Dove

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
04-07-2020, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 08:27 PM by Dove.)
D O V E W H I T E

The shade of the trees was almost indiscernible from dark as Dove stepped to the river, lowering his head to drink from the bubbling brook before him. To his right, waterfalls poured from the river that dwelled higher and, water dripping from his chin, Dove looked up, studying the glare of the slivered moon on the water's surface. It seemed cooler here, perhaps because he'd traveled a bit north in his explorations or perhaps because water was less scarce here.

Whatever the cause, the night-adorned man sighed and stepped into the running water at his paws, a hiss coming from between his lips at the temperature of the water. He bent to drink again as he gave his body time to acclimate before pacing towards the falls and lowering himself into the deeper parts of the water there. It was frigid, compared to the warm, starless night that hung above but as he reached a hind paw forward to tend an itch behind his ear, he forced himself to relax. His body rocked with the slight movements of the river he'd found, and he dunked his head beneath the surface for a moment before coming up again and shaking the loose droplets free.

A sigh left him as his body finally climatized to the stream, and he noted with quiet disdain the dirt flowing from his pelt, hard to detect among his dark fur. Nails dug into the soaked, malleable soil beneath him as he studied the trees and wildness around him. The wildlife had gone silent as soon as he'd found a clear path here, and so, the night was silent but for the brook, his breath, and faraway creatures.

He walks. "He speaks." He thinks.

Time/Place: Nighttime; Sunset Falls, near the bottom of the falls.
Notes: Studying the land around him, having a "bath" of sorts, and quenching his thirst.

Célestin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Critical Fail!Christmas 2019
04-07-2020, 08:51 PM

Despite himself, Célestin couldn't help but be drawn back up to the northern continent. Auster was where his new life was, where Pegasus- No! Where his daughter lived. It was where Philomena kept her den. It was where he'd rested for what felt like years now. But Boreas? Boreas was where his uncle and siblings were, it was the world he'd shared with Pegasus before the golden prince had abandoned his mistress and daughter, had abandoned him. Being in Boreas hurt.

And yet he found his paws drawn here. He didn't have a location in mind specifically but he avoided the west as much as possible. He didn't know where his uncle may have moved the pack in the wake of the volcano but he didn't want to risk running into them... and having to explain what he'd been through. He could only hear the rushing of water as he paced along the shoreline. He was lost in his own thoughts, his pain had started to subside into frustration, annoyance... though it was still driven by his grief. But he was growing more protective of his adoptive daughter, his mind full of all the ways he'd react if her father showed his face and tried to claim her now... could he rebuke the man he'd loved so much?

So it was he was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that it wasn't until he was nearly walking into the pool that he spotted it, and the man bathing within. Célestin back-peddled suddenly then, his ears pulling back briefly and brushing against the rose woven into his fur. "Oh uh- I'm sorry." Célestin stuttered, blood rushing to his face as he ran his gaze over the other man. If he'd had the awareness to be anything but embarrassed and wrapped up in his own grief he might have realized the brief oh shit he's hot that passed through his mind. But luckily for the rainbow man, he was totally unaware of the panicked thought.

speech think action
[Image: dxada_by_sterling_raven_by_lolaf-dccz5i2.png]
Célestin speaks both French and English fluently, hover for translations.
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Dove

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
04-07-2020, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 11:11 PM by Dove.)
D O V E W H I T E

Another sigh, one of contentment left him as his eyes tracked the movement of the water, the gentle swaying of the water enough to whisk him into a faint lull. Relaxation as hadn't touched him since his mother's passing settled over him in the quiet of the nighttime gloom, and he blinked slowly, allowing the need for rest to settle over him. It was then that he noted the sounds of another approaching and with sudden, renewed alertness, he stood, shaking his fur clean as the man's words filtered into pinched ears. His gaze landed on the man, and he . . . blinked. First, the wolf with stripes of ivory in his black pelt and now, a wolf with the color of nature's own variegation adorning him. What was it with this land? Were all wolves born with the gods' own touch in their blood?

Dove was about to ask just that when it occurred to him the apprehension in the man's gaze and stance. He regarded him coolly before bowing his head slightly. "It's no problem," he told the stranger. Dove glanced again to the waning crescent in the sky. He stayed where he was as he directed his stare back to the man. No ill intentions seemed to be the purpose of his stroll here tonight, and as Dove let his gaze fall back on his motley pelt, he introduced himself. "I am Dove, new to this land." His voice was light, not welcoming but there should be no consternation detected as he bore no animosity towards the man. "Do you know what these falls are called, per chance?"

The words were formal and questing for information on the new land he was determined to call his own. A light wind swept through the clearing between them, but it was not in his favor so he could not catch the man's scent. He stopped the frown before it came, keeping both his expression and his body relaxed. Frustrating, to be unable to glean every bit of information he needed to determine this situation, but it was easily dealt with. He was certain that the next few moments would determine if this man was friend, acquaintance, or foe.

He walks. "He speaks." He thinks.

Time/Place: Nighttime; Sunset Falls, near the bottom of the falls.
Notes: Dove hurriedly stood to greet the stranger, and upon determining that there was no threat to be had, greeted him.

Célestin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Critical Fail!Christmas 2019
04-10-2020, 03:10 PM

Thankfully the other man was more on the ball than Célestin, the rainbow man pulled his attention to the present. He took a moment to try and rein in his breathing, returning a dip of his head. The stranger offered an introduction and Célestin flashed a friendly smile, finally managing to keep his flustered emotions under control. He returned the introduction, his voice clear and chipper even if it was a bit forced, he still wasn't exactly as he once had been.

"I'm Célestin Adravendi."He said, then swung his gaze towards the falls, furrowing his brow for a moment. "I've never been here before but I've heard of this place before, I believe it's called the Sunset Falls. Though don't quote me on that." He turned to look at the other man again, flashing him another grin. He rocked on his toes slightly, unsure exactly what to do at this point, he didn't want to intrude on Dove's bathing but it also felt rude to just walk off at this point.

speech think action
[Image: dxada_by_sterling_raven_by_lolaf-dccz5i2.png]
Célestin speaks both French and English fluently, hover for translations.
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Dove

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
04-10-2020, 07:05 PM

The man responded in kind, both introducing himself and giving Dove the name he knew this place as. Dove nodded, glancing at the falls for a brief moment, visualizing the sun as it peeked over the horizon. How the water must glitter every morning. "That seems appropriate," Dove decided quietly, his gaze falling on the man again. His fur was still dripping wet, and in the nighttime gloom, the wind blew. A shiver paced the length of his spine, but there was nothing he could do about it now. He had, however, tired of standing in the water. His toes were numb from it.

Dove strode forward, stepping out of the water and stopping what he deemed was a comfortable few feet from the man. He shook his fur out again to rid himself of the last few drops that lingered. He didn't know what else to say to the man to end the awkward silence that stretched between them. Actually, he decided. "Is there anything you can tell me about this land, this place?" His words were quiet in the night, unwilling to disturb the smaller creatures nearby with his query. "I've not been here long," he reiterated, "And I could use some help figuring out where to go."

"Speech"