size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-01-2014, 07:48 PM

The displacement had done little to dampen her spirits, though more than ever now she felt as though she were not worthy of a position within Abaven lands. She hadn?t been able to contribute during the flood, and had almost been swept away herself. She was oddly neutral, but was beginning to feel the effects of the dark mood that had fallen over the pack. The loss of one of their own had very much hurt Bass, and she could tell he was beating himself up about the whole ordeal. She just hoped he?d be able to break through and realize that it was not his fault. Terrible things happened, and sometimes things were out of your control.
The girl would be curled on a rather large rocky outcropping, her bright blue and purple eyes looking out over the temporary home. She realized that it was nice enough, but as long as she was close to her siblings it didn?t matter where it was she lived. A sigh would filter through her lips as she put her head on her elegant libs, the light of the setting sun falling on her dark form.

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-02-2014, 04:48 PM

Motif spent her cave-time going over the pack and spending time with Bass and ensuring he did not starve himself to death. It was a slow wait for the storm to end and her chosen hunters went out with her one more time to hunt for the pack, between these larger hunts the pack ate little creatures they could find near by or deep in the caves themselves. Long hours went by that she could not full, with the pack seen to and her brother in need of being left alone. It was during one of these hours that she sought out Rhythm, looking through the crowd for the familiar sight of her own dark coat in her almost twin.

She almost missed the sight of her dark coat on the rocky outcropping above and with a grin the girl moved in that direction and gave the short climb up the firm rocks and to her sisters side. Another day was coming to its end, and Motif saw hints of gold in her sisters coat through the glint of falling sunshine as she settled in beside her with a smile.

"Speech"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-02-2014, 04:55 PM

Not much time would pass before she would hear the familiar steps of her almost twin. Motif?s bright sun lit gaze would find her curled form and with little effort her sister would be by her side. When Motif had called the hunting party together it had done little to boost her confidence in herself, she had not been one of the wolves chosen and she wasn?t sure why. Though she was quite sure had she volunteered Motif would have allowed her to go she still felt as though she?d let the pack down for not being a stronger member. It was painfully obvious how much stronger her sister was than she despite their almost identical heights. Still, she would keep her insecurities to herself and would let a smile appear on her features as Motif made herself comfortable beside her. "Hey, Mo." She?d greet her quietly as her tail thumped against the stone in an jovial rhythm. "How?s cave dwelling been for you?"

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-02-2014, 05:04 PM

Had Motif known the thoughts in Rhythm's head she would have swatted her, she knew her sister was strong but perhaps there was a touch of her need to protect her family mingled in with the decision to not pick Rhythm. Harmony had come, but strictly for the sake of healing, and not to be in the worst of what was out there. Besides, one of the family had to stick by and ensure Bass didn't get himself into trouble well she was gone ? the Twins had agreed on that had they not?

She did end up getting to swat her sister as she called her by the shortest version of her name, only her family had ever used that on her. ?Hey Rhy? she teased in return, ?Turns out its bad for my complexion? she sighed, still teasing as she moved her head to nuzzle her sister. It was good luck that brought her here when the world outside had turned against them, it felt good to know Rhythm was near by.

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Had she known Motif?s motives she might not have felt so bad about the decision, she had indeed watched over Bass?s form. She loved her family more than anything and would have given her life for them, but that didn?t mean she was accomplished or strong or even brave. She didn?t feel like she was any of those things really. Still, she?d keep her thoughts to herself. Maybe she?d prove herself someday. Until then it was no good wallowing in her disgrace.
Much time had passed since she?d called her sister by the short nickname, but she still enjoyed it and the one she received in return. It was like they were young pups once more. She?d continue her teasing words in the answer to the question and Rhythm would smile widely in answer. She would enjoy the sun while it lasted, they hadn?t seen enough of it in the last few weeks. She?d return the affectionate nuzzle, realizing again how much she missed her sister. "When do you think we?ll go back?" She?d ask quietly and curiously. Though she?d not spend much time in the plains or the rapids she was already calling them home.

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-02-2014, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 09:52 PM by Motif I.)

Motif wasn't caught up in the heavy feelings that shrouded the cavern. She was never one for doom and gloom, even in the face of Bass's despair. She was too light hearted, to bright to be caught down in its web. All the same, it gave her a sense of tiredness to feel it about her, and she knew every single wolf here would be far happy when the storm was over and they could return to their lands. She could survey the wolves of Abaven from here, beside her sister on the rock outcropping and she could see why Rhythm had chosen this spot, secluded and watchful and more peaceful then below.

She would catch sight of Rhythm's grin in response to Motif's teasing words, and the brown wolf was grateful for the smile she had managed to tease from the other ? she couldn't have stood it if all her family members where in gloom. Her sisters muzzle would touch against her in a return gesture of affection, and now Motif's tail would also thump lightly against the ground, granting Rhythm's movements an echo as she smiled at her sister. ?Where wholly at mercy to the weather here, and there's no signs of the storm giving up yet? she replied with a sigh, there had been moments of peace out there, but it was clear the storm hadn't cleared out yet.

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-02-2014, 09:31 PM

Though she found herself highly doubting her ability recently she did not find her spirits dampened. It was very much obvious that Rhythm Destruction was not in a fowl or sour mood, it was probably the opposite. Though she enjoyed Abaven?s lands she found it mildly refreshing to live within the bowels of the earth. To spend the days with the bats and enjoy the cool cave air that gently whisked past her fur. Her spirits were not so easily broken.
Rhythm was glad to see that Motif too had not not let the gloom surround her aura, and the two would easily playfully tease each other. She felt as though maybe they had never been separated a year ago at all they fell back into each others lives so easily. She?d hear the gentle thump of her sister?s similarly colored tail, her words allowing no more information than she had been expecting. Whenever the weather settled and the water receded they would gain their home once again. Not anytime sooner than that either. They needed to make sure the lands were safe before they moved everyone again. "I?ll trust your judgement, sister. Still, I know I?m ready to go back. I can?t imagine how the rest of the pack feels. They?d been in Abaven longer than I." She?d try to keep her upbeat smile, but losing your home was hard no matter how high her spirits were.

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-02-2014, 09:59 PM

It was truly nice to be with Rhymn again, her almost twin and a family member she hadn't seen for too long. It was good to know she was here and safe, but more then that Motif found she had missed her company in a way she had not even realised. It was good to have another here that wasn't pushed down with the atmosphere in the cave, and another wolf to stand by when she worried about their brother Bass, now they could worry together rather then alone. She was sure that once they got him back to Abaven lands he could begin to heal properly, it was well he was trapped here that he couldn't get past the loss of his member and the worry over the pack lands and its members, and his concerns of not being worthy of his rule ? false worry, of course, he was more then worthy of his Alpha rank.

Motif too, knew that it was more then the storm to stop that they waited for, but rather its cease would give the land a chance to recover and the waters to recede, but at least then they could go into the outside world with ease, could check on the pack and hunt with better ease. ?No doubt there all getting restless? she sighed with agreement , looking down at the members again before turning her gaze back to her sister. She tried to think of a distraction, something they could do to bring their minds from the storm. ?Have you sparred much?? she asked, curiously.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-03-2014, 01:46 PM

She knew how much she had missed her siblings, almost a year with out them had been difficult. She was late bloomer though, she hadn't been ready to leave her parents as the others were. She had taken the extra Time to spend with them, and though they were sad to see her go as well they'd encouraged her and supported the journey. She would still wonder though, if she really had smelled pregnancy on her mother as she'd left. Her mind would try and stay away from possible thoughts of other siblings, if they did exist it was likely she'd never see them.
Instead she would focus on her litter mates, wanting them to be as happy as they made her. Motifs words would continue to draw her thoughts from their home land. She had to agree with her too, it seemed the whole pack was Becoming as restless as she. She'd nod in agreement, surely the hunt had helped to dissipate some of the excess energy. Still being contain within the caves was difficult. Motif would take their encounter one step further, the question that dripped from her lips rather unexpected. She knew motif was well practiced in the art of the fight. "I haven't. I don't know that I'm very good."
Finally her uncertainties would come to surface through her voice.

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-03-2014, 05:03 PM

The two siblings where somewhat settled on their rock outcropping and Motif's eyes where drawn to their shadows playing against the rough walls in the last dying light of the sun. In their shadows they where the same, their builds close enough that they could not be distinguished in the dark, looming shapes of their bodies and their lighter darker shades gone to the single color, they could be the same wolf, or either of the two shadows that rested side by side.

She would turn her attention back to the real and solid shape of Rhythm to see surprise at her question flicker across her sisters face. Motif smiled, encouragingly, even as the other girl spoke. ?We should play some time, its a good skill to know, and I would feel better if you knew how to protect yourself? she admitted warmly.

"Speech"