Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
10-22-2016, 12:04 PM

Black sand clung between her toes as she travelled along the beach. The sun was just setting and the moon starting to rise making the beach look like sparkling fire and Birna found a calming beauty in the dancing lights beneath her feet. Stern, cold, she should be right at home being a loner but as each day passed she found herself growing more and more lonely. The life of a loner had never really been for her. It was one thing belonging to no pack and traveling with her brother but another entirely to be so completely alone. She also questioned the morality of it. She had family left in Boreas, why did she not go to them? Was she still holding out hope of finding her brother? Why couldn't she just let him go. The odds of them meeting again were nonexistent and she knew that by now but no matter how fragile her hope it never would see to die.

Her thoughts drifted to her niece, Karabela, who was off somewhere starting her own pack. She vaguely knew the girl from her days in Imperium but they hadn't really interacted that much and she really didn't know what to say but that hope, that bloody hope was somewhere in her heart that they could connect. Was it really right for her to be wandering in self-pity when she could be standing by her niece and guiding the girl? She sought for family in the wilds when part of it remained in the mountains beckoning for her. Karabela had offered her a place in Ivory Ridge and the time to mull it over. Perhaps it was time to take the girl, no… woman, up on her offer.

"Talk"
[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Seraphiel

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

Famous
10-28-2016, 09:59 PM
SeraPhiel

Her and Tar had set up base on Obsideion beach, they had dug out her old den and made their home there, travelling out each day to search the surrounding lands methodically, searching for signs of her family, or wolves that might have heard of them or had known of the Donostrea pack. It was repetitive work, and felt hopeless after the first few days, with no trace of anything they sought. Tar had opted to hunt and she had slunk back to their den, searching for fresh bedding to soften the sand as she waited for his return.

It was on a trip back from the woods with a bundle of dry grass that she saw the intruder. She wasn't really an intruder, the pair of wolves had taken no claim to the land – they could not hold and keep it between the two of them, even if they wanted the responsibility, and it would get in the way of finding her family. Intruder was the wrong word to use, but it still put her hackles up. There was too many memories here, on the black-grained beach. Perhaps they should have set up base elsewhere, to avoid the feeling of possession.

She forced a friendly smile to her muzzle, and eyed the woman critically as she approached. “Greetings, stranger, do you have a moment?” she finished her approach and stopped a few feet out, giving each other space.

html by castlegraphics; image by sinscreation

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-05-2016, 09:38 AM

Birna's mind fell silent as her thoughts finally quieted, allowing her to just be for a moment. She knew it wouldn't last long and so she took the moment to breathe deeply of the cool fall air that would soon turn to winter and bring with it the snowfalls. It was hard to believe she was 5 years old already. She knew that wasn't terribly old but it was at least middle-aged. Where had the time flown? Why did it move so quickly? She dearly wished there was a way she could just stop time for awhile.

Birna felt eyes on her and turned to see an unusually marked yearling approach her, asking if she had a moment. The girl seemed friendly at first glance but she could sense the underlying tension in the other. Sharp ice-blue eyes surveyed the girl, she didn't appear to be pregnant or nursing so it was doubtful there were pups nearby, she was far to young for such nonsense anyway. She hadn't caught any pack scent either. Perhaps a bad experience had left her wary? If so why then approach? "I suppose I do, do you need something?"

"Talk"

Seraphiel

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

Famous
11-19-2016, 04:53 PM
SeraPhiel

The stranger turned towards her, and she was met with the lighter blue eyes of the wolf, and realised they where level with her own. She managed a more honest smile, and fought the impulse to fidget as she searched for the right way to word her questions. “I'm looking for information, and wanted to know if you knew anything of the history of Obsidian Beach? It use to be owned by a pack – my family, and I've since lost contact with them. If you happened to know anything about where they might have gone, I would be very grateful”

She did shift her weight then, just once from foot to foot as she wondered if this wolf would have any information she sought. She didn't look familiar to Ray, she didn't think she had any connection to her past, but then, she had been gone from her family for a time now. It was worth a try, if she knew anything at all, could give her any direction to focus her search on, then this wouldn't feel so pointless.

html by castlegraphics; image by sinscreation

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-23-2016, 09:28 PM

The girl smiled at her sincerely and stated that she was looking for information on the history of the Obsidian Beach and a pack that used to live there. Birna paused for a moment, racking her brain for any recollection of information that might be helpful to the girl. However, as she thought through she hadn't really come up with anything. Birna shook her head. "I'm sorry, but I don't know much of this land or any packs that have dwelled here. I might be able to draw something from a name. There are no promises but who was the leader of the pack? What was the pack's name?"

"Talk"