gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
04-07-2018, 04:37 PM
She was putting off the inevitable for as long as possible. Mara was no coward, but facing Amos after their unfortunate reunion was not exactly high on the list of things she'd enjoy doing right now. Her life was taking twists and turns left and right and leaving her feeling like a passenger as she attempted to at least hold on during this wild ride. At least as long as life was confusing and hellish she didn't have the ability nor the inclination to laze about. Sleep was coming more frequently, but never absent of nightmares. At least she didn't look so godawful anymore. Her fur was more well kept, and her ribs didn't poke out, the bags under her eyes were less impressive. Too bad none of that meant life was good. Maybe it was an oxymoron though, to put life and good anywhere near each other.

Today she'd decided to really act unlike herself, and went for one hell of a swim out to one of the islands offshore. When she'd pulled herself onto the beach, Mara hadn't expected much really. As she wandered the territory, it was as plain and underwhelming as she expected. There was an unexpected surprise, however, which made her glad she was not one to wander without looking where she was going. There was a ditch, a trench in the ground that ripped it's way seemingly across the entire isle. Mara found herself gazing down into it, wondering how many wolves had fallen victim to it in the past.
[Image: 1feWy51.png?1]

Mara is rude, lazy, and really likes to swear sometimes. She is not pleasant in the slightest.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
04-07-2018, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2018, 05:50 PM by Pyralis.)
All You Have Is Your Fire...

She moved in cycles like a dizzying pendulum and when the need to wander seized her she was off like a shot. There was always news to be gathered from the lips of loners and she knew her son would appreciate her being away from the Eclipse Empire for awhile. Her restlessness had only grown since Amon left for their original homeland. She trusted Malleus and Ashiel and knew the pair would do their predecessors proud but that didn't mean she didn't miss her brother. That was the sting of it. She'd wandered plenty in her day and never once felt her brother's absences gnawing at her… perhaps that was because she could always return to him. Now their positions were switched and she was the one waiting, wondering when she would see her sibling again.

She journeyed to another island. Her powerful legs, seasoned in swimming pushing her to the shore of a place she had yet to explore. The water was comforting in both its wildness and its predictability. While it was difficult to predict its storms, the tide would always sway in and out.

Traveling along she soon came to the highlight of the island, a vast, deep trench like a dark, ugly scar.  Her ears flicked forward, wondering what had caused this. Had it been something old… something mystical? She padded around the edge of the trench, wondering if there was a good way to get down when she spied a familiar form. Pyralis chuckled. "Well, well, if it isn't the mighty sea monster hunter, Mara. Taking a break from your blood spilling?"

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Mara

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
04-21-2018, 01:57 PM
The depths of the trench reminded her of unfortunate things, pulling her mood down, down, down into the depths of gloominess. Maybe it was a mistake not to end her life with Inverno? She could always throw herself into the crack in the ground headfirst and see if that did the trick... Her dark, suicidal thoughts were interrupted with the sound of a familiar voice. Now that was the last wolf she expected to run into. Maybe she ought to have been the first, though. After all, this was Pyralis.

Mara's expression turned into an amused smirk as she looked to the taller woman and chuckled, "Oh, only a short one. I'm tired of unworthy opponents, I was considering shoving some of the weaker wolves into this handy little ditch in hopes of weeding out the weak. Seemed reasonable enough." Not at all what she thought about but the idea sure sounded amusing now that she'd thought it up. How many could she stuff in there without them being able to climb out? Probably a good amount.

"What have you been busying yourself with? It's been a while." It wasn't often Mara actually cared to catch up with anyone. This woman must be that much more tolerable than the rest.

Mara is rude, lazy, and really likes to swear sometimes. She is not pleasant in the slightest.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
05-05-2018, 05:07 PM

Mara turned to her with a smirk and Pyralis replied with her usual mischievous grin. "Oh, now that sounds like fun. I haven't run across any other loners out here but I did catch the scent of a coyote pair south of here." She hadn't been planning on harassing them but with a friend she was sure it would be much more entertaining. If spring was good for one thing it was a rousing game of coyote ball.

Pyralis eyed the trench. The gaping wound in the earth that was scarred over with foliage. She couldn't help but wonder what had caused it. She turned her attention back to Mara. "My son started up a pack just recently in the Bent Canyon. I've been helping him with that you could say but you know me. I'm an absolute angel so I've just been trying to stay out of trouble." She winked playfully, her words being far from the truth. "What about yourself?"

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Mara

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
05-28-2018, 12:56 AM
Laughing, Mara shook her head. "I can't say I've met a lot of wolves who'd go out of their way to play games with coyotes - literally - but I'm afraid I also can't even be a little surprised you'd be such an individual," she chuckled, sobering a bit as a dark gleam flashed in her ember-colored eyes, "I'm game."

She was surprised to hear news of the woman's son becoming an alpha - had she had kids when they first met? - but less so to hear Pyralis was having to keep her wild ways in check. Good luck to this poor son of hers, he probably needed it, though maybe he got enough of this woman's spirit to be capable of handling whatever was thrown his way. "Well, congratulations to him, then. I hope the pack does well." And that you at least keep your trouble far enough from the borders, miss mischief!

Shrugging, Mara pretended to think for a long moment. "Mh, nothing of importance, sadly. I had children, they're all quite grown now, one's in a pack but I couldn't begin to guess where the other two are now. The father's nowhere to be found now but that I'm less concerned about - we only barely got along. Life's pretty dull, but maybe I just need to throw some coyotes in a pit and it'll pick up a bit." She omitted the bits about being plagued by the ghosts of her past every time she closed her eyes since that somehow didn't feel necessary to include.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
06-16-2018, 04:36 PM

Pyralis' lips pulled from her teeth in a vicious grin as Mara said she'd be up for a rousing game of coyote ball. "Well then, we need to find ourselves some coyotes." She nodded at Mara's mention of the pack. It was indeed doing well enough though she'd certainly like to see it grow more. She'd felt rather lost since her brother left. Amon had always been the guiding star of the pack and the family and she didn't really know what to do without him. As one of the older members she felt pressure to step up and lead the family but her wild spirit would not allow it and she would think her family fools if they thought she could fill that role. No one could. Malleus was probably the closest though she admired Ashiel's spirit.

She listened with interest as Mara relegated the events of her life. In some ways she could see a mirror to her own. Enough of the past though, she wanted to stay in the present. Trotting along she lowered her head to smell the ground, searching for coyotes. "Aha! I think I've got something." She followed the scent down into a rocky area and her eyes began to search for an entrance to the den. All too soon she found it. Grinning she peered at the dark opening in the rocks where a coyote had burrowed into the earth in a blank spot between four large boulders.