size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
06-23-2019, 02:11 PM
My girl Valkyrie is going to be making a trip back to the homeland for a little bit and since she's going home to a land presumably filled with like-minded people I thought I'd throw out an adopts page and see if anyone is interested in bringing home a viking. Information on Valkyrie's culture can be found on her band page here and a little bit more info about the pack/kingdom structure can be found here.

Here's what I'm thinking. While there Valkyrie can recruit friends, relatives (descendants of her paternal grandfather Laufey Finnvi) and unrelated but equally ambitious people from the kingdom.

My vision for Hjarrandi:
I envision the band to be a loose collection of like-minded wolves. These guys (most of them anyway) do two things really well. One of those things is raiding. The other is whatever interests them. They can be crafters, navigators, hunters, mercenaries, heck, they can even be bakers and ballet dancers for all I care. All that matter to me is that they're loyal fighters when Valkyrie calls for them and that they keep with tradition. What I'd like to see them do is raid for resources/wolves and then either ransom those things back to those they stole them from or sell them in an actual marketplace that gives their goods legitimacy. These markets will also be places where they can peddle their crafts. Hunters can sell their snares/goods alongside the pilfered goods; so can the bakers, the craftsmen, the mercenaries, the slave traders, etc. To make this possible though I need all the wolves I can get!

The IC requirements:
  • With skill points being incredibly easy to earn right now, in order for your wolf to participate in a raid they need to have at least intermediate fight skill by the time Valkyrie gathers them together, so you have to be active and willing to work on skills. Without enough intermediate+ wolves we simply can't go raiding and that's just no fun.
  • Loyal. This group is meant to be a rugged but ultimately good-natured one. They're kindred spirits. They have a lot in common even if they're vastly different people. Most of the time they're welcome to do their own thing, but when Valkyrie calls, they have to answer.
  • I'd like them to be somewhat traditional. Disagreeing with some elements of their tradition is fine, but I do expect them to be familiar with norse paganism and the culture that's outlined on the band page. Valkyrie's culture does differ from traditional old norse views (the guarded acceptance of homosexuality for example and the ability for female vikings to legitimize their children if they were sired by outsiders is another) to an extent, but wildly different views and beliefs aren't acceptable.

The OOC requirements:
  • Gotta be active. I'm not asking for daily posts, but I'd like to see more than one or two a month, and I do reserve the right to take back characters who have been set inactive and those who haven't been posted with for 40 days or more, without warning. Everything non refundable/essential to the character will be claimed with them. So height, odd markings pass, design, and so on.
  • No excessively rapey/murdery characters. Valkyrie is chaotic herself but she will put down or yeet a mad dog in a heartbeat.
  • We're gonna win some and we're gonna lose some. I just want to have fun with this, I don't plan on taking this too seriously, and I hope that if you choose to join in you'll just have fun with it too.
  • That's pretty much it. Be active! No lunatics! Have fun!

Code:
<b>Name:</b>
<b>Age:</b>
<b>Gender:</b>
<b>Alignment:</b>
<b>Design:</b> you can either provide your own or choose from the ones provided
<b>Description:</b> site min
<b>Personality:</b> site min
<b>Relationship to Valkyrie:</b> 'Barely knows her' is a perfectly acceptable answer
<b>Reason for coming to Boreas:</b> It's the smexy viking lady, isn't it
<b>Occupation:</b> Hunter, explorer, baker, candlestick maker, etc.

Available Designs:
All of the ones listed in the first post here are available, including #4. I'll also be adding more later, but you are more than welcome to make your own!

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-23-2019, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2019, 09:43 PM by Theory.)
Name: Dagfinn ofláti Flindt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Design: https://i.ibb.co/vJsqSYX/dagfinn.png
Description: Dag is a hardy, compact male. While he may not stand as tall as some lankier brutes, he's built like an absolute tank. His shoulders and head are large while his legs are on the shorter side - all things considered, Dag is mostly a living battering ram. His base coat is a dark grey with black and lighter grey brindling, like a nightmarish tabbycat come to life. From about midway down his front legs, the fur gets darker and close to black. Like the roguish bandit he is, Dag's face is masked (with lighter grey markings). This lighter color also extends to his underbelly. Underneath both of his purple eyes are two dark grey spattered lines. They always make him seem a bit happier than he appears.
Personality: Always getting into trouble and things. Since he could walk, Dag's been causing trouble. Luckily, he's usually charming enough to wiggle his way out of it. Although he'd think of himself as a casanova, he's really your uncle who drinks too much at the annual Superbowl party and starts talking a bit too loud and honking the butts of all your family's single friends. His mother was a healer, and he studied under her until they reached the topic of psychoactive mushrooms. Since then, he dove deep into mind altering substances and hasn't looked back. He's not exactly addicted, but he uses his knowledge of herbs and shrooms to take incredible, days-long trips to fantasyland and back - and then peddles the same concoction to others once he knows it's safe. Dag, honest tradesman that he is, tests all of his brews and potions himself, and he wouldn't have it any other way. While he is honest, Dag still loves making a tidy profit. There's nothing quite like the thrill of a good deal, or getting the better end of a bargain. He is thrifty, conniving, and not above starting fights to get what he wants if it comes down to it. However, he's certainly no meathead, even if his stature is a little on the sturdier side - Dag is just always interested in what brings him the best results in the quickest fashion, and if that means throwing his weight around a little bit, then so be it.
Relationship to Valkyrie: Grew up together, he bothered her and teased her growing up - they're old sparring partners, and he'll never let her forget that he's bigger and stronger just by nature of being male (in a goofy, crazy uncle kind of way). He tagged along to join her in returning to Boreas, interested in any unique mind-altering substances that might be found and to further his brand.
Reason for coming to Boreas: to brew the world's finest liquor and 'shroom concoctions - he also harbors a tiny childhood crush on Valk, but would never ever admit it

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Dagfinn looks great! He's all yours, Rae. I can't wait to see him in play c:

Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Visitor

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
08-16-2019, 08:02 PM
Name: Remus
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Design: https://i.imgur.com/EC6JM0j.png
Description: Remus is a mostly dark gray wolf with underlying light gray accents, as well as a black overlay that span along his spine. This dark fur also stretches down to cover the tops and sides of his shoulders, forelegs, and hind legs, as well as the upper part of his tail. The black also extends over his head to cover the bridge of his muzzle and the backs of his ears. This color also adorns several stripes that trail down the side of his muzzle and along his ribcage and neck. He stands 36" at the shoulder and weighs almost 200 lbs. His scent is a mix of several different strands. The most prominent is that of a faint cologne, sweet and masculine scents mixing together with his natural musk. Hidden beneath that is a thick woodsy aroma, like the forest just after a storm.
Personality: To say Remus is quiet is an understatement. He is unable to speak, and therefore relies on his brother to do the communication. He depends on Rom so much that hes to the point now where they are inseparable. He's very rambunctious and often plays rougher than his brother. They may only be a few minutes apart, but he acts far younger than his sibling.

Rem is very flamboyant despite not speaking, and his personality is rather loud. His actions speak louder than any words could, which can get him in trouble on occasion. When someone threatens him or his brother, or just flat out pisses him off, he can get rather violent and aggressive.

He depends on his brother for so much stability that he often goes crazy when he's not in his presence. Rem has developed a very strong attachment to his brother, to the point of which both brothers refuse to leave the others side.

Outside his brother, Remus doesnt really know how to be his own separate personality. Its always been the two of them, even before they left their birth pack to roam as loners. Rem doesnt play well with others, though with his brothers guidance hes learning to get along and function not only as an individual but as a member of a pack.

The younger brother has a strong will and will do as he pleases unless directed otherwise. Hes stubborn and loves to fight, often starting problems where there was none previously, just so he could bite something. He isnt above calling someone out for their wrong doings, or even that dirty look they gave him.

Relationship to Valkyrie: Met her in the wilds and is getting to know her.
Reason for coming to Boreas: It totally is because of the pretty viking lady

Visitor

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
08-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Name: Romulus
Alignment: Chaotic good
Design: https://i.imgur.com/fpaD62I.png
Description: Romulus is a dark gray wolf with an even darker fluff of fur around his entire neck and mane area. This darker fur covers the underside of his muzzle and cheeks, as well as his throat. There is a small frill of black fur that spans along the side of his ribs, as well as the striping along his shoulder and foreleg. Additionally, there is dark fur lining the insides of his ears, the tips of his toes, and the end of his tail. His underbelly and chest are covered in a lighter gray, much the same color as his brother, Remus. There is another light patch on his tail, as well as on the backs of his ears. He stands 35" at the shoulder and weights 210 lbs. His scent is a mixture of several. The most prominent strain is a thick and warm cologne. Beneath that, there is a hint at his natural body smell. It is this scent that he shares with his brother, giving them something to identify them as siblings. There is also a twist of cedar and pine wood.
Personality: Romulus is very resigned and more laid back than his brother. Most of the time he is calm and level headed, feeling responsible for keeping the peace. When it comes down to the fundamental side of his behavior, Romulus is very courageous and will jump into action without a second thought. His first instinct is to protect his brother; a fact that he acts on without hesitation.

Just because he may be quick to the punch doesn't mean he is reckless. Rom is intelligent enough to think over the situation before he jumps into something dangerous. Often times he'll jump up, only to drag his brother away from a bad situation. If that doesn't work, though, you'd better watch out. He'll come after you with fury unmatched in this world.

He is very protective of his sibling and will do anything to keep him out of harms way, even if that means putting himself in danger. His twin is his life and the bond they share is the strongest hes ever had. Nothing could come between the two, and a part of him will always be attached to Remus. They are more than just brothers; they're like two sides of the same coin. You can't have one without the other.
Relationship to Valkyrie: Met her in the wild and decided to follow her.
Reason for coming to Boreas: It's totally the smexy viking lady

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-16-2019, 08:15 PM
The boys look great, Hidatsu! They're accepted and I can't wait to see them in action!

Tyranis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Church
08-20-2019, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 11:29 AM by Tyranis.)
Name:Sten Isneven
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Design:
Description:

Large, dark and imposing Sten cuts an intimidating figure. standing at 45 inches and weighing 170lbs he's as big as he is bulky and his usually hunched frame only adds to his frightening appearance. The man’s fur is primarily black with a silver blaze on his mid-back and a touch of silver over his scruff.  Faint traces of slate grey mark his ribs shoulder and thigh while his tail is largely black with a faint trace of silver along the underside.

His eyes are pits of ice blue that threaten to drown anyone that stares into his hateful glare for too long. His fur is adorned with several scars from various battles that only served to fuel his hatred with two across his forehead, two under his eye several bridging scars on his forelegs and a long slash of claw marks on his flank.
Personality:

-Idealistic-

Being born a bastard it was determined he was the by-get of Heimdall after a tryst with his mother. With his great size few have stepped forward to disprove it and no one else has claimed him as their son. With his divine creation Sten believes that he can see the future in his runes just as his Aesir father sees and knows all, although he will be the first to admit his mortal birth makes his powers limited.

-Solemn-

Often seen meditating or lost in thought Sten is as serious and patient as his name suggests. He is steadfast and often cheerless with a stern glare predominantly on his features at most times. He is earnest with his emotions when he chooses to express them and greatly believes in his own magic practicing rituals as often as he is able.

-Scornful-

His godly father not only blessed him with future sight and great height but great strength as well. His scar tattered body is evidence of his numerous battles and he fully intends to fight more in his time with the Hjarrandi. He is quick to anger and quick to escalate battles often relying on his great size to overcome adversaries.

Relationship to Valkyrie: Knows of Valkarie but has never been properly acquainted with her
Reason for coming to Boreas: Wants to spread Seiðr to the far reaches of the world

Tyranis has a melanistic king cobra companion named Raanee, and a half-blind raven companion named Moses unless otherwise stated assume they are always present

Although it doesn't appear on his tables Tyranis' tail has been docked  
AzagBeatPegasusRainRogdarRosemarySegarStenTornadicTyranisValanga<Volcanic

Odette I

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Sylvia 1

12-17-2019, 08:12 PM
I hope this is still open??

Name: Sylvia Ada Bjork
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Design: [Image: KbXKOh9.png]
Description: A blanket of dark chocolate covers her head and shoulders, then fades out to a rich wood across the barrel of her body until it is a light fawn color along her flank. The darkest of her coloring is across her face, to a point it is as if the color was made from charred wood. Despite this, light fawn brows are seen above her eyes, and around the iris's spirals out a lighter brown that makes her violet orbs seem to glow. As most wolves do, she has flecks of lighter cream mixed into her deepest browns, showing the several layers of fur she carries. These are mostly found around her forehead and neck, stretching to even her haunches. Shades upon shades mix her fine hairs, lines of dark contrasting against pale fawn, creating a beautiful array across her midsection. Her flank's light browns extend half way down her tail, then the rest seems to be dipped in more familiar dark chocolates. A splash of cream strikes down the center of her tail, barely four inches long.
Personality: 
~Ambitious~ Her determination to achieve her goals is probably one of her better qualities. She has an undying will to complete her goals and desires, and regardless how long it will take, because she will be ever patient, she will get them done. While her ambitions may grow, they will always grow for the interest of her pack and family. 
~Rough~ Like all in who share her beliefs and traditions, Sylvia carries a sort of.. roughness about her. While other females make take great pride in how well kept their dens and fur are, Sylvia prioritizes her training and fighting. She is not one to shy from playing in the dirt, but that doesn't mean she has no feminine aspects.
~Charming~ While there will always be those who dislike her, Sylvia can be a very delightful wolf, to the point some may think she is intoxicated without a drop of alcohol. In her mind, there is no need to have a foul mood if you can choose to be pleasant. Careful, those charming eyes might very well be setting a trap.
~Loyal~ Especially to her family, but even more so her people. She respects her leader and the laws they put forth, holding them near and dear to her. To be a traitor could quite actually be a fate worse than death to Sylvia. To those who willingly choose to betray their kin, the is no one she hates more.
~Methodical~ Hand and hand with her ambitions is her ability to plot out a plan to achieve them. Everything she does is with a purpose, sometimes it is for her long term goal and sometimes it's for short term. Sometimes the steps purposefully go backwards, and sometimes they just happen to do that.
~Flirtatious~ Males should beware, if you're even remotely attractive, she will be playful and make sexual comments that might be welcomed.. or not. While she is open to... open relationships, she has a long term goal to be married and settled down. Bringing honor and respect to her family. 
Relationship to Valkyrie: Distant cousins/families were friends? The designs look similar xD
Reason for coming to Boreas: To bring honor and pride to her family, as well as help bring Valkyrie dreams to life.
Odette has a Sand Cat companion named Cordonia, and a Welsummer Rooster named Dash. Unless mentioned, it is safe to assume they are not  with her. 

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-18-2019, 10:34 AM
Looks great, TeFiti! She’s accepted! Both family friend and second cousin work so pick whichever you prefer on that front.