size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
08-31-2019, 04:22 PM
Shaye walked through Abaven territory, the gently bubbling rapids on one side, and Theory on the other. She spent a lot of time with the young girl, cramming as much knowledge as she could into the clever girls head. The Heir of Abaven had a lot of catching up to do. Shaye knew the time when she passed on the pack would be steadily approaching. Rhyme was off, looking for their daughter with Poem, as she had bid of him, and Theory spent a lot of time in Shaye’s den. It felt oddly empty in Abaven, without the bright personalities of those she was close to.

But she had Theory here, little Theory, with her bright eyes, and big dreams for Abaven. “What do you plan to do when you take Abaven, what path will you take the pack?” she asked the girl as they walked. She was almost Shaye’s height now, she had done so much growing, internal and external over the season. “Do you know the origins of Abaven?” she asked then. She had told Poem and Motif, but had she told Theory?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-02-2019, 08:56 PM
"Which path..." Theory mulled it over. Was there any other path? She loved Abaven as it was: a hearth-home, a peaceful shelter for those who need it, and a family. It was a place to grow. "I want to follow the same path," she replied earnestly. "To me, Abaven means shelter. It means strength. It means family. We take care of each other, and that's important to me." Her tail wagged cautiously. Was this the answer Shaye was looking for? Guiltily, Theory knew that she shouldn't be looking for approval. Soon it would be time to make decisions on her own. Her words were true, though - Abaven meant all of those things to her.

"No, I don't know the origins," she admitted, looking away in embarrassment. The fire, Tana's death, Motif's disappearance, Noir's skulking... it had all happened so fast. There hadn't been any time for some of the more traditional lessons that she might have had as a pup. Theory made a mental note to commit Abaven's story to memory so that she could pass it on to the new young members of the pack.