size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double Master
11-01-2020, 01:37 PM

Autumn spurred Káti to finally make a decision about joining a pack. He had a deer hide bundle of herbs and other items with him, strapped to his travois as he journeyed to the western regions of Boreas. He'd been impressed by the festival he'd experienced when he first arrived in Boreas. The wolves of that pack, Valhalla, seemed decent enough and so he decided he was going to give them a try. It took a bit of work but he soon arrived at the border of a vast, green plain. The border had the familiar scent of Valhallan wolves. He hesitated for a moment then threw his head back to call for their alphess. Hopefully, he could make a simple life here as a healer and a warrior if such skills were needed.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
11-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

She was working with Ardyn and Coran on fighting stances when the howl came just as Ardyn barreled into her. She staggered and gave the large pup an approving smile. He’d used her momentary distraction to his advantage, pouncing at the moment she’d flicked her eyes toward the sound.

Straightening, she swiped a kiss on each son’s cheek, nodding toward the border. “Ardyn, come along, Coran, you’re welcome to come as well, but both of you hang back a bit until you’re called forward.”

She turned, shaking out her coat as she trotted toward the call’s location. She came into sight, flicking her long-haired tail in a silent gesture for Ardyn and Coran – if the cream and white boy had come along – to hang back as she came to stand before the large male. She was pretty sure she’d seen him at the Festival. What was his name… Ah, “Káti. How have you been since the festival?”

Her features were warm and friendly as her tail swept in a lazy, glowing white banner, letting Ardyn and his brother know it was safe to approach.

Her head cocked as she studied the man, asking, “What bring syou to Valhallan borders?”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

They’d been practicing stances, and Ardyn’s features were concentrated on his mother’s when, off toward the border, a howl sang for his mother and – aha! Her eyes flicked just barely toward the sound and he took the chance, launching in a tackle for his mother. He got her! Haha!

His mother staggered and, for a brief second, he worried she’d be annoyed, but her approval set a bonfire off on his butt as his tail began thrashing the air. And then, she asked him to come along, with Coran, too, maybe?

He bounced after his mother, still wagging his tail in that characteristic torch, eager to meet a new wolf, though he obeyed and hung back as his mother flicked her tail. He recognized the man, though, and he wasn’t surprised when his mom quickly let him know it was okay to come up and say hi.

He glanced to see if Coran had come along before bouncing to greet the man, offering a cheerful, “Hello!” before he sat to one side, watching to see how it went down. This was part of his training as the Destiny of Valhalla, after all, watching how things were done when greeting wolves at the borders.

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
11-02-2020, 12:11 AM

Coran had glanced up at the howl, missing the chance Ardyn had found to get at mom.  Oh well, mom had looked away also so it wasn’t just Coran who had been distracted. “Nice one,” Coran congratulated the triumphant Ardyn. The brindled pup’s tail waved back and forth at the kiss.  Fighting and training was fun at any point but training with Ardyn and attacking mom as a pair was even more fun.

Mom stated Ardyn would come and only an offer to Coran, it was the difference a rank of Destiny versus Hope.  Ardyn had a larger weight on his shoulders and Coran understood it.  However, he was determined to raise up high in the pack all the same to help his family and brother, that meant taking on tasks and lessons that weren’t required of him.  Mom’s offer was thus happily accepted as Coran would follow the pair to see who it was who requested entry.

Once they got there Coran quickly saw it was someone known to Ardyn though Coran had never met them.  With Ardyn greeting the wolf the paler colored pup chimed in also, “Hi!”

Káti

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double Master
11-02-2020, 05:53 PM

Káti sat still, just taking in the beauty of the land around him as he waited. He didn't have to wait too long until a brilliantly white woman and a couple of what, he assumed, were her puppies. Like many wolves he'd seen in Boreas she had mutations that made her stand out from the usual wolf population. He quickly recognized her as Aurielle from the festival. As she arrived and spoke to him he dipped his head in greeting. Returning the same nod to the pups as they voiced their hellos. "It's good to see you, Lady Aurielle. I'm here as I wanted to inquire if there was room in Valhalla for more members? You see, I'm looking for a home. My skills are in healing and fighting. More so for the later but personally I am more interested in learning the arts of healing." He was reared a warrior by social custom more so than any passion for the battle arts.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-02-2020, 10:49 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

The Spirit glanced approvingly at her two sons before turning to Kati, ears curving forward to listen attentively. A healer and a fighter. Well, he would certainly help to refill the ranks Daelos and Elba’s departure had left open. Knowing Ardyn was watching carefully, she asked, “Would you be willing to chase ambition and rise in rank, becoming a master in both? Valhalla values hard work and dedication, and high initiative to better one’s skills and self.”

They needed those who wouldn’t be comfortable languishing when they were able-bodied and sound of mind. “Would you be willing to watch the others and the youth of the pack to take apprentices? To get to know your packmates well enough to consider them family?”

Her features were gently, neither stern nor skeptical as she waited for his response. She wished for wolves who threw themselves into the pack with abandon in their own ways, whether it be hard training or social interactions, so long as they worked hard to become a team with Valhalla. They had to want to be in Valhalla.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-02-2020, 10:57 PM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

Ardyn’s features flickered in a grin as Kati nodded to him, and then the young heir was listening intently, with much the same effect of his mother, as though the scene were the most important on the earth and he was witnessing history in the making, and utterly fascinated, tail tapping like a little tongue of flame by his unusual front paws.

His mother’s questions were important ones, and Ardyn’s ears pressed forward, eyes widening a little as he looked between his mother and the large man, wondering if he’d join. Surely, he would. Valhalla was the best home, ever, such was the opinion of one born and raised in it. Oh, his mother was sure to tell her children that there were choices in their futures, if ever they wished to leave and find their own paths out there, beyond Valhalla… But what better world could there possibly be than this place?

He had no doubt his brother would never leave Valhalla to live elsewhere. Coran was determined to rise far, though he had no desire to challenge Ardyn’s place as Heir. On an instinctive level, he knew his brother was one of his best allies in the years ahead, though such thoughts were often distracted by the fast track mind spotting a butterfly, or finding a new smell.

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Káti

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double Master
11-06-2020, 09:00 PM

Káti listened as Aurielle spoke and he wondered how best to conduct himself. He wasn't an ambitious wolf, not in the sense that he wan't to climb ranks or direct other wolves. He wasn't really the commanding, leadership type. However, he was dedicated to his craft and learning the arts of healing. He desired to be as good as he could get. Káti fidgeted a little at the mention of getting to know his pack mates. He did want to get to know them and feel like he was part of a family though socialization was not his strength and it made him nervous. Still, he expected that. He was going to be meeting new wolves so nerves would just be a part of the experience.

"I do intend to become a master healer. I'm devoted to learning the healing arts and of course I would use these skills for the betterment of my pack and my pack mates. I do want to meet and befriend my pack mates though I will be honest with you I uh… am not the best at socializing."

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
11-15-2020, 09:16 PM

Coran observed the wolf in quiet scrutinization, well mostly.  Coran would flick a glance now and then to mom and Ardyn to make sure he kept up with their own thoughts and opinions.  Mom had already taught them about the pack's values and here he watched how it was one of the first things brought into the conversation.  The stranger would know right up what would be expected of them.  Now he couldn’t tell them, later on, he hadn’t known what was involved in joining their pack.  Valhalla was surely the best since mom and dad were in charge and it was a great place to explore.  Of course, rules and values helped make it great also.

Fighting and healing were a good mix, right?  He’d be able to battle and go into a dangerous situation to help heal but defend himself if attacked.  If he got good enough then he could aim to be in the rescue circle.  There was a lineup of other things he was questioned on in regard to duties.  If the guy was a slacker he better leave now.  Valhalla didn’t allow for slackers.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle listened as Káti gave his answers, ears perking lightly, aware that her two sons were watching as well. A master healer would be good. Paladin was aging, and he would need a fellow healer-fighter. Her lips quirked at Káti’s last admission. “Not everyone is.”

She rose to her paws in a graceful motion, inviting the man with a tip of her head to walk, tail making a subtle sway to the boys, as she said, “I’d like to test your knowledge and fighting skill, but first, let me tell you a bit more about Valhalla while we walk, if that’s alright? If you wish to rest for a while before testing, to see where you rest in skill, then I will accept you as an Outlander, which simply means that you are accepted, but haven’t chosen or been chosen by a Circle as yet.”

Should he follow, the Spirit would tell him of the ranks and how they worked. It was only knowledge that most packs would know if they paid attention. She didn’t delve into numbers, or the condition of the pack, nor did she mention the Shadow Circle as more than combined hunters and fighters, with a side job as dignitaries and messengers if there were none in the Messenger’s Circle to send pleas for assistance in a war.

Káti

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double Master
11-21-2020, 07:54 PM

Káti nodded as Aurielle invited him to walk with her. He felt in pace near her but slightly behind as both a show of respect and out of the simple fact that he did not know where she wished to walk. He was a bit nervous about having his fighting abilities tested and he prayed that he wasn't too rusty. Though, in truth, he was far more interested in serving as a healer. A soft smile spread across his face as she mentioned that he'd be accepted as an Outlander. "Thank you, rest would be appreciated before the fight testing. As for my healing abilities I am ready to be tested whenever it would suit you." In some ways the mind could be more resilient than the body.

"Of the circles you've mentioned I am most interested in the Healing Circle. Healing is a passion of mine and something I have chosen to pursue myself. Fighting was forced upon me. However, that of course does not mean I would not jump to defend Valhalla or participate in necessary acts of violence."

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
11-27-2020, 09:09 PM

Coran watched as they headed off and fell in shortly after, passing by Kati and catching up to walk near mom.  It seemed a pretty simple thing, listing off requirements and learning what they were good at.  Oh, and also mention what it is to be a member of the pack as far as what they strove too.  The new wolf also needed to be tested to prove themselves. How would the conversation have gone if the wolf had not appeared to meet up to the expectations or was at least questionable?  If he remembered he could ask mom later in case someday he had to check on new wolves requesting entry.

At the latter comment from Kati he glanced back in some surprise, “fighting is fun though.  You can spar with me for practice if you need to later.” It sounded nice and he assumed mom would be ok with it since she was letting the new wolf in the pack.  While it was mentioned as a kindness to Kati it would also be another wolf to practice his growing skills on.   Coran needed to spar with any wolf he could to learn a variety of different fighting types they might have picked up.  Experience was super important and he wouldn’t let his family down.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-30-2020, 04:03 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

The Spirit listened with interest as Kati spoke, nodding as he mentioned his background. “In Valhalla, we do require that everyone learn at least the very basics of self defense, especially the healers. The custom harks back to Valhalla of old. My great grandmother was the Lead Healer of the pack and her Craft Sister, Raine, was attacked by a male a ways beyond the border. Twice. The first time she was incredibly lucky that Erani, my Great Grandmother, and her brother Cormalin were present along with the mare Obsidian. The three were able to drive the man off before he could fully harm Raine.”

Her tail flicked as she glanced at her sons, then back to Káti as she went on, in tame words, though her tone suggested far worse, “There was a war between Valhalla and Glaciem during that age. Shortly after the battle at Valhalla’s border, Raine was out gathering, and she never came back. Erani was able to find her, and it was clear the man had been back. And what had been done. After that, she wanted her healers to be trained to fight off an attacker. So that it has less chance of happening again.”

Her lips twitched in a small smile as Coran added his input, mood lightened by the boy’s offer.

Thoughtfully, she considered what ways she could use to test Káti in his skill as a healer. Finally, “As for your healer’s test, would you care to attend a small healer’s lesson in a fortnight?”

Káti

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double Master
12-12-2020, 07:45 AM

Káti listened politely as Aurielle shared some of the pack's history and he nodded. He of course would use his skills in battle to fight when necessary and he nodded in response. "Of course, and I assure you I am trained in battle. I just don't wish for that to become my only purpose or even my main one." That had been what his old pack had pushed him toward as healing was considered a woman's skill and an unfit practice for a man. He'd done much of his learning in secret with sympathetic healers who disagreed with the way the pack divided tasks among its members.

His attention turned to Coran as the pup mentioned sparring. "That would be good. Perhaps you can show me some moves?" He grinned before looking over to Aurielle. His ears perked up at the mention of a healing lesson. "Oh, I would like that very much!" Due to the circumstances in his old pack he'd never had a chance to attend an official healer's meeting and he was eager to experience his first.

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
12-19-2020, 08:58 PM

The wolf sounded promising to Coran.  It wasn’t necessary for everyone in the pack to prefer fighting over all else or they would sorely lack in other skills.  If this wolf was capable of fighting but preferred other areas it should be a nice mix.  Mom wasn’t going to just take him at his word though.  So new wolves had to be tested on their abilities.  Coran hadn’t thought of that before but it made sense.

Coran’s tail flagged a bit at Kati’s question, dipping his head in a small nod, “Sure can,” the answer coming with the confidence that the pup felt good enough about his fighting abilities to think they were worth showing off to the adult.  Hey, if his primary study wasn’t fighting then he could be better, right? At least he might have learned things from mom and dad that this wolf hadn’t been trained in where he came from.  Maybe they fought differently?