size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
07-22-2019, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 09:00 PM by Firefly Festival NPC.)

Deathbelle lingered in the tide pools around the island, the darkness still reigned and the fireflies swarmed eagerly at the edge of the forest. The Empress felt an amused smile play at her features as her pregnant form waded out into the water. Apparently there were some pretty good fish out here. She had never fished at night, but knew there were many species that took to the darkness just as fondly as she did. Eagerly the woman made her way out to elbow depth water and stilled herself.

She stood silently and without moving for a long few minutes before the fish were used to her presence and began to inch towards her, curious about this new furry object in their home. Belle remained still until there were fish swimming freely between her legs. When the moment was just right Belle thrust her face into the water, mouth agape, as she sought to wrap her teeth around the fish beneath her.
"Speech"

Fished!

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Hela

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Pride - BisexualMammoth HunterPromptober 2019
07-22-2019, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 09:06 PM by Firefly Festival NPC.)

Hela was new here, never expecting to find such a place when she left her home's land in order to just explore. The place was surrounded by pools of diverse sizes and shapes, and she wondered what would she find here, and as she marched her head like always was high, like if a crown was upon her head. Eyes of pink were blank, but with a stoic air around them. The night was coming, who would think about coming here this late? Hela just did.

As she walked, fireflies adorned the nocturnal time, flying around her in the way of dance. Though Hela didnt say or reacted accordingly, she wasn't a child anymore, no dumb plays like that were coming from her. But soon her eyes land upon a familiar shape which was in the water. 'Fishing?' She asked herself on the domains of her mind. Not wanting to mess with her hunting she took her position a bit far from her sister's five feet on the left. Now she stared down at the water wanting to pick a target and with a killer's aim drops her jaws in aiming to catch a fish.

"Speech"

art and code by Cloudy

Fished!

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
07-22-2019, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 09:04 PM by Firefly Festival NPC.)
I'll tough it out, I won't give in

"Afi, wait up!" Why was everyone in such a hurry? The cat stopped long enough to shoot him a scathing look. "Food! Dinner! Fish! Keep up with me, your mind is as slow as your fluffy white assOW!" The cat dived under the bushes as Bryn swooped down to peck at him for his foul language. Álarr would've stopped to watch his companions going at it but the splash of water caught his attention as he slipped toward the edge of the lake. It was stunning! The fireflies reflected in the still water and every so often a fish would jump up to grab one of the tasty bugs.

There were two strange women there who seemed to be fishing. Curious he crept forward. "Hello," he whispered, not sure if his voice my scare the fish. Afi pulled up beside him, morphing out of the shadows the cat slinked down toward the edge of the lake, giving the women some space. Seeking to get a bit farther out the cat worked his way along a fallen tree trunk and urged Álarr to follow suit. He gulped this seemed like a bad idea. Sliding out on his belly he settled next to his companion who quietly ran him through the strategy of fishing. Oh man… so much waiting?

Carefully Álarr held his jaws open slightly above the water, waiting for a fish to try and grab a bug. When one came close he dived his jaws down into the water. Afi seemed to prefer using his claws to snag fish but Álarr didn't have that gift. Tyrian did but he sure didn't.

Fished!

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-22-2019, 09:12 PM

Her efforts were quickly rewarded with the catching of a rather large fish. Belle would have clapped with glee were she blessed with hands. Instead her tail wagged eagerly behind her as she quickly killed the fish and threw it to shore. The action bringing her attention for her sister. Belle beamed at the Klein woman as she joined her for a nice fishing adventure. "Hela, I’m so glad you’ve joined me." The Empress’s smile was bright as she was suddenly made aware of another wolf in their midst.

Her eyes fell on the young wolf and she perked her mismatched ears in his direction. "Hello, young one." Her voice was warm, though she couldn’t quite shake the habit of looking down her sculpted nose. "Have you ever been fishing before? Come join us." She invited him closer as she took back her stance to wait for the next fish. As before she waited for the fish to gather at her legs, and when the moment was right she struck again.
"Speech"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
07-27-2019, 06:02 AM
ooc: Sorry for breaking post order! With the unexpected funeral and my uncertain plans next weekend I'm not sure how much time I have to post so I wanted to get one in while I have time. If you prefer to keep post order let me know, I'll fall back in line!

Kat, would you be interested in Deathbelle giving Álarr a healing lesson? I figure it would be a conversation, her telling him about different kinds of plants if you're interested.

Álarr glanced at the woman who spoke and dipped his head in greeting. "Hello." He quickly shook his head as she asked if he'd been fishing before. "No, this is my first time!" Apart from bring pretty the lady also seemed really nice so without much thought he moved over toward where she was fishing. Afi eyed the strange wolves a moment before moving to join his charge.

Álarr watched the woman for a moment then tried to copy her. He waited in the water until he saw a flash of light of scales and dove down to try and grab. When his head emerged he noticed a number of interesting looking plants growing in and near the water. Afi seemed to be entirely engrossed in fishing so he turned to the two women. "My name's Álarr, I was wondering… are either of you healers? I want to learn to be a good healer and I noticed there are a lot of plants here near and in the water. Are any of them useful?"

Hela

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Pride - BisexualMammoth HunterPromptober 2019
07-30-2019, 03:50 PM
And there, with just one attempt she managed to catch a huge fish with her ebony jaws. A slight smirk formed in her lips, she felt proud with the outcome. "Hela, I’m so glad you’ve joined me." Was what her sister said upon her arrival, to which she nodded in acknowledgment. She could have responded but with fish now around her she didn't want to scare them. So pointing her eyes back to the water, she was ready to try one more time, but a cheerful voice broke with the silence. A kid had just joined them, she rolled her eyes as she hoped its yell haven't spooked the fish.

Sadly, her sister had other plans. She just invited the brat to join them. She sighed and focused in her task. "No, this is my first time!" She nodded still focused in the fish, and soon strikes the water but misses. A small growl echoed from her maw, but well she did catch a big one that was enough. So with her usual confidence steps out of the water, and looks down at the pup as they asked. "No, i am not." Dry and careless she responded, and slowly she would sit down.

(Adding code later)

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-31-2019, 01:20 PM
Belle raised an eyebrow as Hela rolled her eyes at the addition of the young pup. She hoped the abrasion was only because he was not of their blood, would this aversion to pups cause issues after her litter was born? She wanted all of her family involved in raising the next generation of Kleins. Belle tossed her fish onto shore as she returned her attention to the pup.

”I am, my name is, Belle. Who are you?” She offered lightly, feeling it necessary to announce her full title to such a young thing. Maybe when they were older… Much too devious of thoughts filtered through her mind and she shook them off internally. ”Over there on the bank, do you see that spindly little plant with little white flowers?” She asked as she pointed her nose towards the boneset.

As the pup looked for the flowers Belle would patiently wait for the next fish to swim between her paws. The moments were long, but the she wolf did finally see a school swim by. With as much grace as could be gathered she plunged her jaws into the water in an attempt to bag another fish.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-01-2019, 07:26 PM

One of the women didn't seem to pleased with his presence, her answer to his question short and blunt. Álarr wrinkled his nose and instead moved closer to the nicer lady whose name was Belle. "My name is Álarr Imperialis and this is my friend Afi." The cat looked up long enough to nod to the strange woman before resuming his fishing. He crouched down to look in the direction Belle was toward a small, wiry little plant with cute white flowers. "Yes, I see it. What is it?" He could gather from his previous question that this was some kind of useful herb and he couldn't wait to learn of another plant to add to his repertoire. It was also nice to learn from another wolven healer rather than a cat and a raven.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
08-02-2019, 03:47 PM
The little tyke seemed to warm to her, but it was not much surprise, Hela wasn’t the most welcoming when it came to those who were not Klein. She gave her sister another soft smile before focusing on fish, and the cutie beside her. ”It’s good to meet you, Alarr.” She said sweetly as she offered him another smile. ”That's called Boneset. I dry the whole plant and usually store it in tinier pieces. Don’t bother with the root.” She told him the storage and harvesting but its uses were numerous. ”Though it is deadly in high doses, it does treat fever, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia.. It causes vomiting a lot of the time, so make sure your patient it well hydrated. It also reduces water retention and swelling.” She didn’t know if he was going to remember everything she told him, but it was a thorough lesson.

Deathbelle returned her attention to the water and made another attempt at catching herself that golden fish.

ooc: Sorry for skipping you cloudy, if you still need rounds i'll keep posting with you!

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-02-2019, 06:47 PM
She said the plant was called Boneset and he nodded as he took mental note of the plant as well as how she dried it. "Ok, gotcha, don't bother with the root." That would save him some digging. Not that he minded it terribly but it made it hard to immediately treat someone if he had to worry about dirt on his claws. Of course he'd likely gather this ahead of time. He tried to make note of everything she said. "Alright, so use it in small doses. How do you know how much to use?" It sounded like a very good herb to help with so many things. Though he knew he'd have to be careful. It didn't sound good to accidentally make someone vomit.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Her little student was observant and eager to learn, he had asked for her to teach him after all. He repeated at least the part about the plant’s roots. Though they usually weren’t terrible to remove from the ground they weren’t much good. He went on to ask about how he might dose. Deathbelle finished off the huge fish she managed to catch and placed it on the bank next to her pile before returning her attention to the young man.

”Start with a bit as big as your claw, you can always give more but you can’t take it back.” She demonstrated with her dainty paws. ”The general rule is, the bigger the wolf the bigger the dosage they’ll be able to handle, or need to consume before its effective.” She offered as she waded back out into the clear water to make an attempt on another fish. Her eyes darted across the surface of the water as she waited for her next victim. She’d caught such big fish, where was the golden one? Belle struck at the water again, hopeful for another huge fish.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Álarr watched as Deathbelle hauled a massive fish onto the shore. She was really good at fishing. He then listened intently as she spoke, pleased that she broke down the information into easy measurements. Afi had a tendency to throw funky terms at him like drachm or whatever he went on about. He nodded eagerly. "Ok, that makes sense. I don't think my paws will get too much bigger." He was almost a yearling and didn't expect to grow to much more. "Unlike my brother. He has huge paws! Thank you for the lesson!" He settled down then to watch the women fish quietly for a bit. He'd go swim across and gather some of the boneset in just a little bit.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Belle didn’t really have any measurement containers, so eyeballing and using her paws and claws were what she naturally used when dosing her patients. Alarr was bright and offered a bit of conversation, he was young but he was close to being done growing. He’d mention siblings, especially one that was giant. She had her own giants in her life, so she didn’t much doubt the boy’s words. ”You’re welcome, Alarr.” Belle offered bright as she waded back out into the shallows in attempt to catch another. She was almost full up now. ”What’s your brothers name? Do you have more than one sibling?” She asked innocently as her eyes shifted over the surface of the water. With another quick movement Belle would make an attempt to catch herself a fish.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 04:44 PM
"My brother's name is Tyrian. I also have a sister named Torrent. I'm going to get some of the boneset. Be right back!" He eyed the boneset across the way and his little butt wiggled for a moment before he sprang into the water and started swimming over to the plant. It took him a bit, he was as much of a swimmer as his brother but with determination he was soon on the other bank near the boneset. He reached out to sniff at the plant thoughtfully. He put the smell away in his mind, trying to imagine and remember it. Through a plant's scent Álarr could be sure he had the right thing and Afi already warned him of some dangerous herbs that grew near the water's edge.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Deathbelle had her eye on the boy to show him that she was listening as he told her names of his siblings. She grinned even through holding the extra large fish in her mouth. She hadn’t realized what a good fisher she was until this contest. She caught the biggest fish, even through being pregnant. The boy Alarr raced away through the water to gather himself some of the plant she just explained. ”Would you fetch some for me?” She asked sweetly as she deposited her fish and waded back out into the water to try again. She mostly wanted to see if her streak might continue. She watched the water’s surface quietly, bright lilac gaze shifting until she to strike again.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Deathbelle had said not to bother with the root so Álarr tilted his head to the side and started chewing at the base of the plant. He worked his teeth back and fort carefully until at last he had freed the stalk from its roots. He turned to look back as Deathbelle spoke and he nodded quickly. "Sure thing, just a minute!" Álarr wandered a little bit down the bank to another stalk of boneset. Once more he set his teeth against the base of the stalk of the plant. He worked quickly. Despite a growing tolerance, Álarr was still not fond of the taste of plants and he didn't care to taste them longer than he needed to.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 05:55 PM
The boy was very much generous, as he severed the stalk of the first plant he agreed without hesitation. What a good boy. She hoped her own pups turned out like this one, but with the influences they had.. she wondered deeply what her brood would turn out to be. ”Make sure you rinse your mouth when you’re done!” She told him, not wanting him to be poisoned accidentally after harvesting the plant. Thankfully the water was close he wouldn’t have to wait long to get rid of the plant particles and juices. ”Thank you Alarr.” Belle offered as she returned to the water and made another attempt at catching that golden fish.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-04-2019, 07:38 PM
"Ok, I will!" He called out. Working quickly he chewed through the stalk of the second plant then placed it near the first. He quickly put the bundle in his mouth and then jumped into the water, doing his best to keep his head above the water and the herbs dry. Padding swiftly he swam back to the other bank and onto the shore, shaking out his fur. He set one plant down by his things then went over to set the other down by Deathbelle's feet. "No problem!" Deciding he wanted to have one more go at fishing Álarr stepped to the water's edge and carefully slid into the water. When he saw a flash of scales he dove forward hoping to catch a big fish that would impress his new friend.