Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-28-2019, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2019, 04:59 PM by Chrysanthos.)
Chrysanthos collapsed in a makeshift den, tucked away in the Redwater Rocks. There was enough of a crevice he was just able to squeeze inside. His pack lay next to his side while Bolla curled up on the other side. A wet, wracking cough shook his body but he was too weak to lift his head again. He knew it was a respiratory infection that had likely devolved into pneumonia during his winter wanderings. He'd been separated from the rest of Olympia and no mater how he searched he could not find anyone from his family. He searched long after he should've stopped to heal and this was the consequence. He'd pushed his body to far and no he was too tired to really tend to himself. Bolla had done her best, using mint poultices and making marshmallow and comfrey tea but they were running out of supplies. In addition, Chrysanthos hadn't been eating. He had next to no energy to hunt and had been living off of scraps and the left overs of other predators. His golden eyes closed, he was just ready to be done.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Deathbelle might not have noticed him were it not for the awful coughing that fell from his lips. The sound carried, and mismatched ears perked towards the sound. The scent was completely unfamiliar, and instinctively her hackles raised in alarm. Dainty paws carried her towards the crevice turned den. What she could see of him was miserable as the way he sounded. ”You’ve got a long list of problems wolf, the one I’m most concerned about is why you’ve brought your disease to Ashen’s front gate.”

With obvious curiosity in her sleepy gaze, Thistle the short eared owl landed on the Empress’s shoulder. She peered down at the poor man while Deathbelle held a much more stern expression. ”The least you could do was hole up somewhere I wouldn’t smell you.” She added, wondering if he could be saved. Or how much Lucretia would scold her for being in the man’s presence.

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

12-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Chrysanthos was drifting in a haze, just on the verge of blessed sleep when he heard the scratching of claws on the rock, the tell tale signs of someone approaching his hideaway. His fears were confirmed when he heard a commanding female voice and he felt his stomach flip. Shit. How had he stumbled onto pack land? He supposed his illness had killed his sense of smell, his respiratory system was overloaded with mucus, it didn't exactly help matters. Chrysanthos knew there was no point staying in his hide out, his only move would be to see if she'd let him leave.

He stuck his head out of his hiding place, eyes blinking the light away. He opened his mouth to speak but instead had to turn his head and cough once more. He didn't have the strength for long explanations. "Sorry… I didn't smell… I'll go." He slowly eased himself out of the crevice. Bolla followed and he quickly shrugged on his pack before turning to get out of wherever the heck he'd managed to find himself.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-03-2019, 05:40 PM
He was rough, Deathbelle watched as the man peeked out from the red rock. His color was terrible, his breathing was labored, and his eyes had difficulty focusing. He managed to stand up though, an accomplishment in itself. However, ”If you leave you’ll die.” She told him confidently. If he didn’t get treated soon his life was forfeit. ”Stay with me.” She offered more softly than he deserved, but if he managed to pull through she could get some use from him. ”I’ll fix you up with the promise you’ll pay me back with your labor once you’ve recovered.” Her offer was more than generous. He would be a fool to deny her, and even if he did she wondered how much of a fight he’d put up if she wanted to keep him.

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

12-18-2019, 08:04 PM
Chrysanthos swayed on his feet. For a moment he thought the earth was shaking again before he realized it was his own muscles shuddering at the thought of carrying him somewhere else. He could practically feel them begging him to just lie down. Chrys turned to look at the woman. He knew she was right. If he left he'd die. He didn't have the strength or mental acuity in his sickened state to heal himself. She was lovely and regal and he found himself believing her words. What she offered was a fair deal. He nodded and turned, padding toward her. "Thank you… I accept. My name… is Chrysanthos. I…" He started to laugh softly before it was taken over by a harsh cough prompting him to quickly turn his head. He sat down heavily. "I don't look it but… I'm a skilled healer, and… and… I have no where to go." He might as well follow this woman til he was back on his feet and his debt repaid and after that, well, if he couldn't find his family he would need to decide if he would stay with this woman or just try to head back to his original homeland.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-19-2019, 07:56 AM
She wondered if he would even make it to the border before his feet gave out and he died where he lay. As he swayed Deathbell wasn't even sure she’d be able to get him into the sick bay and her herbs. His foggy gaze looked back to her and he was very much aware of the truth in her words. For a moment she wondered if he would accept his fate, and then he spoke once more. He would accept her offer. Deathbelle’s dark lips pulled back into a soft smile as he gave her a name and his cough.

The Empress pulled back out of the way, only a little offended at being exposed to his sickness. He assured her that he was a healer, and that he didn’t currently belong anywhere. Well that was good, no one was going to come looking for him. He was as good as hers. ”Welcome to the Ashen Empire, Chrysanthos.” She offered with much less of the harshness in her voice than at the beginning of their interaction. ”I am the Empress, Deathbelle Klein.”

She offered him her name and title, not that she suspected the weight would be felt in his state. ”Follow me, if you can.” She told him, worrying she would have to employ one of the bigger members to carry him. ”The faster I get you laid down the faster you’ll recover.” Which he would know if his claims of being an expert healer were true.

If he was able Deathbelle would lead him only a little bit further into the territory into a cave as well stocked as the lean seasons would allow. She would motion towards the sparsely furred ‘bed’ in the corner for him to rest on. Much better than the ledge he had wedged himself between.

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

12-22-2019, 08:56 PM
She recoiled and he quickly stopped moving. He'd never felt so disgusting in his life so he couldn't blame her for drawing away. His shame only increased when she stated that he was in fact speaking to the empress. Deathbelle was a strange name to his ears and an ominous one. "Yes, milady." He moved to follow her, trying to keep a respectful distance. He could feel shuffling in the pack on his back as Bolla slipped inside. He realized he'd forgotten to introduce her but decided that could be done at a later date if he survived. If he died he didn't want Bolla to be indentured to a pack for his own stupidity.
He wasn't sure how much to say, having little knowledge of how empires worked in this strange new land. How exactly was he to address this empress. Bolla stuck her head out of the pack and gently patted Chry's shoulder blades as the pair awaited instructions for when the were to stop.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-23-2019, 08:59 AM
Her new wolf followed after her at a respectful distance, he seemed to settle into his new role easily. Of course he didn’t have the strength to be contrary either and it was a quick trip to her chosen alcove. He stood awkwardly as she motioned to the bed and Belle stifled a sigh. ”Lay down here.” She instructed, placing a paw over the furs. He would be kept warmer here than the hole he chose earlier.

While she waited on him to settle down Deathbelle moved to the storage area of the infirmary to start him on his treatment. She grabbed a bit of comfrey, honey, and a tiny bit of valerian. She wanted mostly to get his cough under control. The honey would give him a bit of energy and the valerian would help him to get to sleep.

Deathbelle turned back to the sick wolf, hopefully he’d gotten as comfortable as possible. She prepared the tincture with a bit of spring water kept in gourd bottles. He was probably dehydrated as well. ”Alright, I'm going to start with this cough syrup.” She told him as she offered the honey mixture. ”You can drink it all now if you want to, but it might be better if you drink it throughout the night.” She told him as she turned back to the wall and retrieved another gourd of pure water. ”Here’s a bit of water to quench your thirst.”

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

12-28-2019, 01:31 PM
Chrysanthos followed obediently until they reached a small alcove and there he was instructed to lay down on a set of furs. He was quick to oblige, anxious to rest. Before he laid down though, Bolla helped him take off his pack and lay it aside before he at last laid down and wrapped his tail around himself, drawing his limb in close for added warmth. As his issue was respiratory he wasn't expecting her to need to examine his body, except for perhaps his chest and he could uncoil himself then. Bolla perched up on his pack, glancing cautiously at Belle.

Deathbelle offered him a mixture that smelt like honey and other herbs. His nose was too stuffed to make out the exact ingredients but he figured if she was going to kill him she'd have left him to die. He lapped a little at the mixture then nodded at her words. He wanted it to last through the night. The constant coughing had left his throat dry and sore and he'd need the help to get a reasonable nights sleep. Chrysanthos then moved to the water and worked to drink some of it, wincing as he did. Once he'd finished he looked up at his rescuer and spoke softly. "Thank you, I am truly in your debt."

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
01-02-2020, 08:10 AM
Deathbelle watched as he took her mixture and licked at his gently. She didn’t blame him for wanting to save it for the rest of his evening. She had no doubt this would not be the only syrup she brought for him during his recovery. His companion had helped to remove his pack, and the way he curled in on himself indicated his cold temperature. She didn’t put it past the realm of possibility that he was feverish.

She padded over to another alcove as he struggled to take a drink of water. She didn’t change her mind of her earlier assessment. He would have died had she not found him. Deathbelle pulled another fur off a shelf and brought it closer to him. Careful to avoid pack and companion Belle pulled the fur over Chrysanthos’ shoulders as he looked up to thank her.

”You are.” She agreed with a smirk as she pulled away from him and took a second look at him. ”Try not to talk much over the next few days. I’ll be back to check on you periodically.” She moved towards the entrance of the infirmary. He didn’t have the strength to run, so for now she would with hold her warning not to leave. ”Rest well.” She said instead as she moved to leave him to recover.