An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
12-26-2020, 05:15 PM

Gossamer had travelled with Natha to the Stone Steppe. While the lynx went off hunting she settled down to work on some crafting with her fox companion, Ásta. They had gathered a plant called yarrow and now the fox was going to show her how to make a poultice with it to slow bleeding. She was extra excited for the yarrow as this would be a good herb to know how to use for a fighter who would likely have injuries to tend to. She liked the idea of being able to tend to her own wounds, especially when she got older and could wander more.

"Ok, Gossamer, what you'll want to start with first is taking the leaves off the yarrow." The pup nodded and set the plant between her paws as she used her little teeth to strip off the leaves. She worked diligently until she had a little pile.

Lyric

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

ExplorerPride - DemisexualHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
12-26-2020, 07:54 PM

Lyric at this point of his life was still considering what to with it, of course he wanted to become a healer in Abaven but from this point to there he didn't know what to do. He felt lost, he felt unsure about many things. His tail was healing and his soul aswell, he had already lost too many things in his life to the point of slowly making him weaker, making him lose all the good he managed to gather.

Today he was out wanting to find lavender, as he remembered Asvor's explanation of how lavender helped depression and sleeping issues. He guessed he could go find some. But a good thing was that he had gotten a new friend, Lola was now riding him. She found her hurt and lost and there he offered her a home and his company. And now she was his companion. He was glad Lola had some knowledge on herbal treatment so he wanted to take the chance of learning from her while he ever got a teacher.

As both walked he found someone ahead. A pup and their companion. "Hello there, foraging aswell?" He greeted as Lola did aswell with her hand.

"Speech"

[Image: lyric.png]

Lyric has a female Perrier's sifaka named Lola she is with him all the time unless specified otherwise.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
12-26-2020, 08:15 PM

Gossamer pawed lightly at her pile of leaves and wait for the next set of instructions. "Ok, now add the leaves to this bowl and mass them well." Gossamer nodded and scooped the leaves into her bowl before picking up a deer leg bone with her mouth and turning her head to mash the leaves. She worked carefully until she Ásta told her it was good. She set the bone down and was about to ask what the next step was when a young man suddenly appeared. He seemed to be some kind of healer. She smiled politely. "Hi. Yea, I have yarrow! I'm making stuff with it. What are you gathering?" Maybe he knew about some plants that Ásta didn't. She glanced curiously at his companion before deciding she out to do introductions. "I'm Gossamer and this is Ásta."

Lyric

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

12-26-2020, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 08:51 PM by Lyric.)

Lyric found it interesting to see a pup out here apparently alone and hoped he wasn't lost but with their companion, he didnt think they needed help. "Hi. Yea, I have yarrow! I'm making stuff with it. What are you gathering?" "Yarrow? What does the yarrow works for?" He didnt care if the other saw him as ignorant but he couldn't lie, he was just starting to learn. "We are looking for some lavender." He explained as Lola crawled down to the floor. "I am Lyric Destruction and she is Lola my Sifaka friend." Lola smiled at them. "Do you live far? Where are your parents?"

"Speech"

Lyric has a female Perrier's sifaka named Lola she is with him all the time unless specified otherwise.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
12-27-2020, 02:49 PM

"Oh, oh, I remember!" Gossamer spoke quickly so she could show her fox companion that she had been paying attention to her lessons. "It's for bleeding. You can make a poultice out of it and put it on cuts and owies so they don't bleed so bad." She looked at Ásta who grinned. She felt great! The man introduced himself as Lyric and his friend as Lola and explained that they were looking for lavender. She cocked her head to the side. "What's lavender for?"

Ásta pawed at her. "You're almost done with the poultice. You could add a little water and heat it up or take the leaves in your mouth and chew them into a paste." Gossamer wrinkled her nose. Well, she hadn't made a fire so she guessed she'd have to try eating it. Gossamer lapped up the yarrow and made a face as she chewed them into a paste, spitting it out into the bowl. According to Ásta it was the right consistency and could be applied to a wound.

Lyric

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

12-27-2020, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 03:59 PM by Lyric.)

"It's for bleeding. You can make a poultice out of it and put it on cuts and owies so they don't bleed so bad." He nodded surprised to know this. "Ohh, you see I am training to become a healer for my pack. But so far I got no mentors so as of right now I am learning for myself and with Lola." He explained so the pup wouldn't have big expectations on him. "Lavender is to treat depression and helps sleeping better at nights, someone long ago explained me that it was to be used with hot water or tea." Well that was all he could recall as that happened quiet a long time ago.

Their fox spoke explaining something he immediately felt interested in. "What are you doing if may I ask?"

"Speech"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
12-31-2020, 04:56 PM

"Neat!" Gossamer was happy to meet another healer. She listened closely as Lyric explained what lavender was for. She liked tea and something to help get to sleep would be good. "What's depression?" For the young pup that was a brand new word. She knew about sleep and owies but not depression. She also knew about coughs and stuff so maybe it was something that made you cough for puke.

He asked what she was doing and Gossamer quickly spoke up. "I'm making a poultice out of yarrow!" She was proud of her work though she had to admit she did not like the taste of the plants. She'd have to practice adding water and mashing it with a bone or stick so she didn't have to taste the plants or get her slobber on it. Maybe she could try it out again when she got back to the Armada.