ardent

Late to the Party

Blitzkrieg

gems
size
build
player
11-10-2020, 01:09 AM

Word had reached him some time ago that the Klein Empire had risen in these lands. Blitz had traveled a long way, searching far and wide for the lands that his kin called home, and he felt he was getting closer by the day. It was only by the wayward priestess Pandora - that he had finally gotten the correct location. After a couple of days, he finally found their doorstep and the brute didn't waste much time in getting here. He could smell their scents surrounding the nearby territories, and they were definitely growing stronger the closer he got to the alabastrine shrine. Pandora had walked with him for a short time, informing him of some of the goings-on with the family since their arrival, but as they drew closer, she had departed. Evidently, she was on a mission for the spirits that she could not ignore and she had been unable to tell him what that mission was else the spirits curse her. He wasn't so sure he believed in spirits and Gods himself considering all that had happened to him, but whatever floated everyone else's boat he supposed.

As he got closer to the borders he had to stop. He stared at the invisible line that divided pack lands from unclaimed lands, both nervous and ready to rejoin his kin. He hadn't been among the Klein family since he was a pup...who was still alive and who had fallen in their old kingdom? His heart pounded hard against his chest, the sound deafening in his ears even. Icy blue gaze seemed to stare off into space as he struggled to remember old faces, though truth be told, it was all so...foggy. All he could remember was life after the empire fell...most notably the days during his imprisonment. The days he spent hoping his kin would rescue him someday, but that day never came. He didn't blame them. After all, he had assumed for a long time that they had all perished. That is until he caught word that some of them had survived and moved here. He'd been a free man for a few months now, and while he wished his two comrades were here with him...well...he hoped they were alive and well somewhere...

Taking a deep breath, Blitz stepped towards the borders while composing himself. Once he felt ready, he tilted his head back and called for whoever led the pack, hoping he wasn't too late and that the Kleins still ruled here...

"Speak"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
11-13-2020, 08:15 AM
Venom didn’t recognize the call but it sought after the name of Klein. She couldn’t deny her curiosity as white gloved paws struggled to bring herself from the ground. Her leg was still very broken, but she was able to move around a little more than when the injury had first happened. She had no doubt that Hattori would follow her even if he was keeping himself invisible. Knowing she had him to count on kept her stride confident despite the obvious injury she carried.

Head held high as she limped toward the border she knew that she would be leaving her guest waiting for longer than she intended, but likely as soon as he saw her he would understand the delay. Sunset gaze fell on his massive form, Venom was taller than he was but he outweighed her very obviously. His Klein heritage was near unmistakable as well. Other than that she didn’t recognize him at all.

”You’ve summoned the Empress Klein Abraxas,” she started and surprised herself as she took on Hattori’s habit of keeping his first name hidden. Venom held herself with pride and ignored her injury as she stood tall before him and waited for his reasoning.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Blitzkrieg

gems
size
build
player
12-08-2020, 03:17 PM

He remained standing in place, the only movement from him was the slow sweep of his head as his gaze swept the territory before him. It was odd to say the least, though it seemed to hold a sense of calm and perhaps even a hint of mystery among those bleached trees. It took a while for someone to show up, but he didn't mind. It simply gave him time to think about the family he hadn't seen since he was young. He didn't know who had survived or died, or anything that had happened since the destruction of their empire. It was only by sheer luck that he had heard word of a Klein family living in these lands, and he hoped it was the same family he was related to and not some knock-off that simply shared the same name.

When someone did approach, it was a lady. Taller than him by a few inches, but slimmer than him by a landslide. He turned his attention to her as she walked up to him, an injury clear as day though even with that, she still held herself with confidence. ”You’ve summoned the Empress Klein Abraxas,” His ears perked, icy gaze steadily watching her. "I do not recognize Abraxas name, but Klein? I do." He sniffed, trying to determine if she was the real deal or an imposter. The term Empress did ring a bell, but there were many out there who might call themselves an Empress when leading a pack. "But are you real Klein, or imposter?" He wouldn't go into detail on who he was just yet. Last he remembered, they had enemies in the past but he wasn't sure if that was still the case. He was also very young at the time, but sometimes things didn't change.

"Speak"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
12-16-2020, 07:49 AM
Venom watched him with an uncertain gaze, the sunset hues critical of him and his presence. She didn’t miss his critical gaze, but then again she mirrored it expertly. She already had a healthy distrust in her family name, now both Klein and Abraxas. Venom had never reconciled with her god, still feeling as though he had abandoned her after her father’s death. She would take and make the name her own. For now though, she had to deal with this one.

His voice was deep, as she expected from such a barrel chested man. His build was so much different from the rest of the Klein family she was uncertain of his lineage. She didn’t owe him an explanation of anything, but she wouldn’t criticize his entitlement too harshly. All of the Kleins held that characteristic. An amused grin pulled at the corners of her features. ”You can rest assured I would not emulate such a cursed name.” If he was a true Klein he would know of Hamiclar’s curse that had endured throughout the generations. She lifted one pale eyebrow at him, silently inviting his introduction. He’d already made her wait, she hoped her time and effort wasn’t being wasted here.

Blitzkrieg

gems
size
build
player
12-20-2020, 06:21 PM

They both mirrored each other's gaze, which was all fine and well by him. He had lots of practice with keeping himself looking emotionless. He had to if he wanted to survive his capture. ”You can rest assured I would not emulate such a cursed name.” He carefully hid the surprise he was feeling. It had been so long since he'd been around anyone from his lineage that he wondered why she claimed that. He had been captured at a very young age, so he had no idea what all had happened after the empire fell. Had things changed so much now that their name wasn't what it used to be? "Hmm..." It was quiet as it came out. But eventually he resigned himself to the fact that it was more than likely things weren't the same anymore. He was tired of the facade. He only knew the bit he had learned as a child before everything went to hell.

"I am Blitzkrieg Klein. Cousin to someone I barely remember as erm...Animal?" No...that wasn't his name...Hell...what was it? He looked a tad embarrassed as he stood there puzzled. "Wrong name I think. Eh...He was prince of Empire I think..." Strike two maybe? Shit...he wasn't feeling very confident about this anymore. He decided it was best now to perhaps admit that his memory was fuzzy on the whole thing. "Apologies. It has been long time since eh...since I have been around Klein name. After empire fell, me and some others were taken. Some of them did not survive, some are still there. I escape with others, but I don't know if they live. Some were Klein, some were ally. I was pup when I was captured, so memory on things is...how you say...hazy?" He shrugged as he glanced away for a moment. "I wash up on shore of this land after escape. But I heard long time ago that Empire was rising again. Is that true?" Of course, at the time he had heard it, was when Deathbelle and Hannibal led (though he didn't know that particular part).

"Speak"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-27-2020, 12:57 PM
Venom raised a brow as she tried to decipher his emotions before the brute spoke again. He was rather blank, but if she had to make a suspicion it would be that he was surprised. His next assessment made her more confident in her guess. He was much more uncertain of Klein history than she expected him to be, but after their first exchange he was a bit more forthcoming.

”Hannibal,” she offered quietly so she wouldn’t interrupt him too much. Blitzkrieg, and as she suspected a Klein. She listened intently as he told his story, a Klein not raised in Klein culture. The prospect interested her, but her bias towards her Klein lineage was slowly and steadily turning negative. Not that she could or would hold it against him. None of them chose their lineage.

”I appreciate the information,” Venom returned gratefully. The possibility of more Kleins out there was a valuable tidbit. ”Your understanding is correct, however it no longer stands for the Klein name.” Deathbelle had built it for her family and they had shown their appreciation in the shirking of their duties. Beyond a handful of wolves Venom had lost her respect for her mother’s name. Perhaps Recluse would have a better time, but with her history with Hannibal her own affection for the name wasn’t impressive either. ”So, what do you seek now that you’ve gotten your freedom once more?”

Blitzkrieg

gems
size
build
player
12-29-2020, 03:41 PM

"Hannibal," Ah yes...that was it. How silly of him right? She must've thought him strange for not remembering, but then again who could blame him? He was a pup when everything went down, and then lied to and led to believe the father he never knew had come into his life to take him in. Only it wasn't his father. It was someone who knew the Klein family since he had worked with them. He'd been holding onto the remnants of what he knew for so long, perhaps things weren't what he thought they were. He was always under some illusion that it would all go back to the way it was. But truth be told, he barely remembered that anymore. She thanked him for the information he gave her, and then...”Your understanding is correct, however it no longer stands for the Klein name.” He tried hard not to appear crestfallen over that, but he understood too that since he had been separated for so long, things were bound to change. He didn't know how to feel about that if he was being honest with himself.

”So, what do you seek now that you’ve gotten your freedom once more?” He looked thoughtful for a moment, though also confused. Brows furrowed together as he had to really think about it. Honestly, he wasn't sure. He had been under the illusion that the Kleins were still what they used to be. Hell, honestly he didn't even think he'd find them but here he was. Even if things were different than what he expected. "Well...I'm not too sure. I will admit, I do wish to reconnect with family even if name is not what it was anymore." He shrugged. While he wanted to tell her all the shit he'd been through and that this would be a welcome respite, he didn't know her quite yet and he didn't want her to think he was weak for all that had happened. He had no control over his past up until he finally escaped, and now he had no idea what he wanted to do. He hadn't been able to make his own decisions up until recently...so the question was new to him. He looked up and briefly glanced into the lands behind her, "Eh, your pack. What is name?"

"Speak"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-30-2020, 08:40 PM
She didn’t know when the man was taken from his Klein home but it was obvious he was even less well versed in the history and lore than she was. His accent further proved the distance that he spent from the name that bound them together. The Klein name had taken a sharp downturn in the last year, though there was still some kind of preservation, though if truth be told Venom wished it to remain within Habari’s bounds instead of her own. The Kleins of old had fallen and shown their true natures. They were lazabouts who took no responsibility for themselves and expected the workload to be carried by someone lower.

Blitz spoke again and he seemed truthful in his uncertainty. He was a wolf newly given his freedom, there was little surprise at the daunting task that lay ahead of him. He had to create his life anew, there were no borders, boundaries, or rules. Everything was up to him, and to many wolves that prospect could be daunting. ”The Ashen Empire. We’re very closely allied with the Armada to the east, but much of our kin has migrated to Habari, north east of here.” She offered up her own piece of information for him.

Blitzkrieg

gems
size
build
player
02-18-2021, 10:39 PM

It appeared that the family, from his understanding, had expanded. He still wasn't sure what to think about it all. He had been away for so long, he wasn't sure what to expect or even what it entailed to be a member of the Klein family. Did it even matter anymore? She had asked him what he sought and the question had caught him off guard a few moments ago because he had never really thought about it before. Before, all he could think was to get away and find freedom. And now that he had it, well...he didn't know what to do. He remained quiet for a long while as the choices raced around in his head. He could go off on his own, wander the lands and see the world brand new...or he could stay with a pack - presuming they let him join, even if for a short time until he figured it out. His gaze quietly turned towards her, cool blue gaze still thoughtful. "I think...if it is okay with you, I would decide to stay here? I don't know if short time or not, and I probably sound like idiot for not knowing what I want to do, but...I know no one here, and I travel a long way. I will help pack. I hunt, I fight, I do what is needed. What you say?" If she denied him, he supposed he'd look elsewhere. Though he wasn't very keen on moving from place to place when he was feeling desperate to finally find a place to call home.

"Speak"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

02-19-2021, 10:34 AM
Venom took little pride in her Klein heritage or name, there was more in the Abraxas lineage but Venom preferred to flaunt her own accomplishments rather than her ancestors. She couldn’t be completely sure how Recluse ran Habari, but she knew Sirius was more about an individual’s skills rather than their name. Blitzkrieg seemed to show promise in his physical skills, he was worked somewhere at some point and he’d make his worth apparent swiftly, she was sure. Wherever he wound up.

He didn’t know what direction he wished to take, but wanted shelter and listed the tasks he would eagerly take on to assist the pack and Empire. Venom was silent for a moment as she looked him over, very aware of the pressing boundaries of her pack. ”You are welcome to remain by virtue of our relations, I can offer food and shelter but for a limited time.” (ooc - the timeline is a little convoluted so i’m being vaguely vague) ”Ashen’s borders are full to the brim, however, and I don’t believe your permanent home to be here. I can arrange a meeting with both Ashen’s sister pack, the Armada as well as our cousin Recluse’s pack Habari. Between the two I believe you will find what you seek.”

Blitzkrieg

gems
size
build
player
02-20-2021, 01:51 AM

”You are welcome to remain by virtue of our relations, I can offer food and shelter but for a limited time.” He nodded, suppressing the urge to let out a sigh of relief. While he felt it shouldn't have been that pressing of a matter to him, at the moment it was. He didn't know where else to go and he was tired from his ordeals and everything else he had endured. Of course, she didn't know all that he'd been through and he did his best to not let those trials show physically. Though under his thick fur and upon his underside, he had many scars. ”Ashen’s borders are full to the brim, however, and I don’t believe your permanent home to be here. I can arrange a meeting with both Ashen’s sister pack, the Armada as well as our cousin Recluse’s pack Habari. Between the two I believe you will find what you seek.” He nodded again as he offered a smile of relief and gratitude. "I understand, Miss Klein Abraxas. I am grateful for opportunity, hm? As I say before, while I am here, I will do services and help with what you need, yes? I will do my best until arrangements are made, whether for Klein or no." She did make it clear she had some sort of disdain for the name before, and he was curious what all had changed since the empire fell. He supposed he could catch up and talk to her about it later.

"Speak"