An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
12-21-2020, 09:28 PM
ooc: Set after his fighting seasonal

He'd never been so eager to get back to his family's den than he was right this vary moment. He hurried toward the pack lands, crossing back over into the forest around the hot springs. There was a nagging little voice in the back of his mind that reminded him that he was probably going to be in trouble for going out on his own, but he just couldn't wait to show his parents the new friend he made! The big black and reddish brown bird was so cool! Plus the eagle had really helped him out with that badger so maybe if his new buddy wanted to stick around he could go exploring more! Even better!! As he was running he kept glancing back over his shoulder to make sure that the eagle was still following him and he could just catch glimpses of the big, dark wings in the sky through the branches of the trees. He gave a huge grin and then refocused on the path ahead of him so he didn't accidentally run into a tree or something.

The lanky pup spotted his mother down near where the healers usually hung out and he made a bee-line straight for her. "Momma! Momma!" he called excitedly to get her attention, his tail wagging like crazy. For the normally more serious and subdued pup this amount of energy was very unusual but he had fought a badger and he found an eagle so if anything was going to be exciting it was now! He skidded to a stop in front of her, giving her a big, spiky toothed grin as he plopped down onto his haunches, panting hard from excitement. In all his buzzing energy about his very interesting day, he'd completely forgotten about the bites the badger had given him on his shoulder and front leg that made him look much more of a mess than he felt.

"Momma! Look! I made a friend!" he told her as he pointed up toward the tree above them where the eagle had perched, the black and chestnut raptor looking at the pair with intelligent eyes. The bird gave Azariah a small bob of his head in greeting while Ezra went rambling on about everything that had happened. "I went exploring - just a little bit! - and a badger attacked me! It was in some kind of den and it got mad at me for no reason! I mean I looked in its den, but like... who just attacks someone for looking?! Anyway! So I was fighting it and then this big bird swoops in out of no where! He beat up that badger real good! So I think he's my friend now! Can he stay? Pleeeeeeease?!"

Azariah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Volcano
12-21-2020, 09:51 PM
The first response Azariah had at her son's approach was shock at the state he returned to her in! Several bite marks littered his perfect little coat, even though he was full of excitement and seemed to otherwise be fine, she fussed over him as she listened to him speak and looked up to see the eagle nod in greeting. Another worry crossed her mind, Ezra had brought home a raptor... Umbra cawed defensively at the bird of prey and Azariah watched the two carefully. Despite her initial worry, the witch found herself smiling as her little one told his story and made his request to keep the eagle around.

"Well, he did save you. What an awfully rude badger to attack you like that. Would it be wise to keep an eagle and a raven together?" Her nose wrinkled to show her displeasure at the mustelid's behavior. Her expression softened, then she nodded, but put a paw up to quell excited celebrations for now. "I suppose he can stay, but, he has to promise not to harass or harry or otherwise ruffle Umbra's feathers." She relented as she looked him over, worrying over her little boy. "Let me see these bite marks, are you okay? Thank heavens your eagle friend was close by." A reassuring smile crossed her delicate features and she made sure nothing was too bad.

Click character icon to see their profile.
Discord Bird#1780 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!
Bite Warning! Azariah will bite out of fear or anxiety, please be careful with her!
Ulric Adravendi & Fam may crash any of Azariah's threads regardless of tags! <3

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
12-25-2020, 01:17 AM
Ezra looked up at his mother with the sweetest, most pleading eyes he could possibly muster while she started musing about whether his new friend could stay with him or not. He hadn't really thought about the eagle and his mother's raven not getting along and when he glanced back at where the eagle was perched, he saw the raven watching the larger bird a bit nervously, but his eagle friend didn't really seem to pay him much mind. Actually, it just looked like the black and chestnut raptor was just watching him and his mom so surely he'd be alright - right? When he looked back at Azariah again, he could see her starting to give in and the moment she nodded a huge grin crossed his face and he was just about to hop up and thank her when she stopped him with a cautionary paw.

Her stipulation seemed easy enough and he looked back up at his new friend with a questioning look. The eagle looked to him and then to the raven perched near him and back again before giving an odd whistling noise in response with a nod of his head. Ezra grinned and looked back to his mother with a nod as well. Easy! Then came the usual mothering and fussing over his wounds that he had honestly forgotten about and he didn't put up any fuss while she looked them over and checked on them all. He held up his right leg where the worst one was so she could do whatever it was that healers do to bites and stuff. It was all stuff that he didn't really take to as much as some of his siblings seemed to be.

"I'm fine!" he insisted to his mother's worrying while he tried to hold still despite his excitement. He realized that since his mother's raven had a name he should probably have a name for his eagle too! After all, he couldn't just keep calling him eagle, could he? "Momma, what should I name him? He needs a cool name!" He hummed to himself for a moment before grinning and adding, "Is there a cool word for eagle? Like in the words you teach daddy!"

Azariah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Volcano
12-25-2020, 01:58 AM
He gave no complaint to her looking over him, deciding even the worst of the wounds didn't seem to need medical attention. Hos question brought a warm smile to her face and she waved her monochromatic tail behind her. "Aquila is the word for eagle in Latin, the language I teach your father." Her smile grew, "I will begin teaching you and your siblings soon enough." She pulled the young pup toward her and swooped him up in a spontaneous hug, then let him go. Umbra cawed irritably from her perch and fluffed her feathers, but otherwise made no protest to Azariah's decision, the raptor had saved Ezra's life, so it could stay.

Click character icon to see their profile.
Discord Bird#1780 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!
Bite Warning! Azariah will bite out of fear or anxiety, please be careful with her!
Ulric Adravendi & Fam may crash any of Azariah's threads regardless of tags! <3

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

12-25-2020, 10:49 PM
Ezra “oooooh”ed when he heard the new word for eagle and he looked up at his new companion with a grin. “I’m going to call you Aquila, okay?” he called up to the eagle, to which he just got a cooing screech in response along with a slight head tilt. He assumed that meant he was okay with his new name and turned his attention back to his mother once again.

His ears perked when he heard that he and his siblings would get to learn this new language too and he grinned, his little tail wagging excitedly. “Yeah! Then we’ll have like... like a secret language! Like spies!” He wasn’t sure what they’d spy on, but it was still cool that there was something just his parents andj siblings would know! Well, maybe some other wolves knew Latin too, but not any that he knew at least.