Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-26-2018, 06:25 PM

The little tyke was learning just how fun it was to burst into an open run, and eat up the ground beneath her. It even actually worked for a short time, before her big paws tripped her, over dirt, rocks, or simply air seemed to do the trick, and then she would go flying forward and eating dirt. It was hardly an appropriate way to see a god, and every time it happened, it only fueled her to try harder, and do better.

She ended up a little ways from the den as she tried sprint after sprint, attempting to force her legs to understand what she wanted from them. Some part of her, no matter how lost in adventuring she got, always kept tabs on how far she wondered, so she would never break the rules. For an adventurous, mischievous child, it was strange how she had set herself to the rules with the same determination that others might attempt to break them.

No matter that she might be young, she understood early on that she needed to set lines in the dirt for herself. One of those lines consisted of being a god, and what it meant for her right now. That led to a tangled mess of understanding that she needed to make her parents proud, and prove herself to the world. She needed to both be independent and strong, and keep her parents happy. It wasn’t an easy line to walk, but she had determination in every bit of her body, so perhaps she would make it work.

As she got the hang of running in a straight line with only minor turbulence, she started to add new feathers to her learning experience. She ran straight, and then the bend around a tree, that often left her skidding in the dirt, panting and exhilarated even as she failed pass after pass.

"Speech"

Art by pimsri
[Image: mZorPt0.png?1]
Fel can often be a very...mature character. Be aware.

Seiran

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Monster
09-09-2018, 06:56 PM
Living in a new place was... odd. Seiran was still trying to adjust to seeing the cathedral and creek every day and all the vegetation that came with it. The canyon had never been so lush, even in the slightly greener time before the flood. She missed the smell of the sandstone walls after a light drizzle, the sounds of prey animals scaling their way up and down the loose rocks with expert movements, and most of all her comfortable den with her mother and brother always reliably present. Today though she'd decided that rather than getting lost in her own woes she would go try to be productive for once. Razi wouldn't like to see her kids sitting around being useless when their family took them in, and while there was a nagging concern about the fate of her mother, Seiran chose to act as though she might return and not disappoint her should that be the case.

Clutched in her jaws as she entered the cathedral was a small bundle of plants she meant to study. At the moment only a few herbs made the list of what she was familiar with, so she'd decided to take some of them and practice drying them out. Well, after she found someone to elaborate on how exactly that was actually done. Wandering through the shadowy territory, Seiran was remaining ever hopeful that she'd bump into someone when the sound of little paws racing around nearby caught her interest. Slipping through the brush, Seiran found herself staring at a girl a bit younger than herself who was running at top speed back and forth.

A brow raised, she couldn't help but creep a few paces closer, leaning against an old stump so she could comfortably watch the girl who seemed to be struggling to multitask. Running and turning at the same time wasn't something Seiran ever really decided to practice, but she was fairly certain she could accomplish it with more grace than this younger relative. After watching another failed pass, Seiran winced and called out, "You need to shift your weight more, or you're never going to make that."

Fel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-09-2018, 07:15 PM

She hadn’t realised she had gained an audience. It wasn’t until, as she failed another pass and a voice called out, that she would look up and see the black-gold of the stranger. Panting a little, she picked herself up out of the dirt, and her pride with it. Shaking out her coat, she bounced on her paws a little, considering the words of the other. Shift her weight? That implied there was more to this then just moving her paws. She puffed out her chest, and got her tired paws moving again. She ran the corner, moving her paws, and her weight which she managed to do at the same time, and sprinted around the bend, curving around it successfully, and came to a stop just in front of the stranger.

She let out a whoop of delight, bright red eyes dancing as she grinned at the other girl. She had seen Fel fail, but she had also seen Fel success, so she wasn’t too worried about that. “Good advice. What are you holding there?” she wondered, pointing at the bundle in Seiran’s mouth. The smell reminded her of her mother's den, her healer-mother always had a collection around, and the scents to Fel meant home. Serene had even begun to grow her own herb garden. Fel loved to sit at her mother’s feet, getting in the way more than being helpful, as their mother tended to the herbs.

"Speech"

Art by pimsri

Seiran

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Monster
09-15-2018, 11:31 PM
Seiran looked on as the younger girl was quick to put Seiran's suggestion to the test. Naturally, it helped a great deal and the girl went skidding around the turn without taking a tumble this time. The cheers and joy from the onyx-pelted girl managed to draw a thin smile from Seiran as she shrugged as nonchalantly as possible and replied, "Naturally," basking in the moment which Sei was quick to take on as mostly her success since she'd made it possible for the girl to even make that turn before becoming entirely plastered with dirt from all the falls she'd have likely endured before managing it alone.

"Horsetail, dandelion, and marigold. For wounds. I'm learning all about healing, so I'm practicing gathering my own herbs." Her reply was quick, and this time her voice had a little more enthusiasm - and probably a bit less of a self-absorbed feel to it - at the change of topic. Her mom was a healer, at least for a long time, so of course both of Razi's children felt that inclination as well. Seating herself, Seiran studied the girl again for a moment. This was one of Malleus' kids, she should have smelled that right away. The kid seemed to take after her sire in looks. Hmm.

"I'm Seiran, what's your name?"

Fel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-17-2018, 04:46 PM

Still exhilarated from her run, the younger wolf let her tongue loll from between her teeth, her sides heaving, both from excitement and from the exercise. Unaware of the vanity going on in the other girls mind, she simply grinned as the stranger replied, before turning to the herbs Fel had pointed out. The pup nodded her head, the names sounded slightly familiar, but it was the scents that drew her memory more. These herbs where in her mother’s garden. Fel had even destroyed a dandelion by mistake when she had helped her mother tend to them.

“Thats pretty cool. Are you going to grow your own garden too, like my mum?” Fel wanted to know. It made her wonder how many healers where in the pack, did they all have their own gardens? It must be a real hassle for the healers to make this move that her Da wanted.

She recognised the enthusiasm in the other wolfs voice, it was the same kind her and her siblings used when found all the monsters of the forest and vanquished them together. They loved to play fight, Fel and her siblings. She wondered if Serene was disappointed that they leaned more towards battle then healing.

“I’m Fel.” she paused, and scuffed a paw in the dirt, that wasn’t the way she was suppose to introduce herself. “Least that’s what my siblings call me. I’m Felicity Abraxa’s” she amended, saying her full name with the kind of pride expected of her.

"Speech"

Art by pimsri

Seiran

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Monster
10-07-2018, 12:02 PM
The girl asked if she was going to grow a garden... That wasn't a concept that Seiran was terribly familiar with, but gardening in the canyon would have been an exercise in futility considering they didn't have any real soil for herbs. Still, not wanting to seem like she'd be a sub par healer, Seiran figured the right answer was yes and would respond accordingly. "Eventually I might, but there's lots to learn first and I don't have a good spot," she responded cooly, feeling pretty good about that answer.

Filing this new younger relatives name away in case it was important for later, Seiran nodded and with a thin smile said, "Nice to meet you, Fel. So, what're you gunna do when you grow up?" now that she'd divulged her interest in healing it only seemed right to know more about what the other girl was gunna be doing. Someday they'd be the grown ups here, so Sei thought it was smart to know who was working towards what jobs before they got there. If she knew who the warriors and hunters were, then she'd know who might be available as practice dummies for poultices and things. And for other healers, well, she'd know who to be better than.

Fel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Felicity nodded in understand, that made a lot of sense to her. It wasn’t easy to keep a herb garden alive, she had seen that, helping her mother pull weeds from their path. So, it made sense that a good spot was just as important too, right? “I can help you look sometime, if you like?” she offered. She didn’t know much about herbs, but she was happy to put the little bit she did to good use.

“I feel like my mum would be happy if one of us got into healing, but I want to be a warrior. Me and my siblings get a little competitive when it comes to fighting, and I can’t imagine any of us becoming anything else.’ she admitted, through she hadn’t given the future too much thought beyond making her parents proud. She would probably learn a little about healing to keep her mother happy, and as something to do with the golden woman, their precious time together tending to the herbs was a cherished moment for Felicity,

Seiran

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Monster
10-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Shrugging, Seiran gave a little nod. "Sure, that'd be cool." Honestly Seiran had no idea where to look. Maybe going on an expedition to search for spots would be good. Oooh, and she should check out this existing garden so she knew what she was doing. Wouldn't be good to look like she had no clue what she was even searching for.

After a moment of contemplation, Sei gave the girl a smile that was a little warmer than she really felt. "She probably also just doesn't want you guys getting hurt. Maybe someday I'll help patch you up though." Who knew, she could even end up apprenticing with Fel's mother one day. That would be interesting. Seiran would have to be sure to learn all about the garden stuff then, that way she could make her own, even better garden. "If you ever get bored of practicing with your siblings, maybe eventually we could do a spar. I'd like to learn a little fighting."

Fel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-30-2018, 06:43 PM
Felicity beamed at her new friend, proud of the progress they had made together, she hadn’t interacted with many pack wolves yet outside of her immediate family. It was easy to get wrapped up in play with her siblings, or learning from her parents. Of course, there was a world outside all of that, as well.

“Great!” Fel added, pleased that Seiran would be happy for the help. It only made sense, since she had helped Fel get the hang on her mad sprint around the tree. “You’ll probably get plenty of experience between me and my siblings” Fel agreed with a laugh, not to sure what say about her mother’s worry. It was likely true, but she had enough to worry about pleasing her parents without adding that into the mix.

“That could be fun, in the meantime, did you want to hunt some squirrels? My brother found a nest of them a day ago and hasn’t gotten rid of them all yet.” she explained.