ardent

Would you be willing to move for a promotion?

Kat

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
03-09-2020, 05:00 PM

So he would never claim favorites, never, obviously he loved all his children but it couldn't be denied that he'd given his daughters a bit more attention as of late. But he wasn't about to let his son flounder either. He was padding near the border of the willows, searching for Lachlan's scent, hoping he was within the packlands right now. It'd be easier to track him within Lirim than to have to try and track him in lands he was less familiar with. Especially since he could safley assume Lachlan would be more familiar with them than he was.  

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Hagon
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
03-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Lachlan was a wandered, and it would have been naive to think he wasn’t taking full advantage of his new yearling status. He wasn’t so bold to have gone terribly far yet and his night trips were few and far between so when his father went in search of him the boy was within Lirim’s borders. Alabaster paws carried the average sized boy across his father’s trail. He hadn’t talked to him in too long, and knew Torin would want him to check in. Plus they had yet to decide on his rank.

”Hey, Dad.” He offered cheerfully as he intercepted the alpha on his path. Ivory tail wagged at his hips as he gave his father a grin. ”Looking for me?” He questioned with a tilt of his head. ”Cause I was looking for you.”

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
03-30-2020, 10:14 AM

If Torin had to pick one thing that helped to bouye his feelings it was hearing his children saying they needed him still, even if in not so many words. The idea Lachlan was looking for him at least told him that he was still needed by him in some way even if those weren't the words said aloud. "Yes I was." Torin said, he settled onto his haunches and took a moment to run his gaze over his son.

"What's on your mind?" Torin asked gently, he could take the time to hear out his son before bringing up his own topic, and if his other children were anything to go by there was a decent chance they'd be of the same mind in regards to the topic of their conversation.

Image by Hagon
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

04-23-2020, 06:58 AM
Lachlan was alone a lot of the time, he enjoyed the presence of his family but he was a loner at heart. He had an incredible loyalty to that same family though and the yearling remained close even if he didn’t reveal himself a lot of the time. He was confident enough in himself to go it alone completely. He wanted to be in his father’s pack. There was little surprise when he heard his father was looking for him, too long had passed since the two of them spoke.

The young Valentine was racing towards adulthood and he was still sitting in a temporary rank. Lach felt ashamed of himself, he’d been out exploring too much to progress where he really needed to. ”I’m sorry I haven’t been around.” He confessed, his normally happy disposition interrupted with his shame. ”I want to do better for you, and for the pack.” Tentatively his icy blue eyes looked up to his father in apology.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-04-2020, 08:47 PM

Torin shook his head as Lachlan lowered his voice in shame and her extended a forepaw to gently embrace his son. "You don't need to apologize for anything." He said softly. "Though your self-awareness and desire to do better is admirable, and a good quality to have." He gently nudged his son, trying to be encouraging.

"And I've not had as much time to give to you and your siblings as I'd like." He added, allowing his son a glimpse of his own vulnerability. The last thing he wanted was to build that wall that had gone up between himself and his own father, even as it was breaking down now. He wanted his children to know he wasn't infallible, and that it was safe to be vulnerable with him. "I was hoping to talk to you about what rank you might wish to pursue, or if you're unsure what it is you're interested in. Maybe we can help to give you a better feeling of helping that way hmm?"

Image by Hagon

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

05-29-2020, 05:36 PM
Lachlan appreciated his father’s encouragement. Maybe he had failed but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t have more chances to prove himself. He knew where he was and he knew where he needed to be. There was a goal and a path in that direction. The red marked boy smiled up at his father, even as he mentioned his own shortcoming. They had things to work on, but Lachlan felt comfortable here with his dad.

”I don’t know. I like to wander and see new things.” He admitted, knowing that to be in a pack was to have roots settled down. ”I think I’d like to scout, or patrol the borders. Maybe run messages?” He huffed lightly. ”What do you want me to do?” He asked as he looked up to his father.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Torin knew that he had to offer a soft, safe place for his children to fail. He wouldn't ever judge them for mistakes, of course, that didn't mean there might not be consequences but in this case, he knew he just had to offer a chance for Lachlan to get back up and try again.

Lachlan spoke about his own interested and Torin couldn't help but smile, he loved listening to his children, but especially when they were talking about things they cared about. His son turned a question towards him and Torin took a moment, he had a pretty good notion already. "How about the Nuntius rank? It's a rank meant for messengers and members who want to help map out the continent. You'd be working with your cousin Priscilla and I'll offer my help when I can."

Image by Hagon

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

06-05-2020, 12:21 PM
Lachlan didn’t want to fail his father, and he did his best to bring his old man pride and to do right by Lirim. He was a little hermit though, he liked his space and alone time to a fault. The first step in fixing that was to acknowledge it. He was shy and he knew he needed to get to know his pack mates better, but it was all so hard.. Lachlan ignored his shortcomings for a moment so that he might focus on his father and the position Torin had in mind for his future.

Thankfully Torin was quick to answer his question with what would appear to be the perfect rank. He would help to map out the lands of Boreas and maybe even beyond. He’d work with his cousin and his father was eager to help him where he could. Lachlan liked the idea. ”I’d like that, dad.” He answered with a smile and a wag of his tail. ”Is there anything special i need to remember?” Would someone be training him? Did he have free reign of the world?