Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-18-2019, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2019, 09:23 PM by Lucretia.)

Their daily check-ins had become sacred time for Lucretia. Watching Deathbelle grow, day by day, was an exquisite experience. It had her kicking herself for lack of an apprentice; this was the kind of teachable moment that led to prodigal abilities. Alas, it was hers to enjoy alone. Banshee, even if she was interested in apprenticing, was far too young to be able to accompany her to these meetings. The privacy she shared with the Empress, though, did have its own benefits. It allowed the sisters a chance to share their future hopes for the pack, commiserate over their siblings and how they were adjusting, and a safe space to vent their frustrations.

Luce was deep in her den tending to an injured owl around the time Deathbelle usually arrived. Typically the shaman was prepared with measured honey tonics in small gourds and a small sampling of other herbs and berries for Deathbelle to peruse while they spoke, but she had become engrossed in an elaborate wing splint. Bones fascinated Luce, particularly their resilience. It was surprising what you could break and then mend. The bird had been dosed with a mild sedative, making it easier to work with. Many expert healers she had known in her time worked closely with more handy creatures - monkeys of various sizes, or other small companions that had abilities outside of a wolf's scope. Cursing herself as she tried to straighten and tighten the splint once more, Lucretia resolved to locate one such creature for herself.

"lucretia mutters..."

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
07-19-2019, 07:13 AM
Belle was mostly nocturnal, especially with the babies on the way, but she tried to visit Lucretia whem there was enough light to examine her by. It was later in the morning, the sun was above the horizon and Deathbelle finished her last patrol until finding her den and sleeping. Mostly because Luce's tonics liked to lull her to sleep after the walk back to the ravine. With how much weight gained already Belle was going to start telling her sister it was about time to come to her. She knew that would be the beginning of an end to her freedom. Once she wasn't able to move as well she would start recieving her restrictions. From Luce or otherwise. She knew the whole pack was keeping close tabs on her progress, everyone was ready to meet the new little Klein Princes and Princessess.

She heard a muffled curse as she appeared at the entrance of the den, it cause mismatched ears to perk in curiosity. What did her sister have for her today? "Luce?" Belle asked softly as dainty paws pulled her forward and inside. She knew she wouldn't be barred unless Luce thought whatever she had was a danger to her pregnant Empress. She could see the pile of feathers her sister worked on, but couldn't make out the creature.

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-20-2019, 07:57 PM
She had finally adjusted the splint when she heard Belle's curious tone. Under different circumstances, Luce may have flinched, but when working on a patient she was nearly unflappable. "My svelte Empress," she said slyly, turning to her sister and standing in front of the bird. It was a rather fetching short eared owl, and Luce thought that it might make a lovely gift in celebration of the litter.

"You're looking quite fine today. How are you holding up? Your little pet came to me concerned for your morning sickness; I had my doubts at first, but she's become quite the suitable companion for you," Lucretia said, stepping closer to her sister and revealing the sleepy owl. It would be some time before it was up and about, and Luce thought it was better to let the poor thing come to on its own. Less of a chance of the bird startling and breaking the splint, which would require yet another exhausting procedure. She really had to track down one of those handy creatures... "This poor thing was being teased by some young foxes after being grounded with an injured wing, so I brought it inside," she gestured to the owl, then focused on Belle to judge her reaction. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Deathbelle made her way to Lucretia’s side as she turned to greet her sister. The Empress smiled at the complement and offered a quick nuzzle to her sister’s cheek as she found her regular place within the Shaman’s den. Mismatched hers perked as she settled back onto her haunches and curled her ivory tail around her paws. ”Thank you, Lucce.” She purred at the compliments so freely given. ”I feel well today, the sickness isn’t near as frequent.“ Despite how tired she was and how much extra weight she was carrying around she felt decent today. ”Zee has proved herself a valuable asset, and I’m quite enamoured with her.” Belle offered her sister without hesitation, she was very fond of her servants.

Her attention shifted to Luce’s project. Usually at this point her sister was ready for their examination, but she was distracted by a bird. No, it was an owl. Belle had always been fond of the nocturnal predators. Belle seemed to light up as the bird was revealed. ”Oh, she is.” Belle was only assuming the gender of the sleeping raptor. ”A worthy project, I’d think.” Belle couldn’t keep her eyes from the gently mottled feathers, she was a gorgeous bird, pale on her belly with black flecks on her dorsal side. Belle was sure she’d seen a bit of shine from gold marked feathers. This was a royal bird, she was sure of it. ”Well, shall we hurry with our plans? Though I could talk about your find all day, I’m much more weary with growing my little heirs.”

She chuckled as her gaze was torn from the bird and returned to her growing belly. Deathbelle placed a dainty paw against her swollen side. She’d felt them move within, it was only a matter of time before they could be felt from the outside.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-23-2019, 07:32 PM
As Belle approved of her find, an idea began to further cement in Luce's mind. Once its wing was healed, it would make a fine companion for their Empress. That was settled then. She was glad that her pregnancy was coming along well, and she had to credit herself in part for its great success. Belle was carrying the weight well, but from the way her belly sloped, Luce thought there would be quite a few little Kleins rolling around in there. Certainly more than three. Had she felt them move yet? What a wondrous thing.

"Yes, yes - my apologies. Come and lay with me, I can take a better look at your stomach and we can catch up," she urged, guiding Belle deeper into her labyrinthine den. Deeper in its recesses was a large, flat stone tucked into a small cove and surrounded on all sides by shallow groundwater. Upon the slab was a collection of dried mosses and smaller furs from rabbits and stoats. Put together, it created a rather luxurious nest. There was plenty of room for two or three wolves - or one very pregnant wolf and her healer.

Lucretia disappeared and returned with a small gourd overflowing with honey. Chunks of fruit, dried alfalfa, and agrimony were suspended in the mixture. "Here you are, darling," she said, offering the gourd to Belle and settling down next to her Empress. "Now, tell me how you've feeling - pregnancy and otherwise!" With her eyes set adoringly on her sister, Luce laid her chin on her paws.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-23-2019, 08:52 PM

Lucretia was quick to usher her sister further into the den, a place that they could both relax into. Deathbelle had the feeling her sister and Shamyn intended fully on her sister falling asleep here after they talked. She couldn’t deny it was a good idea, her paws were already sore and a little swollen from the trip. This pregnancy was certainly wearing on her, however much she could find herself enjoying it. The Empress didn’t hesitate in making herself comfortable as Luce offered her another sweet concoction. It was no wonder she was gaining so much weight with the honey she was offered all too often.

"Tired, emotional, but I feel pretty good." She had been taking it mostly easy, slower patrols and maybe a couple less than normal. "Ashen is growing so much, its hard to keep up sometimes with the puppies and duties." She continued, finding herself transitioning to the topic she most needed to speak about with Luce. She’d talked to Seer, her closest and most trusted companion. It had been a tearful meeting, and she learned some things she hadn’t enjoyed, but his opinion was highly valued.

"I wonder, what you might think about a royal wedding."
"Speech"

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-24-2019, 11:23 AM
As Deathbelle settled down, Lucretia re-positioned herself next to the Empress' side, close as could be. "I understand completely. Unfortunately, it will only get more difficult from here, but you are stronger than you know," she teased. "Patrols are not my forte, but if you need anyone to pick up some slack, do let me know." Luce sighed and began to groom her sister's coat affectionately, starting at the ruff of her neck. Zee was usually attending to these chores, but it felt like the best way to spend their quiet time together. A true bonding experience.

"A wedding?" Luce stopped and pricked her ears in surprise. The idea was curious. Who did Belle have in mind? Had the pregnancy hormones gone to her head - was she finally going to wed Sirius? Nervously, Luce recalled what she had seen in the slave chambers on the night she had attended to Zee's wounds. "Ah, and who would be your bridegroom?" She asked pointedly. The litter between Deathbelle and Archon hadn't seemed like more than a transactional alliance, a shrewd move typical of the beautiful, calculating sister that she knew and loved.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-26-2019, 07:28 AM
Lucretia settled down beside her and Deathbelle felt comforted by her sister’s close contact. She sighed heavily against her Shamyn as she felt herself relax against Luce’s side. Belle placed her head at her paws and allowed her sister to groom her affectionately as they continued talking quietly in the den. ”They’ll be difficult, but they’ll be worth it.” She told her determinedly before mentioning the wedding. She closed her eyes, feeling the exhaustion of the day. ”Thank you for the offer, I may have to take you up on it.” Belle chucked softly as she leaned into Luce’s gentle touch.

Which stopped at the sound of her question. Belle opened her lidded gaze as her sister asked her for more elaboration. She had no plans to offer this information to any but Luce, and maybe Zee. She started softly, admitting all of this to herself for the first time as well. ”Archon, he…” She looked up and into void space. ”He’s become so much more than a contract stud.” Belle offered with an amused smile, her proper demeanor dropping so far tucked back in Luce’s den. ”He is so soft when we’re alone, and sweet, and.. I think he really loves me.” Her words were honest, if maybe a bit dreamy. ”I don’t know if the decision would be right for our family or the pack, though.”

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-30-2019, 05:42 PM
Lucretia thought on it. "Love" was not an emotion that was came very easily to her, but she could see all the other signs that she was familiar with: infatuation, lust, ardor. Could she be telling the truth? Deathbelle would never lie to her, of that much she was sure. To cross that boundary would surely signal the death knell of yet another Empire. Although both devious in their own ways, Luce made it a point to only share truth with her sister.

"I think devotees of faith can sometimes be more unpredictable and dangerous than you may give them credit for, sister," she murmured quietly. Archon's faith was still as of yet unknown to her, and an unknown quantity was a dangerous thing. "Love, I think, can be very strong. But faith is... strange. It moves wolves in different ways. I would just ask that you carefully consider his religion's part in your union - and the future of your children, and the future of Ashen..." Lucretia chose her words carefully. She did not intend to sow doubt, but ensuring the health of Ashen's future would always be paramount.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 07:21 PM
Was she viewing Archon through rose colored glasses? she didn’t believe so, but she hadn’t known him for very long. she knew he was strong, intelligent, and he gave her presents. He gave her butterflies in her belly and was so much more than their original intentions for their relationship. Lucretia was right though, she didn’t know exactly to what ends he would go for his god, but he never sounded like a crazed fanatic.

She appreciated her sister’s words, they were gentle but held enough firmness to prove her point. Ashen and the next generation needed to be put first. She leaned more heavily against her sister as she grew quiet, thinking on the advice given to her. A clear path was too much to hope for. Belle lay her head on her sister’s paws and sighed heavily. ”There is ever, much to consider.” She managed to say it with a smile as she closed her lilac gaze sleepily.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-31-2019, 06:03 PM

She could tell that the answer she had given Deathbelle hadn't been the unequivocal "yes" she had yearning for. Lucretia prided herself on being a shrewd adviser, which sometimes meant giving the difficult answer rather than pandering to the Empress' whims. It was a difficult job, especially when she wanted to please her so badly. "What if you invited Archon to deliver a sermon to the pack? There you observe the reaction of Ashen as a whole, gather some information, and make an informed decision," she murmured, nuzzling Belle's cheek. It seemed like a sound idea to her, and Lucretia had to admit that she was curious. Religion consumed the male's life, or, as luck would have it, his religion and her sister.

"Perhaps in celebration of your birth? On that joyous day, we will all be happy to welcome some additional words of wisdom on that day," she laughed. "Then, give it a month or so, and you can throw a blissful wedding - all back at your svelte, pre-puppy weight." It was half a joke and half the beginnings of a real plan. If they were truly going to marry, it would have to be a carefully considered affair.