. Yes, she supposed that they were friends. They were getting along so well, despite the social awkwardness that Argent often found herself afflicted with. She could not remember ever having a friend, however; she remembered having family, and she remembered having Isardis, but between those two time periods it had been vast emptiness.
Ah, the idea of meeting pack members together was a good one. Argent intended to unite the pack, for a single fist was more powerful than five individual fingers, and it would serve Isardis well for them to all be tightly knit. It would take a lot of work, but she had never been the lazy sort of she-wolf. ?I would like that,? she said. ?You know, I?ve never had a friend before,? she admitted, feeling like she could be open with Eris.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Having been considered a omen of "strife", as her name suggested most of her life, truthfully, Eris had, had few friends. One of the few wolves, she had ever let in, that had treated her as if she was special, had broken her heart. A small smile crept to her jaws at the other fea's words, and she paused in her step, turning to face her.

"You have a friend now, Argent. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, all you have to do is call for me and I'll be there." The words would be delivered softly from her lips, though the sincerity rang in her words.

Continuing forward again, she said, in a soft voice, "I've also never had a friend before..." She murmured, she had, had a mate, but no friends. A mentor, but no... friend. No one had ever given the omen of strife a chance, rather they had cast her away, as stain, worthless.

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:The promise that Eris delivered made Argent happy, and she knew not why. It was almost like she?d been missing something, but she?d previously thought herself perfectly content with life. Maybe there was something she was missing in her complete devotion to her King, friendships that would help make her life that much more fulfilling. ?It seems we are firsts for many things,? Argent would comment to her new friend, and wouldn?t it be a grand adventure? ?I will be there when you need me as well, and I will never fail to protect you,? she promised, although she knew very well she would betray her promise if this woman ever broke Isardis?s rules, not that Argent was one to immediately assume that she would.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Gently, she would extend her head, attempting to gently nudge the other fea in a playful manner, gracing it with a teasing wink. Yes, she would enjoy her time with Argent, the other fea was quite intriguing to talk too. "Being the first, in fine company cannot be a horrible thing!" She delcared, a smile wide on her jaws. Argents promise to her, meant a lot, though she knew she'd do whatever she could to make sure no one had to be put in the position to protect her. She just couldn't live with herself if something happened to another who tried to protect her. All the same, Argent's words meant a lot too her, a feeling of warmth spread inside her.

"So enough of the mushy emotional stuff, tell me, what do you think of the lands of Alacritis thus far?"

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:She laughed at Eris?s comment, care free and happy to be amongst someone whom she got along with so easily. Argent was a dominant figure, and Eris did not challenge that, and nor did she roll over in submission. The silver knight also appreciated the other woman?s usefulness, in that her healing craft was rare and useful in a pack set up like Glaciem. The woman?s question made her think. ?I don?t know. The lands seem plentiful, but I have not met any outside of Glaciem,? she admitted. ?What do you think?? she would ask, curious about and valuing what the other woman had to say.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-15-2013, 12:18 AM
the tiny framed fea debated about the varying lands of alacritis that she had seen, each region seemed to offer different aspects, and over all it was an interesting land to explore. depending on where you traveled, the lands had many things to offer every kind of wolves, it was nearly a utopia. "I have found the lands to be very plentiful, enriching, and enticing. Through my travels I've met some interesting wolves, each with their own stories and several from different packs. The whole land seems like it was made perfectly for the packs that inhabit it, but I'll admit it is quite different from the lands that I came from...." Her voice trailed, off, her mind slipping into a distant memory.

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:Argent would listen to the healer, but she would find that she was steadily tiring. Getting healthy was a long process, but a necessary one. She knew Isardis did not appreciate her unhealthy stature, and thus she would make an effort to regain the layers of muscle and health that made her a warrior. ?If you don?t mind, Eris, I would like to rest. It seems that I?m much more tired than I thought,? she yawned, demonstrating her exhaustion. Healing and putting on weight was tiring, especially with the exercises and the duties that she had taken upon herself. Isardis had asked her to take a rank, and she would, just for him. Where would she be without him, after all?

Eris

gems
size
build
player
08-29-2013, 08:40 AM
She was tired? Of course she was! How silly of her. Luckily the pair had arrived at the den she had claimed, directing towards it with her tail, she would speak her voice soft. "Of course! Go and rest Argent. I'll see if I can scare us up supper." With those words, she began backing away slowly, knowing the other woman could follow the scent into her den, assuming she had any kind of nose that is.

(ooc- end this? Or keep going?)