Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesVengeanceMammoth HunterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
10-26-2020, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 06:24 PM by Dunkan.)

Dunkan and Urasa had a mission on their minds. This would be dangerous and they knew that they couldn’t play around once all of this began, and what is that quest? That goal? Dunkan was ready to obtain his first armor, he was ready to add something new to his warrior arsenal. And after a few weeks of thinking which animal he wanted to get armor from he decided a lion could be an excellent choice. A mane could protect his neck and the skull on his head. But a lion wasnt a game, if a bear was difficult he felt a lion would be worse, a suicide. And alone he held lesser chances of winning.

So as he made his way through the grass he and Urasa kept their eyes and noises ready. And there he found a figure at the distance. Silently they took cover on a bush and from there a lonely male lion was there. It seemed hurt, he could smell it.

Lion kill 1/3
Crafting 0/3

"Speak"

He has a male Jaguar Named Urasa and a female red tailed hawk named Kaira ,They are always around him unless told otherwise
He wears a lion skull with mane and claw bracers.

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - GayPride - AgenderDouble Master
10-26-2020, 08:13 PM

Stjarna sniffed around the border of the valley, a valley that until recently had housed a pack. They could smell the faded, lingering scents but with nothing fresh to catch his attention they decided the pack was no longer living in this area. Carefully, they crept into the valley. Star moved cautiously at first, ears swiveling to try and pick up any sounds of a threat but as they walked farther and farther into the valley their confidence soared. Wooo, no pack to ruin the party!

Oh wait… Star slowed to a stop at a curious scent. It was a big cat and it smelt sick. Looking to the side Star spied a large male lion that appeared to be injured but that wasn't what had caught the wolf's attention. It looked up at him and Star could tell from its eyes that something was wrong in its head. This lion was not well. Hackles raised and Star growled as the lion charged.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesVengeanceMammoth HunterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
10-26-2020, 09:12 PM

Blue eyes narrowed over the unwell feline who the Templar hoped would become a good armor soon. He wanted to feel powerful and like the mighty warrior, he was by using such a thing when he was up to the battle. He didnt just want to be deadly but look as if he was. Maybe these predator hunts could help him raise his confidence back to where it was, he knew his young pack needed his strength and capability to fight. He had to be ready to destroy whoever threatened his home. The massive bear hunt he had a few weeks ago did help and gave him more desires to fight away.

And there he considered his options as he watched the lion walk with a limp on their back leg and the way it walked made it look like they weren’t aware of their surroundings. Well, he could use that to his advantage. But there a familiar face came to the view though he didn’t know their name. But leaving that aside for now he focused again on the felid but it charged toward the stranger.

As long as they didnt damage the face and mane too much he was fine as those were the parts he was going to use for his armor. And like that he charged forward with ears flat and bared fangs. Urasa followed but he was going to act as a distraction and thus Dunkan aimed to bite on the lion’s back with a crushing bite. The goal was to kill it so today there wouldnt be mercy.

"Speak"

He has a male Jaguar Named Urasa and a female red tailed hawk named Kaira ,They are always around him unless told otherwise

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

10-28-2020, 08:49 PM

Star dove to the side, just narrowly avoiding the brunt of the lions claws but the wolf did not escaped unscathed. The lions claws tore moderate lacerations in Stjarna's left shoulder. They cried out from the pain, wincing as they swirled around and bit into the lion's injured ankle At that moment another wolf appeared as well as another large cat but Star couldn't focus on that. Fangs bit into the wounded ankle with such force that the wolf managed to break the lion's left ankle. It roared in pain from the wounds to its back and ankle. Twisting in its fangs grabbed onto the back of Stjarna's scruff and threw the wolf aside. Star hit the ground with an awful thud. Struggling to get back on their paws Star kept eyes open for what the lion might do. No way did they want to end up as lion food today!

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

11-02-2020, 02:56 PM

His bite was deep as his fangs connected with the feline’s back. Blood poured from the wound that he just provided. Urasa would wrap his legs around the lion’s backside, bitting on the spine to try immobilizing it so the two wolves could perform best. The other wolf received a claw marking from the lion, Dunkan narrowed his eyes and would try catching the lions paw on his jaws trashing his head away. He wanted to take away the dangerous claws out of the combat. Now she would wrap his legs over and try getting his jaws under this to get a good hold on the throat and like that bite hard.

"Speak"

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

11-03-2020, 08:01 PM

Star eyed the lion, focusing on the cat as the other man moved for the creature's throat. Stjarna raced forward and leapt. Landing on the back of the lion, Star reached forward and bit into the lion's left ear. The wolf pulled sharply back on the ear to pull the lion's head back so the other wolf could get at the lion's throat more easily. The lion roared and thrashed until it passed away. Stjarna crawled off the lion and sat down heavily, panting with exhaustion. A lion fight was taxing and Star hoped not to run into another one any time soon. Star looked to the brown and white man he'd been fighting with. "You ok? My name is Stjarna but you can call me Star." Ears twitched and Star looked around for a moment but then relaxed. There was no sign of any other lions around, so that was good.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

11-06-2020, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 06:25 PM by Dunkan.)

The intense combat kept going and thanks to both Urasa and the other wolf he was able to lock his jaws around the lion's jugular. Of course, it struggled and in a second it managed to claw his left shoulder trying to make him let go but he wasnt going to. He wasnt one to give up and leave unfinished what he started. No, he was to always fight to the end for what he wanted, and even if it caused pain he wasnt going to let go. And like that the lion started to lose strength and finally it was gone.

With his jaws dripping blood, he turned at the stranger with his cold blue eyes. "I am, and you?" He shook his fur before sitting down. Now the harder part was to begging. Armor creation. "By any who do you know how to make an armor? I am hoping to use the lion's head and mane for one." He wasnt to ask for help but he wasnt stupid and he knew it was necessary today if he wanted the Armor.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

OC- Lion fight 3/3
Crafting 0/3

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

11-06-2020, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 09:13 PM by Stjarna A..)

The man said that he was ok and Star nodded. "Yea, I'll live." There were cuts and bruises but nothing that would cause permanent damage. Star listened as the other man stated that he wanted to make armor out of the lion's head. That was an interesting request. "I have made hide bracers before. I've never made a helmet out of a lion head before but we can try. We'll have to detach the head from the rest of the body." Star moved over to the lion and began to chew at the neck, pulling away muscle. Star paused to lick the blood of their muzzle. "After we remove the head and neck I guess we'll have to peel off the skin. Do you want the skull?" Star didn't know the best way to do that. They'd need to get the brain out of there some how or it would rot and decay inside the skull.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

11-07-2020, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 12:02 AM by Dunkan.)

Himself was fine, the claw marks on his shoulder weren't deep,so he should be fine with some rest. He wasnt too concerned with having himself hurt, that was obvious to happen for those with the job of the warrior. But leaving that to a side he focused on what he wanted.

"I have made hide bracers before. I've never made a helmet out of a lion head before but we can try. We'll have to detach the head from the rest of the body." "Is that I wanted the mane and skull." From there he observed what they did. But soon he joined them and did the same. "After we remove the head and neck I guess we'll have to peel off the skin. Do you want the skull?" "The skull and the mane." He took some minutes to think. "Or we could get just the skin and Mane."

"Speech!"

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

11-07-2020, 10:00 AM

Stjarna thought for awhile on the best way to fulfill the man's request. How to get both the skin and the skull without anything rotting. Leaving muscle on the skull would rot. "Ok, we'll need to remove the hide. Next we'll clean the meat off the skull and remove the brain. Then we can stick the hide back on with pine pitch." Star nodded. Yes, this sounded like it would work.

Star moved over to the lion head and used his fangs to cut the flesh down the center of the neck so they could peel it away from the muscle. Star worked quickly, removing the hide from the neck. The blue-eyed man could work on peeling however much skin off the face that he wanted. Star pulled the hide back and finished removing it from the neck with the mane in tact.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

11-10-2020, 08:26 PM

"Ok, we'll need to remove the hide. Next we'll clean the meat off the skull and remove the brain. Then we can stick the hide back on with pine pitch." The wolf seemed quite wise, or at least way more than himself. And this made him even more interested in learning more from them. And thus he listened to his words with all of his focus on them. "Then let's do what you say. Please let me know if i am doing anything i shouldn't." He commented as he moved to do what he made, paying attention to the way he skinned the lion. In a way he had never seen before. And like that he helped them.

And at the end, they pulled the skin with the mane in one peace. Just what he wanted, now the skull and brain were to be cleaned. But how? "And how do you clean the fresh and brain?"

"Speech!"

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

11-15-2020, 02:56 PM

The man agreed to do things Star's way which would make it easier. "Go ahead and start removing the extra flesh from the hide. I'll get the brain." Star moved back over to the skull and started chewing on the corners of the lion's jaw until at last the lower jaw bone came free. It was a lot of work as Star had to work on removing meat and cracking bone. Star worked on breaking the underside of the skull then using their paws to pull the brain out, bit by bit. "Ok, the brain is out, if you can finish tearing the meat off the bones I'll get a fire going for the pine pitch."

Star would need to heat the pine pitch up to make it warm and sticky so they could actually stick the hide back onto the clean skull once Dunkan was dun pulling the rest of the meat off. Star gathered wood and built a fire ring. They didn't need a bit fire. A small one would do it just needed to be hot enough to warm up the pitch.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

12-01-2020, 04:56 PM

Dunkan nodded upon Star's command. He didnt want to be useless now, as this was seen as a lesson of sort. Someday he would make one alone, and what he could learn from the stranger was currently wanted. In cases like this, he regretted leaving the Armada before learning how to make armors but well, there was no solution nor benefits from complaining. Right now he was learning, and that was what mattered now.

He made as told, removing the meat from the hide, being extremely careful to not damage it. But while he did, he looked at the other wolf. Removing the brain, was graphic but he didnt mind. He was calm. He knew that in the path he was in, of a warrior death could be a common situation, blood, and such things and perhaps he would have to perform killing but not like he would do so of the fun of it.

Later the stranger spoke about fire. He couldn't lie, he was curious with fire and how to make it, and in silence he observed.

"Speech!"

Stjarna A.

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

12-05-2020, 07:01 PM

Once Stjarna got the fire going he pulled some pine pitch out of the travois. It was a hard, black mass at the end of a stick. It was solid for now but would become sticky when heated. Star carefully leaned the stick against one of the rocks to heat up. "Ok, I just need to heat this up and it will act like a glue. We can spread it on the skull and then attach the hide."

Stjarna watched carefully. Pine pitch was highly flammable, to heat it too much could cause all of it to go up in flame or even spread to the grass and start a brush fire. When the wolf was satisfied, Star picked up the stick and carefully began to dab the dark, amber goo over the skull. They set the pine pitch aside and then moved to the lion's hide and carefully placed it back over the skull. "Ok, let's get this positioned right before the pine pitch dries."

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

12-15-2020, 05:14 PM

"Ok, I just need to heat this up and it will act like glue. We can spread it on the skull and then attach the hide." He nodded once more as he took note of all they were doing. Perhaps he could replicate what he learned today for any further armors he ever made later on. And then, they waited until it became more liquified and like that as a show of magic Star placed both the mane and the skull together. He was impressed, something very hard to archive on Dunkan's behalf.

"Ok, let's get this positioned right before the pine pitch dries." "I should thank you, not only for teaching me but risking your life back then when we killed the lion. I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for you. I am in debt with you." He said bowing his head.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think