size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
10-30-2020, 03:46 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn found herself in a deep, dense bamboo forest. Here and there the sunlight would stream in, sparkling and glittering along the paths that wound through the forest. The bamboo here had grow in a strange and confusing way that was making it difficult to navigate through. Jynn paused at one of the bamboo stems that grew near the path she was on. She didn't have a lot of great ways to mark where she was going. If she'd had enough strips of hide she'd have tied them along the way but she didn't. Her only plan was to keep turning left, then when she came to a dead end she'd go back and turn right. So far it was working if it was a bit exhausting. At least the weather was nice.

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Pride - Pansexual
10-30-2020, 04:00 PM

Hyacinth really needed to stop letting himself get into situations where he got lost far away from his siblings, it really did mean he had to rely on the goodwill of total strangers to help him. Well at least here he wasn't likely to end up chest-deep in mud, no instead he'd just end up having to eat the walls of the maze he'd found himself in. He'd sniffed carefully at the walls when he'd first arrive, never having seen such strange... trees? Were they trees? Did matter when he was surrounded by them and he wasn't looking forward to having to eat nothing but greens for the rest of his short life.

Of course, he was being dramatic, and his luck was continuing to hold as he rounded a corner and spotted a... wolf? Not any kind of wolf he'd ever seen before but he wasn't about to question it. "Oh thank god." He said.

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
10-30-2020, 04:07 PM

Jynn continued through the maze, Tahmores at her heels as she kept on walking. She felt like they were heading back toward the center of the maze but she had to trust her process. If she were to abandon it now then they'd really be screwed. She gazed upward but it was hard to make out the sky through the leaves of the bamboo. She could tell the sky was blue and it was really sunny and actually a bit chilly where she was. Jynn imagined since it was winter and she was so far south that the southern parts of Auster were feeling it more than the northern bits.

Jynn looked behind her at the sound of movement and saw a brightly colored yearling. "Oh, hey there! You stuck in this maze to?"

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

10-30-2020, 04:31 PM

The woman turned around and regarded him with brilliant violet eyes. She asked if he was lost and Hyacinth laughed. "You could say that." He said, glancing around, as if hoping he'd spot anything between the large stalks, but all he could seen past the closest wall was more stalks. "I'm starting to consider if I think I can become vegetarian or not." He lifted a paw and tapped one of the stalks, frowning as a sort of hollow sound met him... were these plants just a hard exterior and hollow in the inside?

"I'll admit I'm quite out of my element here."

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

10-30-2020, 05:02 PM

Jynn chuckled at the man's response. "Yea, this type of plant is a bit new to me. I know its called bamboo but I've never seen so much of it growing in such a weird way." She took another left turn, walking while they continued to talk. She felt like they were getting close. The wind was starting to pick up but so far it was a nice gentle breeze. "My name is Jynn. My friend here is Tahmores." The little Ethiopian wolf nodded his head in greeting.

Jynn took another left turn then let out a gasp. "Hey! I think we're at the end of it." She stepped forward and peeked her head around each side of the bamboo just to be sure before grinning. Whoo! We're at the edge! Say, where you headed? Want to travel together?"

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

11-10-2020, 02:47 PM

Bamboo... He thought to himself, squaring that bit of information away as he walked, allowing his mistmatched gaze to run up the tall strange stalks, surprised to find a few oval leaves here and there, as he squinted into the sun. "I'm Hyacinth." He responded to her simple introduction, somehow missing her companion before she pointed them out to him. He blinked, then gave her a nod, glad to at least not be left alone with his thoughts and the bamboo.

He trailed after the woman and nearly crashing into her as she stopped to declare they were both finally free. He felt his spirit soar for a moment, then she turned to look at him and ask him a question. "Good question..." He trailed off for a moment, musing. "I don't really have anywhere, in particular, I need to be, I suppose I left my siblings somewhere further north of here, over the land bridge, so eventually that direction." He cracked her a grin though as he responded to her second question. "I'd love a traveling companion, beats getting lost by myself all the time."

"Talk" "Listen" Think