size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
09-05-2020, 08:23 PM
Paws slowly pick their way through the tall grass that makes up her home. Home. A sigh falls from her lips as she thinks of what is to come. There is no regret in her heart for leaving to be with Resin, it is something that she has to do. The only thing that saddens Meadow, and it upsets her greatly, is the thought of having to say goodbye to all those she loves. Indigo, Mortis, Hanako, Zee, Sirius. Each one is a member of her family now, each one holds a piece of her heart and the farewells that need to be said, hurt.

What if she can never come back and see them? What if they get mad at her for leaving and shun her? What if, what if, what if… terrible thoughts parade around her mind, making the small healer feel sick to her stomach. There is only way to quell the raising fear. Looking up, Meadow notices that she has walked to the shoreline. The ocean breeze ruffles her fur and fills her nostrils with salty sea air. She inhales deeply, remembering this place, this moment. The sun warms her bones and gives her strength.

Tilting her head back, Meadow lets out a soft, low howl. It a question, ‘will you come speak with me?’ sent to Sirius on the wind. A tear trails its way down her cheek, mingling with the fur to cut a track to her chin. It falls silently to the sand as another one chases it. As the tears start to fall, her eyes wander out over the water to the horizon. Her destiny is unfolding right before her eyes and the earthen hued wolf is scared of what comes next.

"Meadow"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-05-2020, 08:51 PM
The Warlord followed the howl to the beach. He had already spoken to Resin, and knew that Meadow would be going with her sister. He expected nothing less, he knew her loyalty to Resin. It was not something he was going to get in the way of. He seated himself silently beside her, offering his shoulder for Meadow to lean against, if she so wished. “Resin spoke to me. You guys were roamers before this, weren’t you? Is it strange to leave, after settling for so long?” he wondered softly. Offering her compassion, not the obsessive possession part of him wished to show to all his wolves. He would not and could not argue about Meadow going with her sister, but that didn’t make it any easier to let her go.

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-05-2020, 10:32 PM
Her Alpha appears, his steps pulling Meadow from her internal musings but her eyes never leave the horizon. When he sits next to her, offering his shoulder, the small healer sinks against it gratefully, her eyes full of unshed tears. His voice drags a smile out of her, one filled with memories and happiness. Nodding her head, Meadow’s voice is soft and halting as she says, “Yes, we… never really settled down for long before. It is very strange… to leave. I haven’t felt so… accepted in a long time. I know, in my heart, that this is the right thing to do. But… it hurts.”

Tears silently fall as she looks away, Sirius’ compassion helping her express what she needs to say but it still is proving difficult to express. Closing her eyes, Meadow does what does best… she feels. In that moment, a flood of emotions crashes through her; love, happiness, hurt, sorrow and finally, contentment. They all flicker across her features, finally settling into a comfortable relaxed expression. The understanding that this needs to happen, helping her feel peace. As her eyes open, the tears are gone and a soft smile takes their place.

Looking back out over the horizon, Meadow says, “I cannot thank you and Zee enough for giving us a home. For letting me be a part of something bigger than myself. I have made so many friends, all of them now family. Mort, Indigo, Hanako, Zee, you… all of you mean so much to me. But Resin… she is my sister. Has seen me at my best and been with me through the worst. I have to go with her. I need to be with her.” Now comes the hard part. Asking a favor. Looking up at Sirius as best she can, Meadow asks, “But I… I was wondering… actually, hoping... can I still come visit?”

"Meadow"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-06-2020, 01:16 AM
The little wolf leaned against him, enveloped in his plush coat. He was forced to bite back a laugh, she was so small her entire body could lean against his shoulder without any of her spilling out. He had offered her a shoulder, but if he wasn’t sitting, she would have even touched it. There was something about wolves as small and delicate as Meadow that brought out his need to protect. She was too wholesome, too innocent.

He leaned his head gently against her. Make sure not to put too much weight behind it, as he offered her a measure of comfort. She cried for a little while, and when the waterworks stopped, she looked like she was going to be alright. “As things stand at the moment, you are welcome in the Armada any time you wish, Meadow. If that ever changes, I promise you I will give you the courtesy of informing you. But I don’t see that happening” he reassured her.

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Leaning into the Alpha, Meadow feels great appreciation for the gesture and words of Sirius. The way he leans his head against her, has her smile growing and she closes her eyes as she leans into the touch. She has always been a wolf that thrives on contact. The close connections bring comfort to the small healer. This is hard for her, the thought of leaving, the knowledge that she might never be able to come back, it hurts the earthen hued wolf to her core but it needs to be done.

So, when he tells her that, for now, she is welcome, her heart lightens. A piece of Meadow will always remain here, not just with her friends but in Indigo’s garden and everything she has touched. With a dip of her head and soft, “Thank you.” Meadow acknowledges Sirius’ words. Eyes turn back out over the sea and a smile rests easily on her lips.

With a gentle voice she says, “I know you are very busy and I am grateful that you are taking to the time to speak with me. There is so much I want to say, to do, to show how much I appreciate everything you and every one else has done for me. But…words are failing me. So instead I will beg you one more favor. Sirius, will you sit with me a while longer and enjoy the day?”

Her weight against his shoulder, eyes staring out at the horizon, Meadow feels her heart break a little. One day soon, she will be alright but today, she grieves for the life she is leaving behind.

"Meadow"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-14-2020, 02:41 AM
The Warlord nodded softly at her thanks, saying nothing more. It was never easy for him to let wolves go. He placed it into the pack rules for a reason. He was a possessive wolf, and each wolf he gave a home here had a part of him with them. Letting them leave? It was just inviting pain. He brought them here, under one banner, so he could protect them, and watch them thrive.

If it wasn’t Resin… a wolf whom he had come to appreciate, love, and owe he would not have done it at all. But she had saved his life on a few occasions now. Dragged him back to sanity by the ends of her teeth. He owed her at least this, through he wished she hadn’t asked.

‘I will.” He agreed quietly, leaning a small portion of his weight against the little healer, and watching the open sea beside her.