gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-16-2018, 12:26 AM
Together Odysseus and Olafur had spent the better part of a day looking at potential dens. In the end though they'd settled on the first one they'd looked at. The massive tree and the hole at its base were perfect for them. Odysseus could make his home in the ground while Olafur could do the same in the tree's massive boughs.

Now, one full day later, the hole at the tree's base had been transformed into a den big enough to fit the massive wolf. Natural shelves had been made out of the tree's roots along one wall and although they were still bare, they were ready for the trinkets and containers that he would no doubt accumulate. There was still the matter of collecting bedding, but Odysseus was pleased with what had been accomplished in a single day.

So pleased, in fact, that he was now taking a break from the work to catch up with his patient, who he strongly doubted would follow the instructions given to her unless both of her healers kept at her.

It was with chastising on the brain that Odysseus began to hunt around for Shaye. He wasn't sure where her den was, but he doubted he needed to know. If he had his guess she was up and about, and he was bound to run across her eventually.

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-16-2018, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 12:44 AM by Shaye I.)

Shaye kept her mothers old den, which backed up to the edge of the territory, near the cliffs behind the pack. The land raised there, and when she exited the den, she could see much of the territory. She wasn’t far from her den, but she was keeping nearby to it. Rhyme was running a patrol, and Shaye had already taken her dose of medicine and was feeling a little drowsy. Her leg ached, though she loathe to admit it.

Instead of sleeping, as would have been wise, the Alpha began a slow stroll through the territory. She passed by her sisters den, seeing her patch of growing herbs with a smile. She caught the scent of Vail and Solor, and surmised that the two of them where home. She didn’t catch a glimpse of Rhyme, but his patrolling could have taken him anywhere.

There where a few creature in their food cache, through she preferred to add to it then take from it. She would try her paw at fishing later, it required less leg work, and she turning out to be a decent fisher. She passed by the kill without touching it, and moved on to Serpent Plains. So far, her pack struck her as being quiet and content, and she felt comfortable with the idea of turning in for the night. Her drowsiness was getting worse, and she limped when she thought no one was looking.

She was about to do exactly that, turn around and head to bed, when she caught sight of the dark wolf, walking through the meadowy territory. She stopped, taking a seat so her limp was less obvious, and called out to him.
“Good Evening Ody, settling in well?”
she enquired politely.

"Talk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Humph. Odysseus had known Shaye would be difficult the moment he'd realized she hadn't told him all of her injuries. There she was, not resting just like he'd suspected.

"Indeed I am. Got a den dug, shelves carved out. All that's left to do is fill the shelves and make my bed." He didn't know what he'd be able to gather this time of year, but at the very least he could look for vessels for next year's haul. As for the bed, dried grasses from the thicket would suit him just fine.

He snuck a sly look at Shaye. "How goes the resting, eh? I'm surprised your scrappy little sister didn't lock you in your den."

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-16-2018, 02:17 PM

She smiled at the man as he looked to her and replied. Sounded like he was settling in well, and explained how his new den was progressing.
“Sounds like a good day’s work.”
she commented. Of course a warrior/healer would want shelves, through she was still curious what he would fill them with.

Inevitably, the conversation turned to her resting, or her lack of it.
“It’s pretty easy to avoid, just distract her with her coming wedding.”
Shaye teased.
“I was actually just about to turn in for the night. Your welcome to accompany me for the short walk, to ensure I really am heading that way.”
she said with an easy laugh. She was accustomed to healers who insisted on seeing their advice followed. She had known a lot of them growing up, had planned on being one, once.

"Talk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-16-2018, 07:56 PM
Odysseus' ears tipped forward at this new information. So the little healer lady was getting married, huh? Good for her. It took a lot of guts to commit to someone else like that. A lot of dedication and a lot of love. It was a noble thing and while he didn't know Vail, he was happy for her.

"Oh it's that easy, eh? I'll keep that in mind in case I need a quick escape between now and the big day," he joked back. The little albino was feisty and Odysseus thought it likely that she might get after him for something. Perhaps talking too loud again. It was good to know he could escape her wrath with a mention of the wedding.

“I was actually just about to turn in for the night. Your welcome to accompany me for the short walk, to ensure I really am heading that way.” He chuckled, then replied, "It would be my pleasure, miss Shaye. Now that I know your other warden can be distracted with wedding talk I'm going to have to up my game."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-16-2018, 08:12 PM

She grinned back at him as he joked about using the same exit strategy. She shouldn’t joke, she knew her sister was very nervous about the whole thing. Still, she knew her sister was going to love it, and her life after, so it was a harmless thing to tease about.
“You probably will need it, she is a terribly intimidating wolf.”
Shaye teased him back. There was a huge height difference between her little sister and this wolf, and his gruff nature was as different as day to night to her sweet, if a little sassy, sister.

“True, maybe I shouldn’t have admitted it so easily.”
she shook her head at him, but there was still a smile on her lips, and she rose to her paws again. There was going to be no disguising the limp, she realized, and attempting it would likely just get her into trouble. Ignoring it instead, she began to walk the way she had come, heading towards her den.
“So which land did you pick for your den?”
she wanted to know as they walked.

They moved off the plains, and into the rapids once more. She took them on a path that took them the back way behind the rapids, so she didn’t have to pass over them at any point. It wasn’t a long walk, but she enjoyed his company. Even if he was a grumpy healer who tolerated no excuses in his patients.

"Talk"

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Vail, intimidating? "That she is," he agreed in a voice that made it difficult to tell whether or not he was being serious or silly.

Odysseus zeroed in on Shaye's limp almost immediately. As they walked and talked he couldn't help but roll around possible explanations for it. Yes, it was possible - likely even - that she'd sprained it in the fall, but it was equally likely that it had developed an infection and the swelling was making the limb painful to walk on. Dare he ask? Maybe he'd lull her into a false sense of security first andd then attack - verbally - when she least expected it. Maybe then he'd get an in depth answer.

"It's here in the plains." Actually...

Odysseus looked back over his shoulder and sure enough, the top of the massive oak he'd chosen could be seen over the rest. He motioned towards it, then said, "See that tall oak over there? There was a hollow in the rocks at the base of it that I dug out."

"Odysseus" and "Olafur"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-17-2018, 01:58 AM
Ody would agree with her, his voice serious, but she gave him a side glance, and decided this was his humor. She took it in stride as easily as she took his serious expressions, and threatens to ensure she didn’t play around with her health.

“Good spot, not too many dens here, most pick the rapids.” She explained, she herself had, taking after her mothers choice. “I can see it” she agreed, looking up at the massive oak he indicated. She hadn’t known there was a hollow there, but there was always little, interesting things that seemed to crop up. It was impossible to know every secret of a pack, through she wished it was otherwise.

“Nice find” she commented, moving her gaze back to the direction she was walking in. the last thing she needed to do was trip, and have him think it was because she wasn’t following his instructions to the letter, ruining her recovery. She hid another smile, she actually kinda missed having a fussy healer around.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
01-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Honestly he was glad to hear not many had chosen to make their dens in the Plains. It meant (hopefully) that the territory would be quiet. Odysseus would gladly seek out his packmates for company, but when it came to rest he loathed being disturbed.

"The rapids have their pros, but I'm afraid they're much too loud for me. Not quite sure how anyone could sleep with them roaring in the background," he said with a low chuckle.

"Nice find," she commented. He dipped his head slightly in acknowledgement of the compliment, then said, "I thought so. The roots of the tree make natural shelves inside. I don't think I could have asked for a better place."

"Odysseus" and "Olafur"