Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3ScarredPride - DemisexualDouble MasterSnake Eyes
07-26-2020, 03:43 PM

You can take my heart, you can take my breath
When you pry it from my cold, dead chest

This was Viper's first fight she would be calling herself, her last battle was not very successful and though she wouldn't admit it she had no one to blame but herself. She needed the guidance of others and those who trained their life in the arts of sparring. But she refused to look up to someone and approve of their advice or guidance after being abandoned as a young pup and rebellious under the family she never knew she had even though they would have loved and raised her with every part of their heart.

She walked around aimlessly on the fields. She wouldn't call, as she didn't think of it. She completely forgot that her last opponent called for a battle and it would slip her mind easily. Would anyone come to spar with her? She was starting to get aggravated with the loneliness of the fields while she was eager to continue her training.

Walk "Talk" Think

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
07-27-2020, 01:12 AM

She wasn't sure what pulled her to the Battlefield today. In all the time since she began her training she hadn't come out this way - instead keeping all of her training within the Armada. That's what had sparked the idea initially, the thought that perhaps seeing how wolves outside of her pack fought might help her think of her strategies, but she hadn't really thought that she would actually do it. Now she wandered through the seemingly empty plain and was beginning to think she would either have to call to find an opponent or she wouldn't find one period. Luckily enough a woman crossed by in the distance and it felt like a stroke of luck might have found her.

Tamsyn picked up the pace with her movements so she could catch up to the woman in question, giving a quick bark to get her attention when she got closer. A slight smile curled at her lips when she came to a stop, giving the slightly younger wolf a small nod in greeting. "Hello there. I'm Tamsyn. I'm looking for someone to spar with if you're interested." She waited for the other woman to respond and quickly assessed what she was up against. It seemed like the stranger was a bit shorter than her which would actually be a bit of a change since so much of the Armada seemed to be giants. She also wouldn't be able to rely on her agility this time since there wasn't a large difference in their builds either. Anything that was a new experience for her was exciting so she was already very interested in how this fight would go.

"Speech" Thought

Viper

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3ScarredPride - DemisexualDouble MasterSnake Eyes
07-27-2020, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 06:46 PM by Viper.)

The bark of another would startle her slightly though it came from a short distance. She instantly turned her head and looked at the woman coming in to her, an ear flicked as her bark rang silently through them again. She would declare she was here for a spar and that's when Viper's automatic smirk would come to her maw, "Yeah, I wanna spar too!" and she would spin to face her new opponent. The girl was not much older than herself but it was clear Viper had little maturity which wasn't something common in any wolf her age. She was much smaller than that guy she fought the other day but still at least taller than herself and it gave her a little secret confidence.

At first her front legs spread out and she put her head close to the ground as if she were a cat, definitely something odd. Her head tilted just a little as she tried to remember what the big guy did in her last battle.

She would rise and take off instantly, closing the little distance between them, or what she could,  though not completely in balance. She was seeking to do what Cairo had done to her, but she was well off with her experience and memory. She tried to body slam the woman chest to chest as centered as she could. Viper's head would go off slightly to her right, the woman's left. As she planned her next move it didn't necessarily flow into each other. She would pick up her left paw and try to pull out the woman's right paw from under her though mostly blindly and not with a lot of force.

She figured the woman would go to the ground like she did. Surely if she did what Cairo did to her she would win?

Walk "Talk" Think

Viper vs Tamsyn for Spar

Round 1/2?
Size: Medium
Build: Medium
Skills: Novice Fighter & Novice Hunter
Specialty: N/A

OOC: Hope you didn't mind Viper started this one and Kefka will give Ulric the first move in the other one xD Viper is Viper! Take your time responding!

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
07-29-2020, 09:04 PM

As soon as her opponent confirmed that she wanted to spar - quite enthusiastically she had to say - Tamsyn easily fell into a defensive stance with her paws spread evenly apart, her head falling evenly with her spine, and claws digging into the dirt for extra traction. It was a stance that came to her with practiced ease now, but she still remembered how awkward and difficult it had been when she had first begun learning. She wasn't sure if the other wolf would want to make the first move yet or not, but she knew better than to be unprepared for it if she did. She half expected the woman to do some sort of similar stance to herself since pretty much every wolf she had fought had done that, but this time it was something unique. She dropped down with her front paws spread and head close to the ground and it made Tamsyn lift a curious brow at her.

Before she could ask about it, her unnamed opponent took off like a rocket toward her and it made Tam immediately snap back into fighting mode, the interesting start to it all forgotten. She waited for the slightly smaller woman to get close and even let her chest hit square into hers, but she held firm against the impact aside from a quiet grunt as a bit of air was forced from her lungs and the one step she was forced to take backwards. If anything there might be a bit of bruising left on her chest, but with her stance as firm and locked in as it had been it would have been very difficult for a woman of her size to knock her off her feet - which was the only reason Tamsyn hadn't tried to dodge her. This way she had her within close quarters to launch her own attack.

Tamsyn was quick in reaching for the charcoal gray scruff next to her face, wanting to get a firm hold of the loose skin there. She felt the woman try to pull her paw out from under her so to avoid it she would also shift her weight onto her hind legs so she could lift her forelegs and try to wrap them around the younger woman's neck just as an added level of hold on her. Either way, she would attempt to pull the woman off of her feet, trying to push her onto her right side to keep the gray and red marked woman from knocking into her on the way down.

Tamsyn vs Viper for Spar
Round 1/2
Build: Light
Defensive Battle Accessory: Bracers
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Navigator

"Speech" Thought

Viper

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

07-31-2020, 09:09 AM

Viper felt mostly empowered by her successful attack points but she wasn't aware that her attacks were close to nothing compared to the larger and more experienced wolf. Her own safety and well being was always out of her conscious when she came to spar. She'd give up her weak paw-tripping attempt after a couple tries realizing the woman's stance was strong.

Tamsyn would grab hold of Viper's scruff, left side of her head, and viper would attempt to grab the same area and side on her opponent in return just a little lower closer to her throat due to being a bit smaller than her. Viper was taken by surprise when she was wrapped by the woman's paws, she hadn't experienced that kind of move yet and it was something she surprisingly hadn't thought of herself.

Viper would thrash her head around, whether she had a hold of the woman or not either to rip around her scruff or just to pull away from Tamsyn's hug. She'd feel her weight start to fall over with Tamsyn's pushing towards the ground. Viper would release her grip (if she had one) on her way to the ground and once she made solid contact with the grass she instantly would lunge her open jaw in attempt to grab the woman's front right leg just above the paw, her teeth aiming to wrap around the leg, top on the outside and bottom on the inside. Her only defenses were her pinned ears and a tucked tail to protect her underside.

Walk "Talk" Think

Viper vs Tamsyn for Spar

Round 2/2
Build: Medium
Skills: Novice Fighter & Novice Hunter

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
07-31-2020, 03:12 PM

Tamsyn enjoyed the fact that she had been successful in getting the hold she wanted on the woman's scruff and was able to get her legs wrapped around her opponent's neck as well, but she didn't dwell on it for but a moment. Things were still very much in motion and there wasn't time to think about such things right now. She felt the sting of the woman's teeth sinking into the lower portion of her neck near her shoulder and the stab of pain made her tense up a bit. This in turn made her bite down harder around the mouth full of looser skin she was currently using for leverage, but she wasn't surprised at the attack she had received. The trashing she was doing in an attempt to pull away only worsened the injury, but being this tangled in combat it was sure to happen. She pushed the thought from her mind and focused on the fact that she was headed toward the ground with her opponent still in her grasp.

Once she had the gray woman on the ground she was quick to catch herself with her front paws while still maintaining the grip she currently had on the woman's scruff. She now had the younger wolf on the ground under her with one forepaw on either side of her neck. Before she could readjust her stance she felt the tug against the hold on her scruff as she lunged for her leg. She felt her jaws clamp down around her foreleg, the top teeth blocked by the metal of her bracer, but the teeth of her bottom jaw jabbed into the back of her leg. She let out a hiss of pain from the corners of her mouth and out of pure reaction she lifted her left foreleg and attempted to slam her paw into the woman's cheek hard enough to force her to let go or pull away in order to avoid it.

Tamsyn vs Viper for Spar
Round 2/2
Build: Light
Defensive Battle Accessory: Bracers
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Navigator

"Speech" Thought

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-11-2020, 07:08 PM

And the winner is...

TAMSYN

VIPER must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Viper: 159.80
Rolls: 32 64 12 47
Adjusted: 36.8 64 12 47

Tamsyn: 415.74
Rolls: 95 55 86 83
Adjusted: 99.75 60.5 103.2 83

Viper

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

08-12-2020, 04:42 PM

Viper's teeth stung from her clamp on the metal bracers she had forgotten were there completely. It was hard, her spar with Cairo, to remember or even find a good place to grab. But she was also much smaller than most of the wolves she came across in general and she thought the only way she could win would be the strong grip of her teeth.

Tamsyn would finish off with pinning Viper's head to the ground with the rest of her, and though Viper wasn't necessarily giving up, she wouldn't be able to move another inch from her pin. She felt defeated and shameful, but not showing it heavy on the outside. If anything her eyes showed a shine of anger that she had lost. Mostly of her pup mind inside of her adult body.

Walk "Talk" Think

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
08-13-2020, 09:39 PM

When she noticed that her pin had successfully gotten the woman to be stuck in place under her hold she decided that was as good of a sign that she had won as any. She released the fellow fighter and took a couple steps back so that she could get up. Tamsyn smirked a little when she noticed the obvious displeasure in the woman's face at her loss and it made her chuckle softly to herself. "Don't take it so hard, you fought well. You have a lot of potential - you just need to keep working at it." Tam knew that if she hadn't had the guidance of Sirius, Resin, and Zee then she certainly wouldn't be as knowledgeable as she was now. It very well could be as simple as this woman just didn't have a tutor to learn from which would certainly explain a lot. She had the spirit, now she just needed the direction.

"Do you have anyone to help you train?" she asked curiously as she double checked her scent to see if there were any traces of a pack on her fur. It didn't seem like it, but she had been wrong before. "I could give you a few pointers if you want, just to get you on the right track." She remembered how uncertain she had been once upon a time when she had first begun to learn and even right after she became General for the Armada. She couldn't have dared tried to teach anything to anyone. Now though... now she was much more confident in her skills and her knowledge. She was happy to share with anyone that wanted to learn, even if they weren't part of her pack.

"Talk" Think

Viper

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

08-16-2020, 07:58 PM

The woman released her and it was a feeling she was used to. But Viper was getting frustrated and upset at every spar that she lost. She felt like after the first one she should have won, or the one after that. But she wasn't aware that she needed to train and take it and learn from her opponents. Instead she was trying to mimic moves that were out of her range or fighting skill. And she didn't understand there was so much more than just throwing a bite and winning.

Tamsyn offered to give her some tips and though Viper wanted to learn more, and it was quite obvious by the first look of interest in her eyes when she rose from the ground, she would turn rather sour in response. "I don't need no help." Her clearly infant mind showing through her grown body. She'd turn away from the knowledgeable woman, but wouldn't take off just yet. Inside she wanted to know, but outside she wanted to kick dust in her face and be away of her.

Walk "Talk" Think

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
08-17-2020, 09:52 AM

Tamsyn was a bit surprised by the woman's reaction when she got up and completely disregarded her offer to give her some pointers - especially after seeing the spark of interest in the woman's eyes just after she made the offer. She raised a brow at the short, mildly rude response she was given. It made her ears flick indecisively. On one hand she knew that she had no responsibility to train this woman in any shape or form. If her opponent didn't want her help that was fine by her - it just meant that she wouldn't have to be out on the battlefield as long. On the other hand, she could tell that there was a real desire to learn here that was just hidden under a thick layer of pride. The only question then was if Tamsyn had the time or patience to try and break through that pride just to help out someone else that hadn't even bothered to introduce themselves.

Deciding that it was at least worth the effort to make the offer one more time before she let the woman go, she spoke up and said, "Are you sure about that? I won't force it on you, but I know how valuable good training can be so if you're at all interested I'd hope you reconsider. I went from not being able to fight at all to being the General of my pack because of my teacher's guidance. Are you really sure you don't need any help?" She left the table open and gave the red-marked woman a questioning look. If she denied the offer again then she would turn and leave without any remorse, but she wanted to make sure of it before she left her.

"Talk" Think

Viper

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

09-06-2020, 10:56 AM

Viper remained facing away from the woman as she spoke. And her words were ringing a bit true to her, but she wouldn't let them pass through her tough ego. She felt she was better than she was, even though time and time again she lost in battles. Tamsyn's words wouldn't anger her, at least anger towards the other woman. But she wouldn't let her see her expressions before she walked off from the battle site. It was sad to say but if Viper ever came across the woman again she wouldn't recognize her or would rather pretend to not know her as if to save her from the embarrassment.

-Exit Viper-

Walk "Talk" Think