size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
06-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Oh gods it was hot. If he could sweat, he was sure he'd be standing in a puddle. He panted as he walked across the plains, Kimahri was hiding up in a tree somewhere and he sometimes wished he could climb trees too. Instead, he was reduced to wandering the plains to check out the small pond which...unfortunately had been reduced to barely a puddle. He frowned, noting the many hoof marks of other animals that had been congregating to drink before taking off to find more water. This was a dilemma, but he wasn't sure how to address it. For now, he approached and drank a bit of it, the water tasting stagnant and not as refreshing as he had hoped.
Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2017, 03:11 PM

Faine had been sniffing around the plains to try and harvest some herbs, but even the grass was beginning to dry up and become yellow. She sighed softly as she decided that there was no hope with this area, and if she wanted to find more herbs she would have to travel. Same with water, because at one point she remembered that there had been a pond somewhere around here and now that she thought about it, she was sure it was gone. Her ears flicked as she could see a form moving in the distance and she yawned, the sun not favoring her dark pelt. She would slowly make her way towards the form and her carmine gaze realized it was Dragon. It seemed that he had tried drinking out of a small puddle. “I’m sure there’s cleaner, nicer water somewhere else Dragon,” she said softly, dipping her head slightly. “I know I’m not particularly a scout, but I’m willing to help with whatever I can.” she offered.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: hQBYkJZ.png]
ᴏʜ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ.

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-03-2017, 04:14 AM

To say that the water he drank was refreshing was an understatement, and he would be lying if he did say it. Still, water was water, and with the heat being the way it was, he wasn't too keen on having to travel miles to find a better water source. Not now, anyway. Ears picked up the sound of an approach, and soon after, Faine's voice spoke out. The earthen male lifted his muzzle to look at her, bits of mud and droplets of water clinging to his chin. "There probably is, but I was too thirsty to go looking right now." He frowned slightly, not at her words but at the situation. It was getting harder to find water, and he missed his pond. It was a shame that it wasn't big enough for it to stay for the duration of the season, but hopefully it would return come Auster's winter time. Her suggestion at going out to find other water sources intrigued him. They did need to find a better source other than the dirty puddles he had found, but he was afraid if they kept trying to drink from them then they'd get sick. And with herbs almost hard to find, they'd be in trouble. Granted, they could probably find some in the deeper forests, he had noticed charred ground in some of the further lands, and he would hate himself if someone got caught up in a wildfire because of desperation. "I may have to take you up on that offer. Maybe we could both go and check it out, two pairs of eyes are better than one, and there may have been some places I miss...though when I've gone out, I've had quite the trouble finding an adequate source that wasn't being guarded by other thirsty creatures..." He certainly didn't want someone getting hurt, or worse, trying to compete with the other creatures for water too. The whole situation this season felt heavy on his shoulders, but he was already setting plans in motion to try and remedy it, if only for a little while.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-03-2017, 06:16 PM

The ruby sylph nodded as he noted that he was simply too thirsty to go traveling around for better water, which was something she could understand for now. Desperate times called for desperate measure, right? She guessed she was just trying to look out for her fellow pack members for now. He said that he would have to take her up on the offer for help though, as he noted that the water sources that he did find were usually crowded with other thirsty creatures. “I’ve been trying to get some drinks out of Aspen Dam,” she told the brute. “It stinks of elk though, luckily I haven’t run into one but I wouldn’t want to deal with one just trying to get a drink.” she noted, “I haven’t tried the western part of Auster though, and then again spring is almost here… So that’d be autumn for Auster? Hopefully, the rain will bring back some water as well.” she noted. She flicked her tail, maybe Dragon could give her some insight on the raid too but she didn’t want to push it for now.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: hQBYkJZ.png]
ᴏʜ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ.

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-15-2017, 01:52 AM

Aspen dam...he and Kimahri had gone over there, though their trip was somewhat successful. The dam was barely trickling anything, and what he did find was tough to get. Not in terms of water level, but when he had gone, some large elk had threatened his safety and chased him off. It was stupid, really. A predator such as him being chased off by the prey. Though even he knew he couldn't take on a full grown elk on his own without getting seriously hurt, no. It would take a few of them to bring one down safely and without casualty. Maybe...maybe they'd go on an elk hunt soon. Perhaps there was someone in the market for elk pelts or antlers? Who knew.

"Yeeaaah...I went over there a few times but the last time I kinda...got chased off..." He looked away with embarrassment, a slight cough leaving his maw as the embarrassment at the predicament flooded through him. Oh well, what was he to do? He looked back at her when she mentioned the western part, most of that was...ocean? Maybe the falls...he inwardly sighed. It sucked having to go across other territories just for a drink of water, and it was expending more energy having to do so than was necessary. "I hope you're right, because we could really use that...at this rate, we're just using more energy traveling around looking for water to keep us going. But hopefully come Autumn...or at least, Auster's Autumn, we'll be better off. Weather is kinda weird here though, so who knows."

"Speech"

Tracker||Plot with me!