Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-26-2014, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 09:39 PM by Dægmar.)
So I've been chatting with Fox, Tea and maybe Laz about getting better at drawing/getting back into drawing. I see a lot of drawing-a-day type challenges and started brainstorming some prompts. It's SUPER UNORGANIZED right now. Not sure when we might be doing it but I thought I'd throw out the prompts I had and see what others thought.

It's wide open, there are a few ala one's but it's mostly drawing over all. You could totally make it an all ala/wolf thing if you wanted though I'm sure. :3

1. Ala Character you're most excited for
2. Thesaurus word of the day
3. Self-portrait
4. Weirdest object in the room you're currently in
5. Favorite animal
6. 20 hands, loose sketches
7. 20 feet, loose sketches
8. 20 human body gesture sketches
9. Favorite animal gesture sketches
10. Find 2-3 objects and make a composition, use dramatic lighting
11. Viking goodness (or perhaps favorite ancient culture, I'm biased :P)
12. Draw your favorite ala landscape (your suggestions from the contest count to)
13. Draw what's out your window, add something interesting
14. Draw interior scene with a character
15. One of your wolves as a human
16. Worms eye view
17. Birds eye view
18. 3 quick action scenes
19. Draw an animal you've never drawn before
20. Favorite TV Show
21. Favorite Movie
22. What you hate drawing the most
23. Pick a color pallete, draw a character in it
24. Favorite comic character
25. 10 different facial expressions
26. Redraw an old picture
27. Something inspired from ancient or medieval art
28. Anatomy (muscles)
29. Anatomy (skeleton)
30. Landscape with character in it
31. Single page comic
32. Favorite Myth
33. Turn on your music player, shuffle it. The title of the first song you get will be your topic
34. A Monster
35. An elderly character

EDIT: Chatting time frames with Den and here are some thoughts. Doing a drawing every single day with peoples busy schedules might get crazy so some other thoughts are a drawing-every-other-day, just on weekends or Den also suggested a drawing a week. Not sure I want it to go on that long but I'm open to the idea. :3

Acadia

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-26-2014, 09:54 PM
As mentioned, Loonsie and I been chatten it up about this (because art yo) and I came up with the genius idea that we could make the deadlines for the arts on Sunday, so you could do one or two arts by then and have them posted by Sunday. We haven't worked out any finer details, but still, feel free to offer other ideas!

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
09-29-2014, 01:49 PM
There's this challenge that Loons has mentioned before that I intend to do. I haven't ever really done inking though so it'll be interesting lol. I'll probably end up doing the every-other-day (he calls it a "half marathon" which seems like a good analogy) because I have a lot going on right now but we'll see!