An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

Halloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
05-20-2020, 08:11 PM

Hah! Cairo staggered out into the moonlight and the courtyard he’d been promoted in. It was deserted, and he took a good long while to sit and catch his breath in the thin air. He’d followed Aurielle’s instructions that should any of them decide to visit this place again that they take it slowly on the climb up, and follow the glowing hairs she’d left tucked in the stone crags along the whole tunnel. It made it a lot easier to navigate alone.

He’d actually had to douse the torch he’d lit with the coal horn he’d brought along, because it made it harder to see the glowing hairs his mentor had placed.

There were resting spots she’d pointed out the whole way up, and he spent at least an hour in each, letting his body acclimate to the altitude.

Now that he had his breath back, he rose and padded forward, gazing around with a sense of contentment. The place was buried in feet of snow, but the temple inside was clear, and he wriggled through the doors, setting about building a fire with the supplies he’d lugged all the way up.

He’d wanted to come here, to meditate on his life and explore the place more fully. But first, a meal. He meandered out to gaze down at the sea of clouds below the temple court, then settled, snacking on strips of venison.

He had a long way to go in his bid toward Sentinel, but if he set aside his personal tendency to short-change his achievements, he could see getting there sooner than age six. If he kept training hard, fighting hard, he might make it by four years of age.

Maybe he could train with Lia and they’d both reap the benefits. Funny how she’d come to mean so much to him. The girl was easily becoming his best female friend. Nolan would always claim the best guy friend slot in his life. His lips quirked in a grin, then a twinge of worry fluttered at his heart. What if, one day, the Armada chose to raid Valhalla, and not in a friendly mutual training way? He couldn’t see attacking the girl for real.

Stretching, he lowered his chin to his paws, watching the clouds below as he sank into thought.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-20-2020, 08:34 PM

The Ashen Warlord went in search of his wayward bird. He knew Marshal had last been seen over Fenrir’s maw, and had not returned to him. He did not know if evil had befallen his friend, but he would not return home until he had found him. Zee could hold the fort for him back home. For now, very soon another would help her in such tasks when he was not there. The Reaper, a position that would very soon be filled. Either by Tamsyn or Malalia, and he knew who was in the lead thus far.

Chasing such thoughts from his mind, he made his way up the mountain. It was no easy thing, and his cat-like claws came in handy more than once. They helped him to keep his grip. He travelled until he found the caves, and in the caves he would find the small tufts of glowing fur. How strange, how very strange. He did not know Auriella well, but she had been this way. If she had seen marshal, she would tell him.

He followed the path she had left behind, suspecting easily that it had been placed on purpose. For him? Surely not, so likely there was another among these walls.

He heard the crackling of flames, and saw the glowing light of the fire, and it led him the last of the way through. Still he had found no sign of his companion, no evidence that he had ever been this way. He emerged, and would find the reddish wolf, chin to his paws. The Warlord frowned, catching a familiar scent. “Excuse me, Valhallian. This might seem a very strange place to be asked - but have you seen a deep blue vulture?”

"Speech"

Cairo II

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

05-20-2020, 08:57 PM

Heavy paws crunched snow, and a scent reached his nose. He was on his paws with one easy, casual move, head tilting as he turned to face the Warlord, who this most definitely was.

His features showed none of the calculations flickering through his mind. The open air was behind him, and with the snow, the actual ledge was probably further in than he stood. Even at his height, he didn’t think he would be heavy enough to send the snow pack breaking.

It the giant chose to attack him for some reason – though why he might was anyone’s guess – Cairo might have an advantage in leaping forward to ground that was definitely solid. But Sirius queried him with a question that was, indeed, a little odd.

He paused, thinking over his trip, then shook his head. “I’m afraid not, Warlord.”

He stepped forward slightly as he added, “I’m Cairo Adravendi, by the way.”

A ghostly form floated silently in on the air settling on his withers and giving her talons a soft squeeze on his armored shoulder. Cairo had to admire the owl’s stubborn loyalty. He didn’t know how the thin air would affect the bird. He tipped his head to direct his next question to the bird, figuring she would be the best to ask. “Hello, Chrysta, have you seen a deep blue vulture in your flight tonight?”

The pale-eyed barn owl swiveled her head, scanning the air and surroundings before she answered gently, “If he – or she – is in the area, they may well have taken to roost for the night.”

He had to admit he liked the owl's voice. It was soft and hushed, although the bird could deliver the most unholy sounding screeches.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-20-2020, 11:10 PM
Despite the signs, it still surprised him to encounter another up here. The journey had been a long one, and he found himself questioning his companions intentions. Even on feather, the journey upwards could not be an easy one. Why had Marshal come here, and where was he now?

He saw the faint tensing in the other wolfs muscles, the caution in his stance and quick rise. He was not a wolf as easily trusting as his alpha, it seemed. He hid his smile behind pleasantries as the man gave his name. "Cairo." He said thoughtfully "I've heard of you" Auriella had called him... what, her apprentice? She had spoken of him in the same breath as sending their champions to a tournament. He would like to pit himself against the man, but perhaps not well Marshal was missing, and the wolf treated him with weariness. "Apprentice to Auriella, and friend to my daughter." He had been walking around the outskirts of this wolf for a time. Knowing of him, and not meeting him. Like Maeve for a time. The hunting and sparring partner to both of his heirs.

"Sirius Fatalis, as you've surmised" he introduced himself in turn. He turned his attention to the owl, who spoken wolven words more readily then his Marshal. "I suspect he has, but I can not fathom why he came this far in the first place." He glanced about at the other wolfs set up. It was clear Cairo had been her efirst, and intended to settle for the night "If you do not mind me intruding, I would like to stay near by for the night, and continue my search in the morning."

Cairo II

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

05-20-2020, 11:32 PM

Cai’s easy natured smile confirmed Sirius’ speaking of his name, though he gently corrected “Aurielle” in turn of the tall man’s pronunciation of his lady’s name. “And I don’t mind if you join my fire. If you want to go inside the temple the wind won’t reach there, and the fire’s inside. I just came outside to think. This is a good place for thought.”

He padded forward, passing Sirius before his steps faltered as the rest of the man’s identification of him clicked into place. “Daughter?”

He pondered as he continued forward, slipping into the temple and adding more wood to the fire, which had dwindled a little. The only females he’d met that were involved with the Armada were Banshee, Skyfire – whom he wasn’t sure he would want to be friends with unless she fixed her attitude – and Malalia, and being that she hadn’t been a newly adopted Fatalis when she’d visited Valhalla, it didn’t click in his head that it was her. Out of the three options, he could only really consider Lia as a friend.

Hm. He bent around to flip open the pouch in his armor that held more strips of venison jerky, tossing ten pieces to Sirius. For as big a man as the Warlord, it was probably more like a snack than a meal, but hey, might as well share dinner with his guest.

“The fountain seems to have stayed unfrozen, and the water’s good.”

He nodded toward the constant tinkle of water in the wide pool centering the main chamber of the temple before he dropped his hips to the stone floor and rolled his shoulders.

“Do you think your vulture friend is alright?” His eyes followed the ghostly owl as she glided to a spot to perch, watching the room with her keen night eyes. The owl had become a part of his life that he couldn’t imagine not having, he had to admit. She was with him almost everywhere, and nearby when she wasn’t. He’d be climbing mountains looking for her, too, if she suddenly vanished, as it really wasn’t like her at this point.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-20-2020, 11:49 PM
"Aurielle, pardon me." He said politely at the pronunciation. He was Aurielles apprentice, and he had corrected the use of Zees name enough times that he could not fault him for pressing the Warlord to get it right. "Malalia" he explained, the official adoption was new, but he had considered the wolf like a daughter fairly early on. He had connected well with her. Almost as well as he had Io, whom he had adopted in nearly the same breath as meeting her.

"Ah, thank you. I owe you a hunt"to pay back the kindness of the fire and the food. The path upwards had been a long one, and well he would easily have fasted the night, it was nicer to put something in his belly. He picked up the food, and followed the other through the temple door. He glanced towards the water, the fire, the space around them. One could live here, if it came to that.

He wasnt completely comfortable with sharing a space with the stranger, but he was curious to know more about the man that had befriended his daughter. "Dont mind the bear and the leopard, they're with me and will be along shortly" they had taken different paths in their search, and would follow the glowing fur back to him.

As for Marshal himself... "he has grown lonely and searches for a mate. This is the furthest hes gone yetx and I can only hope he found what he was looking for and it distracted him." But he would not rest easy until his oldest friend (other then Deathbelle) was back at his side.

Cairo II

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

05-21-2020, 12:32 AM

When Sirius clarified, Cairo’s ears perked, an automatic smile flickering over her lips at the name. He couldn’t help wondering what the gesture had meant for Lia. He knew she’d grown up with no father, as he had, though the circumstances of their conceptions differed greatly. He couldn’t help but wonder if he’d have preferred knowing his father was dead, instead of always wondering.

“I’m glad for her.”

He grinned at the prospect of a hunt and chuckled, “I’ll hold you to that, I can never resist a good hunt.”

Cairo nodded, grateful for the forewarning of two large predators going to show up. He’d gone up against two African typed lions, and didn’t fancy fighting more of them. His head cocked curiously at Sirius’ explanation of the vulture. “Well, I hope he finds a mate. Are they monogamous like hawks and eagles and owls?”

Those fathomless sapphire eyes sparkled with interest, clearly ready to learn if the older wolf was willing to teach. Chrysta had taught him about owls, and from what she was willing to speak of it, she had lost her mate. If his perceptions were correct, the event that had left her injured had been the day she lost him. If that was correct… his heart ached for the bird. He couldn’t imagine losing someone he’d given all of himself to.