Site-Wide Discussion

Sev�l

gems
size
build
player
06-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Hey guys! So (as I'm sure some of you are aware), there was an issue that recently came to light a bit more publicly than it should have. On the behalf of all the staff, I sincerely apologize for what happened and we will all do our best to make sure it doesn't occur again! It was brought to our attention that some members are concerned with other members being ignored around the site and in the cbox, and possible 'cliques' beginning to form on Alacritis. We, the staff, would like to see what you -- the members -- think about this and if you think this is an issue that needs to be resolved or if you're comfortable with how Alacritis is now. The site can't run without you guys, and we want to make sure you're happy!

In addition, there will be a member survey set up soon for you guys to anonymously give your opinions and comments on how things around the site are run, so if you would prefer to participate in that instead to remain anonymous, please feel free to do so. :)

Semananti

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 07:05 AM
I noticed it a bit as I stalked the chat box, and its definitely an issue. I would talk to everyone one that chat, but I'm having issues with it [Link] the place to actually type isn't showing up.

EDIT: It just doesn't work in my main browser Google chrome

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
06-14-2013, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2013, 07:58 AM by Jupiter I.)
I am quite blatantly curious as to these issues. I honestly haven't noticed anything. I wasn't here for whatever happened yesterday, so I'm not quite certain how things are developing as an issue. Can someone be so kind to provide examples as to how people have been being ignored/how cliques have been being formed? I don't know how something like that can happen under my (and our) nose, but I'd at least like to know what's wrong with everyone so I can try to help fix it, because I honestly see no problem with Alacritis' community with the exception of one situation of arguing with staff that I've been here for...

Also, Namara, I use Google Chrome and have no issue with it. ^^; I would suggest trying to go here, to the source of the cbox, and use it there if the problem persists.

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.
because i like it when you're on your knees.

Medusa i

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
06-14-2013, 10:14 AM
I really haven't botices it here, either. As a 'newer' (I joined and poofed and rejoined) member, you'd think I would have some feelings of isolation. But I've felt well-welcomed, and not just from the people I know, because most of the time I'm dealing with members I don't know. On other sites, issues like this are way worse. On one notable site (it's smaller than Ala) the cbox would go dead quiet whenever I posted in it, even if it had been overflowing with conversation before. Alacritis does not have a problem in my opinion. Although I'd like to hear/see examples from the other side.

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
06-14-2013, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2013, 10:21 AM by Epiphron.)
I am a bit biased because, truthfully, I usually like to be left (fairly) alone while on Ala -- so I never feel ignored or unwanted, b/c I have social anxiety even on the internet lol and really don't like lots of attention -- but I'm truly sorry if people feel offended or upset by recent events.

While I totally understand and empathize, I also wanted members (not admins/mods) to know that... at least for me personally... when I come sit down on Alacritis at night, I have a hard time following the Cbox and talking to people. Because I usually have 5+ tabs open, doing admin stuff, replying to posts, talking on Skype, and so on. I think a lot of staff can relate -- but I understand how it must seem from a different standpoint, like we're purposefully ignoring you.

I've noticed a lot of bad attitude lately regarding this, and also bad responses from admins. Members who feel alienated, often continue by ACTING like they are alienated, i.e. making snarky comments about being ignored, being testy -- and I personally am much less likely to talk to members who act like this. I don't deal well with passive aggressive people, and would much rather people just be upfront with what their issues are and with whom.

Also, please realize we do our best here. I don't personally see 'cliques.' But again, I'm biased -- I only regularly (daily-ish) talk to Andy on Skype, and I consider her a pretty good friend. I'll talk to whoever messages me, but I don't talk to any member daily on anything other than the Cbox.

Alacritis is no different than real life. You will not be liked by everyone. Not everyone will like your writing style and want to roleplay with you. And it sucks, but you know what? That's fine, because I'm sure you don't want to play with some people either. We're all biased, and all have flaws -- but we're doing our best at admins to monitor this and promptly take care of anyone being openly rude or mean. If you have an issue, do not, WE BEG, start fights on the Cbox. I am more than happy to deal with these things in private via skype or PM. If you're more comfortable talking to another admin -- feel free!

But, please give more suggestions as to what we can do to make Ala more pleasant for everyone.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-14-2013, 10:52 AM
I have no complaints what so ever, I loe the staff and the members and i've never felt ignored. Yeah certain messages in the c-box get missed, but everyone does that. It's not personal. This is one of the best sites I've ever joined.

Sixx I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Im all good on the souleater side of things... Dont really see any problems...

Shades

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Sometimes Pea is ignored in the cbox, so she goes and does something else because Pea has a life and doesn't need to be the center of attention all the time.

Pea saw what happened. This has nothing to do with being socially ignored. What happened was rules were broken repeatedly on the cbox and the rule-breaker was told to stop by staff (who I think kept their cool beautifully). The rule-breaker didn't get their way and immediately ran to the going-away board and said something about being ignored, and then changed their mind and deleted the message. Pea thinks the root issue needs to be addressed and the practice of giving rule-breakers a forced break from the cbox needs to be exercised. The cbox is a privilege that some people just can't handle. People should not get positive attention for causing drama and pissing people off.

The most the staff can do is stop people from being rude or bullying people in the cbox. They cannot make people like people or talk to people they don't want to talk to.

Abaddon

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 01:22 PM
i haven't ever seen any cliques on ala, but i also haven't been on except for a few times since i lost internet. but i do notice just recently, that when the cbox is on a single topic, words fly fast and sometimes you can get left behind xD i get ignored a lot, simply because i am on a different topic. i don't think anyone has ever been purposefully ignored, it just happens. i think that comes with having an average of 15-20 people on one cbox, not everyone can heard sometimes - just like if you were in a public place.

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm with nyx on this one. I haven't really noticed anything but all of the things nyx brought up ring true to me. Even if it is not "real life", we are all still humane. We're going to have people we like more than others, those we know more, those we are more comfortable talking to. I personally try to at least acknowledge people, especially new members but honestly the box is usually moving too fast for me to actively participate and keep up and gives me a headache when I try so I just go do something else for a while.

Gerhardt

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I personally haven't seen many major issues with this, but two things that need to be understood (which have already been covered by others) are:

1. Just like in real life there are going to be people you talk to more than others, it's just a fact. I try to talk to everyone, but there are a few that I am really close with and I seem to have more of a connection with. In the same way, there are people you're going to prefer to roleplay with over others depending on your characters and even your writing style. It doesn't mean one person's in a different group, it just means they happen to be someone you don't write as well with, no big deal.

2. Our cbox moves wicked fast. I mean seriously, half the time I'm writing a reply and people are on a new subject by the time i hit enter. Messages get lost and that can be confused with ignoring, though that's definitely not our intention at all!

3. If you do feel like you're being ignored, say something! But not in a public way that causes drama, PM an admin, that's what we're here for!

Just my two cents. I love everyone here and if you feel like i'm ever ignoring you or offending you, please please let me know because I don't ever wanna do that. <3

Sand Striker

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 12:01 AM
i cant say i have seen any of these cliques of which you speak yeah there are some people who hang out together and have their own in jokes but i dont see a reason for this being a problem. everyone seems willing enough to say hi or answer a question if you ask polietly. i live a lot on the outskirts of the cbox, especially now that it does not appear to be working in my chrome, but i always feel welcome, and for someone as untrusting of peoples intentions as me that is a big thing.

pointing it out like this may be altermately all that is neccesary to fix some of the issues.

Rum

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 11:06 AM
I haven't been on in like a week so i don't understand what happened.

On another note, We know how I feel about this. I had a problem, I adressed it, it wasn't an isssue. Sometimes people still dont acknowledge me in the C-box, but i tend to ignore it now. I do see problems with other people being ignored and such. I do try to talk to them so they dont feel left out because i know how that feels.

I dont feel like there are "cliques", there are only two "individual groups." The ones that seem to be known more around the site, such as mods, admins, pack alphas, or just someone that the admins really enjoy having here. then there are the others, the ones that dont have any "special" abilities.

I do feel like we should adress this issue, not anything too strict, just someting that needs to be known.

I'm glad you have adressed the issue as a site-wide issue. Thank you.

(please excuse mis-spelling and such)

chronos

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 01:20 PM

Personally, I don?t really see much of the ?ignored? problem. However, if this ignoring thing is really going on, just remember that it takes two. (or more) It takes one person to ignore and the other to allow it. No relationship works with just one person catering to the whims of another, and a successful friendship is the same. So if you?re feeling ignored, is it really that hard to say something to the person that you feel is ignoring you? Or talk to a staff member about it?

No one here is blatantly cruel, and I know no one means to ignore people, but you have to remember that the chat-box moves wickedly fast. It?s easy to get lost in the sea of messages coming in. Example, right now there are ?16 users? online. If all 16 of us are talking, it?d be easy for a message to get missed. I know I?ve only be back at Ala for like a month and half, but, this site has never been cliquey. The only way I can see where you might get that idea, is the repor that has been built up with the members that have known each other longer or outside of Alacritis.

I feel that if would be helpful if the people who have this issue, would talk about the issues to the people they?re having it with or a staff member, rather than skirting around the idea and making it a bigger deal that it is. Communication is key in any relationship.

That?s what the Roamer thinks, and Roamer doesn't want to offend anyone. So if I do, please tell me. <3

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 02:09 PM
To be honest, I've never really noticed that there was any 'clique' kind of thing going or that anyone was being 'ignored'. I try to be on the cbox on a daily basis, but as everyone has previously stated, it moves way too fast to keep up with sometimes, so I can understand if when I pop in and say hi I won't be noticed at times. I take no offense, simply watch the conversation go on and wait to see if anyone notices me or if not then I'll find something else to do on the site. I personally don't purposefully ignore anyone. If anyone has ever felt that I do, I apologize, that has never been my intention. I always go out of my way to talk to everyone, even the new members. I've been with Ala for nearly half a year I think, and I really love this site. Everyone is so friendly and always willing to help or just talk. I'm sorry that some people don't feel the same way I do about Ala, but you just need to speak up and make your voice heard, just not in a disrespectful way. Someone is always willing to listen, I can guarantee that.

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
06-15-2013, 02:21 PM
lut here-

im doing updates so im on the admin account deal with it xD

I love every member here equally, yes, i know some better than others, and that's simply because of the amount of time they may have been on the site. I also know some of these people from before Alacritis was a thing, and you know, im happy, really, i am. If you ever feel left out, gracious, PM me, i can't answer on skype for the next 7-10 days, but, im here for everyone. I answer everyone, and I love everyone. If im not answering you much on skype, im not answering the other 50 people on there much either. While yeah, i might be closer to so&so, im not gonna lose a new friend either.

Liste

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Raii agrees with basically everyone else. I haven't noticed solid cliques but the people who have been here longer and get on more often tend to have more to talk about, that's expected. Absolutely everyone gets ignored sometimes, it's life. No one here has bad intentions but things can get missed. Happens to me a lot. You just have to deal with it and if you have something important ask again!!! If this site was cliquey or anything I wouldn't be here. I love it!

Yang

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 07:04 PM
I do not see any 'cliques' in the chart box at all. I am sometimes ignored, but that is mainly because I'm in a completely different time zone xD. When everyone else is on, it is seldom I'm missed. Although one in a while my message might get lost in a sudden swarm of messages, but if just repost it to make sure. I wasn't here for this 'incident' thing, so I can't comment about it. I got one do not see any problems with the c-box (maybe the colours xD)

Laurier

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 10:16 PM
I don't really believe people interacting more with each other within a certain circle is a problem overall, it's really when people are ignored because of these close inner circles, when people are forced to be in one group and not another and so forth is when it becomes an issue. This site is far more friendly to each other than on some other sites I've been on, and as always, community is one of the most unique things when it comes to RP sites... and this community is great. However, that's only really my experience here.

I realize many others have different experiences with this place and its users. It's understandable how those ignored are less vocal, I mean attention is so demonized nowadays that people can be afraid to try and bring attention to their issues in fear of being dismissed as "whiny" or something. I hope those who are ignored and genuinely hurt about it will contact somebody, from what I've gathered the event leading this wasn't entirely private, but it's great this was brought to attention.

It absolutely doesn't seem that people have ill intentions upon each other most of the time, although what is public drastically differs from what people may say privately or anonymous - it's important, at least, that whatever ill feelings towards each other don't disrupt things too much.

As stated the Cbox moves fast and if a subject is actively discussed upon, people ignoring others can be somewhat unavoidable

I'm a little scattered and on a lot of caffeine right now, so apologies for anything that may be easily misunderstood and such.

Chrysanthe

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-17-2013, 12:55 PM
I've talked to people with this problem, and although I empathize, as it's an issue I've seen and felt before, and apologized for not noticing they were so hurt by the matter - I don't see it here on Alacritis. There is always some member of the staff, or even a regular member that's willing to listen. The c-box moves quickly, but people don't go out of their way to ignore anyone. People mingle and rp with just about anyone that asks, I don't see barriers between people that rp differently than others, it's generally a really friendly place where no one really singles anyone else out.

If anyone feels ignored, they can always message me, I'll start a thread if I'm not too swamped and talk just for the heck of it when I'm around.

I love you guys <3

There's no reason to feel ignored, you've got a really active friendly staff team and a whole lot of people that would be willing to listen c: