Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
11-12-2017, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 11:31 AM by Pyralis. Edit Reason: added navigation note )
Navigation - Hermits Coast

Finally Pyralis was going to explore the coast. She'd been interrupted several times on her trip here but she was not going to be thwarted this time. This time Pyralis brought muscle. She grinned at Malleus who agreed to accompany her. She'd joked that she wanted him to come along and just look mean to scare away any loners that decided to get friendly but in the end they'd worked out a deal. Malleus would accompany her on her exploration and in return she'd pass on some fight related wisdom. No doubt Malleus had been trained by Amon and was probably quite skilled but she would see what she could do.

Creepy along the rocky shore with her tail in the air she grinned as she peered into one of the tidepools. So many pretty things but she had no idea if some of the unusual coral formations were poisonous. "So Malleus, how are you settling in? My children haven't been bothering you to much have they?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
11-19-2017, 02:41 PM
While they may have been wandering the same coastline side by side, the two wolves were there for two very different reasons. The last time he'd been here, Malleus had been attacked by mutant creatures and he had no desire to have that happen again. While Pyralis explored and got to know the territory, Malleus kept an eye out for danger. His aunt might have been joking when she'd asked him along as back up, but he was going to take the role very seriously. Cursed creatures were no joke.

His ears flicked and his gaze darted from the scenery to Pyralis as the elder Abraxas spoke. "Just fine. It's good to be back," he rumbled. As for her children bothering him, one smelly incident stood out at the forefront of his mind, but he wasn't about to share it with Pyralis. Remembering that day made him chuckle. "Not at all," he said, still smiling to himself, "They've certainly ah, gone of of their way to welcome me back."

Talking about her children got him thinking. "Speaking of children," he started tentatively, "And I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, but, if I may ask..." He trailed off for a second as he gathered his thoughts. "How...did you decide on their father?" he asked with uncharacteristic tentativeness. It was a topic he had been tossing around a lot. Not Pyralis' choice, obviously, but his own. How did he decide?

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
12-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Pyralis moved with relaxed ease, taking in the terrain and the air. The crashing of waves was like a symphony and the smell of the salty air just delighted her senses. Then of course there was the ocean itself, a vast seemingly incomprehensible body of water with untold wonders and horrors. If there was truly evidence of some sort of divine creator then surely it was the mighty, mysterious ferocity of the ocean. Malleus spoke and she turned to him with a grin, catching the 'ah' in his speech that might indicate that her children's welcoming wasn't without a little bit of chaos. "Well, I'm glad. They seem to enjoy your company. Ashiel especially seems taken with you." She continued walking along the coast. In some ways Malleus was a lot like his father. Contemplative, strong, and a solid foundation for which the Abraxas could build their future, unlike her. It was one thing she'd always admired about Amon, though she'd never admit it. He always seemed so in control. Often Pyralis found herself diving into her emotions and her whims without a thought for the outcome. Her mind would shift like the tide, rolling in, rolling out. Calm one minute, a raging storm the next. Perhaps that was why she felt so drawn to the ocean.

Malleus' next question caught her by surprise and she came to a sudden stop and turned to him. She gazed at him for a moment but not in offense but general interest as to why he chose that question. Pyralis grinned. "Would it be to cliché to say I knew the moment I saw him? I had injured myself and the wound was infected and I swear I thought it was a dream when I saw him. His pelt was unlike anything I'd ever seen. Like… stars and flames from the sun clipped from the sky and melded into a wolf form. I chose a celestial fire spirit for their father. I only intend to have the one litter so I wanted something special. I wanted to see what would happen if I bred with a spirit and you can see the results." She grinned. Of course, she would never admit it but there was something about the way he'd tended to her injured body that… well, really got her own fire going.

"Why do you ask Malleus? Are you… considering starting your own lineage?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
12-09-2017, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 12:57 PM by Malleus.)
Pyralis didn't seem put off by his question which heartened Malleus. He was eager to hear her answer and once she started to speak he zeroed in on her words with rapturous intent. The answer meant a great deal to him as it would undoubtedly shape the next few stages of his life in someway. His aunt wasn't exactly the picture of sobriety and forethought, but in her own way she was wise and calculating; traits he appreciated even though her methodology (or lack thereof) made him uneasy sometimes.

"Not cliche at all," he murmured thoughtfully. So she just knew. He mulled that statement over. There'd been, unless she was sparing him sordid details, no test of worthiness, no careful consideration, just a feeling that he'd been the one. Perhaps it had been because the man was a spirit; maybe it would be different for a mortal. That thought brought him no closer to an answer for himself, which disappointed him.

"Why do you ask Malleus? Are you… considering starting your own lineage?" She'd hit that nail right on the head. He hesitated, "I am." He sighed, "I'm almost three years old. Not an old man by any means, but...I think it's time for me. We need to raise up strong, capable wolves if we are to make a mark here that lasts and if I am being honest, the number of wolves in our family who have the sense and ability to do so are few." How many of his siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles had made the journey with his father to simply abandon the goal for other pursuits? How many were of unsound mind and unfit to procreate? Far more than he would have liked.

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
12-16-2017, 08:00 PM

Her ears perked as Malleus stated that he was thinking about starting his own family. She grinned cheekily at him first but her expression sobered and she nodded. She knew what a burden this part of being an Abraxas could be. Everyone was expected to have pups at some point… well, almost everyone. Seth was the one exception for his genes were deemed tainted and she could only imagine what would happen if he sired any pups. Pyralis nodded at Malleus statements. Yes, they need to continue to rear the next generation, to fill their ranks with those of strong blood but Malleus was also correct in that it seemed many of their family were becoming more interested in personal pursuits. Not that this was always a bad thing, and she certainly in no position to judge, but the possibility of infighting was a real threat.

"I see your point. I do were about inner conflict within the family but with so many strong personalities I suppose it is unavoidable. Still, we would do well to continue to swell our ranks with those groomed to our station in life. Tell me Malleus, is there a woman you've found that you fancy or are you starting from scratch?" Part of her almost regretted chasing off Lydia. The girl had been about Malleus' age and while she was more delicate of build than Pyralis would like the girl had shown spirit and intelligence. Ah, well, the girl was gone and it was probably just as well. Malleus could do better, of that Pyralis was sure.

"Talk" "You" Think

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
12-26-2017, 07:24 PM
"Fancy" wasn't exactly a word he would use to describe the future mother of his children. Whenever he pictured the ideal woman genuine interest in her wasn't on his list of necessary features. He doubted he would ever have that kind of affection from someone who wasn't in his family. Was it impossible? No, not at all. Just unlikely. It wasn't a luxury he could allow himself.

"Starting from scratch, I'm afraid." He was quiet for a moment as he carefully stepped over a log that had washed ashore at some point and lay buried in the sand. "Although," he mused aloud, "Perhaps it would be best to wait and concentrate my efforts after my father has made his move. No doubt he'll be starting something soon." It would be unwise to start a family in the middle of a war. Just the thought of juggling a woman, pups and the chaos of a conflict exhausted him.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
12-29-2017, 09:14 PM
ooc: So sorry for these late replies Laz!

A sudden squawk gave Pyralis pause as a discontented seagull took to the sky. It had been nesting in a little inlay farther up the coast though, to Pyralis' disappointment, there were no chicks or eggs. Drat! That could have been a nice breakfast. She kept on exploring, enjoying the time with her nephew. She really hadn't spent enough time with her nieces and nephews lately though many of them seemed content to wander willy nilly so the opportunity did not often present itself.

Malleus stated that he was starting from scratch. Ah… that was always a difficult place to start. Pyralis had blessed with an exceptional dose of dumb luck. It was great for her but it did not aide her in giving advice to others. She nodded and grinned as Malleus spoke. "Ah, so wise for one so young. Yes, your father plans to make a bold move soon so it would be best to wait until after the dust has settled. I wish I could offer you advice in your seeking but I'm afraid I have none. I suppose… have faith. We are blessed and we are destined. When it is time I am sure you will find someone worthy." Pyralis much preferred concrete answers but in failing to find one she could only offer a strand of hope that things would play out as they were meant to.

"Talk" "You" Think

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
01-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Pyralis confirmed his musings and Malleus decided that was that. Unless he was bowled over by the rightness of a woman in the near future, he would wait. Once things were settled (were they ever truly settled, though?) then and only then he would begin his search. Perhaps this revelation was a good one. After all, it would free him (temporarily) from some of his worries and give him more time to focus on important things, like growing his knowledge of wound care in preparation of the coming war.

Malleus paused with one forefoot raised as yet another unhappy seabird took to the sky. His eyes followed its progress for a moment before returning to the path ahead. "Thank you, Pyralis. Sometimes it helps to speak aloud the things you've been thinking." Her words were...wiser than he expected. Perhaps he didn't give the exuberant types enough credit.

He started forward again and this time instead of hanging a step or two behind Pyralis, Malleus sped up so they were walking abreast. "How much of the coast have you explored so far?"

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
01-11-2018, 10:00 PM

Pyralis jumped as a spray of water shot up from the sand right behind her. Ohhh were there perhaps clams or some other sort of bivalve along the beaches here? She gazed at it for a moment. She wasn't terribly hungry really. Reaching out a paw she tapped the ground only to watch water squirt out a second later. She was listening though, really she was and she nodded at his words. "Any time! I'll be wishing you the best of luck in this endeavor. "

"I'd say I've explored most of it by now. I've been out here a couple times, once with the alpha of Talis and another time I met a fire spirit here." She thumped her paw on the ground hard send a few sprays of water into the air. "Actually, this marks the end of my track. I think I'm ready to head back now if you are. Was there anything else you wished to talk to me about?"

"Talk" "You" Think