ardent

New home... again

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-09-2013, 06:51 PM
ooc: Currently in the process of being let into valhalla. This will take place after meeting chrysanthe.

A mass of black lay within the tall grass of the plains. A pup, well, not exactly, once the weather changed again she would become a year old. She had just come from talking with Demo and Santhe, becoming a member of the pack known as Valhalla. For some reason she couldn't feel happy about it, sure she was a little, she had a new parent, again, and a new place to call home, again. She just felt a little sad knowing Luce had been the second to abandon her, wasn't there to help her when she had fallen in the river.

The pup sighed heavily, rolling over and onto her side, the half of her body with the burn scars hidden by the grass. Her black pelt absorbed the heat of the sun, eyelids closing, taking in a long deep breath.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Awesome table by Spriggan. <3

Claire

gems
size
build
player
08-12-2013, 02:22 PM

She had taken to wandering Valhalla a little. Enough that she was beginning to learn the lay of the land and explore the surrounding areas a little. Claire didn't leave Valhalla's lands for long, however. She was scared that if she left for too long that when she came back, her family would be gone. That was her truest fear. That she would lose her brothers again and fall into the blank emptiness that was the world without love. She was happy with them. She loved them. And things weren't perfect, but she was truly happy with them.

Claire very nearly stumbled over the tiny figure in the grasses. She recoiled, backing up a few inches as she let her gaze settle on a tiny, black form. A pup. It took Claire a moment longer to notice the massive amounts of scarring, and with an effort, she kept herself from staring, letting her gaze focus on the youngster's eyes, and refusing to let them wander. Are you alone?" Claire asked the youngster gently, examining the pup carefully. The scars seemed to be old, and largely, the pup seemed to be all right.

She felt a flicker of envy deep in her mind. She would have taken better care of her pups if she had any. But Claire had never been one to act adorable and feminine, and that seemed to have put a damper on her ability to find a single male who was even remotely interested in her. Ah well. It wasn't the pup's fault, and Claire certainly wouldn't let it affect how she addressed the youngster.

Speech,

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-12-2013, 10:17 PM

She almost didn't hear it, only when the grass parted just inches form her ears. Seraphine jumped, eyes opening, front limbs pushing the front half of her body up immediately. She turned her head, mismatched gaze falling upon an older wolf, black pelt and different colored eyes like her and Demo, except hers were green and blue. She caught something else too, the lady was staring.

Seraphine pulled away, her head turning also. The lady was staring at her scars... "Are you alone?" She did't answer the wolf right away, just stared off at the new lands she would be calling home... again. "No." She said softly, her head lowering, watching her paw poke at a small bug crawling through the grass.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Claire

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 09:06 PM

Claire examined the pup, ears twitching as she listened to the quiet word that spilled from the young female's maw. "Are you new to Valhalla?" The question fell from her lips before she even had time to think about it, "I've never seen you around here before. But I'm new myself." Shrugging, Claire laid down carefully, settling down in the thick grass that characterized the vast majority of Valhalla's territory. She was loathe to admit it, but she was worried about the youngster, who did in fact look very alone despite her claims to the contrary.

Stretching out lazily, Claire basked for a moment in the sensation of the warm sun beating down on her fur and the slight tickling of the grass against her stomach. "Nice day, huh?" The female spoke absently even was she wriggled a bit, trying to get one itch in particular scratched.

Speech,

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-18-2013, 10:53 PM

She listened silently as the shewolf asked if Seraphine was new to Valhalla, then went on to say how she never seen the pup around here and was new herself. The would look away from the lady as she lay down in the grass near her, her good ear swiveling around at the sound of birds not too far away. The lady said something about it being a nice day. With a soft sigh Seraphine lay back down in the grass, laying her head on her paws. ?It's okay, I wish it was raining though.? She spoke up, shifting her weight and rolling to lay on her side. "My name is Seraphine, me and my new dad just got here. He knows Miss Santhe so she said we could stay here." She told the lady in a bland tone, not very excited about the new change, again.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Claire

gems
size
build
player
08-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Rain? Claire tilted her head slightly, twitching her ears at the thought, "I would think that it's rained a lot in Valhalla recently," Claire observed absently, thinking back to the comments that she had heard during her explorations of her new home about a flood. It seemed that their other Beta, the one other than her Father, had been drowned during this flood. She'd been drowned saving her daughter, if Claire had heard correctly. It was a sad thought, and one that Claire turned her attention away from immediately. She could do nothing to help the female that had been drowned. "But a little bit of rain would be quite nice." Anything to break the stifling heat would be pleasant. Claire's thick fur had insured that she was all but baking as the sun beat down on them.

Seraphine was a pretty name, Claire had to admit. "I am Claire Aobhinne, but you can just call me Claire." The female shrugged slightly, nosing absently at the dirt, "Welcome to Valhalla! Though you don't sound too happy about the move..." She trailed off, letting her voice fade into silence as she waited to see if her guess had been correct. This puppy seemed rather sweet, and Claire felt bad to see her seem so . . . just blank about this. She sounded neither excited nor particularly upset, which was sad, in Claire's eyes. After all, Valhalla would be a wonderful place!

Well, to be fair, Claire was just a little biased on that fact, with her sprawling family that made up a good chunk of the pack.

Speech,

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2013, 12:03 AM

Seraphine's brow would raise when the lady said that it rained a lot in Valhalla recently. That was probably before she had arrived here because it had't rained for a few days for the pup, and the only water she had received was when she almost drowned when looking for her mother Luce and siblings. Even if she wasn't thinking too much about it the thought made a small shiver run across her whole body, ears twitching. The lady's voice broke the girl's thoughts, saying how a little bit of rain would be nice, of course it would. Listening to it beat against the earth, it was comforting for the pup.

"I am Claire Aobhinne, but you can just call me Claire." The pup gave a small nod of her head when the lady introduced herself, looking up at the dark woman, sticking the name to her face so she wouldn't forget when they ran into each other next time. She then welcomed Seraphine and commented on how she didn't sound to happy about moving here. It would make her sigh lightly, laying her head back against the grass, closing her eyes.

"This is the second time I moved..." She spoke softly, eyes slowly opening but focused on her paws. "I lost my mother in a fire and a nice lady found me, she named me Seraphine, but after she had pups they vanished." The girl would sigh heavily, pushing herself up back into a sitting position, her mismatched gaze looking up to the sky. "I heard Demo talking in his sleep after he saved me from drowning, he lost his family too so I wanted to stay with him." Her head would lower, a paw pressing the grass down, a sadness and pain had made its way into her voice by now.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Claire

gems
size
build
player
08-23-2013, 10:16 PM

jealousy, turning saints into the sea; swimming through sick lullabies

Claire listened to the little pup, and found her heart going out to the youngster in that moment. Moving twice might not seem like much to some wolves, but Claire understood what it was like to leave a home behind and find another land, one that would never replace the lands that she had come to love. She had left her home after her parents had been brutally slaughtered to seek out the wolf who had fathered her, and had spent years searching for him. So Claire thought that she understood, at least a little, what this pup was going through. "I've moved around a lot in my life, so I know what it's like to leave your home behind." Claire murmured, almost moving to nuzzle the pup but catching herself just before she did so. As sweet as she was, she was not Claire's daughter. As much as Claire wanted pups, this was not her pup. "I'm sorry to hear that you lost your mother..." Claire trailed off, thinking of her own mother, pinning her ears back for a moment.

And it seemed there was more sadness to this youngster's life. "My parents died when I was younger," Claire muttered, half to herself, "After that, my brothers and I wandered for a very long time before we found our way to Valhalla. Maybe you'll find happiness here, just like we did." Was she happy here? In all honesty, Claire wasn't sure. The weight of her years pressed down on her sometimes, and when she looked at her father, she realized how young he had been when he had his first and only litter compared to her current age, and she realized that pups weren't happening any time soon. But that shouldn't define her happiness. She was content. There. That fit her.

Ears twitching, Claire warded off those thoughts swiftly, "That's very noble of you, Miss Seraphine." Claire nodded, smiling at the young pup as she spoke.

Speech,

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-24-2013, 02:18 PM

Ears would perk up at the lady's voice, mismatched eyes lifting from the ground to look up at her. She told Seraphine that she had moved a lot in her life so she knew what it felt like, even apologizing for her losing her mother. The girl would just give a small nod of her head, gaze drifting away to look up at the sky. Her gaze would remain there when Claire spoke up again, saying how her parents died when she was young, then her and her brothers left and walked a lot when they found Valhalla. She even hoped Seraphine would find happiness here like they did. The pup sighed lightly, rolling over onto her back, forepaws folded against her body. Claire said it was noble of her to want to become Demo's daughter, making her smile a bit. "Claire..." She said the lady's name softly, eyes closing for a moment but when they reopened she looked over at the lady. "Will you be my friend?" Her voice was low but shy, she wanted to have somebody to call a friend since she never really had one. She didn't want to be alone in this place.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Claire

gems
size
build
player
08-26-2013, 01:06 PM

i'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
There was something inhumanly adorable about the way that the pup seemed to test out her name before letting the question fall from her maw. Claire glanced at the pup, a smile crossing her features as her tail began to wag gently against the earth, "Nothing would make me happier, Seraphine. I would love to be your friend." Of course she would! The pup was adorable, and truly seemed to be a good wolf. She was kind despite the many things that she had been through at such a young age. Claire figured that plenty of wolves could learn a lot from this little female, herself included.

Leaning down to examine Seraphine carefully, Claire twitched her tail happily, "Now, the question is, will you be my friend?" Ears twitching, Claire waited for the pup to make a response, grinning at the younger wolfess with a happy look on her features.

Speech,

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-28-2013, 02:07 PM
ooc: Sorry for crappiness. /:

Seraphine grinned as Claire said she would love to be her friend, it made her feel like she knew one more person in this world, that even if she had Demo, she wouldn't feel as lonely. She knew she was limited in this pack, this new home, and since she was still young she wouldn't be able to talk to the man she met before Luce adopted her. The pup rolled over onto her belly when Claire asked if she would be her friend, ears perked up and she would no her head with a smile. "Of course I will!" She barked, stump tail wiggling behind her.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Claire

gems
size
build
player
08-31-2013, 09:34 PM

you've made it through the storm this far, you've done this dear, it won't be hard

The female had to laugh at Seraphine's joyous response, lowering her head down towards the pup's level, "Do you know what this calls for?" She asked playfully, tail wagging as she dipped into a play bow, before reaching out, her muzzle aiming to knock lightly against Seraphine's shoulder. "Tag!" Claire sang out happily, leaping back as she spoke.

The female waited a moment before launching away, though she did not race off at full speed. Instead, Claire intended to move slowly enough that Seraphine would be able to catch her if she ran after Claire. Her tail wagged easily in the air as Claire laughed happily, enjoying the company of this youngster. She reminded Claire of herself as a youngster, in a way, and Claire had to admit that it was nice to not be around her brothers. It was nice to just play around and have some fun.

Speech,