size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
07-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Shaye was feeling her age today, as she moved through the plains and to the Moontouched Cliffs. It was beautiful here, she could look out and see the ocean, and feel how vast the world was. How there could be infinite possibilities beyond the horizon. It left her remembering her past, and seeing good, and a lot of bad. She thought of her parents, of leaving them, and never seeing them again before they died. She thought of Rhyme, and well she knew she would always love him, she would never seek to have anything more with him again.

Their children where beautiful, but they never should have been had with Rhyme. She did not regret them, but she still questions what consequences might come from mingling the family line.

She thought of how she had wished for someone to share her life with, and how the chances of finding such a man seemed less and less likely each day. Acere sprang to mind, but their differences where too vast, and their lives now too different. No, she respected him, but she could see nothing coming from that line of thought. Odysseus? He was a handsome man, and his calm demeanor had seen her through some trying times, but she did not feel a spark had ever passed between them.

She sighed, shuffling against the grass until she was comfortable, and she could watch the late sun as it moved slowly through the sky. Where had her life gone?

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
07-06-2019, 07:17 PM

Odysseus padded quietly through the plains on the way to his den. It had been a long day. A productive one for sure, but long all the same. He was still getting used to life with Noir. Olafur had been one thing to adjust to, but Noir was something else entirely. Odysseus felt like he had to be on his best behavior at all times. While it was silly - and he knew it was silly - to think that one wrong move on his part would turn the boy away from Abaven for good, that thought was always at the back of his mind. Odysseus hated the thought of losing the boy.

The root of that fear was simple: he wanted Noir to be better than he was at that age. Knowing now what his actions had cost him hurt Odysseus more than he would ever admit.

Odysseus' thoughts were fixed firmly on that pensive line when he literally stumbled across Shaye laying in the tall grass. He spied her at the last possible second and was forced to half step, half hop over her to avoid stepping on her. "Oh," he breathed apologetically as he went over.

After a beat (once he was all the way over) he apologized properly. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Thinking too hard to pay attention, I suppose."

"Odysseus" and "Olafur"  

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
07-06-2019, 11:00 PM

She wasn’t expecting one of the men on her mind to find her, or rather, to trip spectacularly over her. With the momentum he already had, his only chosen was to finish him climb over her and she shuffled uncomfortably. Heat burned in her cheeks, both at the way they were meeting today, and the manner in which he had been on her mind just a moment ago.

He managed to awkwardly shuffle over her, his surprised ‘oh’ reflected in her face as she looked up at him. “I didn’t hear or see you either, I fear I was also lost in my thoughts.” she explained, hoping the heat wasn’t overly showing in her face. Odysseus was one of the few wolves who towered over her when he was standing, so like this, she practically had to crane her neck to see into his gentle garnet eyes.

She cleared her throat, trying to move on, and would speak. “Was something troubling you, then?” she would ask. It wasn’t just a distraction, she was genuinely curious. Anything that worried her calm Beta, worried her as well.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.