Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
11-16-2017, 11:30 PM
The reality of her situation had begun to settle upon her shoulders. She was pregnant, and no doubt due quite soon. It was time to prepare, and make sure everything was in order. So, here she was. In the lands of her birth, seeking a healer so that she may bring children of her own into the world. This was an unfamiliar place, and she was in an unfamiliar situation.

Hesitance was spelled out in every line of her form as she stepped closer and closer to the pack lands. This area was familiar, and thus she felt safer here than anywhere else. Keeping her body unassuming, she tried to ease herself closer without drawing attention. She didn't want a fight, not now that she had other lives to worry about. With plenty of room between herself and the borders of the pack, she felt nerves tingling along her spine. Gods above, why was this so hard for her? A soft sigh was uttered from her jaws.

Tilting her head back, a soft and low call was pushed forth into the early morning air. She was hoping to speak with a healer, as long as that wasn't a problem. She didn't want problems with a pack, only help from them. Glancing around, she wondered if this was going to go well. Tail curled loosely between her legs, she felt the tip brush against her belly. It felt a little better, to have that protecting her unborn children, as little as it was. She would have to start thinking of names soon.

avatar courtesy of trash-klng on dA

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
11-25-2017, 12:01 AM
Sparrow headed towards the border as soon as she heard the call. When she approached, there was an older woman who... was also pregnant? Well that was a precarious situation. Sparrow drew close to the border, leaving some room between her and the other woman.

"I am Sparrow, the alpha of Abaven. What is it you seek today?"

Sparrow was sure it had to do with the fact that she was well... old and pregnant. What was this woman even doing? Sparrow silently hoped that these pups were the result of... well... not rape. There were enough cases of that going around.

Sparrow waited for the woman to speak.

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
11-25-2017, 10:24 PM
A petite woman arrived, fur the colour of oak bark. She was tiny by all standards, dwarfed by the bloated form of the phantom. However, she seemed not to be intimidated or worried. This was a strong woman, by all means. "I am Sparrow, the alpha of Abaven. What is it you seek today?" She said, calm and collected.

A courteous dip of the head, and the vagabond princess sought to get down to business. "Greetings, alpha Sparrow." She murmured, thick accent giving her away as far from home. She gestured vaguely toward her distended abdomen, though it hardly needed that to be noticed. "I came to beg a favour of you, if that is at all possible." A brief pause, gaze falling towards her dark paws. She felt helpless and stupid, like a young maiden in a tough situation. However, she was not young and she was not stupid. Thus, she needed to get to it. "I have recently come to realise that I am in a certain.. situation. I request a healer from you, to check after the condition of my unborn, and I will cease to be of trouble to you or your pack."

Cautious twitching of her tail, and a wandering gaze. She didn't want to meet the alpha's gaze, for fear it would seem too bold. A gentle stroke of her tongue over the twin blue feathers in the fur of her chest.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
11-27-2017, 12:16 AM
The woman seemed hesitant, but Sparrow waited to listen. The woman revealed that she was, indeed, pregnant. Sparrow nodded slowly, not surprised, simply observant. The woman asked Sparrow fora healer. She asked that the healer check the condition of her unborn children.

Then she would be out of their way?

What?

Sparrow blinked a few times before stepping forward lightly.

"Ma'am, I believe we can check your children, but I must inform you that the life of a loner may be rough on the unborn pups, and when they're born... Do you... know their father? Will you be left alone to fend off any predators and still hunt for yourself?"

Sparrow closed her eyes and shook her head.

"We will most definitely check the health of your unborn children, but I ask that you consider perhaps staying in Abaven. Let it be temporary- until they're weaned. If you want to leave, then you and your children would be free to leave this territory."

Sparrow couldn't imagine raising pups as a single mother outside of a pack. She didn't want this woman to feel like she had to do this alone.

"I am a healer and I have aided in births before. So I can check you if you would like."

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
11-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Something had disturbed the leader, and she pressed forward just a little. Alabaster auds tipped back, and the woman felt her chin lower towards her chest defensively. She had the advantage of size, if this woman was looking to fight. "Ma'am, I believe we can check your children, but I must inform you that the life of a loner may be rough on the unborn pups, and when they're born... Do you... know their father? Will you be left alone to fend off any predators and still hunt for yourself?" She seemed duly concerned, and it was flattering. Wariness sloughing from her posture, the dame snorted a little.

"I have spoken with their sire, and I can assure you that he is not interested in abandoning either myself or his offspring." She replied coolly, a tight smile on her lips. What, suddenly she was feeble and incapable, just because of a few extra pounds and lives to bear? The leader shook her head, seeming rather exasperated. Now Lirika was more offended than anything. She frowned lightly at the other woman.

"We will most definitely check the health of your unborn children, but I ask that you consider perhaps staying in Abaven. Let it be temporary- until they're weaned. If you want to leave, then you and your children would be free to leave this territory." The offer was not made lightly, as all of these nature were. However, her experience with the local packs had not been all that positive lately. She didn't want to find herself homeless again unless it was by her own choice. "Thank you, Miss Sparrow, but I can assure you I have all of the resources I require, save for a healer." She assured the other female as politely as she could. Her family had been giving birth in harsh conditions since the dawn of time, and she was sure it would not suddenly be impossible for her. "Their father remains close by to my den most often than not, and he hunts for me regularly. You needn't fear for my safety or health, miss."

"I am a healer and I have aided in births before. So I can check you if you would like." The alpha offered, and Lirika was grateful. She bobbed her head affirmatively, glancing around cautiously. This was, after all, her first experience in motherhood. Likely her last, as well. "Where would you like me to be?" She questioned, only somewhat awkwardly.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
12-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Sparow had never known any families that lived outside of a pack. She knew crazy things happened inside packs and couldn't possibly imagine raising a family outside of one. Not to mention the complications in births she had seen. The whole idea seemed overwhelming.

The other woman claimed that she had everything she needed- save a healer. Sparrow smiled, relief shining in here eyes, "Then you are luckier than most that come to these borders."

The woman seemed almost frustrated with Sparrow for assuming that she may want to be in a pack for a while. Sparrow could see the age in the woman. She was not young.

Sparrow stepped closer, "You're fine where you are. Let me see..."

Sparrow prodded around a second. Yup, definitely pregnant.

"Now, forgive me, but this is just preliminary... How have you been feeling with this pregnancy? How many litters have you had prior?"

Sparrow took a step back, "Not to make this awkward, but if you could lie down, I can do further inspection."

OOC: Is there anything you wanted Sparrow to find/ say specifically?

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
12-11-2017, 05:03 PM

ooc. nah, she can give her the all clear if you'd like. Warn her against raising babies alone, the like xD you've got free reign!

Blessedly, the queen was not offended by her statement. She seemed, in fact, rather pleased. "Then you are luckier than most that come to these borders." She announced, and was quick to begin her pregnancy check. Having never experienced such a thing before, the phantom was a bit nervous. When the smaller lady stepped forward, there was the urge to step away. She held still, hearing the assurance from the woman, "You're fine where you are. Let me see..."

A few gentle prods around her belly. They almost tickled. A soft flick of her tail, and she felt her ears lower a little. "Now, forgive me, but this is just preliminary... How have you been feeling with this pregnancy? How many litters have you had prior?" Oh gods. What must this leader think of her? Was something wrong? She cleared her throat lightly. "Thus far, I have felt rather ill in the mornings and evenings. Some days I have been tired, so tired I don't want to do anything except lay down all day." Accented lyrics rattled off the response with only a small amount of anxiety.

"This... will be my first and only pregnancy." She stated, praying she sounded stronger than she felt. Mercury gaze was downcast again, and she blinked a little. She prayed this was the truth. Her prime had passed, but she was still strong enough to raise children, with the help of the father. Her gaze flicked back up to the cinnamon coloured woman as she spoke again. The alpha had taken a step back, and said "Not to make this awkward, but if you could lie down, I can do further inspection."

A soft hum of affirmation left her, and she slowly lowered herself onto the ground. "On my side?" She asked, this time with as much awkwardness as one could imagine. This was a strange experience, after all.

"speech"

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
12-18-2017, 01:58 AM
Poor woman... Lirika seemed to be a bundle of nerves. Sparrow tried to use her best soothing voice without losing its genuine tone.

Lirika mentioned her symptoms and Sparrow nodded along. "All normal symptoms," she said. "Now, some argue one way and others argue the other way, but I recommend staying away from most herbs while pregnant. Even if that means you have to suffer a bit through the ailments. Try to eat often, even if you are feeling a little sick. Small amounts over a long period of time add up, so don't try to force a meal all at once if you aren't feeling it. Just be mindful."

This was her first pregnancy?

Sparrow was glad she was facing the woman's belly and that her surprise couldn't be seen.

"That's wonderful! I'm sure you must be excited. Congratulations!"

Okay, now to let the woman lie down. Lirika lowered herself and asked for affirmation. Sparrow nodded and got on with her examination.

Everything felt normal as she prodded. Sparrow checked the woman's teats for any signs of milk production.

"How far along do you suspect you are?" Sparrow asked, trying to make sure the timelines matched up. If they did, Sparrow could estimate when they would be born if the mother hadn't already calculated it.