size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTrick 2019
12-27-2020, 10:42 AM
Lament had found himself curious about the Empire Deathbelle had started. Having aligned himself with the previous Empress, and then finding himself cast adrift as another found his way into her arms. It was time to move on, and his fondness for the woman would remain. Monogamy and forever weren't popular concepts in a people that gave their love freely to anyone that caught their eye, and there was no hard feeling between them. Leaving Deathbelle in the capable hands of Magnus, and with her blessing, he would find himself at Ashens borders.

His eyes traveled the parts of the land he could see from outside its borders. It was easily defendable, especially with its neighboring ally parked against its east edge. Its scent was strong, with Venom and her warriors. A hint of Armada tinged in with the wcents of Ashen. He would keep his thoughts of the Armada Warlord to himself.

Prepared to make a place for himself, and sell his sword to this Empire, he tipped back his head and howled for its leader.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-27-2020, 12:15 PM
The voice that called out at the border wasn’t one that Venom expected to hear. The man her mother had been with, albeit briefly, wasn’t a face that the young Empress expected to see again. Despite the curiosity Venom limped her way to where he waited on her. The shrine was like the front gates to the pack, no one made the trip to the islands first, but that was not really a complaint in Venom’s mind. She hid the slight limp as best she could, though it wouldn’t leave until she had healed fully.

Bright sunset eyes took in the man in question, but she didn’t shoo him away nor welcome him with open arms. She remained stoic, erring on the side of curious. ”Lament,” she greeted easily enough, her delicate features tilting slightly with curiosity. ”I’m curious why you have summoned me today.”
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

12-27-2020, 02:25 PM
And there she was, the lookalike of his past lover. She walked with a slight strangeness in her stride, as through she had a thorn between her toes that she was determined to ignore. Her gaze on him was steady, and pleasantly stoic. His own was washed of emotion, and his paw offered her a tentive greeting. He did not know how he was to be relieved, but he had come regardless. He wasn’t a wolf thay liked to stand idle for long and well he had enjoyed the respite of lounging in Deathbelles arms, it was time to get moving again. He needed to warm hjs muscles and exercise his brain. He needed a challenge. What better place to find one then the center of the Empire?

"Venom, greetings and salutations. Our previous introduction was brief, so I will expand upon it now. I am a sell-sword of the Ademre. When I sell my loyalty, it is absolute, unless you break it first. I work usually in return for precious metal thay can be turned into swords, and herbs my barren homeland can not grow. However, I find myself in need of a new challenge. If you have space in your pack for a warrior, I will pledge myself to your cause for this season and the next, to see how we fit, your pack and I."
It was more then the warrior usually said, and he fell silent now letting Venom digest his words and thibk upon it.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
12-27-2020, 02:58 PM
He said nothing about her mother, which was both relieving and unexpected. Maybe he found it easy to move on, it sure seemed that way. He was certain in his speech and Venom was very much interested in giving his services a chance. She wasn’t sure how well she might supply his need, but it seemed fair trade for what he asked. Was he here just to challenge or was he making an attempt to be closer to Deathbelle? If that were the case he could have gone to Habari, but maybe he didn’t want to see too eager. Venom tried to drown the thought. For a while they could test this arrangement. See if Lament was worth taking on.

Venom wore a classic Klein smirk, but there was no malice there, ”If that is what you wish, Lament.” She offered with a slight nod. ”I will take you in for this season and the next.”

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

12-27-2020, 05:07 PM
She had little to say, through she chewed in his words a moment. Perhaps looking for his angle. Did she see that he was adrift on the wind, throwing sand and seeing it landed? He was looking for a cause, and hers had seemed the most appealing. The trist between himself and Deathbelle was done, through he would always have fondness for the once-empress. Love and loyalty were not always the same things. Pledging himself to Venom - she could trust him to put her first. Above Deathbelle or any other lovers he might take.

"It is. My loyalty is yours, my Liege" he said offering her a formal bow, his paw flicking though his thoughts as he moved. His anticipation for the challenge to come, his promise to her, and other such thoughts that would never cross his face.
Apparently, it was as easy as that. He was a warrior of the Ashen Empire. "What rank and jobs will you have me do, Emperal Highness?" He said, settling on the simple task of assignments to see what his future would look like for the next two seasons.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-27-2020, 09:19 PM
Venom would have to take him on his word, much like she had done with Hattori. He gave her his word and she’d try him out for a while and see if he was worth his word, or if he would even find his place here in the Empire. Perhaps she’d luck out once more. She lifted a brow as he pulled out all the stops, sparing her no effort, courtesy, or pledge as he spoke and bowed. If he was just trying to suck up he was doing a good job. Venom would let him fawn over her, she didn’t often get that kind of attention. Her mother desired to be loved, but Venom wanted loyalty and strength. Maybe Lament could offer her some of both.

”A Soldier for now. We’ll see how you fit in with my Warriors and we can go from there.” She explained easily. ”You’ll be expected to patrol the borders, and train daily with the other warrior ranks. Unless you have some more hidden talents?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

12-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Lament did not ass-kiss. He was formal, polite, and to the point. Perhaps Venom found that refreshing, for she seemed to respond well to his words and actions. A soldier. He had been that enough times before, he was sure the role would come easily to him again.

“I can do that. Your preferred form of address?” he had never served an Empress before, and wanted to ensure he got that right. “My talents lie first and foremost in battle, offense, defense, you name it. But i’ll prove my skill to you on the field, not in words.” he already said much for his quiet nature