Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
03-10-2020, 07:37 PM
I'd rather be dead than live a lie
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha's eyes, usually so keen in low light, were struggling to pick up the terrain around her as she descended deeper into the dark cavern. Around her was the overwhelming smell of earth and within her was the stirrings of claustrophobia. She hadn't meant to go quite so far into the cavern but her curiosity had gotten the best of her. This cave was curious. As Natha went farther down rather than getting cooler she noticed the air started getting warmer. She emerged from the cavern into a vast cave system and before her was a flowing river of fire, a stream of molten rock. Her heart started to race. Had she some how gotten below a volcano? Or perhaps she'd found that the roots of Mount Volkan traveled farther than anyone realized.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
1KHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
03-11-2020, 11:12 PM

The dream of adventure swept the yearling north. He had explored some of the other regions but somehow found himself underground. Never had the one year old boy ever experieced such an odd biome. What engulfed him was the sulfurous smell of molten lava mixed with that of the scent of a feline. Plague had never encountered a cat before nor had he seen lava up close and personal. The sight of the vicious liquid caused a shiver to travel down his spine. With a gulp his thoughts traveled back to his father who had died in the grasp of Mount Volkan. It seemed as of late he had been reminded of such more and more but maybe that just meant he was far too sheltered within the packlands. Maybe getting out from beneath his mother's shadow would aid in his healing.

Plague thought about turning back to go back into the fresh air and save himself anymore trouble. But, the boy continued downward through the weaving black caverns and followed the river of lava. Hues of hell painted the walls of the subterranean caverns as well as his alabaster fur. Morbid thoughts of what it would feel like to touch such horribly hot liquid would feel like invaded his mind. With a quick shake of his scruff Plague trotted forth, attempting to toss aside his anxiety.

Suddenly the sight of another animal filled his vision. The feline that he has caught wind of earlier was before him. Plague took in a quick breath before offering polite vocals in their direction, "I did not think i'd find someone in this hell hole."

""

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

03-13-2020, 07:18 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha carefully crept closer, her tufted ears flicking forward. The heat hear distorted the air and she could hear the hiss of steam and the shifting of rock. The river's eerie glow illuminated what appeared to be a vast cave system. There were several smaller rivers of lava flowing into others. Or would it be magma since they were underground? Either way she didn't care to get too much closer. Her thick coat was already making the heat nearly unbearable.

Claws on rock alerted her to the approach of a yearling wolf. She glanced at him curious as he spoke and she grinned. "Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I don't intend to stay here too long. Far too hot. My name is Natha, I don't suppose you know if this is the same lava system that connects to Mount Volkan?" Since seeing the dormant volcano on one of the northern islands she guessed there were numerous systems of molten rock and she was curious to know which areas to avoid.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
04-11-2020, 08:41 PM

Forest green eyes took in the molten sight before him. Small tendrils of the lava river sprawled across the obsidian terrain. Heat bubbled and raised it's vision flag against the cavern's walls. Plague was aware of the dangers but now that he was so close he felt the desire to turn tail. But, the encounter with a stranger in such an unlikely place made him stay. He also had never spoken to feline before, it would be a waste to toss away an experience like that.

A response was given as the two grew closer. A polite distance was given but they were close enough to easily converse. Plague couldn't help but to eye the feline curiously since he had never been so close to one without a fight breaking out. Only after a few moments did he nod in response to her introduction as well as the question that followed. Plague had only assumed that these lava streams would be in direct correlation with the mountain that killed his father. "I cannot say for sure but I would assume they are connected to Mount Volkan." A pause. "How far do you think these rivers go?" They almost reminded him of veins. Like the lifeblood of Boreas.

Plague cleared his throat and shifted his weight. A small grin slipped across inky lips, "I am Plague, by the way."

""

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-12-2020, 11:07 AM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha took a few steps back from the molten rivers. It was sweltering down here, especially in her thick coat. She wondered if the levels of this magma river stayed the same all throughout the year or if like regular rivers they would occasional raise and lower. Or perhaps was the river here only because of the recent eruption.

"I don't know. If it's connected to Mount Volkan I have to say I didn't expect it to go all the way out here. I imagine if the veins go this far north then they'd go equally far in all directions. Maybe it's leftover from the eruption and will cool eventually?" She hoped so. She didn't care to see an eruption in person.

She glanced at the young man. Plague? What kind of parents would name their kid Plague? She was starting to wonder about this wolf's home life. "I'm Natha, nice to meet you. Are you from a pack around here?"

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

04-21-2020, 06:18 PM

Plague figured Natha may be onto something. Perhaps it was run off from the eruption. Did molten lava ever go away like water? He wondered how long it took for lava to dry. Would it have to get cool enough for that to happen? Heat filled the air like a gas, it seemed they both could feel it. He could practically see it in the air. It was not the conditions for something to exactly get cooler.

"It's hard to think we have these veins of lava running beneath our paws when we are surface level. It makes you wonder what else is beneath us." Plague looked to the river with a slight sneer, "How long would it take something like this to cool? It seems impossible."

Plague looked to the feline as she introduced herself as Natha and offered a question. "Nice to meet you too." A pause. "I'm from Ashen, we are located in the south. Are you in a pack?" He felt silly for asking since it was a cat but then again he did recognize a semi familiar scent on her.

""

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-25-2020, 12:01 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha gazed down at her paws as Plague spoke and she felt a light shiver run down her spine. She didn't like to think too much on what lay beneath them. She had a sneaking suspicion it wasn't just rocks and earth forever and ever. The volcano and the rivers of lava and magma were testament to that. "I have nod idea how long it would take something like this to cool, especially this deep down and protected from the air." She was starting to pant.

She shook her head. "No, I don't have a pack. We felines are generally solitary but I can see the value in having a pack." She shook her coat. "Anyway, it was nice to meet you but I think I've had enough of this place. It's hot and its creeping me out."

-exit?'