size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
05-07-2020, 07:43 AM
The bear was dead. They killed it and offered up its heart to his sister in penance for her life. Roan felt like a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders, Dapple was still dead and nothing would bring her back to him. Life went on and Roan had to move on as well. They returned to the Armada, the bear’s head was cleaned and its massive skull was placed tastefully outside the cottage. A forever reminder of the lengths Roan would go.

Life could go on now, and Roan hadn’t forgotten his promise. The bear was dead and now he could finally make his commitment to Iolaire without his duty hanging over his head. He’d returned to her in one piece and now it was time for the next leg of their journey. Roan stirred slightly in the cottage, Io was wrapped tightly against his chest as he held her through the cold of the night. The day hadn’t started yet and they had almost an hour before the sun rose. Roan nuzzled and kissed Io’s cheek to slowly bring her out of slumber. He hated to disturb her, but if he was going to say his vows at sun rise, they needed to get going.

The night before he’d prepared a pack to take along with them. A few items to help with the ceremony along with their breakfast. Roan shifted from nuzzles to sweet kisses as he coaxed his love from sleep. It was an exciting day that he couldn’t wait to experience with her.

As his Wife Iolaire may enter any of his threads.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-07-2020, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 08:23 AM by Iolaire.)

Iolaire and Roan had been together for a while now. They spent their every days together and their nights in one another's arms. The small, dark woman was content in their daily lives and, though he had made his vow to ask her to marry him, not once did she pressure him into doing so. He would decide to ask her when he was ready. Rushing him into it seemed wrong to her, and she she would be patient.

Gentle nuzzling pulled Iolaire from her dreams. They'd fallen asleep beside one another upon the plush pile of furs and she was waking up in Roan's arm as was their daily trend. Blinking sleepily, she looked up at him. "Mmm, good morning." Burying her face into his chest, she yawned. Coming a little more alive, she lifted her head and glanced about. It was still dark outside. Arching one silver brow, she shot him a questioning look. What was he up to?

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
05-07-2020, 09:25 AM

Too much time had passed since the bear’s death but Roan felt like he had come far enough in his grief to make the next step. Dapple was laid to rest and he’d taken his revenge. It was time, today would be their day. Roan was ready, ready to tie himself to the woman of his dreams. The one who saved him, he’d give her his heart freely in return. Life was funny, but he wanted her there beside him throughout the rest of his.

Iolaire woke up slowly as he encouraged her into consciousness. He smiled softly as she blinked open blue and green eyes sleepily. This was no odd occurrence, and he wanted to wake up beside her every morning. She was his whole world and he would devote every bit of himself to her. ”Good morning, beautiful.” Roan whispered softly as he squeezed her lightly with her gentle affection.

He didn’t miss her confusion as she noticed the time of day. Darkness reigned. The silver marked titan grinned mischievously, ”Iolaire.” He used her full name seriously, but with a pleased rumble from his chest. ”I want to marry you today.”

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-07-2020, 10:25 AM

Roan called her sweet names and she grinned, but when he called her by her full name, she arched that brow again. The explanation as to her early waking was giving a moment later and she stared up at him with adoring eyes. Her life was coming together. This was what she wanted. He was what she wanted. "Well then you shall." Wrapping her forelegs around his neck, Io pulled her future husband down for a nice, thorough kiss.

Once she ended the kiss, Iolaire pulled away and rose. "I need to gather a few things." She didn't know where they were going, or if they were even going anywhere. Location didn't matter. She just wanted him. The obsidian and silver fae slid several items into her pack, including food just in case they were out longer than was planned. Once she had everything situated, she popped a sprig of mint into her mouth to freshen her breath. Turning to him, pack slung over her shoulder, the woman grinned. "I'm ready when you're ready."

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

[/quote]
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
05-07-2020, 12:51 PM

Roan melted as she offered up an adoring gaze and agreed with his plans for the day. She pulled him close and Roan did not resist, only held onto her more tightly. His heart soared as Iolaire kissed him, he returned the affection and returned her passion. They couldn’t linger there forever, and eventually Roan let her pull away.

”Of course,” he let her gather up her items while he readied himself. He brushed his face and sides up against the frame of the door as he tried to fix his fur so he didn’t have the appearance of just waking up. Roan felt excitement within his bones and butterfly like nerves in his belly. If he waited much longer they would have to have their vows right here. His future wife was quick in her chores though, and she was suddenly beside him again. Roan grinned back and gave one more nuzzle before leading the way from the cottage.

They didn’t have far to go, and it was still dark when Roan led his lady onto the beach. Any moment the first hints of sun would begin to be hinted at in the sky. ”My love…” He started as his paws came to a halt and he turned back to his dearest.

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-07-2020, 01:14 PM

Together they walked and by direction alone she had an idea of where they were going. The pair said nothing as they moved along, side by side, in the dark. Periodically she would brush against him, but mostly she was focused on tamping down the crazy, giddy feeling in her stomach. It was finally happening. Nothing would change between them, but the fact that he wanted to take this step with her just made her feel like a girl again.

When Roan stopped and turned to her, there was a tight feeling in Iolaire's throat. She wasn't going to cry, dammit. This was Roan. The man that she had been with every day since she'd saved his life. Nothing was changing except for a title. She always told everyone that titles didn't mean shit. Except this one did. This one was very, very important. Dropping her pack in the sand, the small woman looked up to her large love with slightly glassy eyes. She was ready.

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
05-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Roan had a skip in his step as Iolaire brushed against him affectionately as they walked. He felt as though the air was literally buzzing around him. He couldn’t focus beyond Io. She was beautiful, inside and out. He could hardly believe what they were about to do. Roan was going to call her his for the rest of their lives, tied together forever. The thought made him grin from ear to ear. He wasn’t sure if he’d ever felt a happier moment as he gazed deeply into Iolaire’s eyes as the first hints of sunlight began to make them sparkle.

”Iolaire,” he started again. He moved closer, gazing down at her beautiful features. ”You saved my life, you took me in and cared for me when you didn’t have to. You risked your life to lay my sister to rest and you made sure I was whole again. Inside and out.” He told her everything she already knew, but he wanted to remind her that he would never forget what she’d done for him. ”I want to give you my heart, today and everyday forward. I want to devote myself to you fully, in name, body and spirit. I want you as my wife.” He leaned down to nuzzle her muzzle lovingly. ”Forever.”

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-07-2020, 02:21 PM

Roan spoke again, words pouring out from the very core of the man. This was really happening. Iolaire's eyes were wide as she continued to try not to cry. It might happen eventually, she knew, but not while he was talking. They'd just started. She listened to his words. Focused hard on them. She had saved him, but he had saved her as well.

A loving nuzzle was given as he finished and she returned it fully. Forever was a long time, but she was ready for it. "Do you mind if I do a little ceremony? Something from where I come from." Reaching into her pack, Iolaire removed a soft grass rope that she had made herself with the help of Enki. It wasn't terribly long, but it was long enough for this purpose.

Iolaire took Roan's paw in her own. She looped the rope over his wrist and her own, then she spoke. "Just as you say I saved you, you saved me." Bringing her gaze up to meet his loving, green pools, she continued. "To you alone I will always be faithful. You'll have the best of me and the worst of me and I will have the same of you. We will never end our day angry with one another. To you, I will always be true, steadfast. I will support you, care for you, and be a little terror when necessary." Teeth flashed mischievously as she grinned. Looping the rope again, she motioned to Roan. "Your turn."

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
05-08-2020, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 06:45 AM by Roan.)

His grin wasn’t going to fade, not today and not tomorrow. Roan was happier in this moment than he had ever been in his life. He was going to devote himself wholly to the dainty woman and he wasn’t going to hesitate. He pulled back slightly as she asked to perform a ceremony, and he would never deny her that opportunity. Roan nodded softly, his smile still vibrant as she took out her soft rope and grabbed hold of his paw.

Roan watched as she wrapped their paws together, and he was forced to take a moment and admire the difference in size between their paws. She was a dainty thing, and he loved her more for it. He was caused to freeze as he listened to her words, bright verdant gaze lingering on her vibrant eyes. His heart thumped heavily in his chest. He was excited and practically melting with soft emotions. He knew there was no other he wanted to tie his life to. She finished with a mischievous grin and offered him up his own turn.

”You are my one and only,” he started softly with his loving gaze on hers. ”I promise to forever be faithful to you, my best, my worst. I’ll treasure you through thick and thin. I’ll fly with you during the highs and help to lift you from the lows. I promise to protect you, provide for you, and love you until my very last breath. I want to give you my heart and protect yours.” He whispered his vows to her softly, meaning every quiet word. The sun peeked over the horizon as he uttered his last word, and the day dawned on their new marriage. ”You’ll be my one and only. Always.” He promised as he just barely with held his urge to kiss her right then.

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-08-2020, 03:49 PM

A beautiful smile crossed her features as Roan spoke his vows to her. He was all that she ever wanted. For the rest of her days, there would be no one but him. With deft digits, Iolaire tied a loose knot in the rope. "As this knot is tied, so are our lives now bound. Woven into this cord, imbued into its very fibers, are all the hopes of our friends and family, and of ourselves, for our new life together. With the fashioning of this knot do I tie all the desires, dreams, love, and happiness wished here in this place to our lives for as long as love shall last."

With the knot in place, she gave Roan's paw a squeeze. "In the joining of paws and the fashion of a knot, so are our lives now bound, one to another. By this cord we are thus bound to our vows. May this knot remain tied for as long as love shall last. May this cord draw our paws together in love, never to be used in anger. May the vows we have spoken never grow bitter in our mouths." Bringing her vibrant gaze up to lock firmly upon his, she smiled anew. "Before whatever gods lay above, before the forest, before the sea, before each other, we are now one. I love you, Roan Bearkiller." Extending her neck, she placed her first kiss upon him as his wife. All was right in the world.

"Iolaire" --"Roan"

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
05-08-2020, 05:05 PM

He listened quietly as Iolaire took the lead once more and finished the ceremony. He could feel the power in her words, the strength of the bond that would tie them. She was everything he ever wanted, and for the rest of his days he would keep these vows to her. He listened to her breathy whispers as he loomed over her and their tied paws. She blessed their union and he willed it silently until she uttered his name in a confession of love and reached up to initiate their first kiss as husband and wife.

In one swift movement Roan leaned back onto his haunches and with his free arm pulled Iolaire to his chest as the two of them kissed. They finally made it here, after what seemed like a lifetime Roan was finally in a place where he could give her his entire soul. She deserved nothing less from him. He held tightly to her, their bound paws folded to their chests. The sun dawned heavily over them as the sky took on a warmth and lit up the clouds in pinks and oranges. The dawning of the rest of their lives.

"Iolaire" --"Roan"