Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
10-28-2019, 01:31 PM

He had finally managed to track them down. The Northern King had waited for the disasters to quell a bit before going to find out Abaven's fate, and as he suspected...they had moved from their original home. With much trial and error, he had found a few scents, but they were stale and ended before he could find fresh trails. He had eventually recruited the help of his nephews bird and Avalon's bird to help him seek out the missing pack, and in a couple short days they had found them. The pack had taken refuge on the Ibis islands, and when word was sent back to Winterfell, Ignis insisted on coming with him, but the alabaster wolf wanted to see how they fared before allowing his nephew a social visit. After all, he knew his nephews main concern was for Corvus.

Standing at the edge of the shore, he detected the scents of the pack, though the scents of Shaye and Rhyme were not as strong as they once were. He was not aware of the change in leadership nor anything else since he had left them to start his own pack. Tilting his head back, he called for the alpha and waited.

"Speech"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
10-31-2019, 07:59 PM

Theory arrived at the summons as quickly as she could. The islands were smaller than their home range and it was easy enough to cross the lands. Upon arrival she was surprised to find a somewhat familiar face. Acere had been in residence at Abaven when she was much younger. She had a vague idea that he had splintered off with his own pack, but she hadn't thought about it in some time. So much had changed since then.

"Hello," she said, flagging her tail to make sure he was aware that she was now the dominant wolf of Abaven. Once she'd established her position, Theory's postured relaxed. She didn't want him to think that she'd easily show him deference, but they were allied and friendly. It was going to be difficult to navigate these relationships with other alphas - she worried that he would treat her like a pup. Although he was years her senior, the last few months had aged her dramatically. There was an obvious confidence to the way she conducted herself, even if grief lurked in her eyes. "I'm glad you've found us. We could all use a few more friends these days," Theo murmured. He looked well-furred, even for the winter season. If his pack was further north then they had likely escaped the brunt of the eruption.

"I'm sure you have news, but I'd like to speak first," she said softly, her voice stiff. "Shaye has passed. I have been training since before the eruption has heir, but the disaster has taken... so much from Abaven. My time has come earlier than anyone would have liked. Rhyme is still here, if you'd like me to call him." Theory hoped that he would speak to her as an equal, but it was difficult to predict anyone's reaction to her words. She was still devastated but had hardly any time to grieve.

"Speech"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
11-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Crimson gaze rose to find not Shaye or Rhyme, but Tana's child coming to greet him. A brow point lifted for a moment before the yearling girl made her position clear, and Ace offered a nod of his head in acknowledgment. Though she was young, he had seen young alphas in his day. When she spoke, a quiet "hmm" rose from him, frowning even as he listened. "I came to check on Abaven...I know your pack was the closest to the eruption." He murmured. He had waited so long because of his own duties and then his new family. Training and preparing for Hjarrandi to request their presence to raid only...that had yet to come.

"I'm sure you have news, but I'd like to speak first," "Of course," Young or old, she was still an alpha. He would always respect other alphas as his equal unless they did things not worth respecting them for. But...he had been unprepared for the news she told him. Shaye was...dead? He felt a part of him go cold. They had been friends, though they had a rocky friendship towards the end and he had even held resentment towards her for a time. He had come to try to make amends seeing as how she had never tried to after he left. Perhaps the feeling had been mutual. She had, after all, gone back on her word with sending two of her members to join his pack and help him for a bit. They had never showed up. And then there was the matter of the slavers market...she had looked at him like he was some evil beast, but she didn't know why he offered the things he did. He could only assume what she had told everyone else, but that wasn't his immediate concern right now.

He wasn't quite sure how to feel about Shaye's passing. Part of him felt sad about it...part of him felt like he should feel indifferent. He was used to losing friends and others close to him. He had, after all, killed his own brother not too long ago. Still, he had to say something. "I'm...sorry to hear that. She was a good friend to me." Up until she wasn't, but he wouldn't say that out loud. He always considered himself strong of will...and he showed that even now, holding back any potential grief until he was alone. Maybe it made him seem heartless sometimes, but it was simply how he dealt with things. He had cried with Shaye once before shit hit the fan...and he told himself he would never shed tears in front of anyone again after that. Save for perhaps his mate. He glanced down at his paws for a moment in thought, "It is not necessary to call for Rhyme. You are the alpha now, and I'll treat you as my equal."

His gaze rose to meet hers, allowing just a small bit of sadness to enter his gaze for the moment. "I...I had come to tell her about my new family...how my pack was doing, but now doesn't seem like a good time. I'd like to offer my help to Abaven should you need it."

"Speech"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

11-03-2019, 05:54 PM

She offered a nervous, vacant smile. So many emotions coursed through her veins every day that it was difficult to manage them all. It was more important to keep her eyes trained on the horizon, always staying one step ahead. She owed that to Shaye and she owed it to Abaven. Acere's words soothed her, if only a little bit. Shaye had been a figurehead of Abaven for so many years - Theo was sure that there were other wolves out there whom she'd met and would mourn her passing. The thought that they might not ever learn of her mentor's passing made her heart ache.

"Thank you," she murmured, dipping her head gratefully. Treating her like an equal was the least another alpha could do, but she knew that these small victories would not be easily won. It would be an uphill battle to be taken seriously, but Shaye had believed in her. She would do her best to make her proud.

His generosity was met with an earnest smile. "I can't tell you how much I appreciate that," she said seriously. Times were difficult and knowing that they had an ally in the north meant more than she could convey with words alone. "But please, first tell me about your family and how you've fared through the winter," she insisted. They could all do with a little good news.
"Speech"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
11-13-2019, 04:40 PM

He nodded his head at her thanks and appreciation. It was the least he could do beyond extending help. He had many things on his mind but for the moment, he would push them back. Instead, he'd focus on her question and smiled a bit at the thought of his children...but it was shortlived. Two of his boys went missing, and Heloise went to search for them. He would be lying if he wasn't worried...so perhaps he'd request Abaven to keep an eye out for them. "I have a mate now, and we have five beautiful children. Three girls and two boys. Lumi, Orca, Winter, Whittaker, and Snow." He smiled with pride at the mention of their names, chest swelling with nothing but love and adoration for them. But then his smile faltered a bit before he sighed.

"My two boys though...I fear they've gone missing..." He didn't want to ask for help finding them, but he trusted his former pack enough at least..."Heloise has gone looking for them. And...as my former home and comrades, I trust Abaven enough to ask so...do you think you and your pack could keep an eye out for them? They're both simple in appearance. Whittaker is white with gray and Snow is similar but with black." He looked at her with hopeful eyes, but he didn't keep the hope there. Often times when young pups went missing they weren't always found, but he hoped for the best of circumstances. If Abaven had requested it of him, he would gladly assist without hesitation.

"Acere"||Winter

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

11-16-2019, 06:49 PM

She found herself smiling as Acere talked about his children. Finally, a happy family that had all the right elements: two parents and children who were well taken care of and loved. It soothed her heart to know that somewhere, even if it was far in the North, there was a "normal" family... which was why her face crumpled in almost physical pain when the Northern alpha said that his children and mate were missing. Was there no such thing as normal any more? Did all children have to suffer?

"Of course we'll keep an eye out," she assured him. "We've relocated to these islands and across the channel, Serpent Plains and Fontamo Bay. We're only able to partially return home," Theory admitted, folding her ears in a brief moment of personal mourning. Shaye would be disappointed, wouldn't she? "We have to see how the rest of the land has recovered... but if any puppies make their way anywhere near Abaven, you'll be the first to know." There wasn't much else she could promise him. They were already spread so thing as it was. "And... really, I'm sorry to hear they're missing." Her voice was earnest.

"I trust that we can continue to rely on each other's support in the seasons to come?" Theo asked hopefully, her ears perking just a little bit. Ace had once been a good friend to Shaye and Abaven, right? She hoped that they might maintain their alliance. Once the pack had re-settled (again, again, they were always settling) she hoped to visit some of the other regions and packs. Everyone needed allies, now more than ever.

"Speech"