Melanthios

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
12-23-2018, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 02:51 AM by Melanthios.)
Navigation -- Moontouched Cliffs

The red beast’s body moved under the night sky that night with little hurry. They strolled leisurely along the edge of the cliffs, walking dangerously close to the edge as they took in the scenery around them. It was a beautiful place, Melanthios thought to themselves. The moonlight fell on the cliffs in such a way that reminded them of the stories their mother Phoenix used to tell them of a place where spirits gathered and danced in the light of the moon. Was this such a place? Melanthios smiled slightly at the memory of their dam. They were sure their family was still doing well… The Kedieo Empire, while not well known was large at the very least. They wouldn’t be taken out easily… strength in numbers and all that.

Melanthios was oblivious to the first couple of stars that began to fall. It wasn’t until they began falling in mass that the beast raised their head to the heavens and watched them with a fiery gaze. “Would you look at the show the Deities are putting on tonight… Almighty Nox and Celeste must be pleased.” Melanthios rumbled, lifting a paw as they sat and reaching it towards the heavens. If only they could capture a star, they thought. Such a gift would be perfect for a potential mate, if they were to find one someday.

Alas… one could not catch a star.

No, they could only watch them fall.

""

Drake

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod

Treat 2019
12-23-2018, 04:48 AM

He had been traveling around with his father lately, the pair moving out of the North as winter approached. He had met his grandmother, and the boy wanted to learn more about his heritage. For now, he decided to take some time to himself. His father was sleeping in the den they found not too far from here, and Drake knew that if he needed any help all he had to do was howl and his father and his companions would come. Drake had never been out on his own before, even when his no good mother was around, his uncle had always been nearby to watch them.

Now though, as he climbed towards the top of the cliffs, he began to feel a sense of loneliness. He hadn't seen his sister for quite some time, and his brother for even longer. He didn't know where they were, but at least he had his father...right?

Something caught his attention from the corner of his eye, and he looked up to see stars shooting across it. Eyes widened in wonder as he watched, and as his gaze followed one star until it disappeared, he noticed an even stranger sight. He spotted a wolf not far off, and a very peculiar one at that. Her coat was red, and he had never seen anyone like that. He watched her with wide eyes before slowly making his approach. Who was she? Where did she come from? Did she know about the stars? He began to approach her with caution, his gaze never leaving her. "Excuse me, do you know where those stars are going?" He figured that was more polite to ask rather then 'Why do you look like that?' Furthermore, he wanted to find out if this wolf was friendly or not.

talk, think

Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Melanthios

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
12-23-2018, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 10:26 PM by Melanthios.)

The voice of a wolf younger than themselves drew their attention and Melanthios turned their gaze towards him. The beast gave a gentle smile, a look that was perhaps strange coming from such a giant, scarred creature. “Where are they going, you ask?” Melanthios rumbled, turning their gaze back towards the heavens. “I suppose it depends on what you believe, young one. For those of my pack we believe that when stars fall they returning to the Deities, God and Goddess of Foi. Something that only the Deities themselves can do.”

The red beast looked back at the young man. “It is also said that the stars are all spirits of those we love… so when they go home with those of Foi it is because they were chosen to be born again. A new life, a new body, a second chance.” Melanthios eased onto their rump, canting their head to the side. “What do you believe the stars are? What do you see when you see them shoot across the sky like that?” Mela’s fiery gaze shown with delight. “What meaning does it hold for you?”

""

Drake

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod

Treat 2019
05-08-2019, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 01:28 PM by Drake.)

Drake

“Where are they going, you ask?” Drake tentatively nodded, blue gaze watching with curiosity as his ears perked forward to listen. “I suppose it depends on what you believe, young one. For those of my pack we believe that when stars fall they returning to the Deities, God and Goddess of Foi. Something that only the Deities themselves can do.” Deities? He had never heard of such a thing, so he wasn't sure what she was talking about. He had never learned about Gods or Goddesses, and definitely didn't know what the heck Foi was. Hell, he didn't even know a single thing about religion. Nonetheless, he looked at the stars as she did, watching as they shot across the sky and disappeared into the void. “It is also said that the stars are all spirits of those we love… so when they go home with those of Foi it is because they were chosen to be born again. A new life, a new body, a second chance.”

His brows furrowed as she spoke, the young male trying to process how that worked. How did their spirits end up there? Didn't wolves just live and die and rot away? He wasn't totally sure how death worked...if there was something more than just rotting bodies. “What do you believe the stars are? What do you see when you see them shoot across the sky like that?” What meaning did they hold for him? He turned his gaze to her as she sat, confusion painted all over his features. "I...never really thought about it before," He admitted. He had never really questioned what the stars were, or their purpose or existence. He had never really questioned the world around him. "I thought they were just spots of light in the sky...though they're not as bright like the sun and the moon," But then again...he just saw stars shooting across the sky. Surely there was something more than he initially thought? "What is Foi? Is that a place?"

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!