ardent

Would You Like To Buy Some Girl Scout Cookies?

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-03-2016, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016, 05:54 PM by Hárekr.)

NOW THERE'S GREEN LIGHT IN MY EYES
And my lover on my mind..

Somewhere along the line Hárekr had gotten lost in body and in mind but as the haze cleared he found himself once again in the land of Borealis.  AH!  It was good to be home.  The viking man was slipping through the snow, nostrils flaring, searching for scents when suddenly he hit a pack border…  huh… now when did that get there?  Bi-colored eyes glittered as he sifted through the scents, his senses latching onto the very scent he’d been searching for.  Well, well… so Vereux was in a new pack in the north.  Hárekr’s head tilted to the side and he frowned.  That hurt.  He’d assumed the other man went off on a warrior’s journey not that he’d abandoned Yfir.  Huh… oh well.  If Yfir had neighbors he might as well say hello!

Claws raked absently at the border, pushing snow as he tilted his head back and howled for the wolves they’d be sharing the north with.

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-03-2016, 06:17 PM

Ears perked at the sound of a howl. They'd only been here a short time, and already there had been a couple visitors. The woman abandoned the den site she was building, taking off at a swift trot to the borders. It didn't take her long, and her amber eyes found the form of a male standing at the border. Offering a smile as she stopped at the border, she stood tall as she dipped her head in greeting. "Welcome to Ivalice, stranger. I am Avalon, Chief of these lands. How can I assist you?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Amachi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Arian
05-03-2016, 06:30 PM

With a howl at the border, the woman was on her feet. The large beast making her way over to the call. It was from the neighboring pack, Amachi didn't know much about them. Of course Avalon was there first, which was no surprise. However should the need rise, she would be here for support. Walking next to the lady as she kept her distance from the male across the way. Amachi wouldn't speak a word, perhaps just to be here for dramatic affect. Dipping her head respectfully to the male, she would wait and see what would happen. The gray eyed woman would look at the lightly colored man. Of course it had only been a matter of time for them to come here. They shared a border. It made her uncomfortable, but whatever Avalon thought was right. Being so close to a pack seemed foolish. It seemed better to at least be a land away, but oh well.
""
[Image: 11ludc3.png]

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-03-2016, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016, 06:56 PM by Hárekr.)

Claws continued to press down into the snow, the pressure building and releasing in little waves of crunching sound.  Hárekr couldn’t help himself.  He’d been filled with nervous energy every since he returned to Boreas and his mind seemed to be whirling and twisting and getting away from him more than usual these days.  Thoughts flickering through his vision faster than he could contemplate and for a moment he almost missed the arrival of a lovely woman with amber eyes.  She introduced herself as Avalon, Chief of Ivalice.  The viking dipped his head in greeting, a smile remaining set in place. “I am Hárekr Kaltharsis, Karl of Yfir.  I’ve recently returned home and noticed that you share borders with us so I thought I would say hello.  So hello, or as we oft say, hallo!”  His gaze flickered to the large, oddly marked woman and he dipped his head lightly in greeting.  “And greetings to your lovely companion as well.”  He chuckled before turning to meet the alphess’ gaze. “Though I must confess I do have another reason for calling you here.  You see one of our warriors, Vereux, went missing some time back and I can’t help but notice his scent markings on your border.  I would like to know when he’ll be returning to us.”

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

05-05-2016, 02:22 AM

The man's actions were amusing, and she was only mildly surprised to hear that he was from the neighboring pack. Yfir had a reputation too, and she knew Arian had been afraid of them which was why they had moved from the north. But she was not afraid. She was determined to prove she wasn't a soft leader. She'd grown in her years, her experiences both good and bad guiding her along. After the man introduced himself as Hárekr and offered her a greeting in both the common language and what she assumed was the Viking tongue.

She then heard the approach of another, her head turning slightly to see that Amachi was standing nearby. While she didn't think any trouble would happen with this man, it never hurt to have an extra pair of eyes and ears just in case she missed something. But when he got to the real reason of why he was here, she was not surprised. It was why her friend was so apprehensive about being in the north, and she had potentially placed him right in thepath of the very fear he had. But still, she had promised him she would do all she could to protect him. And as a pack mate, it meant her duty as an alpha to her pack would come into play.
"How long ago did he go missing? And in what way? Surely if he truly wanted to return, he would have done so." She did not believe that Vereux belonged to them anymore, not after the amount of time he'd been gone. Had his pack even gone to look for him? Or did they expect someone else to do the work for them and return him like an item? No. That was not how things worked. Lives were not just items to be tossed and owned. If they really cared that much about a former member, then she would assume they would have gone searching long ago.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Amachi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Arian
05-05-2016, 03:38 PM

Amachi was happy to know she was welcome. Regardless of possible trouble, it's the fact in case something did happen. She and Avalon could over power the male. So far he didn't seem keen on causing trouble he simply asked about Vereux. Her ears flicked a little, Vereux was rather close to Avalon wasn't he? While she didn't know the male personally, it was news to her to know that he used to belong to the neighboring pack. Much less vanish from it. Since she had no say in the matter she would keep her mouth shut. Gray eyes merely looking for any signs of aggression with the male.

Avalon's words were dangerous, but sat true to her philosphy. While Amachi was used to the idea of slaves, Vereux now with them meant that Yfir could not have him. She would put her muscles to use if it be that they would be attacked for him. Amachi had all the faith in Avalon as well in case that a challenge for him came along. Amachi flicked her tail a little bit, watching the exchange carefully.
""

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-05-2016, 08:07 PM

Hárekr’s eyes gazed intently at Avalon, taking in every twitch every shift as he awaited her answer.  Avalon would answer his question with more questions but then in her final statement she gave him the answer he’d come looking for.  If Vereux was alive, and as evidenced by his scent upon the border he was, had he desired to return he would have done so by now.  He hadn’t.  Hárekr felt he could safely conclude that Vereux had abandoned Yfir for this new pack but what he didn’t know was why.  Would the why matter to Katja?  He could sense the underlying tension in this meeting and decided not to press.  “Ah… I see.  Well, that is indeed a shame.  If you see him perhaps you could send him our way, I believe Katja would like to have a few words with him.  Good day ladies and welcome to the north!” He winked as he bowed quaintly before turning back into the lands of Yfir.  Ears flicking back lightly as he walked.

-exit-

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

05-07-2016, 05:21 PM

Whether he truly seemed disappointed by what she had said, or if it was simply an act, she didn't know. He requested that she send Vereux to Yfir to speak with katja, but hadn't actually requested for her to summon him to give his side of the story. Was the male purposefully trying to put her in a position that would have the pack turn against her? Or would he go and tell a white lie to his alphess and stir some trouble? Either way, she would smile and nod as he went on his way.

She watched him disappear before turning around, her smile being replaced by a frown as she looked at amachi. They would have to be on guard now wouldn't they? The vikings had a reputation, but Avalon would not simply hand her friend over. If katja wanted to talk to him, she knew where to find him now. "We must stay on guard. Who knows what he'll tell Katja." She sighed, brows furrowed with thought. "I suppose it'll be time for our first meeting soon. What do you think of all this?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Amachi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Arian
05-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Nothing good could come of this, but it was up to Avalon if this pack really did want Vereux back. she was no stranger to knowing about members challenges. Like when Valentine challenged for Avalon back then, though that she didn't think she bore witness to. After the male left Avalon spoke, bringing the giant's attention towards her. "If they really want him they'll come, and you'll be ready. If they decide to attack Ivalice well then we'll all be ready." Amachi noted as she smiled softly towards her. Something she wouldn't have shown around the other.

"Either way Vereux should know this is his home, and we'll help protect it together to the bitter end." Her tail flicked. They knew this well enough, Yfir was no exception and they had a reputation from what Amachi had heard. A meeting sounded refreshing, as such Amachi was a bit tingled with the excitement.
""