Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
04-12-2020, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 04:23 PM by Tyrian.)
The endless upward trek was beginning to wear on Tyrian. Oh, he would press on and be fine, there was no doubt about it, he was just beginning to feel the effects of the altitude and the long, unyielding climb. Tyrian had long since kicked Tashi off his back and now more than ever he was grateful he'd left Righty at home. The stumpy-legged skunk would have languished on the climb and even though she was light he wouldn't have wanted to carry her.

Today he and Alarr (and co.) were on a ungulate scouting expedition. It was partially an excuse to go climb a very tall thing while hanging out with his brother and partially serious pack building business. Tyrian was keen to find out what - if any - called such a harsh place home. In his experience if anything could survive up here it would be some sort of sheep. And if such a sheep existed he wanted to find out if any of the traits that made it a success up here could be bred into his flock back home.

His claws dug into the rock and made a irritating scratching sound as he hauled himself over a boulder. Once atop it he paused to let Tashi use his tail as a rope to haul himself up. While waiting for the exhausted primate, Tyrian gazed up at the path ahead. A heavy fog lay before them and obscured much of the distance. What he could see was more of what they'd already been through; a maze of narrow, steep passages and shoots. Absently he wondered, "I wonder how much further..." He blinked, then amended as he glanced back at Alarr, "I'm not complaining, mind you, just curious."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
04-12-2020, 05:08 PM

Panting Álarr followed after Tyrian. He regretted taking his pack with him as the extra weight was not helping him in this climb at all. Afi was walking along at his feet grumbling about this and that. Brynhildr flew along silently but then she'd always tended to keep to herself. Still, despite the difficulty of the journey Álarr was glad to be able to spend some time with his brother. He felt they'd both been so engrossed in their own hobbies and interests they hadn't really had much time to bond. Not that he really knew how to go about it or even if he was doing it right. Surely just enjoying each others presence was enough?

Tyrian slowed and Álarr stopped as well to catch his breath as he gazed up at the path ahead. It was shrouded in mist and try as he might Álarr wasn't entirely sure where their destination lay. He let out a sigh. "Surely, we've got to be close! I feel like we've already walked several dozen miles."

"Too blasted far, that's how far!" Afi leaned heavily against Álarr's leg. He had no qualms about complaining. He lived to complain. It was his right as a grumpy old man to complain. He leapt up onto Álarr's back and flopped out. "I can't feel my paws Álarr. As Master-of-the-Cure I insist you take care of me." Álarr rolled his eyes and shot a look to Tyrian as if to ask if his companions complained as much as Afi.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
04-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Tyrian waited until it felt like he was supporting all of Tashi's weight and then he swung his rump to the side and brought his tail forward suddenly; effectively catapulting the small monkey over the boulder and slinging him onto the ground on the other side. The langur, caught off guard by the "ladder" he'd been climbing suddenly turning into a slingshot, was sent reeling up the path. After catching himself Tashi shot a glare back at Tyrian, who gazed up at him innocently. No words were exchanged and the pair carried on; Tyrian feeling amused and a bit uplifted and Tashi mildly annoyed.

"Ah," Tyrian exclaimed after catching Alarr's pointed look. "Can't feel them, eh? At all? Sounds like amputation might be in order." He shrugged noncommittally, his expression innocent and not at all leading. To Alarr, he said, "I don't suppose you've had to preform any amputations yet, have you? I think I'd have noticed a three legged sheep, but you never know."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
04-18-2020, 11:56 AM

Álarr barely held in a giggle as Tyrian sent his companion flying forward. At his brother's joke about amputation Álarr lost it and started laughing out loud. "Not yet, Tyr, but there's a first time for everything eh, Afi?" The cat lifted his head and scowled at the wolves. "Ha ha… buncha wise guys you lot are."

Álarr stretched for a moment then started moving forward again as the fog got progressively denser. He turned and moved only six feet before he hit a dead end. "Oops, nevermind, not this way." He backed up before continuing forward, all the while shaking his head at the ridiculous paths laid out before them. Had humans made this absurd labyrinth? Was this some odd creation of nature? It was hard to tell until finally they made it above the clouds. A flat courtyard stretched out ahead and and a strange, ornate cave glittered in the sunlight. "Whoa…"

Even Afi was stunned, sitting up on his place on Álarr's back he stared. "Well, pinch my butt and call me a rabbit…"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
04-19-2020, 09:08 AM
The path they were on dead ended suddenly; the thick fog hiding the futility of their travel until the very end. Tyrian scowled up at the impassable wall before turning and following after Alarr. Zahir, his fanged snow leopard companion, appeared through the fog. Her dark form and red eyes jumping out at him suddenly even though she was waiting impatiently for the wolves to make their way back down to her. The cat was at home among the steep rock walls and fog, and so she had spent much of the time on the Maw doing her own thing. She returned occasionally to check on the progress of her less nimble companions but was more or less climbing solo as she lacked the patience to wait on the canines.

Knowing the snow leopard had been in front of them, Tyrian teased dryly, "A warning would have been nice, Zahir." The cat, nonplussed, shrugged indifferently and replied, "What can I say, you're faster than I gave you credit for." Tyrian feigned flattery. "Was that a complimen-" The scene suddenly opened up in front of them and the words died on his lips. Huzzah, the peak! It was not at all what he expected. What was this place? Clearly the stone had been smoothed and cleared on purpose.

Absently, his eyes lingering hungrily on the entrance of the cave, Tyrian reached out with a clawed paw and attempted to pinch Afi. "You're a rabbit, cat." He then padded forward to sniff at the mouth of the cave. It smelled faintly of leather and metal. Instantly his curiosity was piqued. Could there be armor in there?

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
04-22-2020, 06:56 PM

Afi yowled at the sudden contact, his fur stood on end and his tail fluffed up bigger than should have been possible. With a growl he launched himself off of Álarr with the intention of swatting Tyrian full in the face. Mid-leap though Álarr caught him by his scruff and growled lightly at the cat. "He started it!" Afi's ears flattened for a moment then he brought one of his paws to his mouth and began to lick. "I'm not the one making passes at creatures out of my league. Ack!" Álarr dropped him just as he'd been about to clean one of his ears. He landed on all four feet then padded off grumbling about the insolent youth. Kids respected their elders back in his day!

Álarr grinned and trotted after his brother and peered into the unusual cave. It smelt damp and earthly. His ears flicked forward and he worked his way into the unusual setting. "Wow, I wonder what made this?"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
05-01-2020, 02:07 PM
In response to Afi's outburst Tyrian feigned innocence. He widen his eyes and clutched a paw to his chest as though aggrieved by how poorly his joke had been received. "My dear cat," he gasped in a clearly exaggerated tone. "Did you not ask to be pinched?" Tyrian tipped his head to the side and took on a reprimanding tone. "I know you're old, old chap." He tapped his head. "Perhaps your memory is failing you?"

As Afi went off to sulk Tyrian took up roaming around the cobblestone clearing and poking around the cave's entrance. How fascinating! "Something big." How strong would a beast have to be to cut and move these stones? "Tashi mentioned there is some kind of primate in these mountains. Something big. Perhaps they have a hand in it." He'd seen what a little one like Tashi and Amadeus could do. Who knew what the big ones were capable of.

He shot a mischievous glance in Alarr's direction and then jerked his head in the direction of the cave. "Shall we?"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
05-02-2020, 05:23 PM

"'Twas a turn of phrase, wolf." Afi muttered to himself as he sauntered off somewhere searching for a place he wouldn't have to deal with annoying adolescent wolves. As he disappeared out of site Álarr just rolled his eyes and moved about the courtyard to explore. In particular he found himself fascinated by the sculpture that adorned the walls of some strange cave. He cocked his head to the side as Tyrian spoke. "I wonder what they look like." He stuck his head into the cave entrance. "Think there are any inside?" He wasn't quite sure how he felt about meeting giant primates.

"Shall we?"

Álarr grinned. "Only one way to find out." He slipped inside, senses alert for any signs of movement but the only movement that caught his attention was a fountain in the center of the room. He leaned out and sniffed at it but didn't try any of the water. "This is an unusual stream. I wonder how they harnessed it to make it do this."