size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-11-2020, 09:11 AM
He couldn’t say how long it had been since Rue had died, it could have been days, weeks, hours.. Indy didn’t care or keep track. The young man hadn’t eaten anything since and for a long time he had felt sick to his stomach. Now he’d reached a state of numbness. Over the course of that time Rue’s face haunted him, her sweet smile and trusting expression continued to shift into the mangled bloody pulp the hyenas made of her. His revenge, the clan’s massacre, didn’t help his feelings. Killing them would never bring Rue back. He carried the entirety of responsibility of her death on his shoulders and slowly convinced himself that nothing was worth it anymore. He couldn’t keep anyone safe, especially not his innocent vulnerable friend. His best friend was dead because of him.

Though she had been laid to rest not long after her death it felt like the girl was still with him, blaming him for the excruciating end she’d been forced to endure much too soon. Indigo had promised that he would help her, that he would guide her and keep her safe as she made her place here in the Hallows. That promise was as shattered as she had been.

Indigo’s heart was turning to black ice. His body reflected that fact in the disheveled way his nearly grown mane rested. The black colored blood that remained on his pelt, or the fur that he clung to, a piece of Rue’s bedding that held her scent. The tears had finally stopped, but only because of his lack of water. Indigo was crashing and that fact wouldn’t be hidden from anyone.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
12-11-2020, 09:54 AM
Aslatiel had received word that something had happened. She was assured that Indigo wasn't dead or injured beyond repair, but he was indeed broken. Without notifying anyone of her whereabouts, the young woman limped her way across the land, dead set on reaching her brother. Asla's heart hammered in her chest and she cursed the injured leg for making her slow. Ashur moved along beside her, growling low about how they should have told someone first and she shot him an icy glare. This was too important to wait. Besides, she would never ask for permission.

It took over a day to get to the Hallows. Since this was her grandmothers land, she didn't bother announcing her presence. Instead, she made her way directly to the river that led to the falls. Following the river and her nose, the cream and grey wolf made her way to the den that she believed to be her brothers.

As she moved inside of the dark space, the smell of old blood and injuries wrinkled her nose. There was a female scent here as well and jealousy rose up within Aslatiel like a dragon. She had told him to play the game, but this was proof that she didn't like it any more than he did. Hopefully the woman wouldn't show up while Asla was here or she'd rip her a new one. Especially for leaving Indigo in such a state.

Slowly and gently Aslatiel curled her small body around Indigo's upper half. She didn't know quite what was wrong with him other than the fact that he had lacerations scattered all over. Asla began dragging her tongue over the scratched on his muzzle and started to clean the blood from his fur. He couldn't stay like this.
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-11-2020, 10:16 AM
Indigo had no plan, as far as he was concerned there was no future. He was a failure and he lamented the fact the hyenas hadn’t taken him as well. He was useless despite all the training and encouragement he’d been given as a pup. He’d let his best friend be killed, how could anyone trust him ever again? The boy wallowed in his sorrowful thoughts, even as Aslatiel appeared.

She was soft and quiet, and he hardly noticed her presence until she was holding tightly to him. He didn’t know how she’d gotten here or who told her his current state but she brought relief with her. Not that he deserved an ounce of it. He rumbled deeply, gritting his teeth as he did so. How could he make her understand? She started to clean his wounds, removing his, the hyena’s, and Rue’s blood.

”Stop.” He told her hoarsely, his voice weak with disuse. ”I deserve to keep it.” All he deserved was to die in his den. Aslatiel’s care and sweetness shouldn’t have been wasted on him, but then why was it so easy to let go of the fur in his grasp and shift to hold onto his sister?

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-11-2020, 10:33 AM
Grey ears flicked forward at his harsh words. She felt him stiffen beneath her. The lady's galaxy gaze hardened ever so slightly as she replied. "I will not stop. You are my brother. I love you. We are better than this." However he wanted to take that last bit was up to him. They were better than wallowing. Better than letting themselves waste away. Besides... she needed him. Whatever he was going through, they would get through it because she needed him. And he needed her. "I love you," she repeated, much more softly.

Again, she pulled her tongue over the wounds, pulling away blood and more. She would clean his face first, lovingly turning his fur purple once more. Whatever he was going through, he would tell her in time. For now, she was content to be there for him whether he wanted her to be or not. At some point she needed to get some food and water in him, but she would wait for his mind to catch up first. He'd been out of it for so long now.

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-11-2020, 11:20 AM
He couldn’t tell her what to do, something he knew when he wasn’t in such a state. He wouldn’t have dreamed of saying it had he not felt the way he did right now. Indigo wouldn’t argue with her, he didn’t have the passion to do it, but he argued internally. Aslatiel was better than this, she was every good in his life. He couldn’t prove his worth, not after what had been done. Not after what he’d allowed to be done. Indy’s chest clenched, both because of his reality and the sound of Aslatiel’s affection. He sighed heavily and submitted to her care, relaxing against her for the first time since before everything.

His muscles relaxed and he was forced to be aware of what he was doing to himself. Aslatiel reminded him again of her love before working on the gore on his face. He’d failed Rue, the placeholder, but he couldn’t face life if he failed his sister. The one he loved. If he wasted away that’s what he’d be doing, but if they went on who was to say he wouldn’t fail her at a critical moment?

”I love you, Aslatiel.” He sobbed tearlessly as he grabbed for her. He’d never felt so lost. ”I’m not better. I... “ Indy choked on his words. ”I let her die.”

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-11-2020, 12:27 PM
As he finally began to relax against her, Asla slid her cheek along his muzzle. Gods did she love him. The girl hated seeing her brother like this. Whatever had broken him, she was bound and determined to fix it. He couldn't stay like this. She needed him to be okay. Without Indigo, she would be lost. She would break. If something happened to him, she might snap. Perhaps she'd go back to the Armada and massacre all of the pups. Perhaps she'd fight their father to the death. Who knew what she would be capable of with a broken mind? No... Indigo had to be alright. Without him, there was nothing to live for.

His words brought her gaze down to rest upon his face. She knew that he loved her, but it was nice to hear it. It meant that he was coming out of his shock somewhat. When he grabbed her and pulled her close, she went with it, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing her cheek against the top of his head.

Indigo's words made her frown. He let her die? A bit of relief flooded through her. Hopefully he was talking about the woman that had been sharing this den with him. At least now she didn't have to beat the wolf down. Still though... it was making Indigo feel horrible. Perhaps the wolf had meant something to him. She would surely be upset if Bas died, so she tried to understand and be sympathetic.

Asla gave him a squeeze and began stroking his bloodied mane, which she noted was much thicker, with one grey toed paw. "I'm sorry, Indy. What happened?" Maybe he would feel better if he talked about it.

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Hopeless, that’s how he felt, hopeless, helpless, and he didn’t know what to do. He hugged tightly to Aslatiel as she held back to him, her sweet presence and gentle affections everything he needed. How could he live with such a great guilt hanging over his head. For a long few minutes Asla was quiet as he cycled through those emotions again and again. There was no fixing Rue, he’d been far too slow and much to lax in his attention to her. She was torn from this world when he’d vowed to protect her.

He shook his head minimally so he didn’t disturb her. ”My friend,” his best friend, his reason for waking up in the morning and balm for his soul when Asla felt so far away. ”I failed to protect her life, I promised. I’m the reason…” he lost his momentum as he spoke about those moments that he wished so hard were different. He buried his head into Asla’s fur and tried to will the past in a different direction.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-12-2020, 10:16 AM
Ah, so the woman had been a friend. Hopefully nothing more. It was wrong of her to feel so jealous when she had admirers galore, but it was still how she felt. Asla wanted Indy for herself for always. With the game though, that wasn't possible. Not until they were older. Maybe not even then. The young wolf pushed those thoughts from her mind though. Now was the time for him, not her jealousy.

Aslatiel continued her rhythmic stroking as her brother spoke. He had made a promise and nature had broken it. Light kisses were placed atop his head before she placed her cheek on him once more. "I don't know what happened, but I do know that you can't save the world. There's no way for someone to always be there when bad things happen." She gave him a squeeze. "I am sorry for your friend though. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to feel so badly." Asla certainly didn't.

Nosing into his cheek, she sought to rouse her brother. "Come with me, Indy. Let's get you washed up. I'm here to take care of you." She placed yet another kiss on his brow, looking hopefully down at him with big purple eyes.

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Asla held him softly, her comfort soothing the ache in his heavy heart, but he wasn’t sure that the guilt would ever go away. Rue had so much life ahead of her, they’d been so young. Worst of all he had promised her. He was going to keep her safe and teach her how to be a pack wolf. He was going to instill a confidence in her bright heart. But all of thta had been ripped away with the hyena’s teeth.

Indigo sighed heavily even as his sister soothed his soul, her gentle rhythmic motions, kisses, and cuddles. They were a balm to his turmoil. She spoke softly, trying to convince him beyond his mentality but even her sweet words wouldn’t heal him. He would hold himself responsible for Rue’s death and he’d never make a similar promise ever again.

”They killed her. They tore her apart. Her screams...” His voice was hollow and haunted, he’d never forget the sight of her barely recognizable body. The pain she’d had to endure before death took her, the screams that fell from her lips… Indigo buried his face in Aslatiel’s fur once more.

She wanted him to get up but he wasn’t sure that he could. He’d told her once he deserved to wallow here in his misery, to let himself be swallowed by the guilt that lay heavy over him. He’d grow silent, and slowly follow her guidance. He’d do it to make her happy because there was little else of import in his life but Aslatiel’s smile.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-12-2020, 12:07 PM
His tones were low and his words were haunted but she sought to soothe him. "You can't focus on that. Remember what your friend was; not what happened to her. Honor her memory." The words were filled with her love for him, though she didn't believe in them herself. If he could forget the woman, all the better. Aslatiel would piece him back together with the only adhesive that she had: her love.

In time, she was able to get Indigo to his paws. She gently led him from the musty den and out into the world. She'd arrived in the evening and the world was now dark. Only a partial moon lit the sky. The small wolf led her massive sibling to the river where she would prompt him to step out into the water. Gently she would work to rinse the dried and crusted blood from his deep purple pelt, dragging her kitten claws through the went plaits to separate them and get the tangles out.

She felt for her brother, she truly did. His spirit was broken and she didn't like seeing that at all. He should be bright and lively. Full of emotion and happiness. Asla missed the times when they were younger and didn't have a care. These moments though, the hardships, they would craft them into the creatures that they were meant to be. No matter how Indigo changed from this event, she would love him. Whether he became darker, more cynical, fearful, whatever... she would love him.

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-13-2020, 06:21 AM
”How can I not?” Indigo asked with a soft whisper. He didn’t want to wallow in his torment but all he could hear was Rue’s agonized voice and he replayed those bloody moments over and over again in his head. He drew in an unsteady breath as his emotions threatened to spill over again. The pair of them moved slowly, Indy tried to focus on his sister, his muzzle resting in the scruff of her fur as he breathed her in. That she still wanted him after he’d failed so terribly warmed his iced over heart.

They waded out into the water, it was cold but the shock did the boy good. As Aslatiel groomed his mess of a pelt Indy dipped his face into the cold water. He blew all of the air out of his lungs into the cold water and the bubbles washed around his face. Zulled blue eyes closed and he remained still for a long moment, even as he brought his focus on Asla’s work.

He gasped heavily and brought in the chilled air to his lungs as he pulled his head from the water and turned his neck to watch his sister’s work. The water was still chilly to him but he was slowly growing accustomed and he slid deeper into the water so his sister could reach all of him. His mind was racing and he needed guidance, but he didn’t know how to ask for help. He didn’t know what Asla could do for him. How could he trust his own abilities ever again?

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-13-2020, 08:11 AM
Indigo was compliant and went along with her wishes as she led him into the icy water. She bathed her sibling with care, making sure to get every little bit of gore off of his plum colored pelt. He would be sparkling in no time. There would be no outward remnant of the tragedy that he'd faced. All of the damage would be on the inside. In time, she would fix that as well. For now she would clean him up so that no one would ask questions.

How could he not feel guilty? She didn't know the answer to that. She was wired much differently than he was. She was cold to a degree that he would probably never be. She could disconnect while he felt everything to the highest degree.

The big purple beast pushed his face beneath the water, expelling the air from his lungs. Aslatiel watched, brow furrowed. She was almost ready to pull him up by his mane when he resurfaced. Sitting on her haunches, Asla placed a grey gloved paw on either side of her brother's face. She looked deep into his blue eyes and placed a soft kiss on his muzzle. "I'm going to stay here with you. Grandma won't mind. Dad will be harder to sell, but I don't care. I'll fight him if I have to." Moving forward, she wrapped her forelegs around his neck, pressing her chest up tight against him. "You're all that matters, Indy. I would never leave you like this."

Curling around the side of him, she began washing the muck from his sides and back, ending with his tail. Thankfully there wasn't too much gore there. It had mostly been on his front half. In time, she had him spic and span. "Come on, let's get you warmed up and fed." She took a step away then turned, extending a paw towards him.

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-13-2020, 08:36 AM
Indigo was soaked through, and despite the heat his body provided it wasn’t long until his skins was shivering beneath his thick coat. His mane was much longer and thicker these days, an attribute he’d never expected to grow into. As Indy grew closer to full maturity so did the thick fur around his neck. The thought didn’t cross his mind but it would take him a very long time to dry out.

As he lifted his massive head from the water Asla was there, her soft paws on his cheeks as she forced their purple and blue eyes to meet. The turmoil within was obvious in his icy gaze, but the girl’s sweet kiss warmed him. The lavender beast sighed heavily again, but nosed forward as she spoke and touched his nose to hers.

She would stay with him, that offer alone began to put him at ease. He closed his eyes and relaxed into her embrace as she wrapped her petite arms around his neck. ”Thank you.” He needed his sister, more now than he ever had. Surely Sirius would understand that right? He kept his eyes closed and embraced the icy feeling of the cold around him as Aslatiel finished her work and cleaned him completely of the events leading up to these difficult moments.

The encouragement was enough to rouse him, he’d blink back the tears that threatened to fall. Another sigh fell from dark lips as he lifted himself out of the water and pressed his cheek to her outstretched paw. Whatever he faced he found comfort in knowing Asla would be right beside him, fighting with him even if she didn’t understand.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-15-2020, 11:20 AM
Asla gently cupped Indigo's damp cheek as he rubbed it against her paw. Despite the horrific events that he'd gone through, the young wolf was happy to be here with him. Out from beneath the oppressive thumb of their father, Aslatiel felt free. Free to give her affections to Indigo without worry of repercussions. He thanked her and she merely nodded before beckoning him to follow.

Leading Indy back to his den, she rubbed him down with a big fur, drying him as best as she could. "You stay here. I'm going to get you something to eat." Asla pressed her face against her brother's, eyes closing momentarily. She then left the den and sought her grandmother. After telling the woman that she was here and that she would be staying a while, Resin gave her directions to the kill den. Dipping inside, she selected a chunk of dried venison. It would be safe to let sit if Indy couldn't eat it all, but it was small enough to carry comfortably and didn't look like a mess of wet meat. She doubted he could handle that right now, her poor, sensitive brother.

Sliding back into the den with Indigo, she placed the venison before him. "You need to eat. Get your strength back up." Asla then settled herself beside him, not caring that she would get wet as well. Turning her head, she pulled a fur up and over their backs. It would keep them warm despite their damp fur. Then, all she could do was be there. Tomorrow they could start rebuilding him, but tonight he just needed sleep. She would be there for him in the night. In the dark.

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
12-15-2020, 08:36 PM
Getting back to the den was a dizzy blur, the chill was getting to him and small little shivers raced over his skin before Aslatiel began to rub the fur over his own. The friction warmed him as did returning to the cozy underground shelter. She tucked him in and bid him remain while she got some food. Indigo offered a half smile that didn’t have his spirit in it as she left the den. Indy was again left with his own thoughts and the cold. It still smelled of Rue, and she should have been the one curled up with him, but he’d failed her.

He sighed softly and put his head on his damp legs. He relaxed into the sparse furs but it wasn’t long until he was cold again. Indy’s eyes did flutter open at the return of his sister and her offer of food. He still didn’t feel like eating, but she didn’t press him too hard before returning to his side. Besides his eyes Indy didn’t move much aside from shifting to let her get closer to him. He looked down at the dry venison and decided he couldn’t stomach it tonight.

As Aslatiel pulled one of the bigger complete furs over them Indy curled more tightly against her. He was done with words and emotions. He could feel his physical and mental exhaustion. Asla was a calming force, with the smell of her combined with her warmth Indy could sleep easy for the first time.