gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
09-28-2019, 12:48 PM

Torin didn't exactly feel great about leaving the island in Eir's care but he knew he needed to the the first to go out looking, it was the only thing that would staunch his guilt. He's padded through the pack lands, unable to pick up any trails, though that had more to do with the extreme temperatures and layer of ash coating the packlands since the evacuation. So he'd turned to the next most obvious place to look, if any of the pack members had been seeking shelter the caverns just beyond the borders would be an obvious choice.

Torin gently poked his head in, allowing his eyes to adjust to the dim light. He kept his ears perked, listening for movement or breathing then slowly brought himself into the tunnel. He summoned his voice, feeling it bounce around him too loud... "Hello?"

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Valentines 2020Trick 2019
09-29-2019, 02:15 AM

She laid beside her father who was lying beside their eldest healer...the pair weren't doing too great since the eruption, and she wondered when they'd be able to make it home. Last she checked though, the pack had evacuated but she wasn't sure which way they had gone. The layers of ash and smoke had covered up their scents entirely, so she resorted to the next best thing. Taking shelter here until the elders were strong enough to travel. She listened to their raspy breathing as they slept, but she was wide awake. She missed her brother. She missed Holland. Did he miss her? She took in a deep breath, debating on whether or not to go out looking but decided against it. The inhalation of smoke and ash had weakened her aging father, and although he wouldn't admit it, he was in no condition to fight if he needed to. So that's why she was here. In a cave. With them. She wanted to protect them should anything happen...

"Hello?" Her ears perked at the voice. Though for a moment, she thought it was her imagination. But as the voice echoed and bounced off the walls, her head lifted and her heart pounded against her chest. "Torin?" She rose to her paws and hurried down the cavern trails, all too eager to find her brother and hoped it really was him and not just her imagination. Luckily for her, he was real. Her tail wagged the moment she spotted him, and she practically raced towards him until she could practically throw her dirtied body at his. "Torin you found us! Oh it's so good to see you! I was so worried! How are you? How's the pack?" How is Holland? she wanted to ask but didn't. Not yet. She stepped back, looking worse for wear. Her fur was dirty and coated with ash that she couldn't quite get out.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Art

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
10-20-2019, 09:20 PM

Torin strained his ears and eyes, a voice echoing towards him from the dim tunnel. Torin felt hope rise in his chest for the first time since the volcano had errupted. Kairi errupted from the darkness and as she rushed him Torin found himself doing the same until he was trying to wrap his sister up in an embrace, uncaring how unkempt she was. All that mattered was that she was alive, and from the scent on her pelt was with their father and Kestrel. Kairia innundated him with questions and Torin chuckled.

"I'm safe, the pack is safe... they're fine. I took them to Emerald Island." Then the guilt washed over him. "Kairi, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to leave you behind, but my kids..." He faltered, it wasn't an appology, not really, he was making excuses. "I'm sorry."

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

11-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Her brother embraced her and all she could do was push her face into his fur, relieved to see him safe and sound. He answered her questions and told her where he had taken them, and she felt relief wash over her again to know they were all safe. He went on to say he didn't want to leave her behind but that he was worried for his kids and apologized for it, and when she stepped back she shook her head, "No no, it's okay, we're okay for the most part. You have a family and I understand they're important, I wouldn't have expected you to not go with them, and I'm sure dad will understand, too." She glanced back to where she had come from, "I'm sure dad would understand, too ya know? But we're okay for the most part...dad and Kestrel are resting. They inhaled a lot of the smoke so I brought them here to get out of it. They're not doing too well but they might be well enough to travel and then maybe...Holland or someone can take a look at them?" Little did she know Holland had eventually gone.

She returned her gaze to her brother, quietly looking him over for signs of injury but didn't notice anything wrong. She was just glad he was safe and unhurt from what she could tell. "Did anyone get hurt from the eruption? Dad said that was the first time he'd seen anything like it...it was pretty bad, wasn't it?" She was mostly worried for their home. Would they ever be able to go back to it?

"Speak"

Art

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
11-17-2019, 04:50 PM

Torin wanted nothing more than to carry his sister and father away from this all, from the danger he'd left them in. Even as Kairi tried to assure him Torin couldn't help but feel guilty, afterall if not for him they wouldn't have been left to fend for themselves. He should have sent the pack on without him, should have waited as long as it took.

Kairi spoke of their father and Kestral, and he nodded his head slowly. He didn't have the heart to tell Kairi about Holland yet, he would need her to help getting them home, but he also silently promised he'd not keep it from her too long. "A little shaken maybe but everyone who made to the island is unharmed." He said, more confident in his response this time.

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

12-04-2019, 10:13 PM
"A little shaken maybe but everyone who made to the island is unharmed." She breathed a sigh of relief that she didn't even know she had been holding. Even now in this situation she worried about the pack. About her nieces and nephews and everyone else. She had been doing the best she could in helping her dad and the elder healer, but now that her brother was here all she wanted to do was go home. "That's good, I'm glad to hear everyone's safe." She felt completely relieved know that. Though she wouldn't be able to relax until they were all home. When would they be able to return home anyway? She didn't know how long the effects of the eruption would last and she doubted anyone else would know that either. "Well, I'm ready to go home...or as close to home as the island will be...but first, we should see if Dad and Kestrel are strong enough to go." She turned around to lead the way to them but stopped after a few steps, "We're gonna have to swim, aren't we?" While she wouldn't have trouble swimming herself, she was worried about the elders being able to make it...

Art