An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - AsexualValentines 2020VolcanoDream Weaver
Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-14-2020, 01:29 PM
Toxicity- by this point- knew she was pregnant. She had thought to go to a healer, but as the symptoms started to come and her stomach started to show, she was more and more convinced of the pups growing within her. Obi had prescribed many herbal medicines that he would grind up and ask her to drink upon waking up and before going to bed. It was a terribly bitter concoction and Tox was loath to take it, but she did so diligently- anything she could do to foster stronger pups for the future. She had not made any announcement nor gone to her sister over it. This was not only something she COULD handle alone, but something she fully intended to do. Her sister had shown herself to be more like Deathbelle than Toxicity had given her credit for initially. She felt a rift between the two of them, and only so shortly after they had bonded too. It was a truth more bitter than any medicine Obi could administer, but it was a truth nonetheless.

Toxicity had much to do before she got too big to function. She piled branches and wood outside of a small warehouse Obi had made. Inside, the monkey worked on chopping down the wood and breaking the branches before storing them to keep dry through the winter. The wood would later be burned in the small outer ovens of the shrine rooms which vented under the floors to allow the bed chambers to be well warmed even in the coldest temperatures. Plopping down a large branch, Tox took a moment to breath and drink from a small vessel Obi left by the temple doors for her.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
12-14-2020, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 02:50 PM by Hanzō.)

Toxicity hadn't publicly announced her pregnancy nor did it seem as though she intended to, but the change in her scent told Hattori all he needed to know. It was none of his business nor was he the sort to pry but all the same he padded to the temple he'd helped her to construct. Making an educated guess the shinobi surmised that if she was anywhere within Ashen's borders it would be here, that he'd find her stowed away from prying eyes and ears. As he drew near his steely gaze roved over the roundness of her form as she stood there with her back to him, bent down and drinking from a bowl. Though he'd never ever think of saying this aloud, he was reminded of a snake with eyes bigger than it's belly, all rotund with bulging sides. His nose wrinkled at the comparison and he was quick to shoo away that line of thought with a flick of his ear.

His gaze then shifted to the work she'd been tending to, to the piles of wood and branches stacked up in the warehouse, even now when she ought to be resting she was keeping herself busy. Which was far more than what could be said for the majority of the Kleins that called Ashen their home. For now. Clearing his throat, Hattori stepped forth but maintained a respectful distance as he dipped his head in greeting, They weren't friends and Hattori wasn't counting on the fact they ever would be, he simply wasn't the sort to get chummy with folks and being the hard ass he was he wasn't gonna start now. Sad but true.

"Are you well?" He rumbled, thinking that this was an appropriate place to start.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Toxicity

Loner

Expert Intellectual (150)

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - AsexualValentines 2020VolcanoDream Weaver
12-22-2020, 12:29 PM
Toxicity wasn't hiding her pregnancy, but seeing as she kept to herself and the other members of Ashen kept their distance- or maybe they simply didn't do anything at all- it hadn't come up and she wasn't keen on letting others know if they didn't come poking around.

Speaking of poking around, Toxicity turned as she heard another approach. Ah, yes, it was Venom's version of their mother's Sirius. Hattori, if Toxicity recalled correctly. He asked if she was well. Tox flicked an ear dismissively, her eyes leveling on him cold and hard for a moment before she turned away and shouldered more wood. "Who's asking?" she asked dryly. "Did Venom send you?"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
12-22-2020, 12:53 PM

Hattori did not expect to be welcomed with open arms, but he wasn't sure what he'd done to warrant such a frosty response. His ears titled back a touch as he considered their last-and first- meeting, now if his memory served he'd found her company somewhat agreeable. And whilst Toxicity had been a little stiff and aloof it was nothing he took issue with, she'd been fine but the same couldn't be said for now. He wasn't the best at interpreting body language, especially in a foreign land with different habits and customs but he could easily sense he was no longer welcome here. Her dry tone and critical words were unmistakeable, even for the likes of him.

Hattori shifted his weight from front paws to back, as he stared her down. Intense and as sure as ever. Whether she believed him or not was her problem but Hattori intended to state the truth, as always.

"I am." He rumbled in return, only to pause for a moment at her following words. Venom and Toxicity were at odds with one another? This was news to him, but then again thus far he'd made no moves to shove his nose into their personal affairs and he intended to keep things that way. He was a Shinobi, not an arbitrator. "And she did not, I am here of my own accord. Is that a problem?"

Toxicity

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

12-22-2020, 01:04 PM
Toxicity took a long moment to evaluate the splotched man critically as he spoke. She hummed, he could be lying and she had no reason to trust him. Was it worse to have Venom sending someone to watch her, or for Venom to be pretending she not exist at all. Huffing, Tox dropped off her next batch of wood, "It's not a problem." She relented, turning to him and regarding him with her edge dropped if only slightly. "Then, I'm doing fine, albeit the little ones I carry with me. How are you?" Toxicity asked more out of obligation than genuine care. "Did you come for more work?"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

12-26-2020, 09:07 AM

Toxicity didn't press the issue. She didn't seem to be the sort who'd waste her breath and Hattori had little interest in adamantly defending his innocence, if she didn''t trust him then so be it. Hattori would live. He was glad to hear she was well, though he idly wondered if she would pretend everything was fine even if it wasn't. He blinked slowly, noting that he was very much that same, that he'd rather suffer in silence than ask for help. But before that thought sunk in too deep, beyond a point of no return, Toxicity continued, asking him how he fared and whether he was here to assist just as he'd done so last time. Not quite. Though given her mood he wasn't entirely sure on how to proceed, whether he should just leave her to stew in her own thoughts and business.

"I am well." It was a customary question, polite and impersonal and his response was exactly what you'd expect. He moved onto the matter at paw without any fanfare. "No. Where I am from it is customary for...women of your condition to rest in hot springs. It is good for you. I will take you there."

In other words Hattori had gotten the idea into his head and refused to let it go, even if only for nostalgias sake.

Toxicity

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

12-26-2020, 07:21 PM
The man returned her detached greeting with a detached response as expected. It was good. He didn't pry. If he wasn't already Venom's, Toxicity would be keen to have the man as her own servant. He next spoke of going to the hot springs and Tox glanced at the pile of work before her. She moved to protest- besides, wasn't it suspicious Venom's little servant guy came up and decided they needed to take a trip right NOW while she was carrying and JUST after her disagreement with Venom? No, surely she had better things to do than to go and cook her and her pups. She moved to protest, but a hand came upon her shoulder. When did Obi get here?

"Ah yes, the kind wolf from before, are you not? Obi asked enthusiastically. "A trip would be a wonderful break for our Daimyo and her little ones." Toxicity shot Obi a questioning glance, but Obi bowed and scurried inside for a moment, returning quickly with a tied skin full of components. "These are the medicines she must take morning and night for the development of the young godlings as well as some dried meats so that you may not have to strain yourselves with hunting."

Toxicity looked between Obi and Hattori for a moment, wondering if they were in some way conspiring. Obi nudged her, "The rest will be good for you. I will handle things here," he said in the language of the gods known only to him and Toxicity. She grumbled lightly, but her eyes came to meet Hattori's coolly. "For tradition, then," she said, motioning for him to lead the way.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

01-01-2021, 11:14 AM

Hattori had expected her to protest, she didn't seem to be the sort of woman who would chose to indulge in such things, but the monkey was a bit of a surprise. Not because of his species, rather how he pushed his way into the conversation, more or less forcing Toxicity to accept Hattori's offer whether she liked it or not. The Shinobi said nothing, his expression remaining as is as he offered the primate a dip of his head in lieu of greeting. Regardless of who he was he seemed to know Toxicity far better than Hattori did, if he believed that it would be good for her then it was likely to be true.

Whatever was said in their strange language it seemed to do the trick as Toxicity soon came around.

"Very well." Hattori turned to lead the way east, it was a bit of a trek but nothing laborious, he was sure that Toxicity could hold her own just fine.

He led on in silence, content with it and unwilling to pry. From her earlier disposition he doubted she wished to exchange small talk with him either, she was foisting her issues with Venom onto him which wasn't entirely fair but he wasn't offended enough to kick up a fuss about it.

"Tell me if you need to rest." He said after a while as he cast a look over his shoulder, her stride was strong and sure, she certainly wasn't limping along but he wasn't exactly sure how much a pregnant woman ought to push herself. He supposed if push came to shove he could carry her but he didn't think she'd appreciate that very much.

Toxicity

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

01-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Convinced by Obi, Toxicity followed Hattori. At first the silence was stony and cold, but eventually that edge melded down as they trekked on. She was winded, tired, but she wasn't planning on letting Hattori know that. He glanced at her and said to tell him if she needed to rest and she huffed dismissively in response. After a little longer passed, Tox broke her silence, "So, entertain me. Tell me about this tradition of pregnant women from your home." She asked as if she was simply bored but she was interested. The male didn't seem to like talking so much and Toxicity thought that maybe requesting him to do such at some length might be enough revenge in her mind for letting him drag her out here. If she made him talk, maybe he'd leave her alone- which is definitely what she truly wanted and not just because she was angry at life at this very moment.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM

Hattori walked ahead, oblivious to the storm that was brewing behind him. Only when Toxicity posed her question did he hmph and turn his neck a little in acknowledgment. She was behind him a fair distance and though she did well to hide it he noticed the sluugish thump to her steps. Not wanting to call her out on it Hattori slowed as though it was on his terms, rolling his shoulder to make a show of the ache of his bones. A slight exaggeration for sure but she wouldn't be able to tell, probably.

"Where I come from many believe that hot springs have healing powers, that it is good for your soul. I cannot say whether that is true or not, but I have always found them to be quite relaxing. " He explained, wondering what she'd make of his initial statement. Though he did not quite understand the basis of her religion she seemed to cling onto it dearly."If nothing take this as a chance to rest. I imagine you need it. "

Toxicity

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

01-22-2021, 06:39 PM
Toxicity appreciated the slowing pace whether or not Hattori did it on purpose. It served her better to pretend he did not do it for her, so that's what she went with- not that she'd want to have someone be nice to her, what a nightmare that must be. Though Hattori spoke, he didn't give up a ton of information. What he said made sense and Toxicity found her foul mood shedding even if just a tiny bit. "I believe much the same about the shrine waters, although instead of promising warmth, they glow," she said. "Though I've never seen springs that are hot. By who's power is it cultivated?"

He mentioned that if nothing else, she could take it as a chance to rest and Toxicity hummed, "Rest isn't in my purpose, but if Obi seems so convinced, I'll allow it this time."

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

01-31-2021, 11:23 AM

Hattori rumbled in acknowledgement. Though he didn't understand her faith or the religion behind it he didn't doubt that there was something special about the waters in the shrine. Perhaps not supernatural, since he wasn't truly sold on such things existing, but he'd never seen purple water before so he would at least give it the benefit of doubt. Even if only to keep the peace. As for the source behind the springs power, Hattori hermed in thought, his nose wrinkling a little as he cast his mind back. The monkeys had used a special word for it when they'd explained it to him but he couldn't think or didn't know of the term for it in the common tongue.

"That volcano, I assume." With a flick of his snout he gestured to the looming Mount Volkan. "The magma heats the water underground and hot springs form as a result. Or so I was told."

Knowing she was such a busy and persistent woman her words didn't come as a surprise to him, but surely she knew given her condition she would have to slow down sooner rather than later. But he held his tongue, he didn't care enough to lecture her on such matters.

"I also find resting in a hot spring helps clear my mind." Which was to say he was sure she had much on her mind, and even more to think about.

Toxicity

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

02-01-2021, 07:51 PM
Toxicity listened to the man as he spoke. Magma or whatever, Tox thought it made sense that the volcano- a place where Abraxas exacted sacrifice- would also have places of benefit. Who knew, maybe Tox could get ahold of some of this magma herself- bring a piece of the volcano to the shrine. "This... magma. Tell me about what you know about it," she nearly commanded. His shyness or lack of talking be damned, she wanted in on the secrets. "How would one acquire such an object?"

He mentioned the springs helped him to clear his mind and before thinking, Toxicity snapped back, "That's what prayer is for." She caught herself and let out a small, quiet huff. Wasn't she just the charming conversationalist... "But... I'm sure resting in the hot spring may help as well..."

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

02-03-2021, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 01:15 PM by Hanzō.)

For reasons Hattori did not care to delve into, Toxicity seemed taken with the idea the volcano and it's magma. He knew only the very basics from word of mouth so he was by no means an expert, but even he thought that getting a hold of magma would not be an easy task. Or one even worth trying, to be honest. He rolled his shoulder yet again as he walked, hiding the discomfort as a shrug. If he kept doing it it'd probably turn into an unwelcome habit.

"I do not know very much, it is...melted rock and when it cools down it hardens to become stone. Perhaps you could find some. " He paused a little as he eyed the peak, he'd never attempted to climb a volcano but the sides weren't too steep. It could probably be done.

Toxicity was quick to dismiss his statement, not even a suggestion, as though it had been a pointed barb, aimed souly at her religion. Hattori shot her a cold side glance, clearly not fussed or impressed by her outburst. Neither of them were great conversationalists but even to him that was in poor taste. If she was so defensive and insecure about her faith then that was her problem and not his. But that's how it often went, no? Projection at its finest, Hattori thought dryly.

"Indeed." Was all he said.

Toxicity

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Iko

02-07-2021, 05:43 PM
Toxicity thought on and off about the lava stone and how good it would be to bring a large slab to the shrine. It would be a physical manifestation of the volcano and would work well for religious ceremonies, she imagined. She wasn't sure how heavy it was or how they could get it all the way to the shrine but... didn't they have slaves or something? Surely they could work out something like that.

At Hattori's glare in her direction, Toxicity's brows knitted, the venom on her tongue barely being held back by her teeth as she let out a huff. It must be so easy to be a mortal with little to no spiritual calling beckoning you this way and that. Oh, to be an oblivious free agent who could just... do whatever mortals did. The rest of the walk would pass in silence while Toxicity split her attention between judging the frivolousness of mortals and actually walking at a decent pace. Just where were these hot springs anyway.